doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: 67galaxie Where to buy 2 3/4 bismuth in Canada? - 08/10/19 02:42 PM
We will be hunting around Saskatoon, SK. Two of us are bringing a fox to the hunt and would love to pre buy the bismuth shells there rather than weighing them in. Any help is appreciated guys! Thanks in advance
Prophet River Firearms in Lloydminster AB should be able to help. They should be able to ship the ammo to your outfitter.
Have fun with your Fox shotgun.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Where to buy 2 3/4 bismuth in Canada? - 08/10/19 03:11 PM
Prophet River in Lloydminster, SK is the Canadian distributor of RST. Contact them. An exceptionally good retailer.

Lloydminster is also in Alberta. Don’t get confused. It’s the same place. Prophet River is exactly on the border.
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: Where to buy 2 3/4 bismuth in Canada? - 08/10/19 03:15 PM
We are freelancing it with no outfitter
Ship to you in care of a local hardware store wherever you're headed maybe. No customs or border problems if you order it from a store in Saskatchewan...Geo
Posted By: DLA Re: Where to buy 2 3/4 bismuth in Canada? - 08/10/19 05:00 PM
Order and prepay at Cabelas in Saskatoon. Pick up at customer service when you arrive. Simple.

Dennis
Do you have a Canadian PAL to purchase ammunition in Canada? I don't think they will sell it to you without a Canadian Possession and Acquisition License.
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: Where to buy 2 3/4 bismuth in Canada? - 08/10/19 06:29 PM
Originally Posted By: DLA
Order and prepay at Cabelas in Saskatoon. Pick up at customer service when you arrive. Simple.

Dennis
They do not carry bismuth in the Canadian stores. I called and asked. You also can not buy it in the U.S. and have it shipped to a Canadian store after the bass pro buyout. That is per Cabelas. Hoping there is somewhere that carries Kent's or the like. I may have to call them directly as well
Posted By: canvasback Re: Where to buy 2 3/4 bismuth in Canada? - 08/10/19 08:21 PM
Are you flying in or driving up?

Lack of PAL may be a real problem. If I were you I would call Clay at Prophet River and see if he could ship it to you care of your motel.

Bring George along. He’s got a PAL. Hahaha.
Actually, he already thought of that! 67 is a smart guy and has excellent taste in hunting companions...Geo
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: Where to buy 2 3/4 bismuth in Canada? - 08/10/19 10:13 PM
Only the best!
Posted By: DLA Re: Where to buy 2 3/4 bismuth in Canada? - 08/11/19 01:23 AM
Kent has a dealer listed in Saskatoon. Kent web site has address and phone number.

Dennis
Posted By: Tamid Re: Where to buy 2 3/4 bismuth in Canada? - 08/11/19 02:36 AM
If its not in Canada and you have to go through a dealer to import it you may be out of luck for this season due to timing. You'd best get on top of it today if you need to get it out of the US.
The Kent dealer in Saskatoon is Canadian Tire. Their website does not list Bismuth as being available. Seems easiest solution is to buy it in USA and pack it for your flight. Canada allows 200 cartridges without duty costs. A Bismuth case is 200 shells, I think and weighs 14 lbs., if I remember right. Some airlines limit ammo weight to 11 pounds...Geo

Put it in your cooler.
Posted By: Tamid Re: Where to buy 2 3/4 bismuth in Canada? - 08/12/19 02:44 AM
To the best of my knowledge Canadian Tire does not carry bismuth shells. In fact at most stores you will find it to be quite elementary stocked.
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: Where to buy 2 3/4 bismuth in Canada? - 08/12/19 10:17 PM
Guess I am hauling them
Posted By: Tamid Re: Where to buy 2 3/4 bismuth in Canada? - 08/13/19 05:59 AM
This place, https://www.reliablegun.com/en/ sells RST 2.5 but I have no idea if they have any non-toxic shells. But as mentioned above I don't know they would sell them to you without a Canadian PAL.
Originally Posted By: canvasback

Lack of PAL may be a real problem. If I were you I would call Clay at Prophet River and see if he could ship it to you care of your motel.

Why not have then shipped prepaid to a Saskatoon dealer? Or if maybe we have a member who would take the shipment?
Posted By: canvasback Re: Where to buy 2 3/4 bismuth in Canada? - 08/13/19 09:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Calgary Bill
Originally Posted By: canvasback

Why not have then shipped prepaid to a Saskatoon dealer? Or if maybe we have a member who would take the shipment?

I'd offer to do it but I think Toronto is probably a little far! LOL
And Calgary is a long haul.
Posted By: Skeeter317 Re: Where to buy 2 3/4 bismuth in Canada? - 09/05/19 01:55 AM
Go read the Canadian Firearms Program website. The tab for non-resident visitors will explain how to buy ammunition in Canada under your non-resident firearms declaration that you need to complète on entry. It’s straightforward.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com