doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: kemaltunali Blaser F3 Sporting. - 03/08/18 08:00 PM
As the title says, has any1 used these shotguns? 30 inch backbored barrels, briley spectrum chokes , its a sporter but will be using it for driven hunts what are the cons and pros? Thank you

Kem
Posted By: gunut Re: Blaser F3 Sporting. - 03/08/18 08:26 PM
cons are the shysters that run Blaser...
Posted By: 12brd Re: Blaser F3 Sporting. - 03/09/18 12:04 AM
Sitting here in my brothers house who is sponsored by Blaser, he didnt care to comment on your uninformed opinion. But Im not him, so "you dont know jack" I own 2. Several sets of barrels. Excellent guns with great customer service. Cant go wrong. If you have more questions, feel free to PM me. JW
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Blaser F3 Sporting. - 03/09/18 12:53 AM
10 to 1 he won't reply to you, John. He has a history of sniping.

BTW, I agree with you. I have been very impressed with Blaser .........and my friend Bill M., who is also sponsored by Blaser, has been, too.

I'm impressed a lot by triggers, and Blaser has a super trigger, IMO.

SRH
Posted By: 12brd Re: Blaser F3 Sporting. - 03/09/18 01:11 AM
Mr Mcguire is quite the gentleman. Good company to keep.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Blaser F3 Sporting. - 03/09/18 01:30 AM
From the two I've tried I have mixed feelings. Stan is right in good triggers and they function well. That big beefy stock takes a little getting use to but the one I tried was easily adjusted to my needs. So not know if the adjustable stock was factory or an aftermarket upgrade. My problem with them was the esthetics of them. The lines are very square and pronounced. Reminded me of the old Valmet O/U of the '80's. If you like the way they look then you should be a happy camper. They shoot well and my misses were me not the gun.
Posted By: dave michno Re: Blaser F3 Sporting. - 03/09/18 12:49 PM
Would have to agree with Stan. The F3 is a fine clays gun and would serve you well for high volume driven hunts for sure. I also have an F3 with 4 barrels that has helped my sporting shooting. Gun was serviced last fall. Gun turned around in a very short period with some replacement parts needed or updated after 15K rounds. Great company so not sure for the Yiddish statement?
Dave
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: Blaser F3 Sporting. - 03/09/18 01:09 PM
FWIW, I sent them an email a month ago. Still no response from Blaser USA. I was ready to buy. Now I don't care.
Posted By: kemaltunali Re: Blaser F3 Sporting. - 03/09/18 01:46 PM
Thanks very much guys, these opinions made up my mind. I will buy it smile Got a deal around 3000 euros for this blaser i hope i will shoot it well

Thanks

Kem
Posted By: 12brd Re: Blaser F3 Sporting. - 03/09/18 02:14 PM
Congrats.
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Blaser F3 Sporting. - 03/09/18 04:34 PM
Originally Posted By: 12brd
Sitting here in my brothers house who is sponsored by Blaser, he didnt care to comment on your uninformed opinion. But Im not him, so "you dont know jack" I own 2. Several sets of barrels. Excellent guns with great customer service. Cant go wrong. If you have more questions, feel free to PM me. JW

You're brother must be very good. The only time I broke 20 or better at trap was when I was shooting a 20 gauge, yep a 20 gauge Italian over/under. Never figured out who built it but it threw some beautiful patterns from both barrels.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Blaser F3 Sporting. - 03/09/18 06:26 PM
John's brother is one of the top sporting clays competitors in the USA.

SRH
Posted By: eightbore Re: Blaser F3 Sporting. - 03/10/18 01:08 AM
I guess I'm out of the loop. I don't quite understand the poster's negative comment. I won't be buying any more competition shotguns, but if I were in the market I might be looking at the F3 or F16 as one of my choices. I am a bit loaded up with antique Krieghoffs and almost antique Berettas and I am 72 years old, so my needs for comp guns are at an end.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Blaser F3 Sporting. - 03/10/18 01:18 AM
Blaser is the "new kid on the block" so to speak, Bill. It is a solid German-engineered and built gun. Like most German shotguns (think "K") it isn't much to look at, IMO, with it's angular lines and bold, relief engraving, in the higher grades. But, it is a well made gun that has already proven itself on the competition scene, and it is a force to be contended with, for the old school boys. I have shot them, never owned one yet, but I have made the statement several times that, if for some reason I abandoned Perazzi, it is the gun I would go to for serious use. But, my opinion means not much more than nothing, to anyone else but me.

