doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: King Brown Chromed barrels - 01/16/17 10:32 PM
My nephew has a couple mint SKB 12ga Model 100s and wants to say goodbye to clickety-clacks. He believes they may have chromed barrels, and wants to know if the chokes can be opened to C or IC and LM.
Posted By: ed good Re: Chromed barrels - 01/16/17 10:39 PM
if in fact bores are chrome plated, spreader loads may be a better solution...
Posted By: mark Re: Chromed barrels - 01/17/17 12:26 AM
SKB 100s usually have chrome lined bores. Mike Orlen has Carbide tooling that and can open them up no trouble.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Chromed barrels - 01/17/17 12:44 AM
Chrome lined bores are no hindrance for Orlen. He also explained to me that the chrome plating can never "flake" or 'peel" off due to opening chokes or lengthening forcing cones. It becomes a part of the metal itself, he said, not a "lining" that could somehow separate itself from the base metal.

SRH
Posted By: King Brown Re: Chromed barrels - 01/17/17 01:31 AM
Appreciate your mail, gentlemen. I've emailed Mike.
Posted By: DAM16SXS Re: Chromed barrels - 01/17/17 03:14 AM
King, if you don't get a reply to your email, try calling him at 413-256-1630
Posted By: pooch Re: Chromed barrels - 01/17/17 03:36 AM
How about Briley? I'm thinking of them opening up my chrome lined barrels.
Posted By: GLS Re: Chromed barrels - 01/17/17 11:36 AM
King, best to call and not email Mike. He is incredibly fast in turnaround once he gets the barrels. Gil
Posted By: B. Dudley Re: Chromed barrels - 01/17/17 01:58 PM
Mike will do as good if not a better job than Briley for less money.
Posted By: Owenjj3 Re: Chromed barrels - 01/17/17 02:32 PM
I asked Jordan Smith to open the chokes on an Italian double from the 60s and when he got into them he found they were chrome lined and shipped them off to Briley with good results.
Posted By: keith Re: Chromed barrels - 01/17/17 03:13 PM
King, I thought you just told us that none of the young people in your family want anything to do with hunting. Is this just another attempt to portray yourself as a gun guy? You could always contact ex-Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens to see who does his barrel work:

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Looked up Levin in Wikipedia. Seems like some of my conservative friends. His book on the Court confirms my loosey-goosey characterization of its deliberations. Change and change again, nothing sacred or inviolable, eh?

"Men In Black: How The Supreme Court is Destroying America
Levin authored the 2005 book Men In Black: How The Supreme Court Is Destroying America, in which he advanced his thesis that activist judges on the Supreme Court (from all parts of the political spectrum) have "legislated from the bench." In a review of Men in Black, Commentary magazine's Dan Seligman wrote that Levin asks readers "to identify with 'originalists' who look to the text of the Constitution and the intent of its framers, and to reject the 'activists' who construe the Constitution broadly and are more concerned with getting to their own 'desired outcomes'."

That seems to put him at odds with the NRA-promoted amendment. Senator Stevens, a Republican appointee who served for 35 years on the Court with mostly Republican appointees and under three Republican chief justices, argues for amendments that would reduce the role of federal courts in American political life; in other words, amendments to entrench judicial restraint.

Levin and Stevens, on this evidence, appear to believe that the Second amendment should only apply only to those who keep and bear arms while serving in the militia, and not as an individual right. Stevens goes further in his book, saying democratic processes should decide on the matter, not the judges, as a remedy for "what every American can recognize as an ongoing national tragedy."

All from a Reagan conservative and a Nixon-appointed jurist.

Want to hear what Mark Levin really has to say about the meaning and purpose of the Second Amendment? Take 5 minutes to listen to this:[/color]

http://therightscoop.com/mark-levin-the-...cal-government/
Posted By: old colonel Re: Chromed barrels - 01/17/17 03:49 PM
Originally Posted By: keith
King, I thought you just told us that none of the young people in your family want anything to do with hunting. Is this just another attempt to portray yourself as a gun guy? You could always contact ex-Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens to see who does his barrel work:

Looked up Levin in Wikipedia. Seems like some of my conservative friends. His book on the Court confirms my loosey-goosey characterization of its deliberations. Change and change again, nothing sacred or inviolable, eh?

"Men In Black: How The Supreme Court is Destroying America
Levin authored the 2005 book Men In Black: How The Supreme Court Is Destroying America, in which he advanced his thesis that activist judges on the Supreme Court (from all parts of the political spectrum) have "legislated from the bench." In a review of Men in Black, Commentary magazine's Dan Seligman wrote that Levin asks readers "to identify with 'originalists' who look to the text of the Constitution and the intent of its framers, and to reject the 'activists' who construe the Constitution broadly and are more concerned with getting to their own 'desired outcomes'."

That seems to put him at odds with the NRA-promoted amendment. Senator Stevens, a Republican appointee who served for 35 years on the Court with mostly Republican appointees and under three Republican chief justices, argues for amendments that would reduce the role of federal courts in American political life; in other words, amendments to entrench judicial restraint.

Levin and Stevens, on this evidence, appear to believe that the Second amendment should only apply only to those who keep and bear arms while serving in the militia, and not as an individual right. Stevens goes further in his book, saying democratic processes should decide on the matter, not the judges, as a remedy for "what every American can recognize as an ongoing national tragedy."

All from a Reagan conservative and a Nixon-appointed jurist.

Want to hear what Mark Levin really has to say about the meaning and purpose of the Second Amendment? Take 5 minutes to listen to this:[/color]

http://therightscoop.com/mark-levin-the-...cal-government/

Another thread diversion, the question asked is about the modification of chromed bores. The answer is that it can be done and identified a gunsmith who can do the work (Mike Orlen) and how best to contact him.

Does it really matter whether or not someone in King's family has the SKB's or not, I believe the question useful for anyone visiting this board with a similar question of altering chromed bores.

While I can agree with you perceptions of what the Second Amendment means, I do not believe it repeatedly needs to be pasted in unrelated threads.

