doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: ClapperZapper Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/12/19 01:27 AM
Got a letter in the mail today from the State of Iowa presenting me with a speeding ticket from some camera speed trap somewhere near Des Moines.

Cost me 65$.

I don't even know if I was driving when the picture was taken.

They'll probably send me another shakedown threatening to tell my insurance company if I don't take their online "Driver responsibility" class for a couple hundred more.

Brown's probably behind this.
Posted By: skeettx Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/12/19 02:00 AM
smile
I really like TEXAS

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics...a-ban-into-law/
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/12/19 02:03 AM
Only $65? Count yourself lucky.

You can get charged $65 around here for sneezing out an open window.

SRH
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/12/19 02:22 AM
Who is Brown?

Watch out in Cedar Rapids. They fund their city budgets the same way.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/12/19 02:58 AM
Originally Posted By: BrentD
Who is Brown?

I don’t know if that was on purpose or not but it’s funny either way.

Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/12/19 03:02 AM
Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
Who is Brown?

I don’t know if that was on purpose or not but it’s funny either way.

not really
Posted By: Argo44 Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/12/19 03:44 AM
That's the problem when the police become revenue producers:

The only speeding ticket I've gotten in 60 years of driving was 12 years ago in South Carolina on the afternoon before Thanksgiving... Cruising with speed control set at 55 I entered a long straight noticing a small sticker posted on the speed limit sign. The cop claimed it was a work zone and speed limit was reduced to 45. I got points...the trial was set the day after Christmas...and when I got to the "work site" 3 miles up the road, no one was working,

That hardly matches what you'd get along 301 in North Florida...a solid belt of "plunder the driver". Waldo finally disbanded its police force since it had no reason to exist except to harass. And God help you in Lodovici, Jawja in the early 1960's... There was an infamous light there that would turn green on 301 (before I-95 existed) for 5 seconds.

I really think this sort of highway "stand and deliver" robbery lowers the esteem of Americans for the police; the law enforcement agencies should be taken out of the "you've got to produce revenue" management category.

As for speed cameras...in France over the past year during the "Gilet Jaunes" Yellow Vest protests...the first things they went after were the speed cameras.
Posted By: keith Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/12/19 04:44 AM
$65.00 for speeding is dirt cheap. Be thankful you weren't driving in a State with a Liberal Left Democrat controlled legislature. The absolute lowest fine for a moving violation in my state is $120.00 for not using your turn signal. Speeding will lighten your wallet at least another $40.00.

I fought a speeding ticket a the District Magistrate level several years ago, and lost. Then I appealed it to the Common Pleas Court level, and lost again. Both judges totally disregarded evidence, and the certificate of calibration for the speed timing device was both expired and totally invalid. But I was representing myself, and got the satisfaction of tying up a Courtroom in the County Courthouse, the Judge, Prosecutor, a bailiff, a stenographer, and the cop who ticketed me, for over an hour and fifteen minutes. Their combined wages exceeded my fine. I was going to appeal further to Superior Court, but when I went to file the appeal, I was informed that even if I won, my court costs were not refundable. And the costs were equal to the fine. In other words, the deck is stacked against you whether you pay a lawyer or not. Even if you win, you still lose. But it was entertaining and educational... And I had a lot of fun pissing off the cop and the prosecutor. The judge kept telling me wouldn't grant my numerous motions for dismissal on the grounds that they were incompetent. But I think he agreed with me, and delayed his ruling. I was informed by mail three months after the hearing. Thought I nailed it. Damn.
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/12/19 11:17 AM
Just teasing Ol' Lar', Brent.

Maybe he'll dig in his heels, and take until next summer to convince me it was for my own good.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/12/19 12:02 PM
It's Ludowici, Gene, and it really was a notorious speed trap before I-95 came into being.

Only ticket I ever went to court with I beat, on behalf of my son. He was driving his pickup in town and I was riding with him, in the front passenger seat. There was a city cop car right in front of us as we approached a stoplight. There was another car real close behind. The cop rolled through the yellow. My son quickly asked me "Stop or go?", to which I replied "Go". As we went under it it was still yellow, but turned red so that the car behind us had to stop.

