doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Lloyd3 Ticks and tick prevention - 07/01/18 09:07 PM
After 44-months of nearly continuous treatment, I have finally been cleared of my Lyme's Disease (which went undiagnosed for 11-years, almost killing me first). After I was in for a final check-up in May, my lymes-literate sawbones admitted that only about 20% of his patients ever achieve that end. Most have components of the disease that have to be managed....until end-of-life. My health has improved dramatically since those early days of May; I've lost almost 40 lbs, I'm walking 15 to 20 miles a day (w/the dog, of course) and I've re-entered the workforce again. A gift from God, right? Well, yes...and no. My marriage has been badly damaged by the many years of an almost total disability and late-stage....Lymes psychosis, which is the devastation the disease does to your cognitive skills (and which absolutely nobody warns you about). Severe loss of executive function and being easily frustrated leads to unwarranted outbursts (look up Lyme psychosis & Lyme rage sometime) and a thoroughly oppressive atmosphere at home. My spouse and I are working through all that now (please pray for us!) and I finally have a glimmer of hope (our 33rd anniversary was last Thursday, hopefully it won't be our last).

Forgive me for venting here but it leads to my next question...I was visiting my brother in New Hampshire last week and even after being very careful where I went and what I did, I was awoken Friday morning by a deer tick crawling up my neck while in bed. I know about Permethrin and Deet, are there other options that folks use to keep these now-dangerous little bast*rds at bay? I'm headed to Minnesota next week and I don't want any more surprises.

Posted By: DAM16SXS Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/01/18 11:05 PM
Lloyd, there will always be ticks and there will always be Lyme Disease.
You are truly blessed by having shaken it entirely!

All you can do is use those nasty chemicals you refer to to minimize exposure but there's no way you can ever be entirely tick-free when you go out into the woods and fields where these little bast*rds live. Perform personal tick checks (including with a mirror for those hard to see areas) every time you come out of the field. Tick checks with a wife or girlfriend can be a lot of fun.....
Posted By: gunut Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/01/18 11:53 PM
I gave up spring turkey hunting because the tics for the last 10 to 15 years have taken over central/northern Wisconsin.....not quite as bad in the fall but like to wait for a couple hard frosts....and really prefer to hunt grouse in western Wisconsin these days....not as many birds but fewer tics....and hunt phez in SE Wisconsin with far fewer.....don't remember tics being no where near as bad from my youth [60s] into the late 90s....
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 12:04 AM
I dose my clothes with permethrin and use any good deet based bug spray on my skin. I also use a thermacell when the skeeters are out. I think it provides relief from not only skeeters, but ticks and sand gnats or no see-ums as well.

I still get a tick now and then. Don't think I'll stay home which is all else I can think of...Geo
Posted By: Boats Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 12:19 AM
I have Alpha Gal from the Lone Star tick, two of my friends too. It’s not nearly as bad as Lyme, Alpha Gal produces a strong reaction to meat from mammals . Avoid meat no issue, eat meat you can be in big trouble.

Best preventive routine is avoiding ticks. They can’t fly and can’t jump. Attach themselves to you when you brush against a plant the tick has climbed. On your body they climb until they have to stop. If you get him off right away chances of infection much less.. I also take two Doxcycline pills, prescription from my GP. This is recommended by the CDC

And strong repellent, however my experience with replent is not all that good. Problem is you dose heavy when going in the woods, just as likely to pick up a tick close to home.

Boats
Posted By: bbman3 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 12:35 AM
I live in Georgia and 77 years old and stay in woods a lot.I use no tick sprays etc and just got a tick off my left leg.i have been very fortunate so far. Bobby
Posted By: GLS Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 12:38 AM
My hunting clothes are sprayed with Sawyer's Permethrin. I use glow-in-the-dark 98% Deet on neck, ears and face. I wash my clothes infrequently during hunting seasons and re-spray with Sawyers. I haven't had a tick attach in several years. Seresto collars for my dogs. I use a Pro Tick Remedy tool that I carry in my wallet permanently for those times when one digs in. It also works great on my dogs.
Every few years, I buy these by the half dozen from Amazon for friends and family.

Posted By: Hammergun Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 01:55 AM
You guys should try Picaridin repellent. As effective as Deet but nicer to use. You can treat clothes and it remains effective after 5 or 6 washings. Won't damage gun stock finishes either. I used it in africa and if it worked there, it will work anywhere. Best of luck to you Lloyd.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 02:08 AM
I don't know how well it would work on clothing, or if it would be safe, but there is a product called Bifenthrin that is unbelievably good on ticks. I spray it around my house, shrubbery and areas of my lawn where we walk our little Yorkshire terrier. There is a little road through the woods that my wife walks him down every afternoon, and she used to have to pick ticks off him nearly every day. I spray that road every six months with Bifenthrin and it keeps them gone. Hasn't been a tick on him since I started spraying it. I spray the eaves and no wasps build nests around my house anymore, the spiders don't make cobwebs all under the carport and porches, and there are no fleas or ticks.

It's manufactured from an extract of chrysanthemum flowers.

SRH
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 02:20 AM
Cutter makes a product called gear guard. It lasts a few weeks on your hunting clothes.. I have never had a issue with any type of bug crawling on me while using it. When I don't here in south GA they find me and let the red bugs and other critters know that I am an open chubby target
Posted By: Jolly Bill Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 02:42 AM
Be aware that while mowing your lawn along side and under trees and bushes, they can drop down the neck of your shirt and attach to your body. I suspect I got one this way earlier this spring and a friend of mine got one that way about 3 weeks ago.
Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 03:12 AM
Good to hear that you licked Lyme disease Lloyd, but I understand your concern about going through it again. I think some people just attract ticks more than others, but have no explanation for it. Like Bobby, I spend a great deal of time in woods and weeds, and I live in the country where every walk to the mailbox puts me at risk, but only found ticks on myself a few times. However, I did find two on my chest one day during this past deer season when I was sitting on a log cooling off after removing clothing to shed a thermax undershirt on an unusually warm day. And who could even spot the little bastards when they are in the nymph stage?

I hear about more and more people getting infected, and it seems there are a lot of undiagnosed cases. Worse yet is the fact that it seems to take a special doctor who is adept at even diagnosing Lyme. One lady I know went undiagnosed for over a year after suffering a range of symptoms. But she also told me that she had gone to the doctor when she developed a large bullseye rash on her back shortly after clearing some weeds in her yard. Her doctor told her the rash was nothing to worry about, so the Lyme disease became more severe and more difficult to treat as a result of ignorance of one of the classic symptoms. What then, are our chances if we happen to be asymptomatic? There was a human Lyme disease vaccine called LYMErix that was over 90% effective, but it was discontinued. You can get your dog vaccinated, but not yourself.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 03:20 AM
Lloyd, glad to hear you are feeling better. Sure hope you get to have a few more anniversaries.

I got Lymes last year. Working around a horse barn and noticed I’d been bit by something I’d scratched off before I knew what it was. Developed the classic bulls eye. Saw my doctor five days later and she didn’t wait for the test results. Full bore antibiotics for three weeks. All gone. Fast action helps a lot.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 03:30 AM
Really glad to see you posting again, Lloyd. Best of luck with your struggles and your health.
I'm hoping for the very best for you.

Your LOTWs buddy,
Ted
Posted By: GLS Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 10:03 AM
Lloyd, wishing you best of luck with staying on track healthwise and as Ted put it, struggles. I recently read a quote by George Santayana that "life is not a spectacle or feast, it is a predicament." Best, Gil
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 10:36 AM
Though I knew Lyme disease could be life threatening I never knew of the psychosis that can come with a long battle with it. Thanks for updating us on yourself, and for the education on the horrible symptoms. Working outside everyday, in and around brush and crops, I am constantly exposed. I will be more careful. A field of corn can host millions of ticks. I have walked into one at tasseling stage, for just a few yards, exited, and had them crawling all over me. Brushing against the corn leaves is a perfect chance for them to grab ahold of you.

Best wishes for a complete recovery, and a marriage stronger than ever. Prayers are being, and will be offered.

SRH
Posted By: fallschirmjaeger Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 11:36 AM
Gamehide makes a product called "Elimitick". This clothing line uses a Permethrin impregnated fabric and seems to work quite well. They make hats, socks, shirts, coats, gloves and pants out of the Elimitick fabric. Last I checked, it comes in tan/brown or in camo patterns. I use this in turkey season, archery season and early goose season without any Deet applications and it seems to work quite well. I can't say I've ever had a tick on me while wearing it. This technology is very helpful when archery hunting in thick deer (and tick) laden brush and when you do not want to apply insecticides, which may cause a wary buck to catch your scent. Anyways, this fabric is soft and not exceedingly tough wearing, so it will certainly not hold up to the rigors of hunting birds in thorny brush. However, it could be worn as a base layer under protective clothing. I do believe they offer tight fitting base layer garments out of the fabric as well. It's not exceedingly cheap, but medical treatments aren't either. The Permethrin is supposed to last something like over 100 washings. Sadly, if you're hunting on a hot October day, I think you'll be in trouble...stick with double Deet and a t-shirt.

Best of luck Lloyd...

https://gamehide.com/product-category/elimitick-hunting-clothing/
Posted By: docbill Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 01:03 PM
There is a service available that will treat your clothes with permerthrin. The military uses it for their BDUs/field uniforms. The test data says after treatment it is effective for 70 washings.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 01:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Boats

If you get him off right away chances of infection much less.. I also take two Doxcycline pills, prescription from my GP. This is recommended by the CDC

Where I live in northern WI, it's more or less Tick Central--and my GP makes the same recommendation if I find a tick that's attached.
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 02:29 PM
In my high school days, I worked Summers for International Paper Co. injecting hardwoods with 2,4-D in pine forests. They provided us with flowers of sulfur to dust around our boot tops and britches legs and waist to prevent ticks from getting on us. As I recall, we never had a single tick on any of us.
JR
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 02:50 PM
A little light reading for those who may be curious:

https://lymeconnection.org/news_publicat...-and-the-brain-

Peripheral neuropathy

Loss of executive function

Easily frustrated

Rage episodes

Also, most doctors know almost zero about the disease and the tests they prescribe are completely useless. You need to find a "lyme-literate" physician who uses the Igenex labs regimen. Horowitz's book "Why Cant I get Better?" will get you on the right path. There are exactly two doctors here in Colorado that are credible (there were three, but one died).
Posted By: GLS Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 03:42 PM
Hopefully the medical science has progressed since the publication of this extensive article about the controversy in the medical profession re: Lyme's disease.
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2013/07/01/the-lyme-wars
Posted By: ed good Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 03:55 PM
like gilda said, "its always something"...

wishing you continued recovery and good health...
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 04:46 PM
Originally Posted By: Lloyd3
After 44-months of nearly continuous treatment, I have finally been cleared of my Lyme's Disease (which went undiagnosed for 11-years, almost killing me first). After I was in for a final check-up in May, my lymes-literate sawbones admitted that only about 20% of his patients ever achieve that end. Most have components of the disease that have to be managed....until end-of-life. My health has improved dramatically since those early days of May; I've lost almost 40 lbs, I'm walking 15 to 20 miles a day (w/the dog, of course) and I've re-entered the workforce again. A gift from God, right? Well, yes...and no. My marriage has been badly damaged by the many years of an almost total disability and late-stage....Lymes psychosis, which is the devastation the disease does to your cognitive skills (and which absolutely nobody warns you about). Severe loss of executive function and being easily frustrated leads to unwarranted outbursts (look up Lyme psychosis & Lyme rage sometime) and a thoroughly oppressive atmosphere at home. My spouse and I are working through all that now (please pray for us!) and I finally have a glimmer of hope (our 33rd anniversary was last Thursday, hopefully it won't be our last).

Forgive me for venting here but it leads to my next question...I was visiting my brother in New Hampshire last week and even after being very careful where I went and what I did, I was awoken Friday morning by a deer tick crawling up my neck while in bed. I know about Permethrin and Deet, are there other options that folks use to keep these now-dangerous little bast*rds at bay? I'm headed to Minnesota next week and I don't want any more surprises.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/01/lyme-disease-carrying-ticks-are-now-half-all-us-counties

https://qz.com/441583/lyme-disease-is-spreading-faster-than-ever-and-humans-are-partly-to-blame/

It seems that one of the causes of the increasing spread of lyme disease is climate change.

I recall you support the party that denies climate change.

Nature is not without a sense of irony right?
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 05:11 PM
nca225: This makes you happy?
Posted By: ed good Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 06:31 PM
225: shame on you...
Posted By: GLS Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 07:16 PM
nca225, there's a time and place for everything and this isn't the time.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 08:18 PM
My local Bass Pro stopped carrying Repel brand and I was talked into using the Sawyers brand (to be fair I only tried the Sawyers in
a pump spray Not the arisol) ...I did get a few ticks on me. Another thing I did not like about the Sawyers brand is the strong chemical smell that lasted and lasted and lasted.

I went back to Repel and if your clothes are properly treated I have yet to get a tick and I spend upwards of 30 plus days in the turkey woods each spring some of which I spend napping at the base of a tree.

Some might not believe it but ticks will get on you in sub zero temperatures if you sit on the ground and warm them up....just an old wise tale that a hard freeze kills ticks or has an effect on their numbers.

Some speculation that Lyme disease originated in a military lab on an island right out from Lyme Connecticut and it was developed by the US Military as a weapon.
Posted By: docbill Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 08:22 PM
One of the factors in Lymes spread is the deer population. There are more deer around now than before Europeans arrived.
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 08:23 PM
Look up Operation Paperclip and Dr. Eric Traub sometime. The Plum Island (Animal Disease Center) sits just off of the Connecticut coast.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 08:26 PM
My middle son did a lot of research on ticks in college and as a postgrad. They are as hardy as they can be. -10 to 120 degrees for most ticks can be easily survived. Extreme wet or dry makes no difference. Most chemicals do not bother them. With females producing 3,000-6,000 eggs rapid population growth is always right around the corner. And they happily accept ant warm blooded mammal as a food source. A very tough little arachnoid. Insects you can bait, but not arachnoids. Fresh host or meals only.

In his lab they raised different types of ticks. Sometimes times would have a million ticks in the fridge or light freezer. Use to make my skin crawl to go into that lab. He was trying to see what environment stresses made ticks weaker and what chemicals were more effective under different conditions. That way your chemical controls could be more effective. He will tell you if ticks have souls he is dambed because he figures he has killed millions if not tens of millions of them.

Since baby quail are an excellent way to reduce tick numbers, they eat them like candy, I think the Federal Government needs to spend countless millions oo billions of dollars on reintroducing quail back into their native range as a natural, chemical free way to reduce ticks and all the tick born diseases they spread. The first thousand birds can be released on my farms, followed by repeated releases to bring bird numbers up and tick numbers down. No more than a decade or two will be needed to see if the program works. As a test of its effectiveness I’ll harvest birds in the Fall and check myself and dog for ticks. If any are found we can increase the number of quail released next year. Might need other volunteers to help with this important study. I’m sure others here will volunteer in the name of the children and science.
Posted By: GLS Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 08:42 PM
Georgia Southern has a tick research facility and has the United States National Tick Collection. Eat your heart out Harvard. What a distinction for the 'Boro. http://cosm.georgiasouthern.edu/usntc/ A buddy's farm was studied for tick population and the researcher put a quantity of dry ice on a blanket and dragged it through the woods and left it for hours and came back. The blanket was covered with ticks. They are attracted to CO2 which is the component of dry ice.
Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 10:30 PM
Originally Posted By: nca225

It seems that one of the causes of the increasing spread of lyme disease is climate change.

Originally Posted By: Lloyd3
nca225: This makes you happy?

This is precisely the kind of crap that makes nca225 happy.

And it is the reason that if I had a choice between living with ticks or Liberal Left Democrats, I'd choose the ticks every time.