Keith do you have an actual contribution reference the actual question of altering Chromed Bores?
Posted By: King Brown Re: Chromed barrels - 01/17/17 04:10 PM
Gentlemen, Mike says he can do it but Homeland Security wouldn't allow him to send my nephew's barrels back from the US. Apparently anything: a brass bead, spring or latch is a firearm. So Briley is out, too.

I started search in Canada, and one response was: "We don't do it, and wouldn't do it to that good Japanese-made gun. If it's for duck hunting sell it and buy an 870 and have enough left over for years of ammunition."

I forwarded the information to my nephew. He replied that his SKB M/F had always worked well for him and he regretted being influenced by those slick S/As when they became the rage. Thanks everyone.

Posted By: keith Re: Chromed barrels - 01/17/17 04:15 PM
Thanks for your prompt and extremely predictable response old colonel... or should I call you old hypocrite?

I didn't get a chance to reply to your similar post in a timely manner in King Brown's "Queen of Guns" thread when you attacked me for bringing politics into the thread, because I've been busy with more important things like flintlock deer hunting. I made that post just for you, knowing that King never responds directly to me. I knew you would attack me for doing exactly what King had done there prior to me doing it. You recently went to great lengths to proclaim that you are not a hypocrite, and that you are not biased or selective in who you criticize. It was very easy to get you to rise to the bait to prove that you are full of shit. Does any of this sound double-gun related old hypocrite, I mean old colonel?

It was more than a mention, craig. He declared his misogyny publicly to the world, a professed right of celebrity to take what you want from women. Not for nothing some gal finished with millions more votes than he did.

C'mon, mc, I'm just like you, admiring some presidents, less so others, just as I do our prime ministers. Some members are tired of my praising Obama as one who will go down in history as one of the best. What's malicious in that? Just an opinion on an international board, no better than yours.

I wonder where your great concern and disapproval for thread diversions was when these posts were made????

My actual contribution to King was to advise him to ask his anti-2nd Amendment retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens who does his barrel work. Deal with it.
Posted By: Ithaca5E Re: Chromed barrels - 01/17/17 04:17 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the barrels black chromed on the outside, too?
Posted By: old colonel Re: Chromed barrels - 01/17/17 04:23 PM
Keith, this is where you could have added in that the restrictions created by the outgoing administration has caused harm to legitimate commerce without helping improve safety.

Further that the incoming administration may positively change those regressive, excessive, and generally silly limitations to encourage reasonable trade in goods and services.

All that and in topic with where the thread is going.
Posted By: keith Re: Chromed barrels - 01/17/17 04:35 PM
And this is where you could have had the stones to admit that you are a hypocrite and that you attack me for the very same things that do not concern you in the least when posted by certain other folks. I can admit that I don't like you or respect you. You can't because you're hung up on your faux civility. Now you need to accept the fact that I don't give a damn what a hypocrite like you thinks.

Now, here's a link to a thread where King was attempting to spread falsehoods about the NRA's stance on the 2nd Amendment. Much more interesting than your attempt to discuss the Obama administration's actions on trade and commerce.

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=368191&page=2

Posted By: King Brown Re: Chromed barrels - 01/17/17 04:36 PM
From Wikipedia:

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement.

Cure: don't respond.
Posted By: keith Re: Chromed barrels - 01/17/17 04:41 PM
Are you talking about posting anti-gun, anti-NRA, and anti-2nd Amendment garbage like the following on a firearms related website King? If so, then yes, I'd say you described yourself perfectly:

Ed, historically the individual "right" to bear arms is relatively new. I believe John Ashcroft in 2002 became the first federal attorney-general to proclaim that individuals should be able to own guns. The Supreme Court in 2008 overturned all mainstream legal and historical scholarship by ruling that there is an individual right to own firearms although with some limits. Obama said it again last week.

I believe that during the previous 218 years the Second meant what it said: firearms shall be held by "the People"---a collective and not individual right---insofar they are in the service of "a well-regulated militia." Was an individual right even mentioned at the Constitutional Convention or in the House when it ratified the Amendment or when debated in state legislatures? I don't think so.

Gun control doesn't work? I believe gun control works reasonably generally in Canada, providing a less violent society compared to some others, in good part because of our different culture.

Democracies make choices. Americans accept mass murder to defend an individual right to bear arms in the name of personal freedom.

P.S.-- Thanks for the response, Troll.
Posted By: Mike A. Re: Chromed barrels - 01/17/17 04:46 PM
The main issue with chrome-lined barrels is letting the 'smith know that they ARE chrome-lined so he is set up to work with them. Apparently finding out in mid-job with the wrong setup is a nasty surprise!
Posted By: King Brown Re: Chromed barrels - 01/17/17 04:59 PM
Apparently the hitch is the carbide tool, Mike, and from earlier posts there is no peeling away of the chrome. Feel positive I'll find a smith who does the work in Canada.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Chromed barrels - 01/17/17 05:12 PM
Some of the barrels were black chromed on the outside; some were not. But I believe that at least all the Japanese-made SKB's did have chromed bores. No idea whether the bores are chromed on the current Turkish-made SKB's.
Posted By: old colonel Re: Chromed barrels - 01/17/17 05:28 PM
And this is where you could have had the stones to admit that you are a hypocrite and that you attack me for the very same things that do not concern you in the least when posted by certain other folks. I can admit that I don't like you or respect you. You can't because you're hung up on your faux civility. Now you need to accept the fact that I don't give a damn what a hypocrite like you thinks.

I accept the fact your post are an irritant, that I am sometimes to weak to ignore.

You have the advantage of either knowing who I am or easily seeing it. Unlike you I am not a poster in hiding.

I realize that you don't give a dam about maintaining a level of courtesy. Further it appears you don't care how intelligently you make your points.

I noted that you could have intelligently entered the thread pointing out how King's found limitation on moving his barrels across the border are the result of the soon to be late administration's actions. An administration whose policies King appears to have supported. Instead you fall back to off topic bloviation by posting old and not on topic stuff. The originality of your posts could really use some work.

