doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: lagopus More Hunting Tips. - 05/30/19 02:30 PM
That thread was getting interesting until it got locked out for whatever reason.

Always carry a set of tick pliers.

Best way to clean odour off hands after gutting game, especially rabbits, is to wash hands in soap and water then apply a good dob of HP Tomato Sauce and work well in then soap and water again and any gamey smell will have gone.

To clean fired brass cases after using black powder is to soak them overnight in a tub of a well known Cola drink (I won't name it because I don't want to get sued and they are richer than me). Also good for cleaning toilet pans out by pouring in a couple of litres and leaving it overnight. Environmentally friendly too. Having discovered what an excellent cleaning fluid it is you may never drink it again. :-) Lagopus…..
Posted By: GLS Re: More Hunting Tips. - 05/30/19 02:35 PM
Lagopus, I keep one of these in my wallet.
I buy on Amazon a six-pack of these every other season to give to buddies who invariably lose them. These will remove an embedded tick safely and quickly from a dog or person. Pro Tick Remedy
Posted By: ed good Re: More Hunting Tips. - 05/30/19 11:15 PM
carry a plastic gar bag in your vest...handy for keepin yo butt dry when sittin on wet stump, etc...
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com