By the way, climate change and sub-freezing temperatures has little or nothing to with survival of ticks. They survive quite nicely under a bed of leaves under the snow, and do even better when they are nestled on a warm deer hide. I've had dozens of them drop off of deer I shot in sub-freezing, and even sub-zero temperatures, when I hang them to cool and bleed out before processing.

http://www.hiltonratcliffe.com/the-myths-of-man-made-climate-change/

And for all you Southerners, here's a link with information from NOAA documenting how Winters in Georgia have been getting colder in recent years, with more ice and snow:

http://ready.ga.gov/pressrelease/winter-forecast-projects-colder-and-wetter-weather-conditions/
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 11:19 PM
Originally Posted By: GLS

I am astounded by nca's post, and I can't believe that it represents his true feelings. Losing the 2016 Prez election has unhinged the liberals in America. I've posted before: Liberals and conservatives no longer disagree with one another, they hate each other...Geo
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/02/18 11:53 PM
Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern

I am astounded by nca's post, and I can't believe that it represents his true feelings. Losing the 2016 Prez election has unhinged the liberals in America. I've posted before: Liberals and conservatives no longer disagree with one another, they hate each other...Geo

Give a man enough rope and he'll hang himself.........

Don't be astounded, Geo. It's their nature. I don't hate them..........I hate what they stand for.

SRH
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/03/18 12:27 AM
Show me what a man stands for, what he believes, and what issues forth from his mouth, and I'll show you who he is.
JR
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/03/18 10:24 AM
Georgia Southern has a tick research facility and has the United States National Tick Collection. Eat your heart out Harvard. What a distinction for the 'Boro. http://cosm.georgiasouthern.edu/usntc/ A buddy's farm was studied for tick population and the researcher put a quantity of dry ice on a blanket and dragged it through the woods and left it for hours and came back. The blanket was covered with ticks. They are attracted to CO2 which is the component of dry ice.

I saw them using dry ice to check the population levels of ticks on a TV show years back...I don't doubt it being true but its' hard to imagine that's how they are attracted to prey.

A good buddy of mine told me he saw on the news earlier this year where there are some new tick borne diseases that almost make Lyme look like a bad cold.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/03/18 10:36 AM
Originally Posted By: Stan

Don't be astounded, Geo. It's their nature. I don't hate them..........I hate what they stand for.

SRH

Their goal is the destruction of the United States any way they can.

Planned parent hood...originally thought up to control the black and poor and uneducated population.

That goes had in hand with open boarders...destroy a country from within or demolish their culture.

I'll say it I hate their damn guts and I'm proud of it.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/03/18 01:58 PM
Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe

SRH

Their goal is the destruction of the United States any way they can.

Planned parent hood...originally thought up to control the black and poor and uneducated population.

That goes had in hand with open boarders...destroy a country from within or demolish their culture.

How is having to deal with more unwanted babies going to help us? I support pro-choice movement and distribution of free contraceptives.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/03/18 02:05 PM

Some speculation that Lyme disease originated in a military lab on an island right out from Lyme Connecticut and it was developed by the US Military as a weapon.

Yes indeed . . . ran across those facts when I worked for the CIA. AIDs was also a biological warfare experiment gone wrong, which we then turned loose on the country's gay and black communities. Just ask Maxine Waters for verification. She'll also tell you that the CIA was responsible for the crack epidemic in the ghetto.

For people who claim they don't like liberals, some folks here can certainly suck up liberal hogwash by the gallon.
Posted By: eeb Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/03/18 02:11 PM
To the Progressive an unwanted baby is nothing more than an unwanted tick and is treated as such. The progressives have reduced themselves to espousers of death at their convenience. What a platform.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/03/18 02:46 PM
I never understood a philosophy built on hate, envy, hypocrisy and so many double standards which has become the Liberal viewpoint. The right is not perfect by any means but I accept their message that people need to be allowed to succeed on their own merits as well as fail. You can not have decades to a century long affirmative action or government action without end. After awhile people need to accept their results instead of blaming others.

Politics is all about money. You can stir up more money if you can play off one group off against another and make the contrast well defined and refuse to work with them. The only important thing to elected officials is to stay in power not fix things. So the Liberals have taken over the Democratic Party and seem to like making their members all think they are victims and those who don’t agree with their every view are suppressors.

People who hate others because they are more successful and tell themselves selves and others it’s all because of unfair advantages. They refuse to accept most things come with hard work, sacrifice, education of skills which have real world value, not a price of paper which claims you are an expert. People who hate other races but then get pissed when they think others are being racist towards them. The hypocrisy of a woman’s right to abortion whenever they choose but then those same people are so violently oppose to the death sentence. The hypocrisy of being outraged when children are separated at the border but would have had no problem had the mother aborted that same child before birth.

These same people want to riot when they loose an election. Want to ignore laws which they don’t like. That want free stuff and don’t care who pays for it as long as they get what they want. That want to take away from the “rich” to distribute as they see fit. Well screw you. I did not see you studying hard, paying for an education out of my own pocket because at the time I was not a minority, not given a free ride and at the time did not get government paid educational monies. I later did not see you serving in the military to protect this country. Most “rich” people worked hard for their money. Paid taxes on everything they have. They did not cry for free, cry for more. They just want government to do its job to protect them, not tell them what to think and how to run their lives.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/03/18 02:46 PM

And......?
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/03/18 02:57 PM
....yet by being Pro-birth you keep on f ucking yourself.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/03/18 03:04 PM
Bon and Angus had this figured out back in ‘79.

Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/03/18 04:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Jagermeister

And......?

And.....? Why that's an easy one Jagermeister.

And you will never have to worry about getting Lyme disease because you don't hunt, and you don't own any double shotguns, and you won't be out shooting any birds. And unless there is an infestation of ticks at your local gun shop where you do your drooling and tire-kicking and placing guns on Layaway without ever completing the purchase, you won't have anything to worry about in the future... except being a pathetic internet fraud. Now why don't you go abort yourself since you have nothing to offer.
Posted By: ed good Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/03/18 04:47 PM
wow, dat keetee is such ah sweetee...

locked up an awl like he is on dis hot day in lewisburg, pa...
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/03/18 05:44 PM
Originally Posted By: keith
Originally Posted By: Jagermeister

And......?

And.....? Why that's an easy one Jagermeister.

, you won't have anything to worry about in the future....

Correct being foreign-born I have more rights in this country than you do. Please refer to the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/03/18 06:22 PM
That's not what I said Jagermeister. Do you really want to manufacture and edit quotes? Isn't it bad enough just being a pathetic loser who is reduced to lying about guns you don't really own, and pretending that you actually own one lousy double shotgun?

Apparently the Civil Rights Act of 1964 gives you the right to be an idiot. Congratulations. The topic is ticks and Lyme Disease.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/03/18 07:56 PM
Originally Posted By: L. Brown

Yes indeed . . . ran across those facts when I worked for the CIA. AIDs was also a biological warfare experiment gone wrong, which we then turned loose on the country's gay and black communities. Just ask Maxine Waters for verification. She'll also tell you that the CIA was responsible for the crack epidemic in the ghetto.

For people who claim they don't like liberals, some folks here can certainly suck up liberal hogwash by the gallon.

Ever notice how liberal idiots spin the wheel...

Hey dummy Lyme disease is spead by bugs not faggots.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/03/18 08:43 PM

Ever notice how liberal idiots spin the wheel...

Hey dummy Lyme disease is spead by bugs not faggots.

Guess you missed that the connection I made was gays/AIDs, not Lyme/AIDs Joe. Expect here in northern WI, which is pretty much ground zero for ticks, we kinda know what spreads Lyme. And a lot of folks on this BB also know what you spread. And now you can't even get past the Dick & Jane level. Nor past urban legends about the govt turning various diseases loose. Never a good idea. Hard to control the result.
Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/03/18 10:17 PM
Hey jOe, here's a few links about some real biological warfare experiments the government performed on U.S. citizens during the Cold War.

http://www.businessinsider.com/biological-agents-were-tested-on-the-new-york-city-subway-2015-11

https://priceonomics.com/how-the-us-government-tested-biological-warfare-on/

https://www.nytimes.com/1995/03/23/opinion/it-can-happen-here-and-did.html

https://www.democracynow.org/2005/7/13/how_the_u_s_government_exposed

But don't forget that Larry Clown is a brilliant ex-Intelligence analyst who knows more than all of us combined. If the Army could turn Larry's bullshit and pomposity into a weapon, we'd be invincible.

Oh crap... I just did the unpardonable! I insulted Larry for insulting you. Larry is one of the special people that our Thread Police have no problem with when they hurl insults. You won't see Gladys Kravitz or BrentD complaining about Larry. You and I aren't one of the chosen few... thank God for that!
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/03/18 10:40 PM
Mr.Brown we all know what you spread...

Muzlim love..and no one is buying it.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/04/18 01:57 PM
I see no reason to hate someone because of his or her religion. Throughout history, millions of people have died in wars started because the other side worshipped a different god . . . or the same god in a different way. Next time you go to church, Joe, ask the preacher if you're supposed to hate your Muslim neighbors. Or your Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, Hindu, atheist, whatever else neighbors.

Hate is not the thought we should keep in mind on the day we celebrate the anniversary of this great republic, which is founded on freedom of religion.
Posted By: gjw Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/04/18 02:17 PM
Quote from Der Fuhrer, keith "But don't forget that Larry Clown is a brilliant ex-Intelligence analyst who knows more than all of us combined. If the Army could turn Larry's bullshit and pomposity into a weapon, we'd be invincible"

Well mister Big Mouth, he served to protect and defend this country. That includes your rights as well as jOe or anyone else who is a citizen of this great nation

What have done? Not a damn thing. Okay, so your in the NRA, so am I (a Life Member, as well as my wife). That doesn't mean you put your life or personal comfort ahead of your country, he did.

And as far as your beloved "Thread Police", if it were up to you, only those who agree with you would be on this board. So why don't you go start your own country and you can rule it just like the former USSR or Nazi Germany.

Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/04/18 03:41 PM
Crybaby Gregory, why are you attempting to change the subject? Larry Clown was once again denigrating, mocking, and name-calling jOe. That is something that our Thread Police say deeply offends them, and drives people away from this site. Then he went further in his lame attempt to humiliate jOe by mocking any notion that the government ever did bio-warfare experimentation on U.S. citizens. I suppose I could have included several more things like exposing soldiers to nuclear radiation or even injecting people with plutonium during the Manhatten Project.

But hypocrites such as the Thread Police are, they are totally silent when one of their "Bro's" like Larry engages in the same behaviors that would have them, and you, crying to Dave and demanding censorship.

I appreciate Larry's military service to this country, and I appreciate yours as well. But that doesn't change the fact that you are both pompous hypocritical idiots here and now. Given what Larry shows us here, he couldn't have been very competent as an intelligence analyst, in my opinion. But I'm sure he drew a taxpayer funded paycheck and pension anyway. I seriously doubt if either of you would have volunteered to do it for free, just because you're such great guys and patriots. I seem to recall you recently criticizing LeFusil for his service to this country. His service wasn't good enough for you, so you felt the need to denigrate him and anyone else who served in the same capacity. It's too bad the military didn't train you to not be a jackass.

Have a Happy 4th of July Gregory. Try not to get your tears on the fireworks.

Posted By: gjw Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/04/18 03:51 PM
So...did or did you not serve? I doubt you could handle one day in the service with that mouth of yours.

Oh, they did train me to be a jackass.....too guys like you.
Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/04/18 04:03 PM
Originally Posted By: gjw
Oh, they did train me to be a jackass.....too guys like you.

Mission Accomplished crybaby! Proud to be a jackass... it figures.

Posted By: gjw Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/04/18 04:09 PM
So, you can't even answer a simple question. Did or did you not serve?
Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/04/18 04:23 PM
I've answered this same question from you in the past, but you are apparently too stupid to remember. I did not serve in the military.

LeFusil did serve in the military, but that wasn't good enough for you, so you felt the need to denigrate him and everyone who served in the same capacity. You seem to think that guys like you and Larry should get a pass to be pompous jackasses because you enlisted. Would you have done it for free? I doubt it very much.

And none of this changes the facts here. Larry was flat wrong, and had his facts wrong once again. But he would never think to man-up and apologize to jOe. I'm sure he saw my post because he only pretends to IGNORE me like a menstruating woman. Larry engaged in behavior that our Thread Police find very offensive, but you will never hear a peep from them and never see them crying to Dave and calling for his banishment or censorship.

Why, it might even motivate them to start some crybaby "Farewell Thread" where they stomp their feet and cry, and tell everyone why they have to leave forever... except they really don't go away.

If you can't give a rational explanation for that hypocrisy, go cry to someone else.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/04/18 04:25 PM
There are a lot of ways to serve your country besides military service, Greg.

Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/04/18 04:31 PM
Thank you for your Military Service L.R.

Happy 4th to you and yours.
Posted By: gjw Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/04/18 04:34 PM
Thought so. I'm so glad your right all the time. I don't really care about LeFusil's service, but at least he did serve, unlike you.

Anyway, bye.
Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/04/18 04:44 PM
I didn't think you'd be able to answer my question.... neither you, nor any of the other whiners, Thread Police, and self-appointed Moderators.

I'm so glad your right all the time.

I'm not right all the time. I've admitted being wrong here a number of times... something we'll never see from you or Larry.

By the way, it's "you're"... not "your"... as in, You're such a crybaby hypocrite Gregory, and it shows in many of your posts.

It's a holiday, and I've wasted far too much time with you.
Posted By: ed good Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/04/18 04:45 PM
keet: you gotta learn win to hold erm an win to fold erm...
Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/04/18 04:48 PM
Thanks for your service too Ed... Four Star General in the Army of Trolls.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/04/18 05:19 PM
5 star...
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/04/18 09:13 PM
The difference from other kinds of service--and this difference would include my CIA time--is that once you enlist in the military, your derriere belongs to Uncle Sam. You can't quit, you can't choose one war but reject another one, etc. It's a blank check. That's why military veterans fall into a different category than those who've served this country in other ways. I'm always amazed at how some otherwise intelligent people can't quite grasp that distinction.
Posted By: gjw Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/04/18 09:24 PM
The difference from other kinds of service--and this difference would include my CIA time--is that once you enlist in the military, your derriere belongs to Uncle Sam. You can't quit, you can't choose one war but reject another one, etc. It's a blank check. That's why military veterans fall into a different category than those who've served this country in other ways. I'm always amazed at how some otherwise intelligent people can't quite grasp that distinction.

Well said!

Happy 4th Col

Best,

Greg
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/05/18 01:42 AM

Well said!

Happy 4th Col

Best,

Greg

I could not agree more. You both took the oath and did your duty. Today of all days, I appreciate your service...Geo
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/05/18 10:14 AM
I salute all those who wore (or wear) the uniform and have served honorably.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/05/18 10:46 AM
This post is about ticks you dummy.

Why don't you go roll in a bed of ticks with the loving Muzlims you so dearly love and defend.

Myself I'm glad you are not evolved in anything to do with the cIa or what ever orgAnization you screwed up.

Liberal idiOts like you are why our great country got as screwed up as it has.
Posted By: tut Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/05/18 11:41 AM
Back to the original post, my neighbor had full blown Lyme. Got it while camping with the Boy Scouts several years ago. Ruined his marriage and he is on full disability now. Also had symptoms of Lyme Rage. One night he was overcome with rage and went outside and beat down his storage shed with a sledge hammer. Police were called and he was taken away in cuffs. He's on his own now living somewhere away from his ex wife (who is still in the neighborhood). Lyme isn't something to be messed with for sure. The few times I've had a tick really attached, I head for the local urgent care and pay my $50 bucks and get some Doxy. Small price to pay when I have seen with my own eyes what Lyme can do.
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/05/18 02:56 PM
I need to worry more about Lymes. I rarely get a tick, but when I do I usually get the bullseye rash around where it was. I just ignore it and hope for the best. It is good to know there is a pre-treatment for it...Geo
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/05/18 07:57 PM
Geo,

You may actually have it. You should get checked just in case to make sure.
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/05/18 08:39 PM
HomelessjOe McCarthy.
Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/05/18 08:41 PM
Geo,

You may actually have it. You should get checked just in case to make sure.

Geo says that he supports Trump and pro-gun Republicans. Because of that, wouldn't you rather see him get sick as proof of nature's irony or some sick Liberal karma... such as when you posted this disgusting crap in response to Lloyd telling us about his illness.

Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/06/18 03:35 AM

Geo says that he supports Trump and pro-gun Republicans. Because of that, wouldn't you rather see him get sick as proof of nature's irony or some sick Liberal karma... such as when you posted this disgusting crap in response to Lloyd telling us about his illness.

Again you assume too much keith. I didn't note any sort of satisfaction with Lloyd's condition. I merely pointed out to him that his ideology may have contributed to the circumstances under which he contracted his disease, and that falls with the realm of the literary tool called irony. Sure I may have come across as unsympathetic in my delivery, but I'm confident Lloyd doesn't want me to think of him as a victim of circumstances he helped create, albeit somewhat insignificantly. He is after all a conservative!

