doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: gunmaker Woodward Restocks - 12/13/18 01:37 AM
***Trying to figure out the clarity issue, the images are getting blurry when loading onto the photo hosting website. I can email the pictures to anyone wanting to see better quality photos***

I just finished up making new buttstocks for these two Woodward O/U's, a 20bore and 16bore. The client wanted the stock dimensions and grip style to copy his H&H Royal 20bore. The original stocks were straight/English grip, new trigger guards were made and engraved instead of modifying the originals.

H&H Royal

Posted By: gunmaker Re: Woodward Restocks - 12/13/18 01:38 AM
The Woodward 20bore

Posted By: gunmaker Re: Woodward Restocks - 12/13/18 01:38 AM
Woodward 16bore

Posted By: LeFusil Re: Woodward Restocks - 12/13/18 01:41 AM
Well done. Looks like the client specified some serious DAH for his new stocks.

Is it a lighting/photography issue, or is the buttstock finish really that much lighter than the forends?
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Woodward Restocks - 12/13/18 01:41 AM
Great job, Michael. Nice alternative to a straight grip gun, without getting too much "pistol grip".

SRH
Posted By: SXS 40 Re: Woodward Restocks - 12/13/18 04:01 AM

Killer wood on the 20 bore.
Posted By: Owenjj3 Re: Woodward Restocks - 12/13/18 08:19 PM
A question on the spectacular 20 bore--is that wood American walnut? It has some of the flaming and crotch patterning I would ordinarily associate with domestic wood. I bet there are not more than a couple of Woodward 16 bore O/U's in the US.

Posted By: gunmaker Re: Woodward Restocks - 12/14/18 03:19 AM
I didn’t source the wood, it was provided to me by the client. I’m pretty certain it is California English Walnut.
Posted By: gunmaker Re: Woodward Restocks - 12/15/18 03:34 AM
The shotguns were delivered yesterday in Dallas to a very happy and complimentary owner. Hopefully we can do more work or even some builds in the future!
Posted By: Chukarman Re: Woodward Restocks - 12/15/18 08:37 AM
Nice work and a properly done ‘Prince of Wales’ grip. No doubt the owner was happy!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com