doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: bls The Stock Doctor- Stock Maker/Bender anyone use? - 08/07/19 03:51 PM
I have a Superposed Superlight Centennial I need to add some Cast to the stock. It has a bout 1/8" now, I need it around 3/8". Straight English Grip, long tang, 26" bbl 20ga.

Does anyone have experience using THE STOCK DOCTOR (aka Dennis Earl Smith) out West in OREGON. He is listed as a member of the ACGG and his online gallery looks very impressive.

Open posts, or PMs encouraged. Thank you all.
He's the the best that I've ever used.
terc
Excellent craftsman. I am not sure if he is currently accepting new work. Worth inquiring for sure.
Dennis E. is as good a wood craftsman as there is. Don't try to have a short conversation with him; he's fun to talk to and knows a ton about wood. Gil
I have a friend who is close to Dennis and I have seen a few of his restocks up close. Very high quality.
I have known Dennis for years and have used him and highly recommend him.
..and a very nice fellow.
I've used him for two double rifles and his workmanship is amazing! Best workman with wood I have ever seen! And a nice guy to boot!
Multiple Glowing Recommendations- quick delete the thread so he doesn't get overwhelmed with work now. hhah.
Thank you for your help everyone.
Yes, he does talk too much.
He is highly recommended; they don't call him the Stock Doctor for nothing.
He's done work on my Boss and two Purdey's. He is a true gentleman and believes in 100% customer satisfaction.
If you are near Northern Virginia, near Winchester, Virginia you can come by and visit and bend your butt stock yourself..... the tool, the rack, is sitting in my garage and rarely gets used these days.... I am fairly sure that your shotgun has a through bolt in the butt stock.... This will make bending this butt stock more difficult..... I would doubt that you can achieve a 3/8 inch cast off...... You can get some but probably not that much..... Good Shooting To You, Jent ..... posted August 11th of 2019.
You can Jent. Just make sure to clamp the two stock cheeks before bending.
Does a great job.
Dennis successfully bent a stock for me that another highly experienced guy would not even attempt, and I learned a lot from him in the process.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com