In fact I think I took the proper "conservative" approach here. I informed him that his behavior contributed in small part to his current predicament, and after enlightening him of that I am hopeful he learns and uses his newfound knowledge to improve his or others situation. After all, when in Rome, do as the Romans. Best of luck to you Lloyd on your newfound journey!

So why keith are you putting words in my mouth when you just went on a long rant in the toxic thread against the preacher for allegedly doing the same to you? You should try to maintain a level of intellectual consistency with this kind of stuff, don't you think?

Anyways, I still can't help but notice that again & again threads like the toxic one pop up. Doesn't that bull$h!t ever get old for you? I still can't understand why they turn on you so much when there is no daylight between any of you. Makes zero sense. Nonetheless, kudos to you, again, for confronting the board's hypocrisy head on. No one uses their head to bash through a wall of Bull$h!t like you. Both literally and figuratively.
Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/06/18 04:37 AM
I QUOTED your exact words to Lloyd Nancy-boy. 100% Exact. Unedited. I didn't include your erroneous links about climate change for the sake of brevity.

I didn't put anybody's words in your mouth except your own. My comment was MY comment. I never said that you said anything other than what I quoted from your earlier comment. That was you who noted a certain irony that a supporter of the Republican Party would contract Lyme Disease, wasn't it? Not one person who saw your earlier comment to Lloyd saw it in the disingenuous way you are attempting to frame it now. Your back-pedaling isn't working. It was quite evident what you meant by the words you posted.

Now you can compound your ignorance by showing us exactly where I accused "the preacher" of putting words in my mouth. I accused him of a number of things, but putting words in my mouth wasn't one of them.

Honesty never was one of your strong points nca225. Stupidity... yes. Poor reading comprehension... yes. Posting filthy comments about my daughters, and telling us how glad you were to do that... yes! By the way, "they" turn on me because "they" are Libtards like you, and "they" don't like it when I point out their hypocrisy, dishonesty, or support for the anti-gun Liberal Left Democrat Party. When guys with those mindsets turn on me, I know I must be doing something right.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/06/18 09:44 AM

I merely pointed out to him that his ideology may have contributed to the circumstances under which he contracted his disease, and that falls with the realm of the literary tool called irony. Sure I may have come across as unsympathetic in my delivery, but I'm confident Lloyd doesn't want me to think of him as a victim of circumstances he helped create, albeit somewhat insignificantly. He is after all a conservative!

In fact I think I took the proper "conservative" approach here. I informed him that his behavior contributed in small part to his current predicament, and after enlightening him of that I am hopeful he learns and uses his newfound knowledge to improve his or others situation. After all, when in Rome, do as the Romans. Best of luck to you Lloyd on your newfound journey!

So why keith are you putting words in my mouth

Only one that put words in your head is the socialist democratic party...
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/06/18 03:06 PM
I QUOTED your exact words to Lloyd Nancy-boy. 100% Exact. Unedited. I didn't include your erroneous links about climate change for the sake of brevity.

I didn't put anybody's words in your mouth except your own. My comment was MY comment. I never said that you said anything other than what I quoted from your earlier comment. That was you who noted a certain irony that a supporter of the Republican Party would contract Lyme Disease, wasn't it? Not one person who saw your earlier comment to Lloyd saw it in the disingenuous way you are attempting to frame it now. Your back-pedaling isn't working. It was quite evident what you meant by the words you posted.

Now you can compound your ignorance by showing us exactly where I accused "the preacher" of putting words in my mouth. I accused him of a number of things, but putting words in my mouth wasn't one of them.

Honesty never was one of your strong points nca225. Stupidity... yes. Poor reading comprehension... yes. Posting filthy comments about my daughters, and telling us how glad you were to do that... yes! By the way, "they" turn on me because "they" are Libtards like you, and "they" don't like it when I point out their hypocrisy, dishonesty, or support for the anti-gun Liberal Left Democrat Party. When guys with those mindsets turn on me, I know I must be doing something right.

From your post #517671

Drew, you said, "Please save us the smart azz come back claiming to be someone you are not."[/color]

Drew, please show us exactly where I have ever claimed to be something I'm not.

I also got a kick out of you attempting to twist my words once again, and sneaking in another personal attack in the process.

Here ya go. Your own words. Kind of detracts from the rest of your rant doesn't it?

Sorry you think I am being disingenuous. Thankfully my concern and desire to help and educate those who can't see how their choices or actions cause blowback into their's and other's lives doesn't require a sense of approval. Helping people is just the right thing to do! That's why when you and I converse I always inquire about the health of the Kiddos. Remember, its not very healthy to let diseases go untreated. (See, there's another bit of helpful advise I just doled out to you. I can't seem to help myself, I'm feeling very Chirst-like today.)

I got another bit of helpful advise for you. You seem to be laboring under a misimpression. The posters that turn on you here are not liberals. They are conservatives just like you. Its BS they treat you so poorly, but if you can start to realize that they are just like you, in many ways your own reflection, you might realize that you are all one in the same and can get along in harmony.

For instance, are you really suggesting that Major Westberg is a Liberal? I think the weight of the evidence is clearly to the contrary. Sure, he may have a more reserved manner to him while you are a fairly brutish and thuggish individual, but when comes down to choices and actions, you guys are hand in hand together all the time, just as you are with the vast majority of every other board member here.

I just don't see any differences between any of you.
Posted By: gjw Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/06/18 04:56 PM
"For instance, are you really suggesting that Major Westberg is a Liberal? I think the weight of the evidence is clearly to the contrary. Sure, he may have a more reserved manner to him while you are a fairly brutish and thuggish individual, but when comes down to choices and actions, you guys are hand in hand together all the time, just as you are with the vast majority of every other board member here.

I just don't see any differences between any of you."

You know, you are right! I guess I am like keith. I best reevaluate my actions and come to terms with that. God forbid don't want to be put in the same category with him.

Thanks for the eye opener!

Best,

Greg
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/06/18 05:09 PM
"For instance, are you really suggesting that Major Westberg ...

Best,

Greg

And the promotion!

Posted By: gjw Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/06/18 05:13 PM
Yep, from an E-8 to a 0-4. Wish I had the retirement pay!

Stay well!

Greg
Posted By: craigd Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/06/18 06:57 PM
....when comes down to choices and actions, you guys are hand in hand together all the time, just as you are with the vast majority of every other board member here.

I just don't see any differences between any of you.

Funny how that works out, you folks are all the same too. Step out a bit, diversify.
Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/06/18 06:58 PM
Well nca225, when your (sic) right, your (sic) right!

Unfortunately, once again, you are 100% wrong.

Drew made a stupid statement in the post you quoted, but he did not put words in my mouth there. Now, had he said something like, "Keith, you told us that you are an Award Winning Wine maker, so cut the crap already, your wine is made by someone else."... now that would be an example of putting words in my mouth. Another example would be the many times his paragon of virtue, King Brown, tried to tell everyone that that he was pretending to IGNORE me because I had disrespected his Dad. I repeatedly asked King to show us those words he was putting in my mouth, but he couldn't because he was simply lying once again.

Another example of putting words in my mouth was your oft-repeated assertion that I had said things about your Mother equal to the filthy things you posted about my daughters. I repeatedly asked you to show us that, but again, it wasn't possible because the only mention I ever made of your Mom was that you were so mentally ill that you were a danger to her like the Newtown school shooter Adam Lanza.

Drew did come very close to putting words in my mouth when he intentionally perverted the meaning of the acronym F.A.G.'s. But that was simply an example of him dishonestly twisting the meaning of what I had posted. It was no honest mistake because I very clearly explained and defined what it meant. I did call him and his fellow Fake Ass Gentlemen here F.A.G.'s. But I clearly did not intend to imply that they were homosexuals. Now when I call you a fag nca225, I mean that your picture should be on Three Dollar Bills. Got it?

Sometimes it is tough to include all of my fan club in one basket. But if you can't see that most of them are Libtards and FUDD's and fools who think that you can support anti-gun Liberal Left politicians and consider themselves to be pro-gun, then you are blind and dishonest. Gregory is an exception. It is very easy to look back to the time when Gregory began feeling it was his duty to hammer me. It wasn't because of my stand on Gun Rights or Conservative values. It was because he felt I was disrespecting the military service of his friend Larry Clown. He was clearly mistaken, and I do regret that he has this notion that I would ever disrespect our Servicemen and Veterans. I also regret that I have been unable to make him understand that, especially considering his support for the 2nd Amendment, the NRA, and our pro-gun President. I do disrespect Larry's overt and covert Liberalism, his unwavering defense of a religion that is largely hostile to Jews, Christians, and the U.S., and I also disrespect Larry's stupid support of lead ammunition bans. Larry would claim that he does not support lead ammo bans, but his words and his blind acceptance of junk anti-lead science say otherwise. If Gregory wishes to continue his attacks on me, I will respond. Otherwise, I am more than willing to accept that he simply misinterpreted my criticism of Larry Clown, and call a truce. His call.

I do want to thank you for being my useful idiot, and once again proving another point I have made repeatedly. I saw your erroneous post a few hours ago, but intentionally waited to see if any of the F.A.G.'s (Fake Ass Gentlemen) and Thread Police would jump in to attack you for your latest gleeful affirmation of your filthy attacks on my children.

If I had done one-tenth as much, and repeated earlier attack's on a man's children, they would be whining and crying, wringing their disingenuous hands, and notifying Dave in the hopes of getting me censored and banned from the forum.

Drew would be lecturing me about being a coward for posting filthy insults and comments about a man's family while not using my full name. He would also post some quotes from St. Ambrose or the Bible to show us his moral superiority. Old Colonel Gladys Kravitz would be in full attack mode and probably start a new Thread dedicated to getting others to pile on me. He would be PM'ing and e-mailing King and other F.A.G.'s to plan a strategy. King Brown, a man with daughters of his own, would be repeatedly posting about my "crude and foul mouthed behaviour". B. Dudley would be calling me a shit-stain, and BrentD would stupidly reply, "Yup". Dr. Wanker and Steven SDH-MT would respond by once again showing that they aren't bright enough to really IGNORE me, even when Dave provides them with a handy tool to do so.

But once again, they all show us what they are made of by their silence. They show us that they don't really care about "civility" here. They once again demonstrate their hypocrisy and their highly selective definition of "manners". Their ability to "see no evil" when you post what you did about Lloyd's illness, and your past and your latest attack on my children speaks volumes about them. I can guarantee that none of them will notify Dave or make the suggestion that everyone should IGNORE you. And just think nca225, you made that point better than anything I have said. Idiot!

Now, to get back on topic... since you have the brain of a tick nca225, do you think you could talk to them and convince them to stop biting us?
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/06/18 09:15 PM
You know if you boil that last one down some it comes across as "I'm a victim and I am entitled to something..."

Maybe I am starting to see some daylight between you guys...
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/06/18 09:16 PM

You know, you are right! I guess I am like keith. I best reevaluate my actions and come to terms with that. God forbid don't want to be put in the same category with him.

Best,

Greg

Your welcome. My apologies for mistaking your rank. For some reason I had it in my mind you were a Major, as opposed to Master Sergeant. But at least my mistake was in the right direction!
Posted By: gjw Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/06/18 09:28 PM
nca225, no problem at all. I do want to thank you for opening my eyes. I took a look in the mirror and saw keith looking back. It was a scary sight. I won't be posting anything more on or about him. I don't want to become the person he is.

Thanks again!

Greg
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/06/18 09:47 PM
nca225, no problem at all. I do want to thank you for opening my eyes. I took a look in the mirror and saw keith looking back. It was a scary sight. I won't be posting anything more on or about him. I don't want to become the person he is.

Thanks again!

Greg

Well Greg, avoiding that reflection is going to take more then just not acting like him on an internet board, which in addition to that no one has accused you of, is rather limited in scope. But I am confident you are already aware of that. Self reflection starts by looking inward at past decisions and choices made and then comparing those decisions and choices to what keith would do in those situations. That is where the journey begins, but be forewarned in your travels, for it is the not only the person, it is the ideology as well. Glad to have been of service.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/07/18 12:36 AM

Well Greg, avoiding that reflection is going to take more then just not acting like him on an internet board, which in addition to that no one has accused you of, is rather limited in scope. But I am confident you are already aware of that. Self reflection starts by looking inward at past decisions and choices made and then comparing those decisions and choices to what keith would do in those situations. That is where the journey begins, but be forewarned in your travels, for it is the not only the person, it is the ideology as well. Glad to have been of service.

This is a parody, right?

#MoVimento 5 Stelle
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/07/18 03:48 AM

Now, to get back on topic... since you have the brain of a tick nca225, do you think you could talk to them and convince them to stop biting us?

A blood sucking comunistic liberal demo'rat is a fair comparison to a tick...
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/07/18 03:57 AM
Keith do these liberal idiOts not have sense enough to know that anything they say or do will be used against them at a later date ?
Posted By: craigd Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/07/18 04:17 AM
....Well Greg....

....Glad to have been of service.

Well heck nca, thank you for your service. I'm sure you feel it's equivalent.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/07/18 04:20 AM
Originally Posted By: lonesome roads

This is a parody, right?

If that is what you take from it.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/07/18 04:27 AM
Originally Posted By: craigd

Well heck nca, thank you for your service. I'm sure you feel it's equivalent.

I’m feeling warm and fuzzy now with all this appreciation.
Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/07/18 01:00 PM
You know if you boil that last one down some it comes across as "I'm a victim and I am entitled to something..."

Really??? Is that really what you saw when you read my reply to you yesterday?

Wow, just when I think you couldn't possibly be any more stupid nca225, you go out of your way to prove me wrong. I have made it a point to not IGNORE anyone here, but if I was going to IGNORE anyone, it would be you... simply because of the time wasted attempting to answer and explain things to a complete idiot who repeatedly demonstrates near zero reading comprehension.

But I keep doing it because you are the gift that keeps on giving. Nobody provides as much proof that Liberalism is a mental disorder as you.

I'm not sorry I extended an olive branch to Gregory. I'm also not too surprised by his response. He isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, and you window lickers need to stick together. My first instinct is to tell you... just wait until he finds out what our wormy little Socialist admirer of Che Guevara and Communism really thinks of the U.S. military. But after giving it some thought, I think he probably already knows. Who he aligns himself with is better proof of who and what he is than any of his claims and pronouncements. As I said earlier, here on the Internet, you can be whatever you want to be. And you can learn as much about people as you can about double guns, if you pay attention to small details.

Keith do these liberal idiOts not have sense enough to know that anything they say or do will be used against them at a later date ?

Well, you'd think so jOe. But as you know, there are plenty other Liberal idiots around here who agree with them. Most of them try to hide it, but their Libtardism always shines through if you watch closely.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/08/18 11:17 AM
Yep, from an E-8 to a 0-4. Wish I had the retirement pay!

Stay well!

Greg

Greg, congratulations on the oak leaves! smile

Meanwhile, poor old Joe just plain doesn't seem to get it. "Intelligence", in the political/military sense, means knowing as much as possible about potential (or actual) enemies. The best parts about that: Maybe we can rely on our own men and women in uniform to speak the local language so we don't have to use locals to interpret for us. Or to explain the culture to us. When I was assigned to CIA's Africa Division, Archie Roosevelt (Teddy's grandson) was the division chief. First thing he told all of us young guys sitting in his office: "If you don't speak French, get a slot in the language school immediately!" Joe would undoubtedly miss it, but most of pre-independence Africa had been either British or French colonies. So if we added French to our English (I was fortunate because I already spoke it), we were in pretty good shape as far as being able to talk to the people we needed to talk to.

All of which can keep us from making serious blunders by not understanding the locals wherever we have boots on the ground. Which, in turn, can mean fewer Americans coming home in body bags. Shorter wars. Maybe avoiding war.

All of which makes really good sense to people who've actually served. Knowing and understanding Muslims doesn't equal "loving" them, but it sure as hell equals saving lives if we're boots on the ground in Muslim countries, fighting the bad guys.

