doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Argo44 Decline of DGS - 01/24/19 05:29 PM
This is my first and last post objecting to what's going on with this forum. It's always been rough and tumble but lately the jackassery has gotten to the point it's driving away long-time posters with a lot of knowledge and a lot to add - a prominent writer recently called it "churlishness."

Everything in America is now politicized; it'd be nice to come to an engineering forum which is not. This won't change squat; people say stuff on the internet they'd never say to a man's face; it'll get hate mail to which I won't respond; but the below is how I feel:

Oh, and this meter on DGS is running with no signs of slowing down:

Posted By: Saskbooknut Re: Decline of DGS - 01/24/19 05:54 PM
Yup, feeling the same.
Respect and kindness go a long way in supporting my willingness to listen.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Decline of DGS - 01/24/19 06:18 PM
Maj. Argo Burns in Korea...

https://youtu.be/SLd7V88hvQc

Have a couple other replies but they’d break his Jerk-O-Meter.

Posted By: bobski Re: Decline of DGS - 01/24/19 06:30 PM
law without enforcement = no law.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Decline of DGS - 01/24/19 06:54 PM
Originally Posted By: bobski

Can I still get a calendar?

Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Decline of DGS - 01/24/19 06:59 PM
I vote we make bObski head moderator in charge that way he can throw every one off but the 5 or 6 people that go to his poe dunk shoot and sell all the calenders he wants without paying Dave a thing.

Can I get a second ?
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Decline of DGS - 01/24/19 07:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Argo44
This is my first and last post objecting to what's going on with this forum. It's always been rough and tumble but lately the jackassery has gotten to the point it's driving away long-time posters with a lot of knowledge and a lot to add - a prominent writer recently called it "churlishness."

Everything in America is now politicized; it'd be nice to come to an engineering forum which is not. This won't change squat; people say stuff on the internet they'd never say to a man's face; it'll get hate mail to which I won't respond; but the below is how I feel:

Oh, and this meter on DGS is running with no signs of slowing down:

There's a lot of "jackassery" in your post Argo44...with an attitude like that how can we expect to learn.

Just saying....
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Decline of DGS - 01/24/19 07:08 PM
Honestly I'd be mad too if I found out Reilley didn't make his own guns.

Posted By: ed good Re: Decline of DGS - 01/24/19 09:55 PM
jOe, this forum used to be a great place, but you an keet are killin hit...
Posted By: keith Re: Decline of DGS - 01/24/19 10:14 PM
Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
I vote we make bObski head moderator in charge that way he can throw every one off but the 5 or 6 people that go to his poe dunk shoot and sell all the calenders he wants without paying Dave a thing.

Can I get a second ?

Excellent and cogent reply jOe. But it isn't going to get you a free calendar.

I wonder what Argo44's post has to do with the subject of doubleguns? This is even further off-topic than his photos of non-wild game meals and tales of flying into some remote valley in Viet Nam 60 years ago to reference unidentified pump shotguns. And just HOW does he manage to post any photos at all here when it is so tedious, cumbersome, and complicated compared to his Jeep forum???

I suppose his cute little triangle could be converted into one of those cheap tapered sheet metal choke gauges if it had more taper, and numbers instead of silly bullshit. But it still wouldn't give an accurate measurement of choke without also knowing bore diameter. I'm pretty sure the bottom level he re-labeled DGS Tantrumitis was probably meant for BrentD or Cryin' Bob Liberace, but there is so much hypocrisy here that one never really knows.

I just wanted to make that quick comment before the Thread Police all collectively start emailing each other to hurry up and whine to Dave to delete this absurd and off-topic thread.

Originally Posted By: bobski

And bobski is so right... so call your Congressmen and Senators and tell them we need a Border Wall and no amnesty for illegal aliens! Thanks bobski.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Decline of DGS - 01/24/19 10:21 PM
Originally Posted By: ed good

And what the heck have you ever offered this forum Ed...besides how to recolor an old action with a blOw torch.

Wait I do recall some drunken jibberish..
Posted By: grouse28 Re: Decline of DGS - 01/24/19 10:21 PM
All things degrade without due care. Moderation (care) on this board is certainly lacking. It is a great forum for learning, seems the bullies and loudmouths have been given free reign. Such was the demise of other sites.
Posted By: keith Re: Decline of DGS - 01/24/19 10:22 PM
Originally Posted By: ed good

Don't even go there you anti-gun Troll. Why don't you tell us how many times you've been booted from this forum? And why don't you remind everyone about how you and King kept violating Dave's guidelines for his "Preserve the 2nd Amendment Thread: Informational"... until he got sick of deleting your posts and just locked it and unpinned it from the top of the subjects list?