The cop immediately put his blue lights on and motioned us over to the curb. We pulled up behind him and he walked back to address my son, asking for his license. He then began to write him a citation for running a red light. I spoke up and said it wasn't red, it was yellow, that I had watched as we went under it. He replied "I didn't see it but it had to have been red because it was yellow when I went under it". I grinned and told my son to sign the ticket. As we drove away I said "We're going to court on this one".

On court day we waited as two or three dozen before us pled either "no lo contendere" or "guilty". My son pled "not guilty", which got raised eyebrows from the judge, who asked his side of the story. Judge asked if he had witnesses. I walked up, told the judge what the officer had said. He looked at the officer and asked if that was true. Officer nodded yes. Judge dismissed the case.

I warned my son to watch his Ps and Qs in town, because cops don't particularly like being shown up in court.

As for speeding inside the city limits ....... you now cannot be ticketed for it in GA unless you are more than 10 mph above the posted limit. Only exception is the GA State Patrol. They can ticket at any speed over the posted speed limit. I hold the GSP in high esteem ............. not so much local city cops.

SRH
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/12/19 01:39 PM
Good news, that. You and your son were right, the cop was in error-glad you won. Best line ever describing cops (Not Staties, however)came from old chicken-struttin' Rolling Stones front man-Mich Jagger- "Sympathy For The Devil"-- "Just like every cop is a criminal, and all the sinners Saints!"-- RWTF
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/12/19 01:54 PM
Not a speeding scenario- but FWIWIP-- this past Sept- Mae and I visited Niagara Falls, from the Canadian side--then went over the big bridge to the USA- upper NY State- beautiful-- somewhere en route to Gettysburg PA- we went through one of those toll gates, where if you have an E-Z-pass thingy on the front upper windshield (prepaid annually I would guess) you are clear, but if not, they have a camera that gets your rear license plate- and they mail you a ticket, and give you 30 days to mail in your payment.

We returned before duck season in Oct- around Halloween time, we got the ticket with the amount due via mail, from Albany-if memory serves- $1.00 flat= That's right, sportsfans, one whole greenback. We promptly sent in a check in that amount, with the required .50 stamp affixed. I'm not complaining about the $1.50- but what does it cost NY State to install, photograph and then mail out the tickets, against the expense of such high-tech equipment? Just wonderin', is all! RWTF
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/12/19 02:27 PM
Delaware has several towns which were notorious for being speed traps. On went from 55-45-35-25 in a 3/4 mile stretch and back up to 55 in likewise steps after a stoplight in between. And they strictly enforced the speed limit. If you were not going exactly the posted speed limit or less until you reached the next speed sign they wrote you up. So just because you could see a sign for a bit higher speed you could not speed up until you got even or past the sign. A lot of people got nailed on that.

One town was so bad they had 20 mph zones then 25, then 30. One mph was enough to get you a ticket. And the money was divided up between the court and the town(police) so no conflict there. For all I know they are all still speed traps.

AAA use to warn members which towns were traps, when you used their trip map services. They had flip up maps which were bound at the top. Each speed trap
would be colored in purple. When family was coming in from out of state, I always sent them a trip map, with the highlighted speed traps. Better that than hear them [censored] about a ticket for the entire visit.
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/12/19 10:38 PM
Old joke about those infamous speed traps- Travelling salesman gets assigned to rural Nebraska- trying to find Cozad, he gets off 80 and finds himself driving some back 2 lane roads- drives 50, as he has yet to see a speed limit sign anywhere- Cop pulls him over, with his car wearing out-of-state plates, writes him a ticket for going 10 mph over the limit-- "But Officer, the salesman exclaims, I didn't see any speed limit signs in the past 25 miles- what gives?"" "Oh well, shoot- the County wantes to save money, so we did away with them- everybody 'round this neck of the woods knows its 45-- so we don't need signs!" Right--
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/12/19 11:23 PM
Originally Posted By: ClapperZapper
Got a letter in the mail today from the State of Iowa presenting me with a speeding ticket from some camera speed trap somewhere near Des Moines.

Cost me 65$.

I don't even know if I was driving when the picture was taken.

They'll probably send me another shakedown threatening to tell my insurance company if I don't take their online "Driver responsibility" class for a couple hundred more.

Brown's probably behind this.

