doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: SKB sending an old gal home? - 06/01/07 12:50 PM
I have a pre-1898 English shotgun that a Gent in the UK wants to buy. I would like to sell it to him too. Due to the fact that it a pre-1898 gun, its no problem from this side of the pond. Is it OK to just send it to him? He says it is, but I thought a shotgun certificate was required in UK. Its a 2&7/8" 10 bore Tolley hammer gun. I would like to stay on the proper side of the law on both sides of the pond. Any UK members have any insight? Thanks gents.
Steve
Posted By: Mike Harrell Re: sending an old gal home? - 06/01/07 02:12 PM
SKB I believe that the 2 7/8" 10 bore is listed as an obsolete guage in Britian. You might want to check with some UK members but I believe its ok. Make sure of what you're doing. We wouldn't want you to become an international arms dealer.
Posted By: Fred Re: sending an old gal home? - 06/01/07 04:19 PM
I looked into a similar question and will pass on the answer I got.

If there is a better answer, I certainly hope someone will post it.

BATF told me that a firearms export license is required to send ANY firearm out of the country. The specific item I needed to send was (and is) all the metal (including receiver) of a Winchester 1894 commerative.

The paper work accompanying the license application was nearly one inch, so the problem remains.

I expect that someone out there (perhaps like Hill Rod and Gun??) might have an export license along with their import license. If so I hope we find them!
Posted By: SKB Re: sending an old gal home? - 06/01/07 05:17 PM
that is true....if it is considered a firearm, pre 1898 is not a firearm under the law.
Steve
Posted By: mc Re: sending an old gal home? - 06/01/07 05:35 PM
skb try mark beasland at mark@mbabllc.com he might be able to get you an answer. mc
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com