doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Daryl Hallquist Game Fair, UK, 2019 - 12/16/18 09:36 PM
Some years ago we attended the Game Fair at Blenheim Castle. It was lots of fun. I understand that the Fair has had it's problems in the last few years, but there is one scheduled for July 27-29 in 2019. Is this fair being done well nowadays ? Have they overcome any past difficulties ?

In lieu of the Game Fair, are there any other similar festivals that would merit attention ? We'll be in London where our son and family have just moved.

Thanks, Daryl
Posted By: Konor3inch Re: Game Fair, UK, 2019 - 12/16/18 09:58 PM
The Game and Wildlife Conservation Trust Scottish Game Fair at Scone Palace grounds just outside Perth in Scotland is held on the first Friday and weekend in July each year. Great atmosphere with plenty to see and do ,worth checking out on the internet and would be an opportunity to tie in with some sight seeing in Scotland.
Posted By: Thruxton Re: Game Fair, UK, 2019 - 12/16/18 10:17 PM
This,,on the 10th and 11th August is a first class event. Lots of atmosphere, waxed jackets, lurchers and cross country carriage trials too.
http://www.lowthershow.co.uk/
Posted By: eeb Re: Game Fair, UK, 2019 - 12/16/18 10:42 PM
Following that link it offers details on several other Countryman game fairs. Looks like good clean fun.
Posted By: MattH Re: Game Fair, UK, 2019 - 12/16/18 10:55 PM
Daryl,

I went to the Game Fair this past summer at Ragley Hall. It was great, and I recommend you go.

It's a huge event. We were there for 2 days, and I doubt you could see everything in 3 days. If you go outside with a gun, rod, bow, dog, horse or even a falcon, they'll have something there for you. Gunmakers row was worth it all by itself. Lots of food and drink to sample as well. You can shoot some clays there if you like as well.

Have fun! ---Matt
Posted By: JohnfromUK Re: Game Fair, UK, 2019 - 12/17/18 08:55 AM
In 2019 it is at Hatfield House which is an hour or so north of London. Last time it was there (2017) it was a very good show.
Posted By: Daryl Hallquist Re: Game Fair, UK, 2019 - 12/17/18 01:12 PM
Thank you, all. I'll take some time to look up all of the other opportunities that were mentioned. We'll be in Kensington, so the Hatfield House is certainly close.
Posted By: Daryl Hallquist Re: Game Fair, UK, 2019 - 12/17/18 01:13 PM
Thank you, all. I'll take some time to look up all of the other opportunities that were mentioned. We'll be in Kensington, so the Hatfield House is certainly close.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com