That's only my current alias. smile Seriously, they got me that way once. As Brent pointed out, coming into Cedar Rapids there used to be a notorious speed camera where the limit dropped. Got a lot of people. It was my understanding they were supposed to pull that one.

A couple years ago, I was involved in an accident down there. Properly reported to the police, who came and took statements, etc. Showed the officer my license, insurance, etc . . . went on my merry way. A couple months later, I got a nasty letter from the Iowa DOT that they were going to suspend my license because they hadn't received proof of insurance. This all happened in a rural county, and I got copies of the accident report from the county sheriff. I called the DOT and told them the accident report verified my current insurance status. The rude young lady cut me off and said "We never look at those." At which point I said "Then why does it say, at the top of the report, "Copy to DOT"? I did think it was funny that they were going to suspend my Wisconsin driver's license . . . but, as it turned out, something fell through the cracks with my insurance company. They got it all straightened out, and I got a nice email from the Iowa DOT confirming that I was no longer a fugitive from justice.
Posted By: 2-piper Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/13/19 01:30 AM
"It's Ludowici"
Been there Stan, but it was back in the 1950s & 60s. was driving either a Deuce & a Half or a 3/4 ton when there & we were never bothered.

The small town of Jasper, TN, located on US 41 used to be a notorious speed trap. Some folks from Lynchburg had been to Chattanooga for a convention & were coming home around 2:00 AM & were ticketed for breaking a "School Zone" 15MPH limit. The opening of I-24 pretty much put them out of business.
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/13/19 03:26 PM
I remember our GA governor at the time, Lester Maddox put up a billboard adjacent to the city limit sign in Ludowici warning motorists of the speedtrap...Geo
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/13/19 04:00 PM
A few of used to tear up the backroads from New Bern to Wilmington on the weekends.

https://youtu.be/_od3vnSJPOk

Only got caught once. (that was enough)

Posted By: Argo44 Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/13/19 05:02 PM
Two of the most notorious Speed Traps on 301, headed south from I-10 towards Gainesville (cut over t0 Gainesville at Waldo). The Waldo police essentially funded themselves by terrorizing drivers. Lawtey had this sign up for 20 years. I believe Waldo police department was disbanded and the county sheriff is now responsible for law and order...which has improved since the 10 man police department with 8 cruisers was ousted. Lawtey recently negotiated with AAA to have the sign removed. The idea of "ticket-quotas" is repulsive but is very wide-spread. Even in a Progressive utopia such as Fairfax County, the County Board starts worrying if ticket revenues fall.

Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/13/19 05:15 PM
I’m surprised that none of the readers here picked up on this point.

It’s an automatically generated ticket, produced by a machine, attached to a vehicle, sent to the vehicles owner, with the presumption of guilt, all done by a third-party,
All done by a third-party that gets a cut of the proceeds.
People should be out raged.
I’m guessing that they keep the price tag of the ticket slow, so that people aren’t out raged, and Out-of-staters’ like myself just plead guilty and pay them.
It wouldn’t surprise me if the AI that’s running the camera looks for out-of-state plates intentionally.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/13/19 05:21 PM

It’s an automatically generated ticket, produced by a machine, attached to a vehicle, sent to the vehicles owner, with the presumption of guilt, all done by a third-party,
People should be out raged.
I’m guessing that they keep the price tag of the ticket slow, so that people aren’t out raged, and Out-of-staters’ like myself just plead guilty and pay them.
It wouldn’t surprise me if the AI that’s running the camera looks for out-of-state plates intentionally.

Better get used to it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-billion-surveillance-cameras-forecast-to-be-watching-within-two-years

Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/13/19 05:40 PM
CZ,
Indeed people here HAVE been outraged, taken it to court, and lost. Particularly egregious is the City of Cedar Rapids which put a set of cameras very close behind an arbitrary speed reduction. 65 to 55 and 100 yds later (maybe less), a set of cameras. The LAW requires at least a certain minimum distance which this set up did not provide. Yet they won out in court. Too precious.