Anti-Gun Posts by Ed Good

Originally Posted By: Dave Weber
I can't take it any more...been deleting crap posts for a half hour now and I have to go to work.

Ed Good is shut off till November...one more strike and he gets a perma-ban.

If any of you were involved in the recent discussions with Ed on the who'w who post please go in and delete your post that was meant for Ed...I have already removed most of Ed's.

Thank you...
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Decline of DGS - 01/24/19 10:24 PM
Poor old Ed...I remember a 30" Browning SxS I bought from him in good faith...the ends of the muzzles looked like they had been drug down a gravel road

Guess who paid the return shipping...I'll give you one clue it wasn't Ed.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Decline of DGS - 01/24/19 10:35 PM
Kieth did you notice Mr. Reiley has been here less than three years and bObski four ?

Not long for wanting to take control of the reins.

Bottom line is posts like this crap run people off.
Posted By: keith Re: Decline of DGS - 01/24/19 10:46 PM
Kieth did you notice Mr. Reiley has been here less than three years and bObski four ?

Not long for wanting to take control of the reins.

Yes jOe. I just wish all of these guys like Argo44, BrentD, DrBob, B.Dudley, bobski, etc., who constantly whine about the way Dave runs HIS forum would just start their own damn forum.

I'll bet it would be wildly popular. Now why don't we get somewhat on topic and look at a nice picture of a coyote saving another duck from drowning?:

Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Decline of DGS - 01/24/19 10:59 PM
I'm sure Dave gets sick of the whiners....a week can't go by without a new whining thread.

It's bad enough that we have to read their liberal views.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Decline of DGS - 01/24/19 11:17 PM
Originally Posted By: grouse28
All things degrade without due care. Moderation (care) on this board is certainly lacking. It is a great forum for learning, seems the bullies and loudmouths have been given free reign. Such was the demise of other sites.

Only thing that will be the demise of this board is if the liberal whiners win out.

If you're referring to me I been here since 2006 and far as I know I haven't changed a lick.

Post crap like this thread and I'll tell you what I think...it's not my problem if you don't like what you hear.

Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Decline of DGS - 01/24/19 11:52 PM
Originally Posted By: grouse28

Only thing that will be the demise of this board is if the liberal whiners win out.

If you're referring to me I been here since 2006 and far as I know I haven't changed a lick.

Post crap like thread this and I'll tell you what I think it's not my problem if you don't like it.

Place is probably over moderated. Like jOe says, post crap and the moderators come out of the woodwork. Pretty sharp bunch here. Learned that right quick. Better bring your “A” game or else.

Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Decline of DGS - 01/25/19 01:10 PM
How true....
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Decline of DGS - 01/25/19 01:17 PM
Sorry, Ho-Jo, amigo mio- but a Blowtorch won't color case mild steel-- you need a oxy-acetylene torch set at a neutral flame-- Not that I have ever "FUBARED" any older double to attempt to restore the original case hardened coloration, no ever would.Foxie
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Decline of DGS - 01/25/19 01:57 PM
Nothing more than a couple people dissatisfied with their position and their place.

Hopefully they have a better understanding now that they know...

...it's not my problem if you don't like what you hear.
https://vimeo.com/292992164

(somewhat tortured no doubt. just wanted to work some Dylan in. what a song)
Posted By: Humpty Dumpty Re: Decline of DGS - 01/25/19 02:19 PM
Argo44, thank you. I've revisited this forum today wondering why I stopped coming here, and here's your post on the top of the page reminding me precisely why.

Life's too short to deal with schizophrenics who can't pass a post without ranting about anti gun libtard snowflake communist media conspiracy and how Hilary and Obama ruined everything. Go on, if you repeat it long enough, it might even make America great again.

Pas RSVP, I won't be coming back to this thread.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Decline of DGS - 01/25/19 02:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Humpty Dumpty
Argo44, thank you. I've revisited this forum today wondering why I stopped coming here, and here's your post on the top of the page reminding me precisely why.

Life's too short to deal with schizophrenics who can't pass a post without ranting about anti gun libtard snowflake communist media conspiracy and how Hilary and Obama ruined everything. Go on, if you repeat it long enough, it might even make America great again.

