doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: PL Who's Logo - 09/16/19 05:48 PM
Does anyone know the maker or retailer that uses this logo?

PL
[img:left][/img]
Posted By: ed good Re: Who's Logo - 09/17/19 03:08 AM
looks frenchie...bet argo knows...
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Who's Logo - 09/17/19 10:48 AM
Last I saw him he was headed to O'Reilly auto parts.
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Who's Logo - 09/17/19 01:00 PM
"I'm Not a Frenchie, I'm a Belgie"-- actor James Cocoa's reply to actor Peter Faulk's line 'up yours, Frenchie' in the great spoof movie Murder By Death-- David Niven, Maggie Smith, Peter Sellers and Truman Capote as host 'Lionel Train' what a play on words masterpiece movie.
Posted By: Argo44 Re: Who's Logo - 09/17/19 01:08 PM
The logo looks to be "CI" with the "C" resembling a hunting horn transfixed by a gnarly mountainside tree and the "I" dotted by a flying duck. (It possibly could be "CF," "OI" or "OF.") It does not look French to me. Looks more Central European. Also, it's pretty sophisticated work and looks modern. There is writing below the symbol - can't make out the script. Might it be Cyrillic?

Hunting horns do appear on some French guns - here is the butt plate of my 1906 Gerest Berthon with a horn motif - but nothing as complex as that.
Posted By: Daryl Hallquist Re: Who's Logo - 09/17/19 05:25 PM
Looks like stag horns transfixing the hunting horn.
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: Who's Logo - 09/17/19 11:39 PM
Little photo doctoring, looks like the end of the writing is Chasse...

Posted By: crossedchisles Re: Who's Logo - 09/18/19 12:29 AM
The Belg. engr should be able to"ID" that piece......looks Belg dt.
Posted By: Argo44 Re: Who's Logo - 09/18/19 12:45 AM
Raimey, I think, is traveling in Europe. It does look like "Chasse." And I suspect it is Belgian.

And David, good to see you posting here. Gene Williams.
Posted By: Argo44 Re: Who's Logo - 09/18/19 01:14 AM
Here you go: - Club Interchasse. It looks like a French hunting gear apparel company located in Meung sur Loire: Looks like it's a new company - facebook page created in Jan 2019.
https://www.facebook.com/clubinterchasse/

Nice Models:

Verney Carron double? Manufrance? No swamped rib - somehow doubt it's Saint Etienne. Looks to be side lock. Anybody?

Posted By: L. Brown Re: Who's Logo - 09/18/19 11:08 AM
That blonde should help them sell a lot of stuff.
Posted By: PL Re: Who's Logo - 09/18/19 03:19 PM
Thank you Argo

PL
Posted By: eightbore Re: Who's Logo - 09/19/19 03:48 PM
Since Franconia Jagd cleaned up their catalogs, there is a bit of a lack of hot young ladies in ads. Maybe this company will take over the void. Abercrombie and Fitch was once good at the portrayal of ladies, but that is over with now, too. Some day, I will repost my experience in Abercrombie's gun room during a models' photo shoot in 1960.
Posted By: Argo44 Re: Who's Logo - 09/20/19 01:12 AM
The French and style - you have to look good. Italians are even more into it - it is said the Italians took the English Tweed look and made it stylish.

Anyway, November 1939 Verney Carron Catalog cover...posted here once before 3 years ago. WWII had started but it was the "phony war"...but she looks ready.

© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com