There is a good reason to leave the mud thick on your license plates. These cameras only work from behind and overhead. That may not apply to all such speed traps.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/13/19 05:55 PM
CZ,
Indeed people here HAVE been outraged, taken it to court, and lost. Particularly egregious is the City of Cedar Rapids which put a set of cameras very close behind an arbitrary speed reduction. 65 to 55 and 100 yds later (maybe less), a set of cameras. The LAW requires at least a certain minimum distance which this set up did not provide. Yet they won out in court. Too precious.

Put on a yellow vest and do something about it then.

There is a good reason to leave the mud thick on your license plates. These cameras only work from behind and overhead. That may not apply to all such speed traps.

They’ll pull you over for an obstructed plate and search your car.

Posted By: keith Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/13/19 05:58 PM

People should be out raged. ...

Well CZ, that didn't really seem to be the point you were making here. We thought you were just pissed about getting a speeding ticket.

But since this is now about a violation of Constitutional Rights, due process, a presumption of guilt, etc., what do you think about Liberal Left Democrat Joe Biden and his latest proposal to enact an outright ban on 9 m/m pistols, 10 round magazines, and military style firearms?

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20191125/joe-biden-wants-to-ban-9mm-pistols

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/biden-ban-9mm-pistols-just-like-we-ban-bazookas-and-machine-guns/

These bans that Joe Biden and all the other Democrat Presidential candidates want will have the most impact upon law abiding U.S. citizens who have a 2nd Amendment Right to own them. The vast majority of these guns, or their owners, will never be involved in a crime.

People should be outraged that these Democrats want to take away our Constitutional rights and freedom. Yet many guys right here on this firearms enthusiasts forum will march to the polls next November and vote for these anti-Constitutional bastards.

And if one of these freedom destroying Democrat bastards wins, the people who voted for them will not cry about them violating their sworn Oath to Preserve, Protect, and Defend the Constitution. But the same people think our pro-2nd Amendment President Donald Trump should be impeached for calling for investigations into corruption in the Ukraine.

How do you feel about that???
Posted By: nca225 Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/13/19 07:09 PM
Originally Posted By: keith
But the same people think our pro-2nd Amendment President Donald Trump should be impeached for calling for investigations into corruption in the Ukraine.

I did not know that his charity operated in the Ukraine. Or perhaps there was a satellite campus for Trump University there?
Posted By: keith Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/13/19 07:11 PM
No one asked you nca225. We already know that you are too ignorant to know the difference between treason and the freedom of speech to ask for an investigation into the corruption of the Bidens.

And we also know that you always support and vote for anti-gun Democrats... which demonstrates that you don't give a shit about the Constitution, due process, or the rights of law abiding citizens.
Posted By: RHD45 Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/13/19 07:26 PM
I've been stopped 4 times in the last 3 years for driving under the speed limit on an 8 mile stretch of road where I have hit 4 deer in the last 30 years. This is always between 10 and 11 pm on a road where you might see half a dozen cars at that hour. I am always asked "What's wrong?" and have never gotten a ticket but it is getting tiresome.The last stop occurred a few weeks ago after I had gotten into my driveway.This is in Iowa.
Posted By: craigd Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/13/19 07:29 PM
Originally Posted By: nca225
....I did not know that his charity operated in the Ukraine. Or perhaps there was a satellite campus for Trump University there?

Boy do you dream big, send snowflakes to the Ukraine for free college. Good thing LEGO’s don’t need instructions, can’t get the kids to pass basic reading, how’d that work if you threw in a few Ukrainian words? Do their comfort ponies understand ingrish?

Everyone knows, Canada is the best place to conceal shady donations in a ‘charity’.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/13/19 07:41 PM
It is not necessary for you to ask me anything. Just trying to take on the herculean goal of educating the willfully ignorant. I mean for people to believe that a guy, who admitted to fraud by using donated funds from his own charitable institution for his election and business debts, to instead be a corruption crusader, I'm pretty sure there is no level of obvious absurdity that they would believe.

https://fortune.com/2019/11/07/trump-foundation-charity-money-politics-lawsuit/

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/07/nyregion/trump-charities-new-york.html

I know its too late for you princess, but 'tis the season to be charitable nonetheless!
Posted By: nca225 Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/13/19 07:47 PM
Originally Posted By: craigd
....I did not know that his charity operated in the Ukraine. Or perhaps there was a satellite campus for Trump University there?