My happiness is not tied to your approval, nor is winning an argument with you. Your off topic posts are a bother which I feel free to point out. Just as you appear free to post. While we are entitled to free speech, I believe we are obligated to use it wisely.

How exactly am I a hypocrite?
Posted By: canvasback Re: Chromed barrels - 01/17/17 05:43 PM
King, try Stelios Chrysochou at SC Gunworks in Keswick, Ontario. Good chance he can handle it and his metal work is superb. And he's a great guy.

289 383 3450
stelios@scgunworks.ca

You can drop my name.....he'll go slower and charge more! LOL
Posted By: bladeswitcher Re: Chromed barrels - 01/17/17 06:15 PM
Originally Posted By: GLS
King, best to call and not email Mike. He is incredibly fast in turnaround once he gets the barrels. Gil

In my experience, the best way to work with Mike is to simply mail him your barrels along with a note explaining what you want done. Enclose a check based on his price list and you'll have your barrels back in a week to 10 days.

He's not real big on chatty communication but he gets the job done well and quick.
Posted By: King Brown Re: Chromed barrels - 01/17/17 06:37 PM
James, you're the man! $150 a barrel. Thanks
Posted By: King Brown Re: Chromed barrels - 01/17/17 06:48 PM
old colonel, no approval from me of everything about Obama, as it is with every administration. No one can please everyone.
Posted By: keith Re: Chromed barrels - 01/17/17 07:37 PM
Hey old hypocrite, I mean old colonel, do you really seriously have to ask why I say you are a hypocrite? You piously act as if I am doing something terribly wrong when I stray off-subject and make a political statement, yet you strangely seem to have zero problems when King or others do it. That's just one example. Here's a definition for you since you can't seem to grasp the obvious:

hyp·o·crite

noun: hypocrite; plural noun: hypocrites

a person who indulges in hypocrisy.
synonyms: pretender, dissembler, deceiver, liar, pietist, sanctimonious person, plaster saint; More
informalphony, fraud, sham, fake

I especially liked the "PLASTER SAINT" synonym for you. I didn't blame the outgoing anti-gun Obama administration for poor King's inability to ostensibly ship his nephew's barrels to Mike Orlen and have them returned to Canada because I doubt if it was Obama who enacted that particular restriction. It was likely some other Liberal Left Democrat that King also admired and openly supported here. Also, some other Canadians here manage to ship barrels to the U.S. have them rust blued and then manage to get them back, so I'm not certain we can trust what King said. Besides, King could have just flown them here in his bush plane and smuggled them back. Do you recall in August of 2015 how I repeated King's claim that he had (illegally) transported a pistol across the U.S.-Canada Border, and he accused me of lying. Yes, Mr Faux Civility, for several days publicly called me a liar when he knew good and well it was he who was lying again. He then made the wild assed claim that the gun he carried in his bush plane was not a handgun, but a Savage Model 24 .22/20 ga. survival rifle/shotgun. Then I reproduced his exact words from his post #360486 to prove that it was King who was once again lying to us:

Carry is mostly prohibited but the Mounties told me when I bought my first one 60-odd years ago that I'd never have any trouble anywhere if I used common sense, not do something foolish with people around. Used it in our wide open spaces and forgot to remove it several times crossing the border in my aircraft.

At that point, a man and a gentleman would have apologized for falsely claiming I was lying or shifting stories, but King doubled down, changed his story, and then claimed he was entitled to carry a handgun because he had a professional trappers license... which still would not have permitted him to illegally transport a handgun across the U.S. Border in the 1980's. Would you like me to replay the whole exchange for you Richard Hypocrite, or can I call you Dick Hypocrite, for short?
Posted By: old colonel Re: Chromed barrels - 01/17/17 08:41 PM
Based on what you have written:

You believe I single you out for diving into threads to divert them by injection personal attacks and cut and paste gun control related direct criticisms against someone posting in that otherwise unrelated thread.

You further believe that others regularly do this and I omit taking them similarly to task.

I note you fail to show any examples of this failure on my part to identify a repeat diverter of threads. You do note an exchange between you and King in August of 2015, but I don't see where that person jumped into a unrelated to gun control thread and injected the gun control issue. As for who told the truth then or now I cannot know. Not sure I care if you are both right or wrong in what appears to belong on a Judge Judy, my feelings got hurt episode.

What I can know is my call is for stopping the diversions of topics (as I have given up asking you to be civil in an earlier thread). Even "Faux Civility" is beyond what you seem to be willing to practice.

Keith who remains hidden, and likely to be forever so, my name is Michael, as shown in my profile email address Michael Dittamo. I am neither Richard, etc.

I now understand that your attack on King was first related to what you believe was his truthfulness in having the problem he described that was followed by you normal pasting of unrelated gun control trivia which clouded your intent. Like it really matters if the perfection of his question changed the nature of the discussion. Perhaps for a purist it might, but August of 2015 wow, the stinging attack on your character must still be hot and painful. Perhaps I should be wary of your future wrath and continue my Civility or stop challenging your strong, well grounded, and inherently excellent arguments altogether.

If my civility is Faux Civility that is better than your lack of civility, if I frustrate you in challenging your off topic attacks and remind everyone who bothers to read what the character of your particular posting is so be it.

What you have made clear to me is this really is all about animus and not principle.

If you were really interested in articulating and winning an argument about the Second Amendment then you would be arguing idea and facts and not name calling. You are capable of engaging in discussions without diatribe.

Maybe I should return to ignoring your bothersome posts. I wonder if Dave Webber tracks who is the most ignored poster on the website?

Maybe I should identify trolling when I see it with a trolling picture. You seem more than willing to paste and paste again stuff that has nothing to do with the thread, I could adopt your style of argument every time you insert a diversion of cut and paste with a clear notice of what it is for those who do not have you placed on ignore?

If you don't like what I post you too can place me on ignore.

