doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: R.C. Miroku Dalys - 02/25/19 04:41 PM
Looking at a Charles Daly "Venture" model, a 12g with serial number in the 460,000 range, a late gun, described by the seller as a non-ejector. Clearly though, from photos the ejector/extractor is split, and has the identical ejector slides to a similar period Daly ejector gun in my possession. Possible the ejectors are disabled?

From literature the "Venture LT", a later, lighter version was made with ejectors (this one's 6lbs/15oz). To settle it, would a photo of the forend iron tell the tale? Thanks.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Miroku Dalys - 02/25/19 08:34 PM
The Venture was the least expensive of the Miroku-made Daly OU's. But I'm unaware of any of them that did not have automatic ejectors.
Posted By: skeettx Re: Miroku Dalys - 02/25/19 11:14 PM
Yes, that would help

http://www.leeroysramblings.com/Gun%20parts%20illustrations/Charles_Daly_Miroku_%20illustrated.htm

OLD post, may be helpful

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=408691
Posted By: R.C. Re: Miroku Dalys - 02/26/19 12:44 AM
The photo of the forend indicates an extractor gun, no rods, springs, or hammers. Strange thing, another late Venture model on GB, serial #460,XXX has the single extractor, a completely different arrangement. They must have been assembling guns with parts on hand at that point.
Posted By: Replacement Re: Miroku Dalys - 02/26/19 02:02 AM
Miroku features and configurations are all over the place. I don't know that anyone has ever sorted it all out, but there was a guy around here a few years ago who was collecting S/Ns and pics.
Posted By: dal Re: Miroku Dalys - 02/26/19 04:42 AM

Check this for specific info on miroku dalys

http://www.leeroysramblings.com/Gun%20Articles/Miroku_O-U_shotguns.html
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Miroku Dalys - 02/26/19 01:18 PM
A friend has/had one, and it uses extractors.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Miroku Dalys - 02/26/19 04:25 PM
The other issue with Dalys, of course, is that Miroku isn't the only company to have made OU's under that name in the last 60 years or so. I can't confirm that any of the post-Miroku Daly OU's used the Venture name for a model, but there are definitely other OU's out there using the same model names as were used when the guns were being made by Miroku. The same is also true of post-WWII Daly sxs. And even while Miroku was making guns under the Charles Daly name, they were not the sole company to do so. Beretta made a Daly Empire model sxs in the late 60's (maybe continuing to the early 70's), at the same time Miroku was also making Charles Daly doubles.

You definitely need a score card to keep track of all the Charles Daly players. When in doubt, proofmarks will often get you to the country of origin, if not to the specific gun company.
Posted By: tw Re: Miroku Dalys - 02/28/19 03:23 PM
I think where the confusion comes into play w/the B. C. Miroku made guns most often seen is many people wrongly think the 'field grade' was the plainest version and all field grades have ejectors. The 'Venture grade' was the simplest & least expensive version and they all have a one piece extractor fitted between the bbls.

Put another way:

Venture grade = lowest grade w/minimal engraving centered on action sides; extractor

Field grade = Nice engraving over most of action w/ejectors

Superior grade = more elaborate engraving w/def. curve in pattern on action side & whot resembles a stippled pair of rams horns when viewed from the top; ejectors.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com