Who’s going to start with the Russian jokes?

Posted By: King Brown Re: Decline of DGS - 01/25/19 02:51 PM
lonesome, we all know Humpty Dumpty as a valuable member of this forum. His point is not a laughing matter in any language.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Decline of DGS - 01/25/19 03:01 PM
Originally Posted By: King Brown
lonesome, we all know Humpty Dumpty as a valuable member of this forum. His point is not a laughing matter in any language.

Let’s see...

Schizophrenic
Ranting
Anti gun libtard
Snowflake
Communist
Conspiracy
Ruined

Maybe go back and look at Argo’s chart paying particular attention to the bottom section? That post is a gold mine.

Posted By: King Brown Re: Decline of DGS - 01/25/19 04:07 PM
Each word reinforces his point that name-calling and scapegoating diminish enjoyment of this forum.

Each should bring their A-game to everything, as Crosby does in hockey and Humpty Dumpty to this board.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Decline of DGS - 01/25/19 04:17 PM
Each word reinforces his point that name-calling and scapegoating diminish enjoyment of this forum.

Each should bring their A-game to everything, as Crosby does in hockey and Humpty Dumpty to this board.

Yeah, that was a C- effort at best on my part.

Way to work hockey in there. Sure you pissed somebody off though.

Posted By: King Brown Re: Decline of DGS - 01/25/19 04:33 PM
No one gets it right all the time, lonesome.

Hockey? EU is on thin ice, incipient drowning, no rescue in sight. The UK had best arrangement, drained a lot out of EU prosperity and they're going down together.

Unless US and China get it together, the global economy similarly.

Opinion, OT, surely pissed someone off, but no one is perfect, eh?

For certain though, Putin is coming out everywhere as the winner.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Decline of DGS - 01/25/19 06:37 PM
Kingfish sounds to me like you been wrestling with Martin Luther King again....
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Decline of DGS - 01/25/19 06:41 PM
Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
Originally Posted By: Humpty Dumpty

Who’s going to start with the Russian jokes?

I think we just witnessed one Comrade...
Posted By: keith Re: Decline of DGS - 01/25/19 07:07 PM
Which one jOe... Humpty Dumpty or King Brown?

I found it funny that King never seemed to noticed Hillary Clinton's ties to Putin and Russia, including the Uranium One deal and the huge donations and speaking fees the Clintons and Clinton Foundation got from Russians.

And who could forget Obama getting caught on an open microphone promising outgoing Russian President Medvedev that he could be more flexible with Putin after the election? King Brown and his Liberal Left pals... that's who.

And for gosh sakes, don't QUOTE King undermining our 2nd Amendment and supporting anti-gunners. We don't want any bad behavior such as telling the truth going on here. But this whole thread is already off-topic, so what the hell? Here's another triangle for Argo44:

And here's another Russian joke:

Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Decline of DGS - 01/25/19 08:11 PM
Jokes on King and the saint he wrestled.

Didn't King dive with the mermaids once too ?
Posted By: keith Re: Decline of DGS - 01/25/19 09:18 PM
Ah, you must be talking about King's patron saint and wrestling buddy Martin Luther King.

I'm not sure about diving with mermaids, but it wouldn't surprise me. That was probably while swimming with his good friend John F. Kennedy while hangin' out with the Kennedy clan on their yacht at Hyannis Port. After all, he saved Canadian forests and the forestry industry, saved Canada from oppression and racism against blacks and indigenous Indians, and most recently, he tells us how he single-handedly saved the Atlantic Ocean by forcing Antigonish to stop polluting their harbor:

James, here on the Atlantic Flyway, I've hunted waterfowl for 75 years, living near sanctuaries on the Eastern and North Shores of the province. I'm looking at a harbour with a refuge as I write this.

I haven't seen concentrations in refuges where ducks and geese aren't flying to other parts of the harbour to farmers' fields or ponds and lakes. I'm not aware of disease reports.

Raw sewage was fouling the harbour until I forced the town of Antigonish to build a sewage treatment plant by threatening legal action under health, municipal and water acts.

Every time I think of King, the Canadian National Anthem plays in my mind.

One other question comes to mind jOe... why do you think Argo44 didn't get all pissed off and post a whining/bitching thread like this all of those hundreds of times King and his pals posted their off-topic crap, Canadian politics, and anti-gun drivel?
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Decline of DGS - 01/25/19 09:59 PM

Didn't King dive with the mermaids once too ?