PS I am surprised you defended the Obama Administration Department of Homeland Security as the source of the block that prohibited Mike Orlen from being able to ship the barrels back if King had sent them to him. Is it more important to attack King and Canada than identify the problems of US based export and import rules for sporting gun owners?
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Chromed barrels - 01/17/17 10:10 PM
Old COL,just put Keith on ignore. Can't tell you how relaxing it is to read posts here without stepping in troll turds.
Posted By: King Brown Re: Chromed barrels - 01/17/17 10:54 PM
For those who care to know and look him up as I did years ago, Michael Dittamo is not a person to be disrespectful toward and disparaged as he is here. Differences of opinion are common to boards, in fact their lifeblood. Insults and ridicule should have no place where members join together for information and camaraderie.
Posted By: old colonel Re: Chromed barrels - 01/18/17 01:46 AM
I am not concerned about respect or disrespect. I do not want or ask anything extra. I am just a guy who did a job. I deserve no more or less than anyone on this board. I only use my name to show I am in the open and don't hide. Nothing more

I plead for civility from everyone to include you King as well as others. That said my objective is to reduce the ridiculous thread diversions.

Disagreements are common and I refuse to take them personally

Larry, I choose not to ignore him at this point as I have at other times and I am no more obligated to do so than Keith is to ignore me.

I ask if others can't stand my post to please ignore me
Posted By: pooch Re: Chromed barrels - 01/18/17 02:01 AM
I have an old 60s Italian O/U which is very tight fitting and tight choked mod/full. I have three unused Briley chokes that are skeet, IC and Mod. Briley says they can install them. These chokes are exactly what I wanted for the gun. I had always thought of Briley being a first class outfit but now I'm hearing they are not so hot. I would appreciate more info as to your experiences with Briley,
Thanks
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Chromed barrels - 01/18/17 02:07 AM
The only job Briley ever did for me was fine. They threaded an old MX8 of mine for S1 series thin wall chokes. But ...... I have heard some horror stories about them in the last 5-6 years.

Personally, I'd feel more comfortable using Mike, right now.

SRH
Posted By: gjw Re: Chromed barrels - 01/18/17 11:25 AM
WOW!! Someone asks a simple liget question and gets flamed! Unbelievable. This board is really gone on the skids. Thanks you few who make this board into the Jerry Springer Show.

Good Luck King, hope the choke work you want done comes out perfect!
Posted By: old colonel Re: Chromed barrels - 01/18/17 01:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Stan
The only job Briley ever did for me was fine. They threaded an old MX8 of mine for S1 series thin wall chokes. But ...... I have heard some horror stories about them in the last 5-6 years.

Personally, I'd feel more comfortable using Mike, right now.

SRH

I have seen threads describing negative experiences with a number of different gunsmith. Some like Briley and Kody Kearcher. Like you I can only describe good experiences with both. I really need to take pictures and post the butt stock transplant Kody did as it was excellent. On Briley my good experience was in the last six months.

If someone posts a bad experience I am ok with that provided they are clear and straight with facts as at times things do go badly. I cannot think of a posting where I did not see what I thought was straight forward. I believe part of the value of this board comes from guys posting things about their good and bad experiences.

I have learned that long distance gunsmithing can be frustrating and requires real trust and exceptional patience (things always take longer than I expect except in rare instances. I had a gun with Kirk Merrington for more than two years for a six month job when he went down with Cancer. His wife offered to return it as is and I choose to wait and it turned out to be worth it when I got it back as the work was excellent.

In the end sending a gun out to be worked on is a leap of faith on everything from shipping it with UPS, to the quality of the work, to the timeliness.
Posted By: B. Dudley Re: Chromed barrels - 01/18/17 02:19 PM
Originally Posted By: gjw
WOW!! Someone asks a simple liget question and gets flamed! Unbelievable. This board is really gone on the skids. Thanks you few who make this board into the Jerry Springer Show.

Good Luck King, hope the choke work you want done comes out perfect!

Unfortunately, when a board tolorates political banter and incessant mud slinging, those grudges get boiled over into any other threads that those individuals participate in. Legit or not. Some just cannot help themselves.
Posted By: ninepointer Re: Chromed barrels - 01/18/17 07:21 PM
King,

Some time ago I inquired about the same thing with Precision Arms in Ontario and was advised its no problem.
http://www.precisionarms.ca/WebPages/SplashPage.htm
Posted By: keith Re: Chromed barrels - 01/18/17 09:07 PM
Originally Posted By: old colonel
I plead for civility from everyone to include you King as well as others. That said my objective is to reduce the ridiculous thread diversions.

Oh my, old hypocrite... I mean old colonel, you sound so very sincere and concerned about thread diversions and the purity of content here. Too bad it's all a crock of bullshit.

I would tell you to just take a look at the posts of the anti-2nd Amendment, anti-NRA, anti-gun King Brown to tell us if you could honestly say he has not engaged in as much or more thread diversion or political banter as anyone... even after he has preached against it. I'd ask you to do that, but it would be a complete waste of time because you won't do it, and even if you did, you couldn't be honest about what you would see.

As for King, no-one has so frequently diverted discussions to off totally topic crap about subjects like Canadian PM Justin Trudeau, pulpwood clear-cutting, "the ruinous racial legacy of the U.S. that almost tore the country apart in a Civil War", Civil Rights in the 1960's, producing an award winning wine--- which was actually made by someone else, and dozens of other non-double-gun topics. In addition, he has polluted this forum with his anti-2nd Amendment Liberal Left dogma and staunch support for the same anti-gun politicians who would gleefully gut the 2nd Amendment, which, like it or not, is the foundation of all gun ownership including double guns. And even though Fudd's and ostriches some here cannot stomach it, that is also the very foundation of this forum.

But none of that seems to bother you old hypocrite... I mean old colonel. But hey, if you keep throwing bullshit at the wall, some of it is sure to stick. Just ask your agenda driven pal King, who apparently hates seeing his own words replayed so that people can know what he stands for.

King Brown off topic Post #455933 on 9/11/16--
Americans and Canadians favour gun control, including background checks. Gun control is far down the list of concerns of electorates. Those who consider gun control a public issue more important than the economy, national safety and security, access to healthcare etc have legitimate concerns.