Boy do you dream big, send snowflakes to the Ukraine for free college. Good thing LEGO’s don’t need instructions, can’t get the kids to pass basic reading, how’d that work if you threw in a few Ukrainian words? Do their comfort ponies understand ingrish?

Everyone knows, Canada is the best place to conceal shady donations in a ‘charity’.

It seems from what you spit out here thrifty, you or one of yours wasn't satisfied from the high value education they got from Trump University...I think... But as per usual, much gets lost in translation when you try to swing a zinger for the fences thifty! But I think we all know the only snowflake here is your feminine sensibilities. Now go be a good puppy for princess and toss out a few more pros for us to digest.
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/13/19 08:02 PM
Move to Texas--we have banned red light cameras.
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/13/19 08:04 PM
Hey come on fellas,
I would think that no one would disagree that sending out automatic tickets to license plates by machine starts to stretch credulity.
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/13/19 08:04 PM
On second thought.....stay where you are. We have enough yankees here already and one can only teach a few to say "y'all" correctly.
Posted By: keith Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/13/19 08:05 PM
It is not necessary for you to ask me anything. Just trying to take on the herculean goal of educating the willfully ignorant. I mean for people to believe that a guy, who admitted to fraud by using donated funds from his own charitable institution for his election and business debts, to instead be a corruption crusader, I'm pretty sure there is no level of obvious absurdity that they would believe.

Oh wow, who could have seen that one coming... a Liberal left New York Judge who refuses to see that the lawsuit against Trump was politically motivated...??? I'll bet that you also didn't see any possible influence buying or political motivations when the Clinton Foundation donations from Russia spiked after the Uranium One deal, or when it looked like Hillary would win in 2016.

It seems the real political charity was the Ukranian Energy company Barisma giving Hunter Biden a seat on their Board of Directors for $86,000 a month when he had zero experience in the business, and couldn't even speak their language. Then there's the millions of dollars that the Biden's raked in from our good friends and allies in Communist China.

Talk about willfully ignorant and snowflakes...

And I see that, as usual, you and other Liberal Democrats don't wish to go anywhere near the direct undeniable violations of our 2nd Amendment Constitutional Rights and freedoms. Those Civil Rights are under constant attacks and infringements from the Liberal Left Democrats you support. But there is more concern here about losing $65.00 on a speeding ticket than losing our Gun Rights forever.

As the Wizard of Oz said to Dorothy, the Tin Man, the Lion, and nca225 the Brainless Scarecrow... "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain..."
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/13/19 08:39 PM
They cannot pull you over for a muddy license plate and then automatically search your vehicle. They may ask you if you will agree to a vehicle search, to which I will reply, "No, thank you sir". If they have probable cause for a search they don't have to ask you. If they do ask you it's a sure sign they don't have probable cause.

Hooray for Texas. Well done.

SRH
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/13/19 08:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Joe Wood
Move to Texas.

Fack that! According to Greta Thunberg...
https://youtu.be/1kD1zubg3cA
...in twelve years Obummer’s ocean side mansion will be under water and Texas will be nothing but sand and tumbleweeds.

Detroit will be the New Miami.
Not sure what Minnesota will become but whatever it is it will still suck.

Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/13/19 08:56 PM
Ah for the return of beach coast property on the BearPaw Sea. It will be grand. This place will still be inhabited by our two trolls however, who enjoy nothing more that that - trolling - the protected Censored Ones.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/13/19 09:06 PM

Oh wow, who could have seen that one coming... a Liberal left New York Judge who refuses to see that the lawsuit against Trump was politically motivated...??? I'll bet that you also didn't see any possible influence buying or political motivations when the Clinton Foundation donations from Russia spiked after the Uranium One deal, or when it looked like Hillary would win in 2016.

It seems the real political charity was the Ukranian Energy company Barisma giving Hunter Biden a seat on their Board of Directors for $86,000 a month when he had zero experience in the business, and couldn't even speak their language. Then there's the millions of dollars that the Biden's raked in from our good friends and allies in Communist China.

Talk about willfully ignorant and snowflakes...

And I see that, as usual, you and other Liberal Democrats don't wish to go anywhere near the direct undeniable violations of our 2nd Amendment Constitutional Rights and freedoms. Those Civil Rights are under constant attacks and infringements from the Liberal Left Democrats you support. But there is more concern here about losing $65.00 on a speeding ticket than losing our Gun Rights forever.