Nah, he went diving for his Parker that he lost overboard in the briney North Atlantic. Fully expected Moby Dick to show up. I was mightily disappointed.

(meant in good fun , King)

That was pretty wild the way Humpty swooped in all bare chested, planting the Red, White, and Blue...of the Russian Federation. Putin approves! (dito)

Love him or hate him you have to marvel (at least a little) at how keith can piss people off on multiple continents.

Oy, King, the EU. We’ll leave that for another time.

Posted By: keith Re: Decline of DGS - 01/25/19 10:16 PM
Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
Nah, he went diving for his Parker that he lost overboard in the briney North Atlantic. Fully expected Moby Dick to show up. I was mightily disappointed.

Actually, that tall tale involved a Fox Sterlingworth that went into the briny North Atlantic during a blinding snowstorm and gale force winds. Then, months later, without GPS coordinates, King donned scuba gear while in his mid 70's, and dove deep into dark cold North Atlantic waters, and miraculously recovered the gun. This would have made finding the proverbial needle in a haystack pale in comparison. But some here would believe King if he told them the world was made of cheddar cheese, even after he has been busted numerous times posting absolute B.S. and falsehoods.

I know, I know... this is worse than me going into nursery schools and telling children that there is no such thing as Santa Claus. And now a word from Kalifornia snowflake, Cryin' Bob Liberace...

Posted By: Bob Cash Re: Decline of DGS - 01/25/19 10:33 PM
Originally Posted By: keith

I know, I know... this is worse than me going into nursery schools and telling children that there is no such thing as Santa Claus.

Wow!
So exactly why are you hanging around nursery schools? jOe jOe not allowed to walk home by himself?
Why do you feel compelled to ruin Christmas for little children?
Add Kris Kringle to the long list of those who believe you to be a TURD.
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Decline of DGS - 01/26/19 12:23 AM
Oh golly- here I thought that Moby Dick was a venerial disease- now I see it is the name for a really big pissed-off whale-- RWTF
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Decline of DGS - 01/26/19 12:26 AM
TURD- a USMC Akronym for : Trainee Undergoing Recruit Discipline. If I had a ten dollar bill for every time I heard that term used in the 19 weeks of Hell that Boot Camp at MCRD San Diego- I could buy some pre-1964 Model 12's at area gun shows..
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Decline of DGS - 01/26/19 12:35 AM
bOb trash got any new pics of guns you don't own ?
Posted By: ed good Re: Decline of DGS - 01/26/19 12:49 AM
ole jOe an keet runnin wile here...not much left fur da rest o us...
Posted By: keith Re: Decline of DGS - 01/26/19 03:43 AM
Nothing left for you Ed??? Why don't you tell us how many times you've been booted from this forum? And why don't you remind everyone about how you and King kept violating Dave's guidelines for his "Preserve the 2nd Amendment Thread: Informational"... until he got sick of deleting your posts and just locked it and unpinned it from the top of the subjects list?

Anti-Gun Posts by Ed Good

Originally Posted By: Dave Weber
I can't take it any more...been deleting crap posts for a half hour now and I have to go to work.

Ed Good is shut off till November...one more strike and he gets a perma-ban.

If any of you were involved in the recent discussions with Ed on the who'w who post please go in and delete your post that was meant for Ed...I have already removed most of Ed's.

Thank you...

After that Ed, you could reminisce about the many times you threatened guys here who objected to your Trolling, your tarted up guns, and your business practices. And after that, you could tell everyone about how you are one of a select few who is not permitted to post your crap in the For Sale section. And please don't forget to post more of your support for anti-gun Democrats and anti-hunting organizations like PETA.

You and King and Argo44 should apply for jobs at Fake News CNN.
Posted By: dal Re: Decline of DGS - 01/26/19 04:59 AM
is keet really Dave???

hmmmmmm....
Posted By: keith Re: Decline of DGS - 01/26/19 06:48 AM
Originally Posted By: dal
is keet really Dave???

hmmmmmm....

Wow. If this was an I.Q. Test instead of an off-topic whining thread, little dla (sic) would make medical history by being the first primate to register a negative I.Q. score well below zero... actually lower than cooked broccoli.