The Court departed from the original understanding of the Second. The NRA and other groups rejected the original interpretation. Even as late as 1991, the jurist Burger appointed by Nixon said "the Second Amendment has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud, I repeat the word 'fraud,' on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In 2008, in the District of Columbia v. Heller, what Burger said was fraud was accepted by the court. Interesting stuff.

What happened with King's serial dishonesty in August of 2015 does matter... just as it matters so greatly to you what I have posted in the past. Here he is in 2007, once again denying that the Framers of the Constitution ever intended the 2nd to guarantee an Individual Right to Keep and Bear Arms... and argument he has proffered repeatedly even after the 2008 Heller and McDonald decisions. But I keep forgetting that you are conveniently blind to such things --

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=38521&page=1

And here's the old fraud telling us that he is only interested in double-gun content being posted here --

Whatever Dave does with this dissolving phantasmagoria, my hope is that there's a cleanup of all the political partisanship and slogans, jingoism, imputing of motives and citizenship, and it's packed it off to another place on the board. I'm here to learn about doubles. I don't give a tinker's dam about someone's father or politician unless it relates to gun provenance or some activity in the shooting sports.

But wait... there's more...

http://doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=315978&page=3

Confront me all you like old colonel. It only gives me more opportunities to illustrate your hypocrisy and selective derision.
Posted By: old colonel Re: Chromed barrels - 01/19/17 01:33 AM
Keith, Your posts demonstrate you either can’t read and understand what I have written or can’t make a valid argument in reply.

I look at your argument. You seem to claim I am a hypocrite because I fail to call out thread diversions similar to yours and I fail to call out name calling similar to yours.

I then examine your quotes which appear in your mind to prove your point.

None are shown by you to be diversions of the thread's subject or flow. What was the subject and posts prior to his posts?. None appear to be name calling (as you often do)

Yes they prove King is an anti Second Amendment. Something I have never denied, or ever supported.

SO WHAT, I doubt anyone on this board is unaware of King’s positions. Just as I doubt very many, less than half a dozen, on this board might agree. I believe there might be a couple more than we know, but they stay silent to avoid serial harassment and insult from someone on this group trolling.

King’s honesty, which I made clear I did not care who was truthful or not on your August 2016 thread argument with King, I find it insightful that your King quote to prove him a liar contained opinions, (one I note our Supreme Court rejected), but one made in argument by the whole side of a political divide for years, to include lawyers arguing before the supreme court, and unfortunately in the past Justice Burger as he noted. So from this line of reasoning of someone whose argument is not your argument is a liar. You view of debate seems to leave you a unique and prefect moral high ground which renders all in disagreement evil and liars. A wonderfully intellectually lazy way to go, even when most watching your argument agree with your Second Amendment position in whole or part; not a position designed to actually sway with any effectiveness the unconverted.

Then again is your purpose to sway or simply beat down the opposition?

All your post proves is that because you vehemently disagree with another person’s position and find their position offensively incorrect (therefore a lie in your mind) that it authorizes you to post attacks on them whenever they post something whether it is related or unrelated online.

None of your posting show I have looked past diversions like yours which introduced unrelated Second Amendment and personal attacks. Maybe if you show the context in which they were made, they might, but I doubt it. If I dig carefully to look for your point of proof, hidden by you vitriol, you hold I am a hypocrite because I say I believe in the Second Amendment and the individual right to bear arms, but do not agree you on your campaign of postings. You seem to believe I am a closet supporter of the denial of Second Amendment rights.

As to confronting you? How could I do anything beyond drawing out your brilliant skills at persuasion as you hide out under a cyberbridge.

Posted By: L. Brown Re: Chromed barrels - 01/19/17 12:41 PM
King lives in a country that doesn't happen to have a 2nd amendment. Not many countries do. But it's a fine country . . . as is the UK, and we also have several contributors who live there. If they don't think they need a 2nd amendment . . . well, they still own guns and enjoy them. And I for one welcome their different perspective and contributions to this BB.

Old COL, you've hit the nail on the head about Keith. If everyone had to pass the "I must agree with Keith" test in order to post here, it'd be a pretty quiet place. (And far less interesting.) Maybe he ought to take a shot at starting and moderating his own doublegun BB.
Posted By: craigd Re: Chromed barrels - 01/19/17 02:17 PM
Originally Posted By: L. Brown
King lives in a country that doesn't happen to have a 2nd amendment. Not many countries do. But it's a fine country . . . as is the UK, and we also have several contributors who live there. If they don't think they need a 2nd amendment . . . well, they still own guns and enjoy them. And I for one welcome their different perspective and contributions to this BB....

A fresh perspective. Who would ever think that an antiquated amendment would linger so long past its usefulness, and end up being the barrier to uniting people of all walks.
Posted By: old colonel Re: Chromed barrels - 01/19/17 02:35 PM
Originally Posted By: craigd
A fresh perspective. Who would ever think that an antiquated amendment would linger so long past its usefulness, and end up being the barrier to uniting people of all walks.

I find the Bill of Rights very current to include the Second Amendment. Our country was not founded by people who wanted a central authority (King) to care for and distribute the largess (in other words the illiberal Social-Welfare State). The Constitution and the Bill of Rights are based on the theory of individual Liberty and the limitation of government's authority.

I believe strongly that those who believe them antiquated should go ahead see if they can sell that amendment change through the correct process of amendment. Note not even the Democrat party has tried to remove the Second Amendment through a legitimate amendment process. Unfortunately what I see is those who do not support the original intent of the constitution often try to take the illiberal route of judicial override and reinterpretation. While there is a natural evolution built into our Constitution, it is not and should never be the abrogation of rights through judicial fiat.

I do find it fascinating that often people try to explain away rights they don't approve of as antiquated, while failing to see the danger that method poses to the rights they claim to possess firmly.

This discussion really belongs in a new thread dedicated to the conversation.

On the subject of the modification of chromed barrels where we started the thread I actually learned something new in terms of the actual ease of changing constriction which previously I erroneously believed was a real problem with chromed barrels.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Chromed barrels - 01/19/17 02:43 PM
And yet you have a problem with keith?

Posted By: old colonel Re: Chromed barrels - 01/19/17 02:59 PM
My problem is not a belief in the Second Amendment. It is his diversion of threads through the insertion of Second Amendment attacks and personal attacks in unrelated threads.

