doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Happy Independence Day! - 07/04/17 05:45 PM
I have a big farm bell in my back yard. Last night while listening to my wife's little fluffy house dog screech his displeasure at my neighbor's backyard fireworks display, I resolved to arise at daylight this morning and ring hell out of that bell in retaliation. Unfortunately, I overslept.

Happy 4th anyway...Geo
Posted By: craigd Re: Happy Independence Day! - 07/04/17 05:51 PM
And to you and yours Geo. Happy Fourth to all.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Happy Independence Day! - 07/04/17 06:00 PM
All the best to my American friends as you celebrate this auspicious date. You have created an amazing country.
Posted By: GLS Re: Happy Independence Day! - 07/04/17 06:15 PM
Geo, my late Aussie used to run for cover when he'd hear fireworks or thunder. My two Britts hear the same and want to go hunting. Happy Fourth to all. Gil
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Happy Independence Day! - 07/04/17 08:44 PM
Indeed- fireworks, Boston Pops concerts, and only one week until the All-Star Game. Will be drinking Sam Adams tonight and watching the neighborhood fireworks displays--Cheers!
Posted By: eightbore Re: Happy Independence Day! - 07/04/17 08:56 PM
In our Bi-Centennial year, the Beach Boys were performing on the National Mall. Same old thing this year. I was at Wolf Trap Farm in 1976. This year, I will be at home. The National Fireworks Display is visible from my house, but far enough away that I don't have to "claim space".
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Happy Independence Day! - 07/04/17 10:52 PM
Happy 4th of July.
Posted By: dal Re: Happy Independence Day! - 07/04/17 11:11 PM
Congrats America! Hope we have a great partner to the south for another couple hundred years!
Posted By: Karl Graebner Re: Happy Independence Day! - 07/05/17 12:00 AM
Happy 4th everyone. Proud to be an American and a Vet.
Karl
Posted By: dal Re: Happy Independence Day! - 07/05/17 12:45 AM
Thanks for your service Karl! Have a great day!
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: Happy Independence Day! - 07/05/17 03:35 AM
Ha ha that's funny! Hope everyone had a great day and was able to spend time with family.
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Happy Independence Day! - 07/05/17 09:06 PM
Amen to that. All Vets, no matter what branch of military service, who put their lives on the line to keep America free, deserve our utmost respect and recognition.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Happy Independence Day! - 07/06/17 12:32 AM
Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
All Vets, no matter what branch of military service, who put their lives on the line to keep America free, deserve our utmost respect and recognition.

Amen, and amen.

SRH
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Happy Independence Day! - 07/06/17 02:03 AM
Did my ritual on every July 4th and watched the movie 1776.

Like Shane, that movie never gets old.

© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com