doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Karl Graebner Happy Veteran's day - 11/09/18 08:01 PM
As a S.E.A. vet I would like to wish everyone here a happy and peaceful Veteran's day. Let us take a moment to remember those that made the ultimate sacrifice and remember them in our prayers.
Thank you for your service!
Karl
Posted By: Argo44 Re: Happy Veteran's day - 11/09/18 08:05 PM
Happy Veterans day.

It was Armistice day in my youth. My grandfather lost an eye in a tank in the Somme in that war to end all wars. In Brazzaville in early 1980's the allies would still visit the cemetery together on November 11...French, Brit, Belgian, American and as the only veteran in the embassy I was the USG representative. This is the 100th anniversary of the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month.

1967 - 2007

Posted By: fallschirmjaeger Re: Happy Veteran's day - 11/09/18 08:53 PM
Karl, Argo and the rest of my military brothers, thank you for your service and sacrifices.

Never forget.
Posted By: Der Ami Re: Happy Veteran's day - 11/09/18 09:43 PM
Hear Hear.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Happy Veteran's day - 11/09/18 09:54 PM
When you see a vet, please make a point of letting him know you appreciate his service to our nation. I do...........and I do.

B399865
USN Atkron 205 (The Green Falcons, VA-205)
'71-'75

SRH
Posted By: skeettx Re: Happy Veteran's day - 11/09/18 11:59 PM
Thank you
Mike
Posted By: 28 gauge shooter Re: Happy Veteran's day - 11/10/18 12:14 AM
For my brothers at arms. Thank you!
Posted By: ed good Re: Happy Veteran's day - 11/10/18 12:16 AM
thank you to all who served in harm's way...

time to watch:

sergeant york

the fighting 69th

and of course, all quite on the western front and the blue max...
Posted By: ed good Re: Happy Veteran's day - 11/10/18 12:24 AM
and perhaps the best ww1 story of all...dr. zhivago...
Posted By: keith Re: Happy Veteran's day - 11/10/18 07:44 AM
Thank you, to all who served our country.
Posted By: King Brown Re: Happy Veteran's day - 11/10/18 03:47 PM
It's not enough to remember and honour sacrifices and thank those serving our countries. It's time to think. Tomorrow is Remembrance Day in Canada and in many parts of the world. What I think most of our military forces---and my family goes back to serving in all the big ones including the Napoleonic wars---is where we have placed them in dirty wars for dirty reasons, where they sacrifice mostly for their comrades in arms, to survive and come home.They have a special place in my heart. We put them there. I'm not a pacifist believing in peace at any price, We need more thinking about those we're asking to make sacrifices.
Posted By: craigd Re: Happy Veteran's day - 11/10/18 03:56 PM
Hat’s off for selflessness when called to duty.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Happy Veteran's day - 11/10/18 05:07 PM
Originally Posted By: King Brown
It's not enough to remember and honour sacrifices and thank those serving our countries. It's time to think. Tomorrow is Remembrance Day in Canada and in many parts of the world. What I think most of our military forces---and my family goes back to serving in all the big ones including the Napoleonic wars---is where we have placed them in dirty wars for dirty reasons, where they sacrifice mostly for their comrades in arms, to survive and come home.They have a special place in my heart. We put them there. I'm not a pacifist believing in peace at any price, We need more thinking about those we're asking to make sacrifices.

Has it ever been any different, King?

https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/115545.Smedley_D_Butler

Happy Birthday, Marines. Nov 10, 1775

Thanks to all who have served.

Posted By: Hal Re: Happy Veteran's day - 11/10/18 05:15 PM
Always think of my father in law Everette Denison who was with the Quebec Rifles when Hong Kong fell in 1940. Poor guys spent the whole Pacific war as POWs, losing hundreds of men to starvation and disease.

Hal
USMC 1535853
Posted By: King Brown Re: Happy Veteran's day - 11/10/18 06:51 PM
Speaking from how I see my country, it's as patriotic as any but when the heat cools we neglect our military, put it away for the next time. My hope, expectation of something better is the way women are organizing successfully for changes of thinking, making males seem lazy and mountebanks by comparison.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com