doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Daryl Hallquist Larry Shelton - 11/05/18 06:47 PM
Larry, who was always a pillar at the gunshows all over, died recently. He and his wife had exhibits of all sorts of doubles ever since I can remember. A fine fellow who authored at least 2 books on doubles, I'll miss his multi tabled displays in Vegas in January. Good guy.
Posted By: RARiddell Re: Larry Shelton - 11/05/18 07:36 PM
Sorry to hear!
Posted By: OH Osthaus Re: Larry Shelton - 11/06/18 12:44 AM
sorry to hear that

i enjoyed our exchange when i was researching my j p Clabrough
Posted By: LGF Re: Larry Shelton - 11/06/18 12:49 AM
He was very helpful on my Clabrough, too. I'm sorry that I never got a chance to meet him.
Posted By: SKB Re: Larry Shelton - 11/06/18 12:55 AM
I liked Larry and always enjoyed stopping by his table and looking over his offerings. Very sorry to hear he has passed on.
Steve
Posted By: SXS 40 Re: Larry Shelton - 11/06/18 02:46 AM

One of the nicest men you could ever meet. A great loss of knowledge to the double gun fraternity. His book on Clabrough shotguns is a great read, even if you have no interest in that particular marque. A stalwart supporter of the California Side by Side Society for many years. The man will truly be missed.
Posted By: J.B.Patton Re: Larry Shelton - 11/06/18 04:09 PM
Larry was one of the good ones. I did business with Mr. Shelton on several trips to the Las Vegas show as a much younger man. Larry was quiet, but very helpful & I managed to find some real jewels in his often tightly packed tables. I will miss him and his easily shared insight on quality doubles.
Best Regards,
JBP
Posted By: jc5 Re: Larry Shelton - 11/08/18 04:53 PM
A sad day to hear that Larry passed away. He was a first-class collector and author, a great shot, and a true gentleman, always gracious and helpful.

Larry was the kind of good man who makes this whole thing---guns, hunting, collecting--something to be proud of.
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Larry Shelton - 11/09/18 09:33 PM
I'm sorry to hear of Larry's death.I always looked forward to seeing him and his displays. We sold and traded guns to each other over three decades. Las Vegas won't be the same without him.
Posted By: Dwight Beske Re: Larry Shelton - 11/09/18 11:40 PM
I met Larry about 6 years ago at the Las Vegas January antique arms show. I bought a few guns from him and we always talked more about hunting than the guns. Really great guy and I will miss him at the show.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com