doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: SXS 40 Las Vegas Antique Arms Show - 01/04/19 04:52 AM

Considering attending this show at the end of this month. Is it worth the trip? Looking for a Pigeon gun.
Posted By: Perry M. Kissam Re: Las Vegas Antique Arms Show - 01/04/19 07:45 AM
I plan to attend this year also.
Posted By: Daryl Hallquist Re: Las Vegas Antique Arms Show - 01/04/19 01:01 PM
It'll be the Best show for fine guns available. The Engraver's Guild and Custom Knife Makers [I think] will be there, too.

I'll have a table with the Lefever Collectors group. Stop by and introduce yourself.
Posted By: Mills Re: Las Vegas Antique Arms Show - 01/04/19 03:06 PM
I went two years ago and it was fun.
Posted By: Toby Barclay Re: Las Vegas Antique Arms Show - 01/04/19 09:03 PM
I am very sad to say that I will not be there this year.
I have exhibited at the Beinfeld show at most of the last 10 years and have enjoyed meeting people and selling a few guns.
Loath as I am to talk down any of the few remaining antique gun shows, it has to be said that the whole event has shrunk greatly over the time I have been going. That is not to say that it isn't worth going, just that it is a shadow of its former self.
In the sporting guns area, the number of vendors has reduced greatly and although the total square footage has been bulked out with the engravers and knife sections, the whole thing has shrunk.
No doubt Kirby Hoyt, Tony Galazan and other big names will be there as usual but the holes in the lists of old are noticeable.
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Las Vegas Antique Arms Show - 01/05/19 02:19 AM
Perry, To come to Las Vegas from anywhere in California is easy. Do it. You may not find just what you want, but you have a better chance of it there than anywhere else. The shrinkage Toby Barclay mentions is the attrition that whittles away at our age group. Enthusiasts like many of us are not being replaced. The generations behind us have other interests. All the more reason to see it while you can.
Posted By: Jolly Bill Re: Las Vegas Antique Arms Show - 01/05/19 04:10 AM
As noted, may not be as many good vendors as in past years but still one of the best shows for nice doubles and I would encourage anyone that can easily make it to go.

I haven't missed the January Las Vegas gun show in 23 years but can't make it this year.

I will definitely miss the social part of it.
Posted By: Pete Re: Las Vegas Antique Arms Show - 01/05/19 05:08 PM
I first attended about 1974...gee about 45 years ago. Haven't been in about 10 years. I wonder if Purdey and H&H still have booths there?
Posted By: Toby Barclay Re: Las Vegas Antique Arms Show - 01/05/19 07:23 PM
Originally Posted By: Pete
I first attended about 1974...gee about 45 years ago. Haven't been in about 10 years. I wonder if Purdey and H&H still have booths there?

Sadly neither. Westley Richards were there until recent times but I don't know with Simon's demise whether they will be there this year.
Posted By: PL Re: Las Vegas Antique Arms Show - 01/06/19 01:26 AM
Best show for double guns in the western US. I spend 3 days in the antique arms show room buying and selling and go home happy every year.

PL
Posted By: dukxdog Re: Las Vegas Antique Arms Show - 01/06/19 04:11 AM
Are there lots of guns changing hands or is more of an exhibition gun show like so many local ones trend to be?
Posted By: Perry M. Kissam Re: Las Vegas Antique Arms Show - 01/06/19 06:45 AM
Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
Perry, To come to Las Vegas from anywhere in California is easy. Do it. You may not find just what you want, but you have a better chance of it there than anywhere else. The shrinkage Toby Barclay mentions is the attrition that whittles away at our age group. Enthusiasts like many of us are not being replaced. The generations behind us have other interests. All the more reason to see it while you can.

I don't doubt that at all Bill. However, I am coming from New Mexico!! Nonetheless, it is still just a few hours of an easy drive and since I have a time share out there I should be in pretty good shape. I have been once before about 15+ years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it then. I don't have anything specifically in mind that I will be looking for, just looking. If you are there perhaps we can link up with others and enjoy seeing the faces behind the names we see on this board. I will probably be easily found at or near Ron Peteson's table from Albuquerque. If anybody would like to get to together for a handshake and a drink say so on this board.
Posted By: SXS 40 Re: Las Vegas Antique Arms Show - 01/16/19 06:42 PM

Is it worth it to buy the high dollar pass for Thursday, (set up day)? Better chance of finding what you are looking for?
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Las Vegas Antique Arms Show - 01/16/19 06:50 PM
SXS 40, There's no way to know that, but it can't hurt but improve your odds. The additional cost is minimal overall. "If you're going to the fair, you might as well ride the rides."
Posted By: Perry M. Kissam Re: Las Vegas Antique Arms Show - 01/16/19 07:00 PM
I cant get there until Thursday afternoon anyway and have to leave Sunday so I will just get a couple of day passes for Friday and Saturday. I will probably hang out with Ron Peterson from Albuquerque some during the show so if any of you see his table and a white haired man with a white mustache and beard near there it will probably be me!! Stop and say hello. I would love to put a face with the names on this board.
Posted By: MinnesotaJoe Re: Las Vegas Antique Arms Show - 01/17/19 04:51 PM
I will be there thursday and friday
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com