doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: KY Jon John Dickson & Son 14 gauge Side by Side Pair - 07/25/19 01:11 AM

£6,995

What great pair they must have been in their day. A matched pair of 14 bore doubles. Must have been a great deal of fun on some driven or walk up shoots. What fun it must have been to have money in that time period.
Oh heck they do not look too bad today.
I love the "1" and "2" on the heel tangs. What a great set.

Are they both CYL in both barrels?

SRH
Beautiful. Wow!
Stan, I suspect unless someone has done a bit of back boring or jug choking they are both cylinder. They look to be late 1850's and choke was years away. Bet they were the pride and joy of their owner. A true pair by the way.

They got a lot of use. The drop point on gun number one is almost worn away but the trigger guard on number two has more wear to the engraving. They have been used and enjoyed, not replaced by a breech loader and left in some closet after just a few years use. How I wish they could give a fair account of their travels. I bet they saw a lot of game in their time.

At $8,700, if I had hit the lottery last night, they would already be on their way to my house. But like always having zero numbers, on my one ticket, I not going to be calling tonight.
So sad Stanley was expecting to share one on the fAntasy island dove hunt.
I assumed they were, too. My originals have been cylinder. If those weren't I would also assume it was because they had been jug choked at a later date, as early as those were made.

SRH
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com