doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: sxsman1 Parker trigger pulls - 10/17/19 01:21 PM
What was the usual trigger pulls on Parker guns?
On other makers guns?
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Parker trigger pulls - 10/17/19 03:06 PM
turkish guns: 94 pounds on the right
119 pounds on the left
Or maybe it is just mine...Geo
Posted By: Paul Harm Re: Parker trigger pulls - 10/17/19 09:08 PM
Mine are a hair under 5#s. That's for the 3 I own at this time. My Remingtons are all good except one 1894 that had triggers that pegged my Lyman trigger gauge. They made two different length sears and I believe someone put the wrong ones in it. I bought the correct ones from Brad and problem fixed. I feel comfortable with triggers at or under 5#s for a shotgun. The Lefevers and Smiths I owned all felt good.
Posted By: Toby Barclay Re: Parker trigger pulls - 10/17/19 09:38 PM
Traditional pulls on a British double shotgun would be 3 to 4lb on the right or front trigger; 4 to 4 1/2lb on left or rear.
However some locks with very narrow interacting surfaces can feel very light at these weights and need to be regulated heavier for suitable 'feel'. This is particularly common in early hammerguns.
Posted By: sxsman1 Re: Parker trigger pulls - 10/18/19 02:43 PM
Thank you, Paul and Tony.
I have a Parker that broke the nose of a sear, I replaced it and had to set the trigger to a lighter pull.
I
wanted it to be near to what the original was.
Pete
Posted By: crs Re: Parker trigger pulls - 10/30/19 01:27 AM
My circa 1900 Parker 20 and both my Parker reproductions have 4 pounds on all triggers.
I have also set all my center fire rifles to the same 4 pounds for consistency - no surprises.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com