As the Wizard of Oz said to Dorothy, the Tin Man, the Lion, and nca225 the Brainless Scarecrow... "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain..."

How do you know anything about Justice Scarulla?

https://www.pli.edu/faculty/Hon.-Saliann-Scarpulla-23712

https://ww2.nycourts.gov/courts/comdiv/ny/newyork_bio_scarpulla.shtml

Seems to me that she's keeps her politics out of the Courtroom, or at least that she has enough experience as a judge to figure out when a suspect is just crying that the system is out to get them. Not to hard to see that, if your not blinded by gig doe eyes for all things trump.

Besides, IF the law suit was politically motivated...WHY did trump admit to wrongdoing and fraud?

Hey, FWIW its nice to see your still trying to argue by the "ol soviet playbook...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism
Posted By: keith Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/13/19 09:31 PM
Well Brainless Scarecrow nca225, your links do nothing to prove that the lawsuit against Trump was not politically motivated, or that the Judge is not a New York Democrat Liberal Left appointee who has anti-Trump bias. Trump's so-called admission of wrongdoing was merely a settlement. Trump himself never set foot in her courtroom. It does not appear that Trump himself, or Trump's children who were officers of his foundation, had any direct involvement in misdirected expenditures. That was apparently done by his campaign.... according to your links.

Trump trying to have the lawsuit thrown out on the grounds that it was politically motivated by anti-Trump New York Liberals also does not sound like an admission of guilt, and neither do Trump's comments afterwards... which are in your links. Try reading them and showing us where he admitted that he himself did something wrong. Here is what he said:

Mr. Trump attacked what he described as “the political hacks in New York State” in a defiant statement posted on Twitter on Thursday night, claiming that the foundation had given “100 percent of the funds to great charities” and that he had suffered “4 years of politically motivated harassment” by the attorney general’s office.

“All they found was incredibly effective philanthropy and some small technical violations,” he wrote.

Nice try. That's some admission of guilt! And your repeated cowardly running and fleeing from the subject of anti-gun Democrats infringing upon our Constitutional Rights shows that it is you who is using "the ol' Soviet Playbook", and falling back on "Whataboutism" in order to change the subject. My pointing out the suspicious activities of the crooked Bidens and the Clinton Foundation was merely a response to that.

What are you afraid of... besides the truth about Democrats? You and all the other Libtards here support and vote for anti-gun Democrats, who do far more damage to our freedom and Constitutional Rights than handing out some speeding tickets. And at least Gun Rights topics and concerns have a legitimate place on a firearms forum... except to ignorant trolls like BrentD.

P.S.-- Love your new tagline... It is perfect for a know-nothing like you!
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/14/19 01:07 AM
Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
Originally Posted By: Joe Wood
Move to Texas.

Fack that! According to Greta Thunberg...
https://youtu.be/1kD1zubg3cA
...in twelve years Obummer’s ocean side mansion will be under water and Texas will be nothing but sand and tumbleweeds.

Detroit will be the New Miami.
Not sure what Minnesota will become but whatever it is it will still suck.

Detroit will be the same dumpster fire it has always been.

Minnesota sucks alright, I hunt wild pheasants, grouse and woodcock all in the same spot, just up the road. Stay away.

Best,
Ted

Posted By: Borderbill Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/14/19 02:49 AM
When there were speed cameras in Tucson I'd get nailed once and awhile, but as the truck was registered in the ranch name tied to the P.O. Box I'd ignore them. If they ever sent a collector out I never knew it. We were 20 miles from town at the end of 12 miles of unimproved road with a few gates for the cattle.
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/14/19 02:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Borderbill
When there were speed cameras in Tucson I'd get nailed once and awhile, but as the truck was registered in the ranch name tied to the P.O. Box I'd ignore them. If they ever sent a collector out I never knew it. We were 20 miles from town at the end of 12 miles of unimproved road with a few gates for the cattle.

