doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Ducks Rx Francotte Brevet - 04/05/19 12:44 PM
Considering one. Anyone familiar with this particular model? Appears to be a side plated BLE. All information I have found only list numerical model number.
Thanks.
Posted By: ellenbr Re: Francotte Brevet - 04/05/19 01:01 PM
I don't recall a Breveté(Patent) every being a Francotte modell. Typically it is advertising?

Cheers,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: Der Ami Re: Francotte Brevet - 04/05/19 01:51 PM
Maybe it is a Francotte patent, manufactured by someone else, like Colt copies.
Mike
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Francotte Brevet - 04/06/19 11:57 AM
Guessing it's not the name of a model. Simply something marked on the barrels, flats, etc. Easy enough to tell if it's a Francotte with some photos of the barrel flats.
Posted By: Ducks Rx Re: Francotte Brevet - 04/06/19 05:31 PM
From pictures I looked at didn't have one of barrel flats but did have one that showed top of left barrel and said Aug Francotte
Leige
Thinking it maybe 20E? Has side plate with moderate engraving
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Francotte Brevet - 04/06/19 09:28 PM
A real Francotte will have a Francotte proprietary proofmark on the barrel flats. What it says on the barrel should also confirm that. If it was imported by either Abercrombie & Fitch or Von Lengerke & Detmold, then Griffin & Howe (or Bob Beach, who posts here) should be able to tell you what model it is if you give them a serial number. 20E sounds likely, as you describe it.
Posted By: fallschirmjaeger Re: Francotte Brevet - 04/10/19 09:03 PM
Lots of fake francs out there. Make sure you have a positive ID beyond the markings on top of the tubes before laying down any coin. The gentlemen above are steering you straight.
Posted By: Ducks Rx Re: Francotte Brevet - 04/11/19 12:39 AM
Thanks for good info. Going to look at gun in a couple of weeks and will inspect barrel flats and serial numbers to verify authenticity
Posted By: Franc Otte Re: Francotte Brevet - 04/11/19 01:25 AM
ducks..also it should say August Francotte maker & patentee liege Belgium on bottom of both sides of side plates. It should also look pretty damn nice, with perhaps nicely carved fences, decent wood, even though the 20e was the lowest of their side plated BLocks, a quality gun, I have had a couple of them, & a 25e. Great looking guns.
You can look in the Other Useful Information at page bottom for dating by the serial # hope its a good condition gun
cheers
franc
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com