But that's a concept way beyond Joe's ability to understand or appreciate it. Which makes me very thankful he was never in any position where American lives might have been at risk. Some people serve this country best by not serving it. Joe's at the top of the list.
Posted By: King Brown Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/08/18 12:31 PM
Just a PS to Larry's on military intelligence. A Vancouver Sikh detective, Harjit Singh, was considered by US and Canadian commanding generals in Afghanistan as "the best intelligence source in theatre," on his fourth tour seconded to the US commander General Terry. He spoke Punjabi and Urdu. He now is Canada's defence minister.
Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/08/18 12:34 PM
I want to hear our brilliant ex-CIA intelligence analyst Larry Clown tell us once again how Muslims will never have a significant impact upon the U.S.

When he made that ridiculous statement, I asked him about those big holes in the grounds in NYC where nearly 3000 Americans were killed in the worst attack on our soil since Pearl Harbor. I asked him about the billions of dollars we are now forced to spend annually on a TSA and Dept. Of Homeland Security. I asked him about the added time we are forced to endure going through airports because of the actions of adherents of the so-called religion of peace he repeatedly goes out of his way to defend.

But Larry can't possibly answer these questions without admitting he is wrong. And we all know this bloviating know-it-all could never do that. So Larry pretends to IGNORE me, because that is the easy way to avoid tough questions and the truth.

And again, none of this has a damn thing to do with double shotguns, hunting, or the tick-borne diseases we face as outdoorsmen. And again, we aren't seeing any of the F.A.G.'s and Thread Police complaining about it. I frequently wonder if Larry and Gregory win arguments with their wives or children by flouting their military service. I have often heard guys at the local VFW mocking their fellow veterans who never shut up about their service. Of course, they are in a better position to know if these guys are F.O.S. or not than I am. There are a lot of guys on this website that made the sacrifice to serve their country, but only two who can't stop bragging about it.

Edit: You'd think the Great King Brown would know that Sikhs and Muslims are two distinctly different religions. Many Sikhs have been tortured and killed by Muslims for refusing to convert to Islam.
Posted By: SKB Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/08/18 12:40 PM
Glad to hear you are now testing negative for Lyme's Lloyd....best of luck to you in the future in all your endeavors.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/08/18 01:29 PM

Edit: You'd think the Great King Brown would know that Sikhs and Muslims are two distinctly different religions. Many Sikhs have been tortured and killed by Muslims for refusing to convert to Islam.

keith, it’s Larry who doesn’t know the difference between Sikhs and Muslims. I thought King had him straightened out on the matter.

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Just a PS to Larry's on military intelligence. A Vancouver Sikh detective, Harjit Singh, was considered by US and Canadian commanding generals in Afghanistan as "the best intelligence source in theatre," on his fourth tour seconded to the US commander General Terry. He spoke Punjabi and Urdu. He now is Canada's defence minister.

Still pumping Harjit, eh, King. Fookin’ guy better learn Cinese pronto or he’s going to end up in Brussels building that imaginary EU Army. Even that would be a step up from Ottawa!

Side note: Seems our President isn’t the only one who likes to grab them by the pu$$y, eh?

Posted By: King Brown Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/08/18 01:31 PM
It pleases me, too, Lloyd. Two friends' lives were ruined by late diagnosis; it was a struggle to keep their marriages.
Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/08/18 04:29 PM
That's not the way I saw it lonesome. King frequently brings up this Harjit guy to support his little brother Larry's contention that Muslims are the salt of the earth. It is probably a result of King's racist stereotyping that makes him think all dark skinned guys with turbans are the same. But as I've said before, whenever King presents some "fact" or statistics to support his Liberal Left beliefs, it is always a good idea to check it out. I still believe he is the father of fake news. Craft of journalism, he calls it.

By the way, the Sikh guy isn't named Singh either. It's Sajjan. I also was unaware of the major sexual abuse scandal rocking the Canadian military. I guess misogyny and sexual abuse of women is bad when Mitt Romney puts their profiles in binders, but it's perfectly OK when the Liberal Minister of Defence chooses to not aggressively address it. Then there's that little thing where he admitted exaggerating his role in an offensive against the Taliban. He called himself the Architect of the offensive... But he wasn't. Next he'll be claiming to be An Award Winning Winemaker. Maybe we can blame it on Lyme disease... or Dick Cheney.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/08/18 09:13 PM

keith, it’s Larry who doesn’t know the difference between Sikhs and Muslims. I thought King had him straightened out on the matter.

Lonesome, I think you have me confused with someone else. I served where Muslims lived; the Sikhs were a long ways away, across most of Africa and a large chunk of Asia. But I've long been quite well aware of the difference. Pretty easy to tell the difference by sight as well: beard and turban. It does seem there was at least one guy in WI who didn't know the difference . . . attacked a Sikh temple apparently thinking they were Muslims.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/09/18 10:29 AM
You love them so much why the hell did you come back.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/09/18 10:33 AM
It pleases me, too, Lloyd. Two friends' lives were ruined by late diagnosis; it was a struggle to keep their marriages.

What part did Lyme disease play in their marriage ?
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/09/18 11:29 AM

What part did Lyme disease play in their marriage ?

Go back and read the first paragraph of this thread, by Lloyd.

SRH
Posted By: King Brown Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/09/18 12:38 PM
Serious psychiatric roller-coaster, joe. I marvel how my friends got through it; maybe as second marriages.
Posted By: Eis Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/09/18 04:56 PM
What was the title of this thread again, after the last five pages I've forgotten what Lloyd was saying. First two pages were informative..........
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/09/18 05:52 PM
You love them so much why the hell did you come back.

Sometimes I wonder. Just to find obnoxious, ignorant trolls like you, Joe.

But hey, like I said before, why bother learning about Muslims and their culture . . . when that's where we have boots on the ground, fighting and dying? Guess poor old Homeless can't afford a TV set. Never saw "Lawrence of Arabia". And if he did, it would never cross his mind that Lawrence and the Arab Revolt worked out so well for the British (and so badly for their Turkish enemies) because Lawrence spoke the language and understood the culture. Hard to believe that can be such a difficult concept to grasp.
Posted By: craigd Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/09/18 07:42 PM
....like I said before, why bother learning about Muslims and their culture . . . when that's where we have boots on the ground, fighting and dying?....

....spoke the language and understood the culture. Hard to believe that can be such a difficult concept to grasp.

I thought not long ago you admitted that a bunch of jihadi fund raising is done in the US? Is the fund raising done by their urban ied terrorists, or under the assumption that the culture will provide for their righteous warriors?
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/10/18 04:03 AM
What Muslim loving Larry Brown can't comprehend is the fact that Islam is the enemy of the free world.
Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/10/18 04:42 AM
Guess poor old Homeless can't afford a TV set. Never saw "Lawrence of Arabia". And if he did, it would never cross his mind that Lawrence and the Arab Revolt worked out so well for the British (and so badly for their Turkish enemies) because Lawrence spoke the language and understood the culture. Hard to believe that can be such a difficult concept to grasp.

Using Larry Clown's flawed logic, the U.S. would have been better off if Harry Truman learned to speak Japanese and understood their culture, than simply making the wise decision to drop a couple little bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki... thus saving the live of hundreds of thousands of men who would have been killed in a prolonged and bloody assault on the Japanese mainland.

To get Larry back on topic, there were very few ticks left after the bomb was dropped on Hiroshima. This is what Gay Pride used to look like before the anti-gun Liberal Left took over the Democrat Party:

Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/10/18 10:38 AM
I think I understand Larry's problem now...

He was given Lymes disease by the gay Muslim spy that was living in his house in Morocco raising his kid while LB was out in the field chastising goats in orperation "It's okay to love thy neighbors goat and eat it too"...
Posted By: 1cdog Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/10/18 01:38 PM
"Ticks & Tick Prevention" - A serious subject for people who enjoy the outdoors.

New Effort for Lyme Disease Vaccine Draws Early Fire

https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-effort-...age=1&pos=2
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/10/18 01:55 PM
What Muslim loving Larry Brown can't comprehend is the fact that Islam is the enemy of the free world.

The lessons of history are wasted on those who read only comic books. Not hard to recognize that Islam is mostly the enemy of Islam. It's a fact that the vast majority of people killed by Muslims in various conflicts around the globe are . . . other Muslims.
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/10/18 02:18 PM

He was given Lymes disease by the gay Muslim spy that was living in his house in Morocco raising his kid while LB was out in the field chastising goats in orperation "It's okay to love thy neighbors goat and eat it too"...

ROTFLMAO!
JR
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/10/18 06:20 PM

I thought not long ago you admitted that a bunch of jihadi fund raising is done in the US? Is the fund raising done by their urban ied terrorists, or under the assumption that the culture will provide for their righteous warriors?

Don't recall commenting on funding the jihad, craig--here or elsewhere. Not a smart thing to do here. People have ended up in prison as a result. And I don't know that "a bunch" of it is done here. There are plenty of wealthy Muslims in other places where they're less likely to get in trouble with the law if they donate.

But if they all paid attention to the late Bin Laden and to ISIS, they'd all be joining up. They'd all be killing Americans, wherever and however they could--which Osama said was their duty. Which goes to show that not all that many of them--especially here--really believe it's their duty. Some people who don't understand Islam put joining the jihad in the same category as fasting during Ramadan, or the daily prayers. If that were really the case, we'd have WAY more jihadis to deal with here.
Posted By: craigd Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/10/18 06:56 PM
....Osama said was their duty. Which goes to show that not all that many of them--especially here--really believe it's their duty. Some people who don't understand Islam put joining the jihad in the same category as fasting during Ramadan, or the daily prayers....

I didn’t know the big o had a pal account for donations?

Where does the all the money end up that is suppose to be for kids schools and little medical clinics? It’s my understanding that it’s okay to look the other way?
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/10/18 10:33 PM
Originally Posted By: John Roberts

ROTFLMAO!
JR

Larry knows full well that a Muslim can't love his own goat and eat it too...
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/10/18 10:43 PM
Originally Posted By: 1cdog
"Ticks & Tick Prevention" - A serious subject for people who enjoy the outdoors.

Interesting...I'm not sure how a vaccine is going to stop the spread of Lymes disease.

The anialation of the tick would help.
Posted By: irs Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/10/18 11:25 PM

Interesting...I'm not sure how a vaccine is going to stop the spread of Lymes disease.

Annihilation or analation? Two vastly different things.
Posted By: JDH Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/11/18 12:59 AM
I had my own scare with a tick bite on my thigh. Two days after tick was removed a four inch in diameter lesion appeared. Physician placed me on antibiotics for a few weeks and lesion resolved. It was a little frightening. A few weeks ago my grandson and I went fishing. The redbugs ate my rear end up. The poor boy clawed his little goober raw. As far as annihilation I think ticks and redbugs are immune to pesticides, pole reversal solar flares, climate change and fire ants. But I feel a vaccine would be a good thing for those who frequent the outdoors.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/11/18 01:22 AM
The kind of ticks I have are not immune to at least one pesticide, bifenthrin. I spray specific parts of the yard and walking trails and one spraying keeps them at bay for about 6 months. We have common deer ticks, which have white spots on them when small.

SRH
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/11/18 07:09 AM
Saturday night...

https://youtu.be/NpEfwBaBvWA

Posted By: L. Brown Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/11/18 10:26 AM
....Osama said was their duty. Which goes to show that not all that many of them--especially here--really believe it's their duty. Some people who don't understand Islam put joining the jihad in the same category as fasting during Ramadan, or the daily prayers....

Where does the all the money end up that is suppose to be for kids schools and little medical clinics? It’s my understanding that it’s okay to look the other way?

Suggest you research US laws on the subject, Craig. "Follow the money" is a time-tested way of tracking people who support terrorism. And they can end up in prison. The usual defense is an attempt to demonstrate that the donors didn't know how the money was being used.

Of course it's not only the Islamists who play that game. The IRA used to do pretty well collecting for "the cause" in Irish bars.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/11/18 10:52 AM
Originally Posted By: irs

Annihilation or analation? Two vastly different things.

I've had ticks in a lot of places but never on my "analation" that I knew about...
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/11/18 10:55 AM

Suggest you research US laws on the subject, Craig. "Follow the money" is a time-tested way of tracking people who support terrorism. And they can end up in prison. The usual defense is an attempt to demonstrate that the donors didn't know how the money was being used.

Of course it's not only the Islamists who play that game. The IRA used to do pretty well collecting for "the cause" in Irish bars.

Has the CIA ever supported terrorists ?

Don't answer that Larry the clown you might offend one of your Islamic brethren.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/11/18 11:11 AM
This might be a little off topic here but this is a link to some information about ticks.

https://www.wired.com/story/we-have-no-idea-how-bad-the-us-tick-problem-is/

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming. BTW, when you attack Larry please try to keep reason, logic and real world experience in mind as you marshal your arguments. A few of you are looking pretty foolish in your zeal to crap on him.
Posted By: DoubleTake Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/11/18 11:14 AM
I'm about 20 miles from LaCrosse.

https://lacrossetribune.com/news/local/l...=home-top-story
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/11/18 02:36 PM

Don't answer that Larry the clown you might offend one of your Islamic brethren.

Well Joe . . . if the "terrorist" concept had been in vogue back then, I expect the British could have called Washington and the founding fathers terrorists. As the saying goes: One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

The CIA supported the Contras in Nicaragua . . . until Congress made it illegal. Back in 2001, the CIA supported the Northern Alliance (and other Afghan rebels) who opposed the Taliban government, then in power in Afghanistan.

But it's way too complex for you, Joe. You'll hurt your head thinking about it. Just like there are Muslims on our side (the Iraqis who drove ISIS out of their country, for example), and the Saudis who are fighting AQAP (Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula) in Yemen. But you just can't get past the idea that the only good Muslim is a dead Muslim. Personally, if someone has to fight the Islamist terrorists, I'd rather it should be other Muslims. That means we don't need to spend as much of our treasure, and less American blood, to get the job done.

Of course if you'd like to sign up to fight the Islamists, Joe . . . nah. You'll leave that to others.
Posted By: gjw Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/11/18 03:02 PM

Well Joe . . . if the "terrorist" concept had been in vogue back then, I expect the British could have called Washington and the founding fathers terrorists. As the saying goes: One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

The CIA supported the Contras in Nicaragua . . . until Congress made it illegal. Back in 2001, the CIA supported the Northern Alliance (and other Afghan rebels) who opposed the Taliban government, then in power in Afghanistan.

But it's way too complex for you, Joe. You'll hurt your head thinking about it. Just like there are Muslims on our side (the Iraqis who drove ISIS out of their country, for example), and the Saudis who are fighting AQAP (Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula) in Yemen. But you just can't get past the idea that the only good Muslim is a dead Muslim. Personally, if someone has to fight the Islamist terrorists, I'd rather it should be other Muslims. That means we don't need to spend as much of our treasure, and less American blood, to get the job done.

Of course if you'd like to sign up to fight the Islamists, Joe . . . nah. You'll leave that to others.

Col, that was very well stated. It's hard to argue your points, but they will! You know, when I was in the first Gulf War, I met a lot of arabs/muslims of all stripes, some were a-holes, other great human beings. Some hated us, and some like the Kuwaiti's loved us. All depends. Like in Germany during and after the war, not all Germans were Nazi's, but some painted all Germans with the same brush, just like some are doing here on this thread. Good point about some of these folks going over to fight Islamists, just let someone else do it!

Again, good post on your part!

Best,

Greg
Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/11/18 08:16 PM

But if they all paid attention to the late Bin Laden and to ISIS, they'd all be joining up. They'd all be killing Americans, wherever and however they could--which Osama said was their duty. Which goes to show that not all that many of them--especially here--really believe it's their duty. Some people who don't understand Islam put joining the jihad in the same category as fasting during Ramadan, or the daily prayers. If that were really the case, we'd have WAY more jihadis to deal with here.

Here's the self-described Intelligence Analyst returning to once again contradict himself.

craigd is correct. Larry did admit that a lot of fundraising for the Jihad is done right here in the U.S. And Larry's statement above is an admission that Islam and the Koran commands Muslims to do Jihad and to kill Infidels who refuse to convert. Those who fast during Rammadan and take part in the daily prayers are being exposed to the same Koran that commands them to convert or kill infidels. If they quietly support Jihad or contribute monetarily to it, they are as complicit as the dollars collected in an Irish Bar that paid for the explosives that killed people in Ireland. The fact that many of them APPEAR to not be strong adherents to this philosophy could mean that they aren't actively involved, or it could mean that they realize that it would be stupid to actively do as the Koran commands them when they are in the minority in many of the countries they are emmigrating to. In that event, the future does not look promising when their numbers increase. Larry and Gregory would probably convert, so they'd be OK.