Nowhere in my postings to Keith have I questioned the Second Amendment. I have questioned his style of argument some, but more importantly his place of Argument.

While I may respond to what someone else has posted, you will not find me starting the diversion, nor will you see me name calling. Although some see my term "illiberal" as such. I see it in terms of proper definition of what the American left actually is as they do not believe in the founding values that are true "liberal" values and are embodied in the Constitution and Bill of Rights. If someone sees that as an insult they must identify themselves as such and own it. My experience is the American Left would rather cast themselves not so much as liberals but as "progressives" I imagine this is because they have actually shed the true values held by liberals and further determined they gave the name "liberal" such a bad connotation they had to re-brand.

I have for the most part given up asking for civility as I realize manners for some are not possible. I don't think I will give up asking for a cessation of diversion for a bit
Posted By: keith Re: Chromed barrels - 01/19/17 03:16 PM
My gosh old hypocrite, I mean old colonel, step back and take a deep breath before you hyperventilate. You began your reply to me yesterday with the absurd observation that I cannot read or understand your posts, and then go on to demonstrate that it is you who can't read, understand, or make a valid argument in reply.

I'm only going to address a couple things here since you get overly excited and are prone to seeing things that aren't there.

First, I'd like you to show us where I ever said that King's quote about the opinions of Supreme Court Justice Burger were intended by me to illustrate that he is a liar.

I'm not going to explain it to you just now. I thought it was pretty simple, but apparently not simple enough for you. I just want you to show us what you accused me of.

After you are unable to do that, I'd like you to show us where I claimed that those quotes of King's anti-2nd Amendment rhetoric are examples of his own thread diversions. I did provide some examples of those too when I mentioned a small fraction his frequent trips into off-topic land such as... Canadian PM Justin Trudeau, pulpwood clear-cutting, "the ruinous racial legacy of the U.S. that almost tore the country apart in a Civil War", Civil Rights in the 1960's, producing an award winning wine--- which was actually made by someone else, and dozens of other non-double-gun topics. But I did not use direct quotes from him since most regulars here are quite familiar with his fulminations and B.S. Nor did I wish to reproduce entire threads within this thread just to provide a simpleton like you with "context". I really didn't think that was necessary for anyone with average intelligence. But if I really need to dumb things down to your level, just let me know.

You really seem stuck on the notion that my observation of your hypocrisy is centered around diversions that involve the 2nd Amendment. And this paranoid idea you have that I am somehow believing, or accusing you of being "a closet supporter of the denial of Second Amendment rights" is both false and absurd. Are you that desperate to prove your point that you have to make shit up?

If I ever hold the opinion that you are a 2nd Amendment troll and a supporter of anti-gun politicians like King or Ed Good, don't worry, I won't beat around the bush. I'll let you know directly and back up my opinions with direct quotes of your own words. And I'll make certain to do it when it is obvious that you are attempting to fly under the radar and pretend that you are pro-gun.

Here's an idea for you. Why don't you follow the example of King's little brother Larry and cry like a baby and ask Dave to lock this thread. When that doesn't work, you can say that you are ignoring my posts, but still respond to them. Oh, sorry, I forgot you already do that. And I'm sorry for bringing up more than one simple point at a time since you have such a rough time with that.

Posted By: keith Re: Chromed barrels - 01/19/17 03:24 PM

Nowhere in my postings to Keith have I questioned the Second Amendment. I have questioned his style of argument some, but more importantly his place of Argument.

There you go again old hypocrite... alluding to the false notion that I have somehow, somewhere questioned your belief in the 2nd Amendment. There must be some reason for this paranoia. Please share it with us in your next thread diversion.
Posted By: old colonel Re: Chromed barrels - 01/19/17 03:25 PM
You may actually have me in confusing you statement of "What happened with King's serial dishonesty in August of 2015 does matter" which was proceeded by the King quote included Burger.

I am not paranoid about your insult, just trying to find clear reasoning in your argument.

If you believe me a hypocrite fine. I simple believe your diversion posting to be example of internet trolling from your beneath the cyber bridge hideout.

I will continue to call out your diversion

Bless You

Posted By: old colonel Re: Chromed barrels - 01/19/17 03:29 PM

There you go again old hypocrite... alluding to the false notion that I have somehow, somewhere questioned your belief in the 2nd Amendment. There must be some reason for this paranoia. Please share it with us in your next thread diversion.

Perhaps if you could express what you mean better I would would understand what your points are instead of having to deduce them from your wandering barks about King with the glory of your cut and paste wanders.

Why do you insist on attacking and posting Second Amendment stuff in unrelated threads in which no one brought the issue up?
Posted By: keith Re: Chromed barrels - 01/19/17 03:32 PM
You are confused about a lot of things old hypocrite. Now you seem to be confusing paranoia of being branded anti-2nd Amendment with paranoia about an insult. It didn't take long for you to prove my assertion that you can't read.

I am not paranoid about your insult, just trying to find clear reasoning in your argument.

I have stated my reasons for reproducing the anti-gun rhetoric of Trolls like King and Ed on numerous occasions, including within this thread. If you feel compelled to call me out for interrupting their attempts to be anti-gun Trojan Horses, have at it. You won't stop me.

I have already told you I don't want or need blessings from a hypocrite like you. You sound like a certain self-professed atheist who frequently invokes the name of Jesus:

The roots I'm comfortable with are the radical---"to get to the root of"---and that's Jesus's teaching. The shame is how far the Christian community has drifted from it. We act irrationally from fear when the Christian message is to fear not, even death itself.We call ourselves Christian nations and stockpile ammunition, need concealed carry to protect ourselves and a regulated militia without regulations to protect us from our own governments, abandoning Jesus's teaching to defend it.

Posted By: old colonel Re: Chromed barrels - 01/19/17 03:47 PM
You are confused about a lot of things old hypocrite. Now you seem to be confusing paranoia of being anti-2nd Amendment with paranoia about an insult. It didn't take long for you to prove my assertion that you can't read.