When you get a bill, whether it is commercial or governmental I suggest you either pay it or contest it. Those traffic tickets will tie up the transfer of your vehicle when you either try to sell it or trade it in. The commercial bills will destroy your credit...Geo
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/14/19 02:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern

When you get a bill, whether it is commercial or governmental I suggest you either pay it or contest it. Those traffic tickets will tie up the transfer of your vehicle when you either try to sell it or trade it in. The commercial bills will destroy your credit...Geo

And may prevent getting your license renewed.

I had an outstanding ticket from a small town I have never been to in Minnesota. The state of Iowa would not renew my drivers license over it. The ticket was over a decade old. It was ridiculous. I did not pay, but it took some work to square away.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/14/19 02:51 PM
Damn computers! They never forget.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/14/19 02:53 PM
Originally Posted By: canvasback
Damn computers! They never forget.

But strangely, they remember something that could never have happened.
Posted By: craigd Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/14/19 04:29 PM
Guilt by registration, what a novel idea. I wonder if the low penalty is sort of like a small increment. Little compromises feel okay, slowly become the new normal, then before you know it? Well, whatever it is, someone thinks it's for our own good.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/14/19 09:39 PM
Well Brainless Scarecrow nca225, your links do nothing to prove that the lawsuit against Trump was not politically motivated, or that the Judge is not a New York Democrat Liberal Left appointee who has anti-Trump bias. Trump's so-called admission of wrongdoing was merely a settlement. Trump himself never set foot in her courtroom. It does not appear that Trump himself, or Trump's children who were officers of his foundation, had any direct involvement in misdirected expenditures. That was apparently done by his campaign.... according to your links.

Trump trying to have the lawsuit thrown out on the grounds that it was politically motivated by anti-Trump New York Liberals also does not sound like an admission of guilt, and neither do Trump's comments afterwards... which are in your links. Try reading them and showing us where he admitted that he himself did something wrong. Here is what he said:

Mr. Trump attacked what he described as “the political hacks in New York State” in a defiant statement posted on Twitter on Thursday night, claiming that the foundation had given “100 percent of the funds to great charities” and that he had suffered “4 years of politically motivated harassment” by the attorney general’s office.

“All they found was incredibly effective philanthropy and some small technical violations,” he wrote.

Nice try. That's some admission of guilt! And your repeated cowardly running and fleeing from the subject of anti-gun Democrats infringing upon our Constitutional Rights shows that it is you who is using "the ol' Soviet Playbook", and falling back on "Whataboutism" in order to change the subject. My pointing out the suspicious activities of the crooked Bidens and the Clinton Foundation was merely a response to that.

What are you afraid of... besides the truth about Democrats? You and all the other Libtards here support and vote for anti-gun Democrats, who do far more damage to our freedom and Constitutional Rights than handing out some speeding tickets. And at least Gun Rights topics and concerns have a legitimate place on a firearms forum... except to ignorant trolls like BrentD.

P.S.-- Love your new tagline... It is perfect for a know-nothing like you!

Well princess, you might be surprised to learn that I think your basic premise is correct, but for a different reason. Of course this suit was the result of politics. I am 100% confident if Trump did not have the public spotlight on him as president, probably very few of his misdeeds would come to light. He can’t help but be the criminal that he is, but he is just too narcissistic to stop because he thinks there is no restrictions on him. Granted, his perception of that is aided by his sycophants in congress protecting him.

But lets get back to where you are, as per usual, just plainly wrong. Just because the NY AG is a democrat, that makes it somehow politically motivated? Well OK then, I’m pretty sure you can support that position by showing some legal authority that there is a bar to prosecution if the prosecutor isn’t registered in the same political party as the defendant. I’d like to see that! Also dimwit, please show us where Justice Scarulla was appointed to her position as a Judge? She won an election for her seat in 2012, but I guess in your very small mind that’s being appointed.

Oh, and explain this, If Trump did not order or authorize the disbursement of those funds, then who did? Was our president so careless and incompetent with his fiduciary duties to his charity’s funds that he had no idea who was stealing and disbursing them for his benefit? Well I guess if that’s the case then you would agree that his incompetence has carried through.

And if Trump or the kiddies didn’t do anything wrong, then why do they have to go through mandatory training with respect to fiduciary duties to a charitable foundation?

One more thing, and I’ll just chalk this up to your vast vacuum of knowledge, but Trump’s little tweet there doesn’t mean jack sh!t when compared to a statement made in a court filing. One of those is made under penalty of perjury, and the other isn’t. Are you smart enough to know which one?