Seriously, if I was Dave, does anyone with any brain-wave activity whatsoever really think that guys like little dla (sic), King, ed, BrentD, and the rest of the FUDD's, F.A.G.'s (Fake Ass Gentlemen), and frauds would still be here?

I don't ever attempt to tell Dave how to run his forum. But those who whine and cry for more moderation should really stop, think, and be careful what they wish for. By all accounts, Dave appears to be a pro-2nd Amendment Conservative who proudly voted for Donald Trump. If he ever takes the time to really read the Socialist anti-gun crap these idiots pollute his forum with, I'd expect they would get b1tch-slapped into east oblivion.

Next contestant in the DGS Whack-a-Libtard game... step right up!
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Decline of DGS - 01/26/19 12:38 PM
Is dal mentally ill ?
Posted By: King Brown Re: Decline of DGS - 01/26/19 04:43 PM
No one here is qualified to make diagnosis, joe. It does seem that for those who lose their composure so easily over politics, spewing forth daily, the forum may be therapeutic in providing them with distractions. Allowing them to rant without taking their bait has made a noticeable improvement in their demeanour---and the forum.
Posted By: gunmaker Re: Decline of DGS - 01/26/19 04:59 PM
I can’t help but think the political posters would be much better served changing the hearts and minds of people on the occupydemocrats forum.
Posted By: craigd Re: Decline of DGS - 01/26/19 06:02 PM
No one here is qualified to make diagnosis, joe. It does seem that for those who lose their composure so easily over politics, spewing forth daily, the forum may be therapeutic....

Thanks doc, I feel better now. Don't be so modest, I'll bet you could profile 'em from a mile off, eh?
Posted By: keith Re: Decline of DGS - 01/26/19 06:52 PM
Originally Posted By: gunmaker
I can’t help but think the political posters would be much better served changing the hearts and minds of people on the occupydemocrats forum.

Thanks for your opinion gunmaker. Since you came up with that idea, why don't you give it a go?

My take on matters is a bit different. For many years, there were enough Democrat politicians who supported Gun Rights that a gun owner could choose pro-gun politicians from either major Party. That has obviously changed over the past 30-40 years until we have now reached a point where the vast majority of Democrat politicians are either supporting or actively pressing for restrictions on the Constitutional Rights of law abiding gun owners.

Unfortunately, we still have a lot of gun owners who refuse to look at verifiable facts, and the truth. These Democrat loyalists refuse to change Parties, and they refuse to hold their Democrat politician's feet to the fire over infringing upon the 2nd Amendment. To me, this makes them complicit. They are partially, no... directly responsible for the assault on our freedom due to their support for anti-gunners. They are actively stabbing us in the back. Yet they think we should embrace them and welcome them into the absurd so-called Big Tent. They refuse to admit that it is anti-gun to vote and support for politicians with 100% anti-2nd Amendment voting records. Yet these same guys will tar Republicans and Donald Trump as racists simply because David Duke gave Trump an endorsement.

What good is it to bring someone into your Big Tent when they are working to destroy it from within? Sticking together means just that... not going into a voting booth to elect people who are out to destroy the rights of your fellow gun owners. This has become much like a guerilla war where the enemy dresses and looks like your friend. Guys like King Brown and Ed Good continue to deceive and actively work to undermine our gun rights. And people like you wish to ignore it and ignore their own political rants and off-topic crap.

No one has injected more off-topic political bullshit into this forum over the years than King Brown, yet you don't see Argo44, or DrBob, or Gladys Kravitz, or BrentD, etc. launching any threads dedicated to criticizing him or urging people to stop financially supporting the forum because of him. And that is the sheer hypocrisy and dishonesty that I am responding to in this totally off-topic thread... which Argo44 dumped here like a load of shit to stink the place up. Then he ran away, because his true motivation was to cause dissension and turmoil to prove his dishonest point.
Posted By: keith Re: Decline of DGS - 01/26/19 07:07 PM
Fortunately, not everyone has their head in the sand, and there are still quite a few guys who see what is really going on. Here's what Ted had to say about it.

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=457675&page=1

This is why I like both Ted and jOe. They may have their differences, and they may butt heads, but in the end, they are both intelligent enough to understand that without a strong and uncompromising defense of our gun rights, Liberal Left Democrats would be pushing Gunsmiths into the same unemployment line as they did with coal miners and oil field workers.

Posted By: King Brown Re: Decline of DGS - 01/26/19 08:54 PM
Great to see you back recently, craig. Travelling, busy?
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com