I have stated my reasons for reproducing the anti-gun rhetoric of Trolls like King and Ed on numerous occasions. If you feel compelled to call me out for interrupting their attempts to be anti-gun Trojan Horses, have at it. You won't stop me.

I have already told you I don't want or need blessings from a hypocrite like you.

I guess I will have to remained confused as to your motives and beliefs and simply dime when I see a thread diversion.

And as my dear mother would always says "Bless you"
Posted By: keith Re: Chromed barrels - 01/19/17 03:56 PM
Yes old hypocrite... you will remain confused because it's true... you really can't fix stupid.

I have already told you I don't want or need blessings from a hypocrite like you. You sound like a certain self-professed atheist who frequently invokes the name of Jesus when he advances his anti-gun agenda:

The roots I'm comfortable with are the radical---"to get to the root of"---and that's Jesus's teaching. The shame is how far the Christian community has drifted from it. We act irrationally from fear when the Christian message is to fear not, even death itself.We call ourselves Christian nations and stockpile ammunition, need concealed carry to protect ourselves and a regulated militia without regulations to protect us from our own governments, abandoning Jesus's teaching to defend it.

Dave, Dave, Dave: you're like those fundamentalists who claim Jesus walked with the dinosaurs. There was no NRA at time of the Founding Fathers. The change was recent to what the Second is today. You acknowledge as "infringements" all those jurisdictions making the Second what they want it to be. But still the law.

Whether Americans carry because they can or have to is not the issue. They democratically make decisions on how they want to live. Their homicide record is not edifying among modern societies. It is a violent country.
Posted By: old colonel Re: Chromed barrels - 01/19/17 06:16 PM
You certainly don't hold anything back. Restraint and reason are not paramount to your vitriol

Your ability to look into my heart as a poster is just ridiculous, then again if you were not ridiculous I would not bother pursuing your diversions

Good day and God Bless (if only because it gets a raise out of you)

PS Another astoundingly insightful use of your cut and paste quotation library
Posted By: ninepointer Re: Chromed barrels - 01/19/17 06:20 PM
As much as its been said that all SKB-made Ithacas were chrome lined, I'm still left wondering. My 20 ga. Model 100 is obviously chrome lined, but the insides of the barrels of older 12 ga. version look like plain ol' steel.
Posted By: old colonel Re: Chromed barrels - 01/19/17 06:23 PM
I am not sure, but I believe if chromed you could test after cleaning the surface of oil with a drop of quick blue, if chrome it should not work.

I believe there maybe others on the site who could provide a better test
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Chromed barrels - 01/19/17 11:02 PM
Originally Posted By: craigd
Originally Posted By: L. Brown
King lives in a country that doesn't happen to have a 2nd amendment. Not many countries do. But it's a fine country . . . as is the UK, and we also have several contributors who live there. If they don't think they need a 2nd amendment . . . well, they still own guns and enjoy them. And I for one welcome their different perspective and contributions to this BB....

Well . . . the entire Constitution is "antiquated", but I don't think any parts of it--certainly including the 2nd amendment--are past their usefulness. I'm glad we have it.
Posted By: keith Re: Chromed barrels - 01/20/17 05:01 PM
Restraint and reason are not paramount to your vitriol

That statement makes absolutely no sense old hypocrite. Maybe you ought to invest in a dictionary and a thesaurus. Or you could always join forces with Larry Clown, and your combined I.Q.'s might reach kindergarten level. You shouldn't attempt to use such big words when you don't have the intelligence to string them together properly.

I have no ability to look into your heart, and never made such a claim. I only look at what you post here, and note your selective derision and faux civility. You even claim that faux civility is an admirable trait when it is simply another term for dishonesty. I"d bet that you don't even consider that referring to me as "ridiculous" would fall under your own hypocritical and self-righteous disapproval of name calling. Keep digging.

Glad you liked my copy and paste anti-2nd Amendment King Brown quotations. I did it knowing that would get a rise (not "raise"... close, but no cigar!) out of you. Here's more of King's doublegun relevant subject matter. Enjoy.

Democracies make choices. Americans accept mass murder to defend an individual right to bear arms in the name of personal freedom.

Your idiotic notion that we should ignore King's frequent anti-gun rhetoric, simply because it didn't occur in this particular thread, makes about as much sense as excusing the past perverted behavior of a pedophile, simply because he isn't presently raping a child. But I'm wasting my time expecting you to comprehend that.
Posted By: RyanF Re: Chromed barrels - 01/20/17 05:26 PM
Is it feasible to use an abrasive type hone to alter chromed chokes?
Posted By: King Brown Re: Chromed barrels - 01/20/17 07:43 PM
I believe they use carbide reamers.
Posted By: RyanF Re: Chromed barrels - 01/20/17 11:48 PM
I was thinking maybe as an alternate to a carbide tool for the home gunsmith.
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: Chromed barrels - 01/20/17 11:55 PM
I had the chokes opened on a shotgun with chrome lined barrels.
I did not like the finished look inside the barrels.

I have no complaint about the constrictions or performance of the chokes.

Just the micro finish after the chrome was machined out.

I don't know if Orlen polishes reamed barrels to mirror bright or not.

But I did not like the residual scratches in that set of barrels, and promptly sold it.
I should have specified a micro finish, and I didn't.
Live and learn.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Chromed barrels - 01/21/17 01:24 AM
Originally Posted By: ClapperZapper
I had the chokes opened on a shotgun with chrome lined barrels.
I did not like the finished look inside the barrels.

I have no complaint about the constrictions or performance of the chokes.

Just the micro finish after the chrome was machined out.

I don't know if Orlen polishes reamed barrels to mirror bright or not.

But I did not like the residual scratches in that set of barrels, and promptly sold it.
I should have specified a micro finish, and I didn't.
Live and learn.

Did you pattern them after having them opened? I have had this done and, just looking at the results, they looked rough. But, in patterning and in shooting, they are fine, i.e., they pattern great and break birds reliably.

SRH
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: Chromed barrels - 01/21/17 01:33 AM
Stan- Normally you read pretty comprehensively.

