doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Bob Cash Hey Eightbore... - 01/26/18 05:25 AM
I sent you a couple of pm's. Guess you've been busy. Did your move go well?
Were you ever able to lay your hands on those Herman Heiser cases?

"Bob, Herman Heiser made those. Good luck finding them for a reasonable price. I have a couple that I would sell for about $400 each.
They are unbelievable cases that will never be made again."

Awaiting your reply.
Happy New year,
Bob
Posted By: Bob Cash Re: Hey Eightbore... - 01/28/18 04:33 PM
Doesn't look to promising regarding a Herman Heiser take-down case.

I hope you have better luck on that Purdey case you're interested in than I have had on these H.Heiser's.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Hey Eightbore... - 01/28/18 05:52 PM
I will root around some more.
Posted By: Bob Cash Re: Hey Eightbore... - 01/28/18 07:07 PM
Thank you for your response.
I would very much like one if you'll part with it and if it doesn't work out, just let me know.

My Fox, worthy of a H.H. case
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: Hey Eightbore... - 01/29/18 04:01 PM
Are they Leg O'Mutton or flat cases?
Posted By: PL Re: Hey Eightbore... - 01/29/18 06:42 PM
Originally Posted By: Recoil Rob
Are they Leg O'Mutton or flat cases?

Here are a couple;
Heiser
http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-fo...un_id=100978972

AH Hardy
http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-fo...un_id=100978979
Posted By: Bob Cash Re: Hey Eightbore... - 01/29/18 07:47 PM
Both nice cases, thank you.

Posted By: Calgary Bill Re: Hey Eightbore... - 02/03/18 06:59 PM
Hi Bob
I have a Heiser leather leg of mutton case for a two barrel set---very nicely tooled---came with a Model 21 I bought a few years ago---case is in exceptional condition. I had not heard of them at that time but I now realize their great quality and collectability.
Mine is marked " H H Heiser, Maker, Denver, Colorado" and under this is marked 745 and under that the number 3. Any idea when it was made---my guess is before WW 11. The M21 was made in 1956 so maybe the case was made for the gun, and maybe not. Is a tooled case uncommon? I presume the 745 is a model number but what does the 3 stand for?
I see that the Heiser company still exists but I doubt that they make gun cases any more.
Cheers
Bill
Posted By: james-l Re: Hey Eightbore... - 02/04/18 02:22 AM
Check out ebay #282830457827, have a Redhead like this that is 35" long and set up for 2 barrels.
Posted By: Bob Cash Re: Hey Eightbore... - 02/04/18 03:18 PM
Looking for this

PL kindly pointed out 2 but the one that I'd consider is not only expensive but will soon need repair.
C'mon eightbore, I'm "root"ing for you!

I'm also not sure in which part of the satchel case you carry the two concrete slabs??
Posted By: james-l Re: Hey Eightbore... - 02/10/18 02:00 AM
Bob, did you check this out?
http://www.jeffsoutfitters.com/LEACAS220...p;categoryid=11
Posted By: eightbore Re: Hey Eightbore... - 02/10/18 04:28 AM
Bob, I don't have any Heiser leg of mutton cases left after the Easton, MD show, but I do have a tri fold case that I would reluctantly offer for $775.00. I sold an unmarked tri fold for $650.00 at this show, and I was a bit disappointed that it sold. The one I still have is probably the best one left in the US.
Posted By: Bob Cash Re: Hey Eightbore... - 02/10/18 12:31 PM
Originally Posted By: eightbore
Bob, I don't have any Heiser leg of mutton cases left after the Easton, MD show, but I do have a tri fold case that I would reluctantly offer for $775.00. I sold an unmarked tri fold for $650.00 at this show, and I was a bit disappointed that it sold. The one I still have is probably the best one left in the US.

Wha-whaaat ??
What happened to
Originally Posted By: eightbore
Bob, Herman Heiser made those. Good luck finding them for a reasonable price. I have a couple that I would sell for about $400 each. They are unbelievable cases that will never be made again.

Thank you but no thank you...
I'm going rogue.

I don't know much about leather,
Is that slit near the top of the pictured hide where a cow would slip their head through ?? wink

Posted By: eightbore Re: Hey Eightbore... - 02/22/18 01:32 PM
Bob, the $400 case or cases were sold at the Easton, MD show. Are you still holding out for a non-takedown case? All of the burrito style cases I have seen were takedown for two guns.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com