doublegunshop.com - home
I saw it on the cover of an American rifleman. it was a close up of the receiver with a green backdrop.
it was a 28ga. sbs.
the only info I got on it was from the front cover photo footnote on the inside page. an article wasn't done on it.

so, help me find the hardest most interesting sbs i ever heard of.
its a 4 shot..... fausti fugal 4. the action was similar to a darne with a top pull latch. under the bbl chambers in the water table was a loading well where 2 extra shells were loaded. then 2 were put in the chambers. it was closed, fired, then, when you pulled the lever back, it ejected the 2 and when you pushed forward on the sliding breech, it picked up the next 2.
viola...a 4 shot repeater sbs.
I want one!
help!
What issue of Rifleman?
I'm sure Bobski will be able to purchase this gun at a price that both he and the seller will agree to. I can't wait until the road test.
How do you make it a 3 shot Limit?
Perhaps a snap cap in the 4th slot?
Karl
Is this like wanting to get a pure breed unicorn or is this a real gun? Any pics of this elusive sasquatch?
Bobski;
I have no idea now when that appeared, but I recall seeing a picture of a sliding breech 4 shot shotgun on the cover of a Rifleman magazine many years ago. I do not recall now if was a 28 gauge or who made it, don't recall it being Darne. I was thinking there was a story on it, but could be mistaken on that.
It was a Rifleman cover with a one or 2 pg story inside. Late 60's early 70's. If I recall it is in a Belgian Museum and is a one off.
I have book bound copies of the Rifleman from 1927 to 1999 and can look if no body finds it first, it will be a few days on my end.
Call the Fausti girls in Fredericksburg, Virginia and ask them if their company has anything to do with the four shooter. Personally, since I have done a testfire, I would prefer Tony Galazan's sixteen shooter pump gun. Why settle for four when you can have sixteen?
It was in the February of 1977 issue of The American Rlfleman.
The gun was not 28 gauge it was a 16, by Charles Leve, of Liege.
The article details a trip to the firearms museum in Liege, by Roger Barlow, a noted Darne fanatic. I don't believe the gun was a one off, the serial number was 204.
The holders for the second rounds for each chamber looked very Rube Goldberg, they were just springs that forced the fresh rounds up after the spent rounds met their fate with the ejectors.
It was unique, but, unique isn't always a good thing. Perhaps it was a wonderful gun, but, I'd not wager much on that. In my world, after two rounds, I pretty much call off the war, and collect what is down, or reload. Hopefully both, but, not always.
Not much need for four rounds in quick succession.

Best,
Ted
It had to be a 16.
Unique also means "didn't sell worth a darn".
Would it be too anal for me to correct the op's spelling of "elusive"?
Maybe he meant "ill usage"?
JR
Everything about this thread is anAl....
john, are you the spell cop?
ever think some of us try to type w/o glasses sometimes? lol.

none the less, it IS a sbs, and no one here ever made mention of it, so i thought id toss it out there as a unique discussion piece.
glad i could stir up some insight.....from serious posters. thanks for the serious posts.
ted, maybe it was a gun for shooters who stood and had birds driven to them?
Have you checked out the rotary action Hoenig SxS?

I have shot these guns, hunted with George and visited him at his shop in Idaho. These arms are really remarkable, and so is George.

Here's a link to a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncj3bux7c5o
Just got back from conducting a church service at Randall County Jail and saw this again, and said wonder what if I did a little work here smile

READ THIS smile

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=174957&page=1
Originally Posted By: John Roberts
Would it be too anal for me to correct the op's spelling of "elusive"?
Maybe he meant "ill usage"?
JR

No, I don't think it would be too anal at all John. A thread moderator who couldn't spell could possibly terminate the wrong persons.

But I do think that gun in the picture above is somewhat threatening, and possibly offensive to some Democrats here. Imagine the carnage that thing could be responsible for if it had a bump-fire stock! Isn't public perception of us bad enough as it is?
skeetx....bingo. thanks for the pic! wow, an 8 year archive. not bad.

for the flamers...

Illusion: adj. based on or having the nature of an illusion. Illusory, unreal, lacking in reality or substance or genuineness; not corresponding to acknowledged facts or criteria. If something misleads or deceives you.

Elusion: adj. failing to allow for or accommodate a clear perception or complete mental grasp; Hard to express or define. Difficult to find, catch, or achieve.
--------
either or works.
does anyone know of anyone stateside that has one of these for sale?
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com