The fact that they kill more Muslims than non-Muslims only proves that their culture is violent, and they are more prone to kill those in close proximity to themselves. Here is a link to List of Killings in the Name of Islam in the Last 30 Days

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=Last30

This is part of the list of killings in the name of Islam maintained by TheReligionofPeace.com. Most of these incidents are terror attacks. A handful are honor killings or Sharia executions.

During this time period, there were 160 Islamic attacks in 21 countries, in which 1028 people were killed and 799 injured.

If there were that many killed in mass shootings, the same Liberal Left Loons that defend Muslims would be screaming to ban every gun on the face of the planet!

I'm just wondering why Larry repeatedly insists upon straying away from the topic of ticks and Lyme Disease, and why he doesn't start his own Thread where he and Gregory could be off-topic Muslim Cheerleaders. That would also be a great place for Larry's older brother King to try once again to convince us that the Canadian Minister of Defense is a Muslim, when he is actually Sikh. And where in hell is a Thread Police-man when you need one?

I was glad to see 1cdog's link to the article about the French Company that is working on a new Lyme Disease vaccine. Those who think it's OK to just get on Doxycycline every time you get bit by a tick aren't considering the complex symbiotic relationship we have with beneficial bacteria in our gut, and elsewhere in and on our bodies. Those of us who spend a lot of time outdoors need to show that there is still a demand for such a vaccine here.
Posted By: craigd Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/12/18 02:45 AM
....Col, that was very well stated. It's hard to argue your points, but they will! You know, when I was in the first Gulf War, I met a lot of arabs/muslims of all stripes, some were a-holes, other great human beings. Some hated us, and some like the Kuwaiti's loved us. All depends. Like in Germany during and after the war, not all Germans were Nazi's, but some painted all Germans with the same brush, just like some are doing here on this thread. Good point about some of these folks going over to fight Islamists, just let someone else do it!

Again, good post on your part!

Best,

Greg

Hey MSG, thanks as in the past for your service.

I'm of the opinion that Larry and yourself may be painting with a vague romanticized brush of the good ole days. During the first Gulf? Didn't Sadam use conventional tactics out in marginally inhabited desert? You do recall that the seventh largest military force in the world at the time was overrun in three days?

Larry's making it sound like it was good old US military tactics that the middle eastern enemy adopted. So, I guess you don't feel that at least some domestic attacks were, or may in the future be, at the hands of 'islamist terrorists'? Are we thinking we should bring muslim mercenaries to the homeland and hope for the best.

I can appreciate, and have said so of Larry's service, but he does not make a case by equivocating the intentions of the US, misguided or not, with the razor sharp focus of russian and iranian backed savages.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/12/18 10:20 AM
You're wasting your time and energy with those two they both got smacked in the head with a camel turd one too many times....
Posted By: gjw Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/12/18 10:38 AM
Hey craigd, thanks for the kind words. Anyway, as you stated the Iraqi Army was large, but it was a hollow shell. The rank and file of the average Iraqi unit were treated like dirt by the Officer Corps. No food, boots, no clean uniforms for months and no will to fight. I was in a PSYOP unit and we had hundreds surrender without firing a shot. They were glad to surrender. Even the Republican Guard Units were not that great. Some did resist, but most gave just gave some slight resistance and got the hell out of our way or were shot to pieces. Their equipment was Soviet which kept breaking down and couldn't match ours one on one or even five to one. The tactics they used were also Soviet, but they did modify them to fit desert warfare to some degree. The units that invaded Kuwait were nothing more than animals. The looting, rape and murder they did was horrible. SH needed to go period. He got his in the end.

The greatest threat to the US is Islamic terrorism. I also don't trust the Russian either, never have. Putin is just another Red Tsar trying to reform the old USSR. I think The POTUS Trump is spot on when it come to letting people in here. They need to be vetted and their backgrounds checked and rechecked especially if their from the Middle East. I thank God we have a man like Trump in office, a man of his word and he tells it like it is. Refreshing!

I wanted to point out that not ALL muslims are terrorists. It's like saying all Irish are terrorists because of the IRA. You cant's paint everyone within a group or religion with the same brush. Each group and individual needs to be looked at in their own right.

Hope this clears up some things for you.

Best,

Greg
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/12/18 10:48 AM

Larry's making it sound like it was good old US military tactics that the middle eastern enemy adopted. So, I guess you don't feel that at least some domestic attacks were, or may in the future be, at the hands of 'islamist terrorists'? Are we thinking we should bring muslim mercenaries to the homeland and hope for the best.

Craig, if that isn't a strawman, I've never put a match to one. Muslim mercenaries HERE? Right. How about the idea of Muslims fighting Muslims THERE, on THEIR turf, which reduces the likelihood of Islamist terrorist attacks here? Have we witnessed anything even remotely approaching 9/11 since we carried the fight to them on their turf? Do we currently have hundreds of thousands of American boots on the ground--or anything even remotely approaching those numbers? Helping the Muslims who oppose the radicals with much smaller numbers of American troops is working. It will be a long fight, but so far it has succeeded in protecting the US from anything like another 9/11. Currently, annual deaths from violent crime in Chicago far exceed those killed by Islamist terrorists in this country. Just to inject some perspective.
Posted By: Buzz Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/12/18 10:48 AM
Well said, Greg. Thanks.
Posted By: gjw Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/12/18 10:59 AM
Thanks buzz! Just wanted to give my thoughts, of course I'll get flamed on them. But hey, at least we're in a country were we can speak our minds regardless whether we agree or not. Thank God for our far sighted founding fathers!

Best,

Greg
Posted By: craigd Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/12/18 11:55 AM
....Just to inject some perspective.

Personally, I like this perspective better than the one you had for jOe. Of course, Greg highlighted the obvious. Vacuums are created, and the most motivated 'freedom fighters', rapers and pillagers, tend to become or align with our worst enemies if they aren't overseen with American dollars and lives.

Interesting that you used Chicago as an example in your revised perspective, and dropped the equivocation of the US with thug puppet regimes. Are you trying to say that when you take us down the political high road of psuedo decorum, that one side has got it all wrong?
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/12/18 02:34 PM
Craig, why don't you try reading what's ON the lines? You seem to be focusing on what you think is BETWEEN the lines . . . and you're way off target.

For example, where did I ever "equivocate" the US with thug puppet regimes? I referred to US/CIA support for the Contras. They were fighting the Commie Sandinistas, supported by Cuba and the old Soviet Union. US/CIA support for the Northern Alliance in Afghanistan . . . which was fighting the Taliban government, which in turn gave shelter to Al Qaeda. Looks to me like we were on the right side in both of those. You disagree?

No question that sometimes we get it wrong. Qadhafi was a thug, and we opposed him. Helped overthrow him. Only problem is: We should not be playing the regime change game when we're not pretty darned certain that the new regime is going to be better for US--as in Uncle Sam--than the regime we're trying to get rid of. Benghazi happened AFTER we got rid of Qadhafi, and Libya is now another "failed state" in that part of the world, and another potential breeding ground for terrorists.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/12/18 06:28 PM
Craig, why don't you try reading what's ON the lines? You seem to be focusing on what you think is BETWEEN the lines . . . and you're way off target.

Take it easy on craig, Larry that’s the best he can do. If you present him with information that is inconsistent with his world view, he just makes up what you said and debates that. He is talented at masking his style with pros though, it’s just he makes the mistake of writing to the level of his audience, whom lack the capacity to see it for what it is.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/12/18 06:43 PM

I also don't trust the Russian either, never have. Putin is just another Red Tsar trying to reform the old USSR.

I thank God we have a man like Trump in office, a man of his word and he tells it like it is. Refreshing!

Greg,

If it was the conclusion of our intelligence agencies that the Russians, at Putin’s directive, interfered with our election to benefit Trump, and yet you do not trust the Russians and never have, have you ever wondered why the Russians wanted Trump? And does your lack of trust for the Russians, whom actively worked to elect our president, and undermine other western democracies, ever given you a moment to consider the basis for Trump’s contempt for NATO, which, ironically works towards Russian national interests?

Seems somewhat counterintuitive.

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf
Posted By: craigd Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/12/18 06:47 PM

Take it easy on craig, Larry that’s the best he can do....

Hey Larry, you and your new friend go play nice with the other kids. I’m on nca’s chit list.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/12/18 06:48 PM
NCA--Could be, like some people who voted for Trump, that the Russians thought anyone had to be better than Hillary! smile Seriously, Putin and Hillary REALLY don't like each other.
Posted By: craigd Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/12/18 07:01 PM
....If it was the conclusion of our intelligence agencies that the Russians, at Putin’s directive, interfered with our election to benefit Trump, and yet you do not trust the Russians and never have, have you ever wondered why the Russians wanted Trump? And does your lack of trust for the Russians, whom actively worked to elect our president, and undermine other western democracies, ever given you a moment to consider the basis for Trump’s contempt for NATO, which, ironically works towards Russian national interests?

Seems somewhat counterintuitive....

How come progressive philosophers are so wordy when there isn’t much to say? You should be more thrifty, I can help.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/12/18 07:08 PM

Take it easy on craig, Larry that’s the best he can do....

Hey Larry, you and your new friend go play nice with the other kids. I’m on nca’s chit list.

No debating a strawman there thrifty!
Posted By: DAM16SXS Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/12/18 07:35 PM
Back on track.....

http://truthstreammedia.com/2017/09/09/officially-ignored-connection-lyme-disease-plum-island/

or...

http://www.publichealthalert.org/the-cre...-of-claims.html

or...

http://thefarclinic.com/blog/2017/02/15/...f-lyme-disease/
Posted By: Eis Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/12/18 09:18 PM
Thank you Dean for the links and "Hopefully" put this thread back on track............!
Posted By: gjw Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/12/18 09:41 PM

I also don't trust the Russian either, never have. Putin is just another Red Tsar trying to reform the old USSR.

I thank God we have a man like Trump in office, a man of his word and he tells it like it is. Refreshing!

Greg,

If it was the conclusion of our intelligence agencies that the Russians, at Putin’s directive, interfered with our election to benefit Trump, and yet you do not trust the Russians and never have, have you ever wondered why the Russians wanted Trump? And does your lack of trust for the Russians, whom actively worked to elect our president, and undermine other western democracies, ever given you a moment to consider the basis for Trump’s contempt for NATO, which, ironically works towards Russian national interests?

Seems somewhat counterintuitive.

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf

I don't know the extent or even if they tried to influence the election. If the Russians did, and I mean if they did. They may have thought that Trump would be a buffoon who would screw up our system and would weaken it to their advantage. There is NO solid evidence of Trump acting with the Russians. There is evidence of the Russians in bed with the DNC and Hillary's campaign. But we can go on and on, on this subject, so it's moot to continue it here.

As far as NATO goes, they do need to pay their part in this alliance, they haven't so far. They want us to defend them at our expense. The NATO members who do their part are those from the former Warsaw pact and the Baltic states, they know what the Russians are like, first hand. They want to keep their freedom and are willing to pay what their economies allow to keep it. Trump is just giving NATO a stiff kick in the ass to get them off their ass, and it's while he's not the most polished diplomat, he's getting the job done his way and is looking out after the US ahead of anyone else, as he should be.

Just my thoughts

Best,

Greg
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/12/18 10:14 PM
17 of our intelligence agencies concluded Russia was interfering with our election Greg. You seem kind of skeptical of their conclusions, is there some information that you have that they don't? Just me wondering...

BTW way, please go on and on. Evidence that the Russians were in bed with the DNC and the Clinton campaign please. I would like to review it.

As far as collusion, I think it prudent to wait and see what the Mueller investigation concludes before we start to have discussion on that topic in earnest.
Posted By: gjw Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/12/18 10:37 PM
17 of our intelligence agencies concluded Russia was interfering with our election Greg. You seem kind of skeptical of their conclusions, is there some information that you have that they don't? Just me wondering...

BTW way, please go on and on. Evidence that the Russians were in bed with the DNC and the Clinton campaign please. I would like to review it.

As far as collusion, I think it prudent to wait and see what the Mueller investigation concludes before we start to have discussion on that topic in earnest.

Hi, I don't think it would pay to go about this subject. One can google for this info to your hearts content for both sides. I support Trump and it sounds like you don't. That's fine, at least we're not calling each other names or engaging in personal attacks. Kind of nice on this forum for a change.

As to Mueller, personally I think he's a Dem hack who's out to get Trump no matter what. His "team" are all Dems and Hillary supporters, enough for me. He needs to either $hit or get off the pot and produce some evidence. He can't because there is none.

Anyway, I guess you and I are at an impasse here, so lets just let this subject drop.

Best,

Greg
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/13/18 01:42 AM
Roger that Master Sergeant
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/13/18 11:07 AM
NCA, the conclusion on Russia's meddling in the 2016 election was reached by only 3 intelligence agencies: CIA, FBI, NSA. But then if you stop to think about it, what would Coast Guard Intelligence, the Dept of Energy, or the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency have to contribute on the subject?

Re NATO, some of them are more "active" partners than others. For example, if it's a question of dealing with Islamists in North Africa, our troops are working very closely with the French. They've always been very reliable allies in Africa. And they know the region pretty well, seeing that about half the continent once consisted of French colonies. (A lot of the rest consisted of British colonies.)

And some NATO countries are of strategic value to the alliance just by virtue of geography. I remember my former MI unit commander's paper entitled "Iceland: NATO's Unsinkable Aircraft Carrier". Shortly after he wrote that, Tom Clancy's book on WW III, "Red Storm Rising", came out. In Clancy's plot, one of the first things the Russians did was drop an airborne division on Iceland.
Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/13/18 06:11 PM
Even though he was off topic once again, it was good of Larry Clown to point out the false information that nca225 posted once again.

We knew or suspected that Russia had been meddling in elections around the world for decades. Nothing new or earth shattering there. Still zero evidence that Trump colluded with Russians to cheat their anti-gun gal Hillary out of the election. Maybe they should be mad at Donna Brazille and the DNC for colluding to cheat Bernie Sanders and throw the nomination to Hillary. What we won't see from nca225, rocky mtn bill, King Brown, or any of our other very reliable supporters of anti-gun Democrats is this... The fact that Obama's State Dept. used U.S. tax dollars in an effort to influence the Israeli elections and get rid of Pres. Benjamin Netanyahu. Of course, anti-gun Democrat Bill Clinton also tried to make sure Netanyahu didn't get elected, another case of election meddling Liberals won't talk about:

https://nypost.com/2018/05/23/the-hypocrisy-of-american-election-investigations-into-israel/

Obama had also interfered in elections in Kenya (2006 as a Senator), Macedonia, Egypt, Libya, Honduras, and supported Leftist movements around the world.

Now, who would like to see Larry contribute something about ticks and Lyme Disease?
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/15/18 12:05 PM
Keith I don't know why we bother with the mentally ill...
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/16/18 06:43 PM
This has sure gone all over the place...for the record, the 33% DEET seemed to work pretty well (absolutely nobody got bitten while using it). When there was a greater risk, I wore clothing that had been treated with Permethrin and never even saw a tick. Anyway, back at home dealing with reality here.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/17/18 02:17 AM
Funny that anytime you talk about a blood sucking insect the Demo'rats and liberals show up in their defense.

Years ago we thought 33% Deet worked good and for a time it probably did...

I just wonder how long before ticks become immune to Permethrin ?

Glad your getting better Lloyd.
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/17/18 02:35 AM
Thank you Sir.
Posted By: tut Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/17/18 10:12 PM
Had nothing to do with ticks, but I spent 30 years working with the Intel Community and what Trump did yesterday was offensive to me personally in a big big way. I have had friends in the intel community who flat out died and died horribly. Blown into little pieces in places such as Khowst Afghanistan.

I've been there and I've dodged rounds and I've been scared to death. I've smelled dead bodies and recovered bodies. I have had babies of dead intel officers sitting on my lap while their mothers cried.

I supported Trump big time, but yesterday changed my opinion in a big big way. I lost sleep yesterday over what he said yesterday. Putin is a Thug and absolute Thug. I still can't believe he didn't call him out. Its wrong plain wrong and in my opinion there is no way to put this back into the bottle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_Chapman_attack

http://articles.latimes.com/2004/dec/08/world/fg-prison8
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/17/18 10:25 PM
Incidentally tut, did you watch the presidential debates during the election?
Posted By: tut Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/17/18 10:54 PM
Sure, watched everyone of them. BTW, I didn't vote for Clinton. Been a Republican for my entire life FWIW.
Posted By: Buzz Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/17/18 11:10 PM
Trump did what he did only in effort to exonerate himself. He, himself wants to get distance from the Russian connection on that election tampering/collusion thing, but that effort appears to have backfired on him. I bet most folks memories will be short on that especially since he admitted he ‘mispoke’. Rare for Trump to admit his mistakes....
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/17/18 11:58 PM
Originally Posted By: tut
Sure, watched everyone of them. BTW, I didn't vote for Clinton. Been a Republican for my entire life FWIW.

