doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: old colonel New Purdey Triggerplate Over & Under - 05/20/18 12:15 AM
Saw this today https://www.purdey.com/guns-rifles/the-n...2be57-301128601

Only 55,000 pounds.
Posted By: PALUNC Re: New Purdey Triggerplate Over & Under - 05/20/18 01:09 AM
It's a Italian P&V
Posted By: tw Re: New Purdey Triggerplate Over & Under - 05/20/18 01:15 AM
Says not; wholly made in London, but one must wonder. I find it interesting that the trigger is spec'd as single, but no mention of being selective. The pic leads me to believe that is indeed selective, but as Russ used to say, I could be wrong.
Posted By: jlb Re: New Purdey Triggerplate Over & Under - 05/20/18 04:55 PM
tw

What am I missing that would lead one to think the trigger is selective?

jborn
It appears to me that there is a selector located at there of the trigger guard.
Posted By: tw Re: New Purdey Triggerplate Over & Under - 05/20/18 06:51 PM
A second hard look vs. the first glace tells me its likely the trigger release button I noted and not a selector. Guess that means Russ was right, eh?

Thanks for the question!

Still, I'd think a selective trigger would be an option at the very least if a feller wanted one.
That's an odd button for the releasing of the trigger plate, but entirely possible I suppose. I think I'd like it better if it worked the way a Perazzi does ................push firmly forward on the safety slide and it releases the trigger plate to be pulled out the bottom. Whatever that is in the rear of the guard, it is a much better place for a barrel selector than a trigger plate release button, IMO.

SRH
Posted By: rtw Re: New Purdey Triggerplate Over & Under - 05/20/18 09:30 PM
Not being an O/U fan, I think I will settle for their alligator cartridge bag, which goes for 9,500 pounds.

Yikes
I'm going to stay with selector. But I guess we have to buy one to see what's in it. Notice you get free shipping on your cartridge bag as it's over 200 lbs
Posted By: Buzz Re: New Purdey Triggerplate Over & Under - 05/21/18 12:28 AM
The trigger looks pretty similar to their sporter trigger which is a pop out trigger plate type too. The sporter has a non-selectable trigger according to their web site.
I emailed Purdey earlier this afternoon with the question about the button/tab in the rear of the guard. I will post the reply here when I receive it.

SRH
$5 says it's the sst selector.
JR
Posted By: Salopian Re: New Purdey Triggerplate Over & Under - 05/21/18 06:06 AM
John,
Will you need my address to post me the $5?
Regards,
Salopian
It is a close copy of the Fratelli Gamba, also marketed under the Rottweil name in the 1970s. The release catch is at the rear of the trigger guard.

Now lets us see the specs, an italian inspired action, bolted stock, false sideplates. All that for only 55000.

A used Gamba, with a coil sprung rebound action, Boehler barrels can be found for 1500 and refurbished to the owners specs for another 1500. Minus the false sideplates, thankfully.
Posted By: PALUNC Re: New Purdey Triggerplate Over & Under - 05/21/18 11:28 AM
Well we know the Sporter is made by P&V. And the selector inside the trigger guard looks familiar.
An OU with selective trigger and the release catch behind the trigger guard for the trigger group is the Renato Gamba Daytona, (different from the Fratelli Gamba). The selector is a button on the trigger similar to the SKB.

A British review from 2015 staes the price of the Daytona as 3000 Sterling.

Posted By: Owenjj3 Re: New Purdey Triggerplate Over & Under - 05/29/18 05:41 PM
New article Purdey TP posted on the Purdey website with more details.
Originally Posted By: salopian
John,
Will you need my address to post me the $5?
Regards,
Salopian

I'll buy you a drink next time I see you Sal, should I be wrong.
JR
Their lack of interest in my question confirms what my good friend described to me as their coldness, almost to the point of rudeness, when he visited Purdey, H & H, and Dickson. I really do not expect a reply now, after 9 days. No big loss.

SRH
The photo of the underside of the action shows the button only on the left side of the trigger guard. If it were a selector it would need a protrusion on the right side too, otherwise how would it switch from left to right and back again?

I am betting that it is a release catch along the Gamba lines.

The V sprung action does not seem to incorporate rebounding hammers (tumblers).

At 3.64 kilos it outweighs a game MX8.
Posted By: Salopian Re: New Purdey Triggerplate Over & Under - 05/30/18 10:16 AM
I have had the gun in my hands .
It is the trigger release .
Made in Italy by P&V from parts supplied by Purdey then returned to England for assembly & finishing by Purdey .
I detect a smattering of journalistic licence actually . Why would you manufacture all the parts in London , ship to Italy , ship back and then assemble and finish????
More likely using Italian skill and expertise and the necessary machinery , then applying a premium pricing structure.
Posted By: Salopian Re: New Purdey Triggerplate Over & Under - 05/30/18 12:20 PM
Seems as though I could be wrong?
Purdey are today saying that the trigger plate gun is wholly made and assembled by London craftsmen in their workshop.
Why then was P&V ever mentioned by their representative ?
Posted By: Owenjj3 Re: New Purdey Triggerplate Over & Under - 05/30/18 12:37 PM
The "Sporter" model is the P&V sourced product and is still on offer alongsidethe supposedly London-sourced "Trigger plate"

2018 Price list:

http://
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com