doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Chantry Abe Chaber - 08/01/19 02:18 PM
Has anyone spoken or heard from Abe Chaber recently? I left a message a couple of months ago regarding a shotgun I had left with him for a repair and never got a response. I just tried calling today today and got an automated message saying the inbox was full.
Posted By: Owenjj3 Re: Abe Chaber - 08/01/19 05:18 PM
I understand that Abe's wife has had a few medical issues and for the past year his time at the bench has been limited. However, I also understand that her situation recently improved and he is now working on his backlog. Perhaps others who know him better can chime in.
Posted By: Chantry Re: Abe Chaber - 08/01/19 05:42 PM
Thanks, I appreciate the answer
Posted By: Franc Otte Re: Abe Chaber - 08/02/19 03:08 AM
Abe has looked over a few guns for me that I sent him over the years,...I've never met him...but always wondered what he looked like...does anyone have a photo of him.....just curious
cheers
franc
Posted By: Beagle Re: Abe Chaber - 08/10/19 10:39 PM
There is a picture of Abe Chaber at his bench in the July/August 1993 issue of Sporting Classics magazine, part of a Michael McIntosh article. Pretty far from a current photo, but if you like I can mail you a xerox copy. Or take a cell phone picture and text it to you.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Abe Chaber - 08/11/19 02:35 PM
Abe worked on a couple guns for me as well. I also interviewed him for an article I was doing for Shooting Sportsman (about 17 years ago) on Miroku doubles. He worked on quite a few of the Miroku-made Charles Daly OU's, which he said were good guns but with a tendency to break leaf springs.
Posted By: dblgnfix Re: Abe Chaber - 08/12/19 12:13 PM
I live near Abe and have worked on many guns with him over the last 20 years if need be I can drop by and see him.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com