Well...then... Its great you have been a repedophile for your whole life and unquestionably voted with your tribe in the election. Perhaps if you had taken a minute to consider the obvious deficiencies of your party's candidate,( i.e. being totally in the bag for Russia at every step, in addition to denying/ignoring the intelligence briefings that were given to him as a candidate and reported on by all media but FOX), you might have taken action when it counts and not betrayed the memory and sacrifice of your deceased colleagues.

I know I'm a d!ck for pointing out the obvious, but your epiphany is too little too late, and not really welcomed by real patriots.

Real patriots did not vote for trump, and yet we still have to deal with the result of your choices.
Posted By: tut Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 12:53 AM

Well...then... Its great you have been a repedophile for your whole life and unquestionably voted with your tribe in the election. Perhaps if you had taken a minute to consider the obvious deficiencies of your party's candidate,( i.e. being totally in the bag for Russia at every step, in addition to denying/ignoring the intelligence briefings that were given to him as a candidate and reported on by all media but FOX), you might have taken action when it counts and not betrayed the memory and sacrifice of your deceased colleagues.

I know I'm a d!ck for pointing out the obvious, but your epiphany is too little too late, and not really welcomed by real patriots.

Real patriots did not vote for trump, and yet we still have to deal with the result of your choices.

Jumping to conclusions. Even though I supported Trump I didn't vote for him or Clinton either. I couldn't vote for trump after the video came out. Too much respect for women to do that. I voted for John Kasich. I couldn't pull the lever for either of the other ones
Posted By: craigd Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 01:41 AM
....your party's candidate,( i.e. being totally in the bag for Russia at every step, in addition to denying/ignoring the intelligence briefings that were given to him as a candidate....

....I know I'm a d!ck for pointing out the obvious, but your epiphany is too little too late, and not really welcomed by real patriots....

While I have an opinion the differs a bit from tut, you aren't a dick for pointing out facts. You're just a plain ole vagina for ridiculing the patriotism of one who bares their soul after doing their selfless duty in the service of the country.

Shirley you jest. What do you care about private briefings during a campaign. Your sister in arms, barak, told your real President Trump to stop his whining during the campaign, and go out and get his votes. I guess we have something in common, seems like neither of us think much about the last fellow, eh? Otherwise, you wouldn't have selective memory about the facts, when you take your soft high road.

No one in this world, let alone nato, would call out germany and condemn putin for that hypocritical oil pipeline that funds putin's agendas. On a personal note, am I ever glad that tut's mentioned non vote, didn't end up sending your gal to nato meetings and psuedo kumbaya. A slap in the face to the US intelligence community is best summed up every time barry's head of the cia opens his agenda driven mouth.

Great topic nca, it's a divided nation for very important and good reason.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 01:43 AM
I must have read your line wrong where you prefaced your statement with:

I supported Trump big time,

but if you say so.....
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 01:49 AM

Your goddamned right it is. I don't brake bread with people who overlook pedophilia and treason because you can't stomach a democrat.

Such is the comfort you get when your hand in hand with the traitor. Your no patriot either you keyboard commando you.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 01:59 AM
What do you care about private briefings during a campaign.

this deserves its own post. The question should be why didn't you care? All this was obvious if you paid attention. Although that would require you to step out of the bubble for a second though.

FYI, this is about trump being Putin's lapdog. Playing games of "what about-ism" doesn't address the issue, but then again, if I were in your position, trying to distract would be all I could do I guess.

What happened to the pros I've become accustomed to sifting through?
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 02:05 AM
Take a deep breath, nca225, and count to ten.

"We" went through eight years of a sickening presidency prior to Trump. Now, it's your turn. Suck it up.

SRH
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 02:18 AM
Russia undermined our election and our democracy.

But your response to 8 years of Barak Obama is to give our interests away to Russia?

Gee Stan, was it because of his ideas on taxes, the color of his skin or that when you think to your self, its in Russian?
Posted By: craigd Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 02:39 AM

Your goddamned right it is. I don't brake bread with people who overlook pedophilia and treason because you can't stomach a democrat.

Such is the comfort you get when your hand in hand with the traitor. Your no patriot either you keyboard commando you.

Sheesh nca, you're making it seem like I insulted a guy squeeze of yours. Enough of the faux alpha kitten, aren't you allergic to testosterone?

You shouldn't worry your teeny thong about any stomach problems that you identify with. You keep on with your talking points, it's only ever been about policy for me.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 02:42 AM
nca

You should probably calm down until Mueller iindicts someone important.

Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 03:06 AM

You people have never needed proof in order to make accusations, have you?

But your response to 8 years of Barak Obama is to give our interests away to Russia?

Still can't recognize the art of the deal, can you? Maybe after another 6 1/2 years you will.

Gee Stan, was it because of his ideas on taxes, the color of his skin or that when you think to your self, its in Russian?

None of the above...................to borrow a phrase from your epitome of the moral low ground........... "It's the economy, stupid.".

Suck it up. Whining does not become you.

SRH
Posted By: DAM16SXS Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 03:22 AM

Don't stray too far from the truth... Hillary gave our interests to Russia - for nothing else but PERSONAL GAIN. She threw our entire country under the bus with that uranium deal. Self serving, the whole lot of the Clintons, the Obamas and their ilk.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 03:50 AM
Wake the fu@k up.

http://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-...ne-deal-2017-11

Uranium One = fantasy

https://www.justice.gov/file/1080281/download

Russia interfered in our election to help elect trump = fact
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 04:00 AM
it's only ever been about policy for me.

What policy is that thrifty? Appeasement?

Sucking up to, or sucking off thugs seems to be something your a wonk on.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 04:29 AM
Where were you when your bOy Obama sucked the Russians off for 8 years...guess you missed it when Obama got caught with the microphone still on telling the Russians that his last 4 years would make things easier for them ?
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 04:32 AM
It's known fact that with today's technology a hacker can make it look like someone else did the hacking...

Why did the DNC deny the FBI access to their server ?

Then ask why the FBI just walked away ?
Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 10:16 AM
This is funny. Poor nca225 needs to explain why it has been OK for Russia to meddle in elections around the world for decades, but it only became a problem when Hillary lost.

Then she (nca225) can explain why it was OK for the DNC to screw Bernie out of the nomination in favor of Hillary. Russian meddling is bad, but DNC meddling is good???

Then it would be really amusing to hear her tell us how it was OK for Obama to spend our tax dollars meddling in the Israeli election in an attempt to defeat Netanyahu.

Now Trump is guilty of treason for talking with Putin, but it was cool for Obama to get caught on an open microphone telling the Russian ambassador he could be "more flexible with Putin after the election". How soon we forget... And how convenient too.

Libtard lies and Libtard sour grapes from someone who has the brain of a tick. Oh, did anyone notice that the real nca225 is back... The one who cannot write or spell? Ghost writer must've taken a day off.

Posted By: L. Brown Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 11:00 AM
Had nothing to do with ticks, but I spent 30 years working with the Intel Community and what Trump did yesterday was offensive to me personally in a big big way.

Bravo, Tut. You're not the only Intel Community veteran who feels that way. But we can all be proud of Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats' remarks, reaffirming that the Intelligence Community stands behind its findings on Russian meddling in our elections. If they accomplish nothing else but spreading discord in this country, that's a win for them. That's been their game forever.

Collusion . . . we've yet to see any proof. But when the CIA meddles in elections--which it did on many occasions, especially during the Cold War (to keep the Commies from coming to power via the ballot box)--the tactic certainly involved looking for local politicians with whom to "collude". In the old days, the Russians used local Communists. These days, they're harder to find. But there are plenty of willing dupes who will let the camel's nose into the tent in order to help them win an election.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 11:05 AM

You people have never needed proof in order to make accusations, have you?

Still can't recognize the art of the deal, can you? Maybe after another 6 1/2 years you will.

None of the above...................to borrow a phrase from your epitome of the moral low ground........... "It's the economy, stupid.".

Suck it up. Whining does not become you.

SRH

Stan, when we're able to identify Russian intelligence agents (by name) who've interfered in our elections, I'd say that's pretty good proof.

As for it being "the economy, stupid" . . . do you raise any corn or soybeans down there in GA? Lots of that grown up this way in the Midwest. And that segment of the economy--have you looked at the futures lately?--has taken a sharp nosedive since Trump started messing around with tariffs. Causing many farmers who voted for Trump to wonder whether those tariffs are going to hurt China worse than they'll hurt American farmers. And ag-related industries in general. My father put food on our table making John Deere tractors. Wonder how tractor and combine sales will look this year.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 12:22 PM
Oh, did anyone notice that the real nca225 is back... The one who cannot write or spell? Ghost writer must've taken a day off.

I caught that Keith. Have been chuckling for a while. It seems he gets so gosh darned worked up he can't even spell. And man, is he worked up these past few days!
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 01:33 PM
A sorta kinda on topic article in NYT today.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/18/style/ticks-lyme-disease-summer.html

Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 01:53 PM
When the US interfered in other countries' elections, it was done for what was believed to be OUR interests. Russia does not have our interests at heart. Everybody's favorite Democrat, Nancy Pelosi, asked the right question: What does Putin have on Trump? Trump may be ruining the country, but at least we still have our AR 15's.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 02:04 PM
Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
When the US interfered in other countries' elections, it was done for what was believed to be OUR interests. Russia does not have our interests at heart. Everybody's favorite Democrat, Nancy Pelosi, asked the right question: What does Putin have on Trump? Trump may be ruining the country, but at least we still have our AR 15's.

Bill, exactly like the US, when Russia meddles in foreign countries' affairs, it can be presumed they are doing it to further their own interests, whatever those may be.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 02:13 PM
So your mantra is "Do as I say do, not as I do", eh Bill?

Larry, I will reply to your post this evening. Hard for me to post lengthy posts on this phone.

SRH
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 02:17 PM
Originally Posted By: canvasback

Bill, exactly like the US, when Russia meddles in foreign countries' affairs, it can be presumed they are doing it to further their own interests, whatever those may be.

Our focus with "meddling", particularly during the Cold War, was what we felt to be the best interests of the US AND of the country in which the meddling was taking place. As in to keep them free of Communism. But meddling can be tricky. Getting rid of Qadhafi, for example, looked to be a good thing for the people of Libya. But in spite of Qadhafi's many faults, he did manage to hold the country together. Now it's basically a failed state. And that is certainly not in the best interests of the US.
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 02:38 PM
Somebody mentioned Netanyahu, another example of what happens when a thug is put in charge of a great country. The difference between him and Trump is that Netanyahu can lie in two languages.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 02:49 PM
That is all you trump supporters have. "What about this? What about that?"

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/whataboutism

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/whataboutism-origin-meaning

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

Straight from the Soviet playbook. You have zero ground to refute anything I say so you come back with some other issue or a misspelled word.

BE A MAN AND DEFEND YOUR ISSUE YOU WORTHLESS PUSS!ES.
Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 02:58 PM
So how many times have you been busted in your DNC lies here Billy?

Didn't you try telling us that Bush didn't fund teacher training when he passed No Child Left Behind? Too bad that legislation didn't help nca225. I'll bet he was one of your students.

Anti-Gun Billy's Liberal Left Fake News Democrat Lie About No Child Left Behind

You lie to us quite often here Billy. Then you run back to the Custom Rifle forum and hide under Steven's shop apron. We know you don't care for pro-gun Republicans. We all get that. Why don't you take it to some Libtard FUDD forum already where you can engage in a circle-jerk with other like minded idiots who vote for the politicians who wish to take away our gun rights?
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 03:02 PM
And the thug pussy still has nothing to refute me.
Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 03:04 PM
And here's the very Liberal Left SNOPES verifying that nca225's little faggot president Obama showed a lot more collusion with Russians and Putin than Trump ever did:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/obama-more-flexibility-russia/

I have everything to refute the transgender nca225, but unfortunately he/she has zero reading comprehension, so he/she will never understand any of it.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 03:12 PM
I have everything to refute the transgender nca225, but unfortunately he/she has zero reading comprehension, so he/she will never understand any of it.

That's just not the way you operate princess. Where are the litany of quotes you horde to attempt to prove your points?

Where is all of your reference material that you so often put up in an attempt to prompt up your ignorance as intelligence?

Nope, your silence and attempts to deflect with old news is deafening.

But as per usual, your bark is louder than your bite you little b!tch.

To bad ken61 isn't around to help you out with some big words.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 03:23 PM
Are you sure that NRA doesn't stand for the National Russian Association these days? I'd ask the board where your dues are really being spent.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/17/opinions/...ovic/index.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/17/russian-...ltrate-nra.html

Now maybe you can deflect with some other off topic issue like how a McDonald's Happy Meal is getting too expensive for your meager income.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 03:25 PM
That is all you trump supporters have. "What about this? What about that?"

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/whataboutism

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/whataboutism-origin-meaning

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

Straight from the Soviet playbook. You have zero ground to refute anything I say so you come back with some other issue or a misspelled word.

BE A MAN AND DEFEND YOUR ISSUE YOU WORTHLESS PUSS!ES.

right back at you princess. The issue is Trump and your heart felt support for the traitor.

Would it help if I posted in Russian? Would you understand it then comrade?
Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 03:30 PM
It looks as if you need to read your own links about "whataboutism" Nancy-boy.

Here's a quote for you transgender nca225... since you couldn't comprehend it the first time around. Don't waste our time anymore until you read and reply to these points. You and rocky mtn bill and Jagermeister all need to go tell someone who cares what you all think over on the Libtard Gun Forum.

This is funny. Poor nca225 needs to explain why it has been OK for Russia to meddle in elections around the world for decades, but it only became a problem when Hillary lost.

Then she (nca225) can explain why it was OK for the DNC to screw Bernie out of the nomination in favor of Hillary. Russian meddling is bad, but DNC meddling is good???

Then it would be really amusing to hear her tell us how it was OK for Obama to spend our tax dollars meddling in the Israeli election in an attempt to defeat Netanyahu.

Now Trump is guilty of treason for talking with Putin, but it was cool for Obama to get caught on an open microphone telling the Russian ambassador he could be "more flexible with Putin after the election". How soon we forget... And how convenient too.

Libtard lies and Libtard sour grapes from someone who has the brain of a tick. Oh, did anyone notice that the real nca225 is back... The one who cannot write or spell? Ghost writer must've taken a day off.

Still can't answer the questions. Still can't comprehend them... to be more accurate.

Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 03:46 PM
Wow you are persisently stupid. The issue, again, is Trump and your heart felt support for the traitor. Get a backbone and address it.

I know its hard for you to summon up any level of courage, but please just try.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 03:51 PM
Is it that you really know deep down in your heart that Trump is in Putin's pocket and a traitor whom you lovingly gave your vote to? Is that lingering question difficult for you to reconcile with you thinking your a "true american"? Well I don't feel bad for you and if I were you, I'd actually keep up your chirade for fear of being exposed as un-american. Your not going to find any comfort from this.

Patriots don't vote for traitors.
Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 04:01 PM
I think we should repeal the 22nd Amendment and allow Trump to become President For Life.

Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 04:06 PM
I think we should repeal the 22nd Amendment and allow Trump to become President For Life.

I already surmised that.
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 04:51 PM

I already surmised that.

Hey now we're talking!...Geo
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 05:46 PM
A few Republican Congress members have spoken out against Trump's recent "diplomacy". I'm sure they'll be ignored or dismissed by his base( in both senses) here. It must be easy to dismiss a notorious traitor like John McCain.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 05:50 PM
Don't worry about it Bill. These guys want a King for life. Oh how proud the founding fathers must be of them!
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 06:00 PM
nca

One would think sarcasm wouldn’t be lost on such a great parodist.

Hi, c-back!
Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 06:05 PM
nca

Hi, c-back!

True that. But it would be lost on a complete Libtard idiot.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 06:23 PM
What a lying sack of sh!t. You do want Trump for life. Don't try to hide it with sarcasm.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 06:32 PM
nca

Hi, c-back!