Now go back to your soviet playbook and defend this with some little snipe about Clinton.

PS I like my new tag line too. And thanks for making my point! Although I must admit, I thought it would have taken longer for you to show you don't know sh!t. I'll try not to overestimate your dress size IQ again princess.
Posted By: craigd Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/14/19 10:30 PM
....I like my new tag line too....

Of course you do, the echo between your ears makes you feel good.

Something makes me know that you would feels exactly the same about any other Republican President. The thing that brings out the tigress in you is that he's effective, like no other in US history.

My favorite part of your proper and legal hearings was that some dem partisan lawyer was called by team whiny as a 'witness', and then he got to question the nad approved defense rep. It's great to read that you're such a stickler for the rule of law and fiduciary duties.
Posted By: AZMike Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/15/19 12:35 PM

Way to go Borderbill! Never succumb to the intimidation from the burro-crats!!
A little county time never hurt anyone.....
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/15/19 03:42 PM
With every tap of your finger you confirm what a mOron you really are.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/15/19 04:44 PM
Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
With every tap of your finger you confirm what a mOron you really are.

Best “takes one to know one” moment ever seen, right there.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/15/19 04:59 PM
Tedward if eYe didn't know better I'd think you were stalking me
Posted By: keith Re: Damnable Iowegians! (OT) - 12/15/19 07:21 PM
I almost screwed up! I almost took the time to reply to the Brainless Transgender Scarecrow nca225... and his/her Ghost-writer.

I actually started pounding out a response, but then I suddenly remembered that the Brainless Transgender Scarecrow nca225 has recently been falling back on the tactic of avoiding answering tough questions by changing the subject. And more recently, we have seen his/her accusation of "Whataboutism" and "using the Soviet Playbook".

So here we once again see Brainless Transgender Scarecrow nca225 (and his/her Ghost-writer) avoiding and running away from my original question concerning Trump, and his adherence to the Constitution and his sworn Oath of Office.

Nothing in the Liberal Democrat Impeachment Clown show, starring Jerald Nadler, Adam Schiff, and Nancy Pelosi, rises to the level of blatant disregard for the Constitutional Rights of tens of millions of law abiding U.S. Citizens as the relentless attacks and infringements of the 2nd Amendment by Democrats.

Brainless dupes and DNC parrots like nca225 can somehow see Treason in Trump's conversations with Putin, yet see no such Treason in Obama's open microphone promised to be "more flexible with Putin after the election."

Trump withheld some military aid for a short time while vetting the new Ukranian administration, and Schiff and Nadler and idiots like nca225 see that as endangering our national security... an impeachable offense in their minds. Yet these partisan idiots didn't see any problem with Obama's comment to Russian President Medvedev, or the subsequent 2014 Russian invasion of Ukraine and annexation of Crimea.

And they don't see any Treason, or helping our enemies, or undermining our national security, in the fact that Joe Biden and the Liberal Left Democrats all work to disarm the Militia of the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment. They work to outlaw guns and ammunition used by law abiding U.S. Citizens. They enact laws that ban and outlaw some of our most efficient firearms.

I recently asked these same questions of the Liberal Left Democrat rocky mtn bill in my post #558873 in this thread:

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=558694&page=2

Just like nca225, and many other Liberal Democrats, rocky mtn bill did not respond. These guys and girls and transgenders undermine us and stab us in the backs every time they go into a voting booth and vote for a Liberal left Democrat anti-gunner. The Democrats they vote for all take a sworn oath to Preserve, Protect, and Defend the Constitution, and then they work to infringe upon the 2nd Amendment. Many Democrat Judges perjure themselves when they testify UNDER OATH before Congress at Senate Confirmation Hearings, that they respect our 2nd Amendment Rights.

Yet these Libtards and FUDD's who support them and vote for them don't see anything wrong with all that. Perjury is perfectly fine when it is done by anti-gun Democrats! And when questioned repeatedly on their hypocrisy, our Libtards (and their Ghost-writers) either run away or try to change the subject. My vow for the New Year is to keep asking the questions, whether BrentD likes it or not, and to avoid letting them change the subject.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com