doublegunshop.com - home
There is one for sale in the classifieds here in PA and the ad is asking $7000. I remember there was one sold here several years ago and I thought it was worth a good bit more than that? Thanks
The price depends on a lot of variables. Condition, barrel length, stock measurements, frame size , condition , grade ,
and finally condition. 7k may be a good price, or not.
terc
thank you.
7k sounds low...do your homework...

nice original ones go for like twice that...
You'll pay way more for one in decent condition than you will for a Reproduction 28ga--and they've gotten pretty pricey, compared to Repro 12's or 20's. There just weren't all that many original 28's made. The same holds true for an original Ithaca 28ga sxs.
How is the PA gun described?
I don't get the high prices and demand for vintage 28ga guns. A reliable modern gun in 28 costs the same as a 12ga. For a collector it makes sense, but not a shooter in my mind at least...Geo
Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
I don't get the high prices and demand for vintage 28ga guns. A reliable modern gun in 28 costs the same as a 12ga. For a collector it makes sense, but not a shooter in my mind at least...Geo

The collectors drive the price up because there are so few of them, relative to 12's. So a shooter ends up paying collector money. But you'll also pay more for a Parker Reproduction 28 than you will for a 12, even though more 28's were made. In that case, it has to do with more buyer interest in the 28's than the 12's.
The words Parker 28 and shooter rarely go together. You get the double whammy of Parker name and 28 gauge both driving up the price. In guns names are like locations in real estate. Often driving up the price past reason just because they can.

A few phrases or names which just increase value automatically it seems. Pre 64 Winchester, Browning, Parker or pre war guns meaning pre WWII in the US and pre WWI in GB.
Here is the link to the ad. http://classifieds.rennug.com/classifieds/viewad.cgi?adindex=5027239
only way to evaluate this gun is to pay lloyd a visit...
Not accurately, Bill- IMO. If it has selective ejectors, it is a VHE, not a VH. People who attempt to sell "prestige" shotguns on publicly viewed media (Internet, Newspaper ads)-- might be better served doing their homework on open info Forums, such as the PGCA Forum- where one can enter the serial number of a given Parker, and get an accurate figure as to date (year) the gun was mfg.
A nice feature, and "The price is right"..
Are you volunteering, Eddie? Impress Lloyd with how you butcher the English language vis a vis an Abbott 'n Costello, Amos 'n Andy dialect- that will knock off a few C'notes from his asking price--"So'nuff!! Foxy
26” barrels and “0” frame
Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
Are you volunteering, Eddie? Impress Lloyd with how you butcher the English language vis a vis an Abbott 'n Costello, Amos 'n Andy dialect- that will knock off a few C'notes from his asking price--"So'nuff!! Foxy

+1 Fox!
I looked at the shotgun an hour ago and passed. There wasn't enough condition left for me to fork over 7 thousand. Lloyd said there is a fellow from Reading willing to pay that much without looking at it. I didn't bother to try and dicker.
terc
not me...still tryin to figure out why any gon is worth more dan five gran...
Originally Posted By: ed good
not me...still tryin to figure out why any gon is worth more dan five gran...

Prices are going up on the Reproduction 28's. But if you look around, you can probably find a nice one for a little less than that. But if you prefer 28" barrels, double triggers, and open chokes . . . you won't find any unless the factory chokes have been opened.
why the price going up on the Jap made "Old Reliables"?? Nice looking I guess, the late Brad B showed me 2 Repros he had in the shop- the case colors were wearing off after less than 6 months on the SC fields- and a shooting pal from the Fruitridge Club had his 12 Repro back to Brad countless times for single trigger issues-- RWTF
Better pictures of the $7000 Parker may give us a better idea of its value. The pad looks like it may be an original Silver pad, a feature that could be confirmed with a PGCA letter. Too many miles for me to travel to look at it. I'm 90 miles south of Harrisburg and many more to Huntingdon.
Pad is not original.
I looked at the ad and only saw one picture- are there more pics?
Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
why the price going up on the Jap made "Old Reliables"?? Nice looking I guess, the late Brad B showed me 2 Repros he had in the shop- the case colors were wearing off after less than 6 months on the SC fields- and a shooting pal from the Fruitridge Club had his 12 Repro back to Brad countless times for single trigger issues-- RWTF

While I prefer double triggers, in the last few years I've had 28ga, 12ga, and now 20ga Repros (the latter with 16ga barrels)--all with single triggers. And I put a lot of shells through all of them. Shot my 2nd straight at skeet the other day with the 16ga Repro. Only very rare issues with the current ST--and I think it's me, not the gun. The trigger's mechanical, and I think that on very rare occasions, I "trap" it when shooting skeet doubles. Can't be a question of not resetting, because it's mechanical rather than inertia.
What does L.Brown's post have to do with this thread? I suspect it is a highjack of the thread.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com