I guess we can be a little disappointed in each other. You know, having sworn an oath to protect the Constitution and all...
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 06:45 PM
nca

Hi, c-back!

I guess we can be a little disappointed in each other. You know, having sworn an oath to protect the Constitution and all...

Hi, King

Any ideas on what F is going to report next week? Beat and guide up? As long as they keep paying that dividend I’m not too worried.

Posted By: KY Jon Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 06:52 PM
I wish we had hard and fast term limits on all elected government office holders. Six year for President, six years in the House and two four year terms in the Senate or just one single six year term. End the need for re-elections as much as possible. No more of these elected for life politicians. Get in, do what you can and go back home. After election you should be barred from all lobby jobs and paid speaking events for ten years. End the gravy train.
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 07:02 PM
In today's gender environment, it's interesting that one man, intending to insult another as profoundly as possible, would refer to him as her. After all, what worse fate could befall someone than to be female?
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 07:12 PM
Jon, term limits are only helpful for incompetent incumbents. We can already vote them out if we want to. Government is a complicated enterprise, and having experience at it is the only way to be effective. Term limits sound good, but in the long run they only make government more vulnerable to those wanting to exploit it for their benefit. There will never be term limits for lobbyists and big donors.
Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 07:20 PM
What a lying sack of sh!t. You do want Trump for life. Don't try to hide it with sarcasm.

Hey, Trump just turned 72 years old. At best, he's probably only good for another 20 years or so. Of course, at that point, he could just hand the scepter to one of his sons.

Of course, we all know that you and rocky mtn bill would much rather have something like this:

EDIT: I said that nca225 was a he/she Billy. Even you should know that transgenders aren't really women, no matter how much you may be attracted to them. We all know what LGBT means to you and nca225 Billy. Your sick world is over now:

It's hilarious to see nca225 whining about someone taking an oath to defend the Constitution when you both support politicians who do all they can to infringe upon the 2nd Amendment. They don't call you Libtards for nothing.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 07:27 PM
I knew it would only take a few minutes to get the racist out of you again. That's being the good and predicable repedophile that you are.

BTW, I do like the LGBT meme. Thing is traitors lose their liberty and with that their 2nd amendment rights. You can enjoy your beer and trump though. You sure as sh!t have nothing else to enjoy.
Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 07:46 PM
Actually, I'm enjoying lower taxes, greater security in the world, and a stock market and 401-K that keeps rising. I get at least 4-5 calls and e-mails per week offering me good paying jobs. Energy costs are stable, and I have clean air and clean water, and things are looking up after 30 years of steady decline in this country. My gun rights look pretty secure right now, and with one or two more Conservatives on the Supreme Court, they will be in good hands that respect the Original Intent of the Framer's for a long time. We still have to build the wall and secure our borders. Thirty million free-loading illegals isn't doing anything to lower health care costs or rebuild our infrastructure and education system. And decades of bad trade deals won't be fixed overnight. But at least we have someone who is trying to fix the huge mess he inherited.

The thing I'm enjoying most of all is watching you Libtards and liars losing your little minds. I just know that the stress is shortening your lifespans, and as Martha Stewart says, that's a good thing.

Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 07:56 PM
You have too much confidence in your delusions. But by all means, please keep it up.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 09:54 PM
Yay, I made it to someone's sig line!!!

Was that polite enough for you, nca?
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 10:40 PM

Well lets see...

No reference to debunked conspiracy theories as fact....check.

No advocating to US citizens that we should support a treasonous puppet of the Russian regime....check.

No name calling....check.

Looks like your off to a good start c-back. Keep it up.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 11:19 PM
Where were you when your bOy Obama sucked the Russians off for 8 years...guess you missed it when Obama got caught with the microphone still on telling the Russians that his last 4 years would make things easier for them ?
Posted By: canvasback Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 11:33 PM

Well lets see...

No reference to debunked conspiracy theories as fact....check.

No advocating to US citizens that we should support a treasonous puppet of the Russian regime....check.

No name calling....check.

Looks like your off to a good start c-back. Keep it up.

You know the truth of it is that you are just too silly to take seriously. So I don't.

I did at one time. Tried to have meaningful discussions with you. Gave you my opinion that stupid name calling was a pointless exercise. Encouraged you not to go down that road. But your paranoia got the best of you and that was the end of that.

You think being critical of my politeness is stinging? You are delusional. You have been ranting here now for several days. Yes, ranting. And the rest of us, even those members on my left, have been treated to your ad hominom attacks on everyone who disagrees with you, regardless of how they may have phrased their disagreement.

It is laughable that your criticism of Trump is centred around his "lies" when those you support are much better and at least as prolific liars as Trump. Simply laughable.

Do yourself a favour....get off the internet and this site for a while, gain some perspective and calm down.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 11:40 PM
Jon, term limits are only helpful for incompetent incumbents. We can already vote them out if we want to. Government is a complicated enterprise, and having experience at it is the only way to be effective. Term limits sound good, but in the long run they only make government more vulnerable to those wanting to exploit it for their benefit. There will never be term limits for lobbyists and big donors.

Bill, like Jon, I'm an advocate of term limits. You suggest government is complicated and we need politicians with governing experience.

I'd suggest that political experience is overrated and the level of corruption and low level "back scratching" is underestimated. I think the idea of offering one's hard earned life and business experience to one's country for a limited, set period of time may actually attract more quality people to the job. Less partisanship, more effective, more patriotic.

Just a thought.
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 11:46 PM
CB, if what candidates were offering were their "hard earned life and business experience" you'd be on firm ground. However, candidates are as suspect as incumbents. The difference is we have a record on incumbents.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/18/18 11:55 PM
CB, if what candidates were offering were their "hard earned life and business experience" you'd be on firm ground. However, candidates are as suspect as incumbents. The difference is we have a record on incumbents.

But the incumbents know their way around and are already at the trough. At least the rookies will need some time before they can really fill their boots.

These men and women who spend their whole effective working life as a politician don't view the world remotely as either you or I. And I think that is a very bad thing. I also think the machinery/effort/money needed to get re-elected has contributed mightily to the historic divide and partisanship in politics in both our countries.

Term limits should go hand in hand with election finance reform. It's out of control. And the money being spent just to win elections should give you some inkling of the size of the prize. It's a lot more than a senator's salary.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 12:01 AM
Originally Posted By: L Brown
As for it being "the economy, stupid" . . . do you raise any corn or soybeans down there in GA? Lots of that grown up this way in the Midwest. And that segment of the economy--have you looked at the futures lately?--has taken a sharp nosedive since Trump started messing around with tariffs. Causing many farmers who voted for Trump to wonder whether those tariffs are going to hurt China worse than they'll hurt American farmers. And ag-related industries in general. My father put food on our table making John Deere tractors. Wonder how tractor and combine sales will look this year.

Let's get this done, now. Do we raise any corn or soybeans down here?................funny question coming from a former spook analyst, but yes, we do. We raise more cotton and peanuts, however. Cotton was trading the highest in many years prior to the tariff "fright", at almost $.94. It fell to about $.82 in a week, and has already recovered to $.88, halfway back to it's original high, and in a short time. Why?.... fundamentals. Supply and demand, not deterred by unsubstantiated fears. Corn and beans have yet to recover. Lest you misunderstand, cotton is an overseas traded crop just like corn and beans.

As for how farmers vote........well, I can't say what motivates any individual except me. I vote guided by my morals and ethics, not my pocketbook. What I mean is, if I had always voted for the ticket that would have put the most money in my banking accounts I would have voted Democratic, for a long, long time. The Dems have had a history of putting more money into the Farm Bill for agriculture than the Repubs. But, I didn't. I voted the moral high ground, and doing so I knew I was voting against higher subsidies and deficiency payments. Money isn't the sole driver of all the farm vote. Some in ag have a conscience, and follow it, subsidies be damned. Just as a reminder, every major tariff on sales of US grains have been placed by the Repubs.

I'm good friends with all the owners and managers of the JD, Case and New Holland dealerships in this part of the country. If you think they're wishing, right now, that Hillary had been elected instead of Trump you'd be bad wrong. They, like I, understand that everyone has to take a hit occasionally to help get things straightened out. And, want to believe it or not, our trading "partners" need our produce a lot more than we need theirs. Time will straighten it all out, and we'll be much better off for it. I'm staking my business on my belief of that. Are you?

SRH
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 01:08 AM

What about this, what about that... what about addressing the actual issue you dumb fu@cking troglodyte.

BTW in the past, I told you that my bet was if you ever confronted an ISIS fighter, you'd get skull fu@ked into the ground. Now that you have aided in giving our country's interests away to the Russians, thats too nice of an outcome for you.
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 01:11 AM
CB, you have a very fatalistic viewpoint. I'd prefer to believe that there are politicians who can be trusted through a whole career. Not everyone is up for sale to the highest bidder. Nowadays, such public servants aren't as plentiful as they were, but many are still in office. Among Republicans we have John Kasich, and the female senators from Alaska and Maine. My senator, John Tester, is in the Montana tradition of Mike Mansfield. Being retired, I don't have a business to stake on Trump, but I wouldn't be inclined to do so at any rate. I grant you, Donald has been good for business as usual--so far. If I were a farmer, I'd be inclined to heed the Muslim adage, " Trust in Allah, but tie your camel."
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 01:59 AM

Tried to have meaningful discussions with you. Gave you my opinion that stupid name calling was a pointless exercise. Encouraged you not to go down that road. But your paranoia got the best of you and that was the end of that.

Truth is CB you did not try to have meaningful conversations. You, for as much as you tried to be "nice" about it, spewed the same vile anti democratic propaganda and contempt for liberals that all of your internet pals do. Your message is still the same although delivered in a civil manner. At least kieth doesn't veil his contempt with a polite disposition.

You think being critical of my politeness is stinging? You are delusional. You have been ranting here now for several days. Yes, ranting. And the rest of us, even those members on my left, have been treated to your ad hominom attacks on everyone who disagrees with you, regardless of how they may have phrased their disagreement.

If you think I'm just being critical of your politeness, your just plain misinformed. I'm being critical of your false pretenses. I'm also critical of your astounding lack of judgement. For some reason, Hillary Clinton has your ball hairs in a twist you just can't unwind. Each time I've "ranted" about the obvious and currently being thoroughly investigated Russian connection to trump, back from before the election to the last several threads Dave deleted, your right there with "Uranium One!" When I pointed out to you that its been debunked, and its a false conspiracy, you don't accept fact. I even provided you reporting from FOX debunking it. Your response was to "go research the internet for it" Sorry champ, if you take something InfoWars prints as fact over actual investigative journalism, what's the point of even trying with you?

And NO, I am not attacking everyone who disagrees with me. I am attacking everyone who whom either out of ignorance or greed saddled my country with this disastrous piece of sh!t traitor. Sorry you fell into that group, but you earned your spot.

It is laughable that your criticism of Trump is centred around his "lies" when those you support are much better and at least as prolific liars as Trump. Simply laughable.
Point in fact. A demonstrably false statement.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/...abulists-214024

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/01/donald-trump-lies-liar-effect-brain-214658

https://artofthelie.org/

https://www.esquire.com/uk/latest-news/a...ve-of-his-best/

Maybe in your world, where the sky is pink, and all is well, your last statement may be true. I hope your happy there. Me, not so much. I live in reality where I have to live with the consequences of yours and every other trump supporters poor poor judgment.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 01:59 AM
If I were a farmer, I'd be inclined to heed the Muslim adage, " Trust in Allah, but tie your camel."

If you were an Iowa farmer, you would be looking for a new line of work.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 02:01 AM
I vote guided by my morals and ethics,

If this is true and you voted for trump, you are so full of sh!t I can smell you from here.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 02:23 AM
You are a foul mouthed boor, and I will have nothing else to do with you. It was my mistake to ever address you in the first place. My bad. I'll chalk it up to a learning experience.

SRH
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 02:29 AM
BrentD, If I were an Iowa farmer, I'd be embarrassed to be the recipient of the ethanol subsidy. Republicans are supposedly opposed to government boondogles, but this one is blatant and pointless.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 03:02 AM
Why these liberal foul mouth scum bags aren't banned from this site is beyond me Stan.

Hell they should be banned from breathing...
Posted By: craigd Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 04:00 AM

Tried to have meaningful discussions with you. Gave you my opinion that stupid name calling was a pointless exercise. Encouraged you not to go down that road. But your paranoia got the best of you and that was the end of that.

Truth is CB you did not try to have meaningful conversations. You, for as much as you tried to be "nice" about it, spewed the same vile anti democratic propaganda and contempt for liberals that all of your internet pals do. Your message is still the same although delivered in a civil manner. At least kieth doesn't veil his contempt with a polite disposition.

If you think I'm just being critical of your politeness, your just plain misinformed. I'm being critical of your false pretenses. I'm also critical of your astounding lack of judgement....

If you think I'm being critical of your stance or lack of judgement, I'm still waiting for you to intelligently express it. It's just plain you.
Posted By: craigd Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 04:04 AM
....If I were an Iowa farmer, I'd be embarrassed to be the recipient of the ethanol subsidy....

If I were you, I'd be embarrassed to have to force myself to consider nca a patriot.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 12:17 PM

Quote:
Truth is CB you did not try to have meaningful conversations.....

When I said “meaningful conversation” I meant a respectful presentation of our differing viewpoints with an expected back and forth, not an abject capitulation to your delusions. That conversation stopped because when I asked to move it from PM to email, you refused, citing paranoid concerns about being “identified”.

Quote:
If you think I'm just being critical of your politeness, your just plain misinformed. I'm being critical of your false pretenses............. Each time I've "ranted" about the obvious and currently being thoroughly investigated.......

I’ve put forth nothing under false pretences. Falling on the right of the political spectrum, supporting the 2cd and knowing Hilliary and Bill to be liars and crooks are not mutually exclusive of civil discourse. I refer to you “ranting” because of your foul mouth personal attacks on everyone so far who has disagreed with you.

Quote:
And NO, I am not attacking everyone who disagrees with me. I am attacking everyone who whom either out of ignorance or greed saddled my country with this disastrous piece of sh!t traitor. Sorry you fell into that group, but you earned your spot.......

In fact you have attacked everyone who disagrees with you. You did it before Trump was elected and you continue to do it now.

As time has passed and you have revealed more of yourself through your posts here, I have come to regret ever engaging with you. Your juvenile tantrums serve no purpose but to demonstrate your immaturity and lack of self control. Those are the issues at the heart of Keith’s beef with you and you continue to give vent to them despite years passing and the opportunity for growth that comes with the passage of time.
Posted By: craigd Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 12:50 PM
...As time has passed and you have revealed more of yourself through your posts here, I have come to regret ever engaging with you....

I think if he had the self control to be deceptive, he would still be exactly the same patriot for progressivism.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 01:29 PM
Originally Posted By: L Brown

Let's get this done, now. Do we raise any corn or soybeans down here?................funny question coming from a former spook analyst, but yes, we do. We raise more cotton and peanuts, however. Cotton was trading the highest in many years prior to the tariff "fright", at almost $.94. It fell to about $.82 in a week, and has already recovered to $.88, halfway back to it's original high, and in a short time. Why?.... fundamentals. Supply and demand, not deterred by unsubstantiated fears. Corn and beans have yet to recover. Lest you misunderstand, cotton is an overseas traded crop just like corn and beans.

As for how farmers vote........well, I can't say what motivates any individual except me. I vote guided by my morals and ethics, not my pocketbook. What I mean is, if I had always voted for the ticket that would have put the most money in my banking accounts I would have voted Democratic, for a long, long time. The Dems have had a history of putting more money into the Farm Bill for agriculture than the Repubs. But, I didn't. I voted the moral high ground, and doing so I knew I was voting against higher subsidies and deficiency payments. Money isn't the sole driver of all the farm vote. Some in ag have a conscience, and follow it, subsidies be damned. Just as a reminder, every major tariff on sales of US grains have been placed by the Repubs.

I'm good friends with all the owners and managers of the JD, Case and New Holland dealerships in this part of the country. If you think they're wishing, right now, that Hillary had been elected instead of Trump you'd be bad wrong. They, like I, understand that everyone has to take a hit occasionally to help get things straightened out. And, want to believe it or not, our trading "partners" need our produce a lot more than we need theirs. Time will straighten it all out, and we'll be much better off for it. I'm staking my business on my belief of that. Are you?

