doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: doublenut Sad News - Brad Bachelder Passed Away - 03/24/18 12:07 PM
Just heard this.

http://mobileobits.mlive.com/obituaries/...p;preview=false
I'm sorry to hear that. He went much too fast from this world. A great loss to the lovers for classic firearms.
I met him a couple of times and found him to be a great person and very knowledgeable. My heart goes out to his family and staff. His skill and expertise will be missed.
Karl
Did not know him, except by reputation. It's a great loss to the family and to the hobby. Too young to go.
Posted By: King Brown Re: Sad News - Brad Bachelder Passed Away - 03/24/18 03:09 PM
I knew him from his reputation. What makes the loss of Brad Bachelder so huge is another distinguished craftsman of older guns has left us. Others follow his footsteps but all of us know something special acquired over many years is gone forever.
Posted By: Paul Harm Re: Sad News - Brad Bachelder Passed Away - 03/24/18 03:39 PM
Such a shame. I knew him quite well and he was s great person, a man of his word. He had a major heart problem a couple of years ago but seemed to be back on his feet. Gonna miss him. Paul
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Sad News - Brad Bachelder Passed Away - 03/24/18 04:20 PM
He was such a nice fellow with more talents than people knew. He will be missed as a friend and as a true craftsman. God bless him and his family.
Oh no! He was a friendly guy who loved to chat about guns when I've been to his shop. And his work was of absolutely exceptional quality. He will be missed!
Posted By: Tamid Re: Sad News - Brad Bachelder Passed Away - 03/25/18 12:40 AM
It is a shock to see guy with his knowledge go so fast and so young. He refinished and fixed a Parker DHe with after market ejectors that caused him some trouble. I chatted with him a few times about it and he always took the time to explain what was wrong and how he was tackling it. My condolences to his family.
Posted By: Philbert Re: Sad News - Brad Bachelder Passed Away - 03/25/18 01:19 AM
What a shock. A great man and a great talent gone much too soon. Thoughts and prayers to Lori and family.
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: Sad News - Brad Bachelder Passed Away - 03/25/18 03:39 AM
So much talent snubbed so soon. Great guy
Spoke with him on the phone once, very nice and informative to a caller out of nowhere.

He will be missed.
Posted By: topgun Re: Sad News - Brad Bachelder Passed Away - 03/25/18 04:29 PM
Brad came by the LCSCA booth at the Southern Side x Side this past April and I had the opportunity to meet and visit with Brad for about a half hour. It was my first ever meeting with Brad, and was most impressed, so this was the last thing I would have expected to here; but I wish his family, as well as his friends in the double gun fraternity, the very best as everyone makes the adjustment to his loss.
Posted By: Phunter Re: Sad News - Brad Bachelder Passed Away - 03/26/18 01:27 AM
This is sad.

I never met him in person either, but he sure ran a top notch business. He refinished a set damascus barrels for me after I relayed the ribs. I found one small flaw..probably not a big deal. He immediately paid shipping both ways to make it right. Restored my faith in the gunsmith profession after experiencing several hacks.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com