doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: gjw Sears Laurona SxS - 05/31/18 06:31 PM
Hey all, I'm looking for some info on this gun from current or former owners. What's your take on the gun, well balanced, good quality any reliability issues.

Pros, cons or any comments.

Thanks!

Greg
Posted By: GMCS Re: Sears Laurona SxS - 05/31/18 07:42 PM
I have had a couple of them the first one was a great gun and one of my all time favorites.it got stolen during a move while in the military back in the seventies. I replaced it with another of the same type and it was a piece of junk. I always look at them but have been disappointed in the quality. Give it a real good look over. The stuff coming out of Turkey are better made guns in my opinion
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Sears Laurona SxS - 05/31/18 09:26 PM
Mine is a Sears import. Pretty good Spanish boxlock IMHO...Geo
Posted By: vabirddog Re: Sears Laurona SxS - 06/02/18 02:28 AM
Mine is also a Sears' gun. They are a solid utility shotgun with good dimensions and lighter than their American couterparts. The wood however is light and pretty straight grained and prone to cracking in the larger gauges.ymmv
Posted By: postoak Re: Sears Laurona SxS - 06/07/18 01:53 AM
I have one, basketweave type checkering, black chrome exterior finish. Very similar to the Laurona made for Winchester and labeled the Model 22.

A solid old SxS.
Posted By: keith Re: Sears Laurona SxS - 06/07/18 04:24 AM
I was expecting Jagermeister to weigh in so Gregory could have an opinion from an internet fake who doesn't even own any doubles.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Sears Laurona SxS - 06/07/18 09:54 AM
Originally Posted By: keith
I was expecting Jagermeister to weigh in so Gregory could have an opinion from an internet fake who doesn't even own any doubles.

There were three guns from Sears Roebuck & Co I could recommend: Ted Williams 400 O/U by Olin-Kodnesha, Mauser put together on FN Supreme action by High Standard and Model 100 SxS shotgun by Agurre & Aranzabal. I would never recommend a Laurona.
Posted By: ed good Re: Sears Laurona SxS - 06/07/18 01:14 PM
laurona's like most spanish made guns, are light weight, well balanced and shoot where you point them...however, they are hunting grade guns and as such are made to be carried a lot and shot not so much...if you plan to shoot more than, say 100 rounds a year, then spend more money on a target grade gun...and save your spanish double for the field...sadly, there is nothing much left in the field these days, so it seems pointless to go there, unless you enjoy long walks in the country with a good dog...and if you happen to come across a turkey varmint, then kill it.
Posted By: keith Re: Sears Laurona SxS - 06/08/18 05:12 AM
Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Originally Posted By: keith

There were three guns from Sears Roebuck & Co I could recommend: Ted Williams 400 O/U by Olin-Kodnesha, Mauser put together on FN Supreme action by High Standard and Model 100 SxS shotgun by Agurre & Aranzabal. I would never recommend a Laurona.

Taking recommendations on double shotguns from an internet fake who owns no doubles and has no actual experience with them is about like depending on someone with no taste buds to recommend a good restaurant.

And if Sears Roebuck depended upon Tire Kicking customers like Jagermeister to stay in business, it is no wonder they are on the verge of bankruptcy and closing hundreds of stores.

© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com