SRH

So Stan . . . sounds like YOU don't raise any corn or soybeans. Cotton . . . sure, overseas traded. Is there a Chinese tariff on cotton? If not, that might explain why cotton prices have "recovered", while soybean prices have not. And given that corn and soybeans are, for all practical purposes, the only two crops of significance in Iowa, it's not likely that Deere will be selling much new equipment to Iowa farmers this year . . . in a state where a lot of that equipment is produced. So, a double whammy for the economy in Iowa.

I'd also note that staunchly conservative Republican Senator Ron Johnson of Wisconsin has sent Trump a letter pointing out the impact of the trade war on his state's economy. Long term gains? Will there be any? Many economists don't think it's a good bet.

As for Dems putting more money into farmers' pockets than Republicans, it's worth noting that the Conservation Reserve Program, which basically solved the farm crisis in Iowa (a result, under your former Governor Carter, of pushing farmers to farm fencerow to fencerow and feed the world--and then slap a grain embargo on Russia to punish them for invading Afghanistan) came into being under President Reagan. Certainly in this part of the country, Carter's grain embargo hurt a whole lot more than any tariffs imposed in recent history. A lot of Iowa farmers went broke during the 80's farm crisis. Fortunately, CRP--which many tend to forget was at least as much an attempt to reduce oversupply and raise prices as it was a conservation program--succeeded on the supply/price side.

I don't really have a "business", Stan . . . other than cashing the occasional check for magazine articles. My belief has always been in the welfare of my country . . . proof of which being that my main source of income is my monthly retirement check, based on 30+ years' military service. Uncle Sam was a good boss. And including Social Security, I'm now a happy double dipper.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 01:33 PM
CB, you have a very fatalistic viewpoint. I'd prefer to believe that there are politicians who can be trusted through a whole career. Not everyone is up for sale to the highest bidder. Nowadays, such public servants aren't as plentiful as they were, but many are still in office. Among Republicans we have John Kasich, and the female senators from Alaska and Maine. My senator, John Tester, is in the Montana tradition of Mike Mansfield. Being retired, I don't have a business to stake on Trump, but I wouldn't be inclined to do so at any rate. I grant you, Donald has been good for business as usual--so far. If I were a farmer, I'd be inclined to heed the Muslim adage, " Trust in Allah, but tie your camel."

Bill, I take the position that man is fallible. That power corrupts. Whether in politics or any other sphere of life. As a business owner I made a point of trying to create systems of inventory (and cash) management that did not allow for people to be tempted. I view theft in the workplace to be largely a failing of management through lax controls, not of the individual. Because workplace fraud usually starts very small and only grows larger as the individual discovers they can get away with it. I see no difference with politics or public service.

Of course we can always point to individual examples of those who have resisted temptation. But I would suggest they are few and far between when the history of human governance is examined. In fact, it is the false hope for exemplary behavior that leads, IMHO, socialists to make their fatal errors. Rather than be realists, they are idealists. And the rest of mankind doesn't live up to their ideals.

So I advocate what I believe to be systems that helps men to act in the best public interest, rather than a system that hopes they will act in the public interest.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 01:41 PM
BrentD, If I were an Iowa farmer, I'd be embarrassed to be the recipient of the ethanol subsidy. Republicans are supposedly opposed to government boondogles, but this one is blatant and pointless.

Bill, there is no "ethanol subsidy". And back when there was one, it didn't go to the farmers. It went to the ethanol plants. What remains in place now is the Renewable Fuels Mandate, which requires that so many gallons of "blended fuels" be produced per year.

We tend to forget that when the whole ethanol thing kicked off, we were producing far less oil in this country than we have since the Bakken was opened up. And oil prices were a whole lot higher. The idea was to increase domestically produced fuel so we wouldn't be a captive to the foreign countries from which we were buying much of our oil. And ethanol is a fuel that we can produce in this country should the need ever arise. I agree that there's far less need for it now. And in fact, the Renewable Fuels Mandate cap is being reduced as a result of the fact that oil prices are lower and we are now capable of producing more.

It's quite possible to look at everything connected to agriculture--from the Renewable Fuels Mandate to crop subsidies to the Conservation Reserve Program--as a "boondoggle". But for better or worse, the government has been tampering with agriculture--in order to give Americans a reliable supply of relatively cheap food--since at least the Depression years. The problem is figuring out how to disentangle all the boondoggling while still providing that reliable supply of cheap food--but not putting a lot of farmers out of business. It's all really complicated.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 02:22 PM

No, you would be sucked up to them like every other Iowa farmer, republican or otherwise. No exceptions.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 03:39 PM

When I said “meaningful conversation” I meant a respectful presentation of our differing viewpoints with an expected back and forth, not an abject capitulation to your delusions.

Yet this is exactly what you expect of others. Sorry you were met the same level of entrenched beliefs. Even the righteous live in glass houses.

I’ve put forth nothing under false pretences.

Yeah, you have, you do it every day. Just shed the veneer or STFU.

BTW, you spelled pretenses wrong. You know what that gets you here.

Falling on the right of the political spectrum, supporting the 2cd and knowing Hilliary and Bill to be liars and crooks are not mutually exclusive of civil discourse.
It is when when your belief in the above statement is based off of debunked conspiracy theories. BTW isn't about time you got over the blow job?
I'd bet my 16GA Sterly, that if presented with the same situation, you would do the same damn thing.

BTW, you spelled 2nd and Hillary wrong. You know what that gets you here.

I refer to you “ranting” because of your foul mouth personal attacks on everyone so far who has disagreed with you.

In fact you have attacked everyone who disagrees with you. You did it before Trump was elected and you continue to do it now.

As time has passed and you have revealed more of yourself through your posts here, I have come to regret ever engaging with you. Your juvenile tantrums serve no purpose but to demonstrate your immaturity and lack of self control. Those are the issues at the heart of Keith’s beef with you and you continue to give vent to them despite years passing and the opportunity for growth that comes with the passage of time.

Gosh, I thought keith didn't like me because of my politics. Little did I know it was because I was acting just like him, albeit with out the incessant use of quotes. So why don't you come out against the guy that acts just like me? Is it because you share his world view and are really just like him? Some consistency in your condemnations would be nice.

I must be bothering you. Your usually deeper then this. But then again, maybe not. You did advocate to us all that we should support the treasonous piece sh!t puppet of the Russian regime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qIN1-z_JqQ

Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 03:44 PM
...As time has passed and you have revealed more of yourself through your posts here, I have come to regret ever engaging with you....

I think if he had the self control to be deceptive, he would still be exactly the same patriot for progressivism.

Wow thrifty, you can be lapdog, a sycophant and your buddies cum guzzling queen all at the same time! Your one talented gal! Dumb and treasonous, but talented nonetheless!
Posted By: Buzz Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 04:01 PM
You really have demonstrated a nasty, vulgar side of yourself. Most unbecoming, I must say. I now clearly see why several folks were after you in the past, and now, here you are asking for more. You asked for it!
Posted By: VictoryXC Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 04:44 PM

What about this, what about that... what about addressing the actual issue you dumb fu@cking troglodyte.

BTW in the past, I told you that my bet was if you ever confronted an ISIS fighter, you'd get skull fu@ked into the ground. Now that you have aided in giving our country's interests away to the Russians, thats too nice of an outcome for you.

nca225, with statements like that I certainly hope you are not raising or have any influence on young kids. Pretty disappointing to see something like that come from a grown man.

Don’t let your mind wander. It’s too small to be out there all alone.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 04:54 PM
Originally Posted By: buzz
You really have demonstrated a nasty, vulgar side of yourself.

Forgot psycho.

Posted By: canvasback Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 05:10 PM

When I said “meaningful conversation” I meant a respectful presentation of our differing viewpoints with an expected back and forth, not an abject capitulation to your delusions.

Yet this is exactly what you expect of others. Sorry you were met the same level of entrenched beliefs. Even the righteous live in glass houses.

I’ve put forth nothing under false pretences.

Yeah, you have, you do it every day. Just shed the veneer or STFU.

There is nothing about having entrenched opposing views that necessitates the revolting level you have taken this thread to. Nothing! I talk with friends daily who believe, IMHO, foolishly in the Left and Hillary and Obama. They think I'm probably foolish for what I think.

The veneer of civility is one of the main things that separates us from apes. A history of civilization (note the root of that word) is learning to control our baser instincts for the betterment of the group. So I'll happily remain civil and I certainly won't be cowed or intimidated by an emotional, intellectual lightweight like you. I won't be shutting the f#ck up.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 05:21 PM
BTW, canvasback did not spell "pretence" or "2cd" incorrectly. He is Canadian, and was using perfectly appropriate British English spelling.

This, of course, is why I never questioned King's spelling of "defense" as "defence". Perfectly acceptable, for s Canadian, even if his serial dishonesty and anti-2nd (or 2cd) -Amendment rhetoric wasn't. I though that spelling Hillary's name as Hilliary was both clever and appropriate.

It is interesting to see the numbers of people who are finally recognizing the fact that nca225 is a filthy disgusting dishonest Liberal Left Socialist who is anathema to the principles this country was founded upon.

I only wonder what the hell took so long, and where are the F.A.G.s and Thread Police who would be wringing their hands, notifying Dave, and calling for banishment and censorship if I did half as much. I think we know the answer to that by now too.

Gladys Kravitz, your silence speaks volumes once again!
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 05:43 PM
Business tip for Dave Weber; delete everything in this thread past page two...Geo
Posted By: gunsaholic Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 06:07 PM
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening,

Above is just part of the forum rules. Why more people who constantly disregard the above aren't banned implies that the rules don't really mean anything. "So go at er boys".
Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 07:54 PM
Business tip for Dave Weber; delete everything in this thread past page two...Geo

That would be a big mistake in my opinion. I know Geo pretends to IGNORE me, but I can't help wondering why he repeatedly tries to save nca225 from himself/herself.

So the thread gets deleted once again. And then nca225 returns once again in a couple weeks pretending to be reasonable and civil, as he/she did in his/her recent exchange with Gregory where he/she pretended to actually respect the U.S. military. What a joke!

This is why I say that you can learn as much about people as you can about doubles here... If you pay attention. Delete the exchange with the anti-2nd Amendment Liberal Left Socialists like nca225 and rocky mountain bill, and you have given them cover and buried an important lesson about so-called gun guys/gals who are continually stabbing us in the back and undermining our gun rights.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 08:28 PM
I’m in agreement with Keith about not deleting nca’s posts. Could care less if he’s liberal, conservative or what. It’s his vulgar personal attacks that should be available for all to see and remember.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 08:37 PM
I think we three agree!

I want everyone to see who supports the traitor trump and the sycophants that fall into line and betray their country so they keep their toys at hand.

I can care less if you don't like my foul mouth as you get confronted with the truth of your hypocrisy. You planted your flag on Russian soil. Live with the consequences of enraging patriotic Americans.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 08:58 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...m=.5ec1e8d49fe3

Remember this. You supported this when you voted for the traitor.
Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 09:01 PM
So I guess nca225 still would rather pitch the phony DNC propaganda rather than answer the question about Obama's hot microphone gaff where he promised Medved that he would be more flexible with Putin after his re-election. No, he/she would rather engage in dishonest conjecture along with the 24/7 anti-Trump fake news reporters at CNN and MSLSD about what Trump might have said to Putin in perfectly legitimate private talks.

Um, we sure didn't see Trump or anyone in his family getting $500,000 for a single speech in Russia after the Uranium One deal. That was Bill Clinton. And we didn't see the Trump Foundation getting $145 million from Russians either, as the Clinton Foundation did.

Those troubling little details were reported in the Liberal New York Times and Washington Post. The Washington Post said the Clintons should be investigated for those highly irregular payoffs.

But it's much easier to hurl filthy remarks toward JOe and Stan than it is to be bothered with uncomfortable facts. I also wouldn't mind hearing how it is consistent with taking the Oath of Office when Liberal Left Democrats keep trying to ban guns and ammunition too. That behavior sure ain't preserving and protecting our 2nd Amendment.

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN....
Posted By: VictoryXC Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 09:03 PM
.....I can care less if you don't like my foul mouth....

Of course you wouldn't.

You are definitely entitled to your opinion, but your method of delivery is childish and rude. You certainly do not instill passion in others for your cause.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 09:08 PM
Well kiethback what about this debunked conspiracy theory, what about that debunked conspiracy theory?

http://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-...ne-deal-2017-11

Uranium One = fantasy

https://www.justice.gov/file/1080281/download

Russia interfered in our election to help elect trump = fact

Your a worthless traitor = fact

Still waiting to see if your enough of a man to address the last two princess.

Edited to correct links....Thanks keith.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 09:13 PM
Originally Posted By: VictoryXC

Of course you wouldn't.

You are definitely entitled to your opinion, but your method of delivery is childish and rude. You certainly do not instill passion in others for your cause.

You mistake me. I am not trying to instill passion here. This is purely about rubbing their faces in it. And FWIW, I don't expect anybody here to see the errors of their way and make amends their country. That ship sailed long ago when it became apparent that they would prefer a traitor, or a child molester to a Democrat. That is the company you keep with here.
Posted By: VictoryXC Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 09:31 PM

Of course you wouldn't.

You mistake me. I am not trying to instill passion here. This is purely about rubbing their faces in it. And FWIW, I don't expect anybody here to see the errors of their way and make amends their country. That ship sailed long ago when it became apparent that they would prefer a traitor, or a child molester to a Democrat. That is the company you keep with here.

No need to respond, but if you have/had kids, would you be proud to show them everything you have written in this thread?
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 09:47 PM

No need to respond, but if you have/had kids, would you be proud to show them everything you have written in this thread?

What children are exposed to on the internet has nothing to do with this and nor do I write for the ears of babes. Kindly move on.
Posted By: keith Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 09:59 PM
Your links wouldn't open. Probably just as well. Who knows what kind of virus or gay porn you might try to get us to click on.

Pretty far-fetched to think that Russians making a few thousand Facebook posts could have actually overcome over $1.2 BILLION that Hillary Clinton spent trying to get elected. And I seriously doubt if you'd care to admit how much of that $1.2 BILLION came from misogynists and pedophiles in Saudi Arabia. And I'm sure you've heard that Saudi's stone gay people to death. That's gotta hit awfully close to home for you.

But anyway, it is obvious that you don't want to go anywhere near that hot microphone gaff where Obama promised to be more flexible with Putin after the election. If Trump got caught doing that, you and every Democrat would be going even more nuts than you are now. There is simply no comparison between that and Trump having a meeting with Putin... particularly after the amount of sanctions he has imposed upon Russia, and his efforts to actually strengthen NATO instead of weakening it as Obama did by blocking construction of the missile shield in Eastern Europe.

There are plenty of Liberal sources you can find that feel the cash transfers to the Clintons after Uranium One should be investigated. I'd love to see that happen, no matter how it turned out. Liberals will do everything in their power to block and ignore it. Just like you. What are you all so afraid of?
Posted By: nca225 Re: Ticks and tick prevention - 07/19/18 09:59 PM
Your links wouldn't open. Probably just as well. Who knows what kind of virus or gay porn you might try to get us to click on.

Pretty far-fetched to think that Russians making a few thousand Facebook posts could have actually overcome over $1.2 BILLION that Hillary Clinton spent trying to get elected. And I seriously doubt if you'd care to admit how much of that $1.2 BILLION came from misogynists and pedophiles in Saudi Arabia

But anyway, it is obvious that you don't want to go anywhere near that hot microphone gaff where Obama promised to be more flexible with Putin after the election. If Trump got caught doing that, you and every Democrat would be going even more nuts than you are now. There is simply no comparison between that and Trump having a meeting with Putin... particularly after the amount of sanctions he has imposed upon Russia, and his efforts to actually strengthen NATO instead of weakening it as Obama did by blocking construction of the missile shield in Eastern Europe.

There are plenty of Liberal sources you can find that feel the cash transfers to the Clintons after Uranium One should be investigated. I'd love to see that happen, no matter how it turned out. Liberals will do everything in their power to block and ignore it. Just like you. What are you all so afraid of?

Thanks for the heads up on the links. The momentary pleasantries end there. This is about Obama's gaff as much as it is about George W looking into Putin's eyes and seeing his blessed soul.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-r...w-idUSKBN1FI2V7

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-white-house-secret-efforts-lift-russia-sanctions-putin-619508

Doing a good job towing the party line on the sanctions comrade.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com