doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Dan S. W. Dove opener near Atlanta - 07/18/19 01:58 AM
Any recommendations for a pay to play facility near Atlanta? I have never shot doves and thought I would give it a try this year.

This place isn't too far away but the one dove related review said no doves for the opener for three years. Is it just not a great location?

http://southforkhuntingpreserve.com/dove-season
Posted By: steve f Re: Dove opener near Atlanta - 07/18/19 02:06 AM
Check the Georgia Outdoor News forum. There will be several people advertising. I went to one field about 20 miles south of the airport, down I-75 later in the season. They had some doves, not a lot but it was a decent shoot. Supposedly earlier in the year they had a lot of birds. Wasn't too expensive.
Posted By: Dan S. W. Re: Dove opener near Atlanta - 07/18/19 02:12 PM
Thanks, Steve. It seems they haven't posted their list of 2019-2020 venues yet. I will keep an eye on it.
Posted By: steve f Re: Dove opener near Atlanta - 07/18/19 02:49 PM
Not a real organized site, upland game forum has/will have some opportunities.

GON Subforum
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Dove opener near Atlanta - 07/18/19 03:28 PM
You might check out the Mennonite farms south of Macon. Usually great pay shoots...Geo
Posted By: Dan S. W. Re: Dove opener near Atlanta - 07/19/19 12:41 AM
I did some research and applied for a couple of the quota hunt days at the more desirable WMAs. If that doesn't work out, I will just book one of the pay venues and see what happens.
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Dove opener near Atlanta - 07/19/19 02:24 AM
Big Lazer WMA in Upson County has a nice dove field and a quota shoot...Geo
Posted By: AZMike Re: Dove opener near Atlanta - 07/19/19 11:07 PM
I don't know about GA but here in SEAZ we have lots of dove, white wings, morning, and quite a few collared dove (no closed season as invasive species). Our two ponds are focal points as it is still very hot and dry- that should change by September.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com