doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: gjw Intersting SxS On Forgotten Weapons - 03/07/18 01:03 PM
Hey all, Forgotten Weapons did a segment on an interesting SxS, very nice looking gun BTW. Just something of interest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwuB_rzXbx8

Best,

Greg
Posted By: B. Dudley Re: Intersting SxS On Forgotten Weapons - 03/07/18 01:32 PM
To include a SxS sporting gun on something with “weapon” in the title is just plain ignorant.
Posted By: Argo44 Re: Intersting SxS On Forgotten Weapons - 03/07/18 01:43 PM
Very interesting - looks like a crown engraved on one of the escutcheon plates. Nice barrels and good work. Wonder what it was used for? Wonder what it sold for?
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Intersting SxS On Forgotten Weapons - 03/07/18 03:10 PM
That thing is even uglier than an Over/Under and that's hard to do.
Posted By: bushveld Re: Intersting SxS On Forgotten Weapons - 03/07/18 03:15 PM
I have considered unusual that in past years I have seen Purdey videos where the Purdey spokesman has referred to their shotguns as "weapons".
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Intersting SxS On Forgotten Weapons - 03/07/18 03:19 PM
All those gold stick on's detract from its looks to me...Geo
George,
Absolutly, too many escutcheon or inlaid plates going on. Way over done.
Karl
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Intersting SxS On Forgotten Weapons - 03/07/18 03:42 PM
Originally Posted By: B. Dudley
To include a SxS sporting gun on something with “weapon” in the title is just plain ignorant.

And yet, that's just exactly what a sporting gun is: a weapon. The left has used their PC and thought police strategies to convince even us that the word weapon is something vile.

I won't allow myself to be used that way. When someone tells me I can't use an otherwise perfectly descriptive word because they say they are offended, I am offended. Speech control is thought control...Geo
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Intersting SxS On Forgotten Weapons - 03/07/18 03:45 PM
Yep, a shotgun doesn't really care what it blasts into oblivion as long as you're stupid enough to get in front of it. A shotgun is just fine with that.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Intersting SxS On Forgotten Weapons - 03/07/18 04:31 PM
Ribless side by side shotguns are not unknown. Purdey and Boss are two makers that come to mind.
Posted By: Remington40x Re: Intersting SxS On Forgotten Weapons - 03/07/18 08:39 PM
Wasn't one of the smaller British makers (Alex Martin, IIRC) known for ribless barrels?
Posted By: redoak Re: Intersting SxS On Forgotten Weapons - 03/19/18 02:36 PM
Yep, the Alex Martin Ribless is the one that comes to mind first for me.
Ditto!!
Ah, make that Ditto George!!
Posted By: damascus Re: Intersting SxS On Forgotten Weapons - 03/19/18 03:24 PM
May be this gun was built for a person that had a converging squint in both eyes. We don't see this type of eye problem nowadays because it is very operable. Though when this gun was built it was possibly more common.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com