Actually, there is no understanding the negative poster's comment ..........except that he has a history of sniping at things, and posts, he doesn't particularly like. That's his right here, but it doesn't do much for his credibility.

SRH
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Blaser F3 Sporting. - 03/10/18 01:28 AM
Great shotgun, superb design, very durable and reliable.
JR
Posted By: Buzz Re: Blaser F3 Sporting. - 03/10/18 01:33 AM
The F3 guns are nice, the F16.....I don’t want one. I’ve handled an F16, it’s much less expensive than the F3 and there’s a reason.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Blaser F3 Sporting. - 03/10/18 02:39 AM
I gave up trying to make a living shooting a shotgun years ago, so one of my Parker pigeon guns bored full and full seems to suit me as well as my 50 year old Krieghoff on the sporting clays course. "Suit me as well" doesn't tell the whole tale, because I seem to shoot them all about the same. The most money I ever won in one day in a pigeon ring was won shooting a rusty old P Grade Parker shooting against the over under crowd. An F-16 would suit me just fine.
Posted By: Buzz Re: Blaser F3 Sporting. - 03/10/18 11:45 AM
The one I shot kicked hard and handled poorly. And I mean kicked real hard and felt like a club. The F-16 isn’t a Krieghoff or a Parker, Bill. Try one though, you might like it. As they say....different strokes for different folks. BTW, you say you are 72 yo and your need for comp guns is coming to an end....a bit pessimistic, eh. My 92 yo bud who owns the F16 goes shooting with me all the time. Next week I’m visiting him in FL and we are shooting sporting at Tampa bay and fish hawk. He shoots a Krieghoff parcours and wants to get rid of his F16 if you are interested. Moral of story, ate age 72, don’t give up!
Posted By: eightbore Re: Blaser F3 Sporting. - 03/10/18 01:40 PM
I am not giving up competition shooting, I am giving up buying competition guns.
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Blaser F3 Sporting. - 03/10/18 02:54 PM
When the F3 first came out, I took a look at one in a gunstore and came away unimpressed for the most part, saw nothing of really great import there. Maybe 5 years later I was shooting a 32" Verona LX980, which is today's Zoli Kronos, and decided I wanted a little more dynamic gun. I found a mint 32" F3 at Pacific Sporting Arms (who were great to do business with, btw) with the old titanium finish receiver that had the trigger upgrade and very nice wood.

I shot that gun for 3 years and punched into AA class with it. Not one problem ever through probably 12,000 rounds.

There is no comparison between an F3 and an F16, night and day difference.
JR
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: Blaser F3 Sporting. - 03/10/18 08:30 PM
Now my curiosity is rekindled.

I ascribe to the D. Amos school of gun dynamics.

Are not the F3 and F16 barrels the same? As well as the stocks and furniture? Excepting the optional weight kit?

My point being that the difference in the firing mechanisms is contained in a very small action block. All the barbell stuff outlying from there is, "I think" the same.

So, for a low volume/older shooter, why wouldn't it be a good choice?

It has looked to me that they segment their product by stock blank and options, first, and then the remainder of the price difference comes from the mechanical differences in the F3.

I doubt I'd even notice the mechanical differences at less than 10K rounds/yr on the sporting range.

All I wanted was an F16 with an open pistol grip, and all I've got so far was no response.

I should have bought the one that popped up here a couple mos back. They are a very dynamic pigeon gun.
Posted By: Buzz Re: Blaser F3 Sporting. - 03/10/18 09:20 PM
I don’t think the F3 and F16 barrels are interchangeable and are not the same. ....the locking bolts are different, for one thing. However, I am no Blaser expert.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com