"I have no complaint about the constriction or performance of the chokes."

I'll even add, I spec'd the patterns to a certain % with a certain load, which I provided. They reamed to pattern %, and then polished the barrels.

I just felt that for what I spent, I should not have had scratches within the barrels.

They provided excuses for why they didn't polish everything to as close to the original brightness as was possible.

The chrome finish is very thin. After it's cut out, the soft barrel material is very polishable.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Chromed barrels - 01/21/17 01:50 AM
CZ, sorry that I overlooked some of your post, which I did. I wasn't really happy with the machining scratches that were left after mine were opened either. But, they shoot great. Sometimes, I think, results (actual results, not appearances) are more important than what we see when we look at the surfaces.

I'm not dissing you for selling the gun. I'm just more concerned with the results, as per patterns and results, than I am with the appearances of the finish. Again, no disparagement on your decision.

All my best, SRH
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: Chromed barrels - 01/21/17 02:13 AM
Stan, I was just poking you. I know you just overlooked that sentence.

People don't do this, and it's part of my distaste for the barrel reaming of vintage doubles,
"But if you are going to do it, settle on a load, and ream to pattern".

It's expensive and time consuming, but it's also the reason you are doing it in the first place. And people forget that in their haste to ream.
Posted By: old colonel Re: Chromed barrels - 01/21/17 04:27 AM

That statement makes absolutely no sense old hypocrite. Maybe you ought to invest in a dictionary and a thesaurus. Or you could always join forces with Larry Clown, and your combined I.Q.'s might reach kindergarten level. You shouldn't attempt to use such big words when you don't have the intelligence to string them together properly.

I have no ability to look into your heart, and never made such a claim. I only look at what you post here, and note your selective derision and faux civility. You even claim that faux civility is an admirable trait when it is simply another term for dishonesty. I"d bet that you don't even consider that referring to me as "ridiculous" would fall under your own hypocritical and self-righteous disapproval of name calling. Keep digging.

Glad you liked my copy and paste anti-2nd Amendment King Brown quotations. I did it knowing that would get a rise (not "raise"... close, but no cigar!) out of you. Here's more of King's doublegun relevant subject matter. Enjoy.

Your idiotic notion that we should ignore King's frequent anti-gun rhetoric, simply because it didn't occur in this particular thread, makes about as much sense as excusing the past perverted behavior of a pedophile, simply because he isn't presently raping a child. But I'm wasting my time expecting you to comprehend that.

Let's look in context at the sentence that apparently was beyond your comprehension just as repeated requests for you to stop diverting threads with attacks not related to the actual subjects of the thread is beyond your ability to accept.

You certainly don't hold anything back. Restraint and reason are not paramount to your vitriol

Restraint - "a measure or condition that keeps someone or something under control or within limits." something you do not show

Reason - "the power of the mind to think, understand, and form judgments by a process of logic." again something you do not show as often as I think you believe you do

paramount - "more important than anything else; supreme"

Vitriol - "cruel and bitter criticism."
Your diverting posts

So to make this simple for you as the definitions and proper use escaped you: You do not make restraint or reason important in your off topic posts

I have no problem with your attacking King's positions when he posts "anti-gun rhetoric," As you note my problem is with you posting attacks not in keeping with subject of the threads and I add statements made in the thread. As I have said before I have given up asking you to be civil. Your pedophile analogy may make since to you, but I see it as a foolishly false analogy. Your extreme sensitivity creates a fallacy that consists in assuming that because two things are alike in one or more respects, they are necessarily alike in some other respects.

You seem to believe pedophilia, a clearly defined crime which civilized society across the political spectrum agree, is the same as differing beliefs as to gun control. While most on this board are strong supporters of the NRA definition of the Second Amendment, I have yet to hear calls for the crimilization of free speech we find repugnant and thoroughly disagree with.

I comprehend that you have an extreme view. You possess a unreasonable and flawed justification to inserting your Gun Control attacks in unrelated threads.

I have stated my reasons for reproducing the anti-gun rhetoric of Trolls like King and Ed on numerous occasions, including within this thread. If you feel compelled to call me out for interrupting their attempts to be anti-gun Trojan Horses, have at it.

You use the term "Trolls" in referring to what I believe you see as their repeated irritating and wrong gun control beliefs in gun control threads. You then appear to posit that their participation in non-gun control threads are "Trojan Horse" activities that will give their gun control beliefs credibility.

The belief that the members of this board will be converted by pleasantries outside of gun control threads demonstrates you must have little faith in the members of this board having the good sense to know better. It shows you must believe that if we are civil and we get along with others on areas we have common interest that we could be converted away from their belief in the Second Amendment and what it means.

The rules of our board on open speech are clear and I support Dave Weber in his administration of this board. I support free speech. I support responsible speech. I do not believe the insertion of attacks and gun control subjects where that have not been raised is responsible. I will continue to call you out for your insertions and I doubt you will be converted to a more reasonable and responsible approach.

In the past ignoring you did not work for me as I am sick of your unrelated negative posting which at times I still saw referenced by others. One day I might ignore you and if you don't want to read my observations you could always ignore me.

Your actions of off-topic insertion are nonsense and Trolling.
Posted By: old colonel Re: Chromed barrels - 01/21/17 04:32 AM
PS Keith forgot to say Bless You
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Chromed barrels - 01/21/17 12:56 PM
Keith and reason are like oil and water: They don't mix.
Posted By: 2-piper Re: Chromed barrels - 01/21/17 01:23 PM
This is just a thought, not in any way positive. However I highly suspect when one orders a choke opened "To Pattern" when that pattern is achieved the workman Stops, right there. Any further work might well change the pattern, even the simple act of polishing it up.
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: Chromed barrels - 01/21/17 01:49 PM
You are correct Miller.
Unfortunately, I also view that response as the lazy man's reply to the matter.

I suspect all barrel reamers have that excuse close at hand, all the time.

It's not the scratches that determine pattern. Just customer satisfaction.
Posted By: keith Re: Chromed barrels - 01/21/17 04:08 PM

My gosh old hypocrite, you are even more stupid than I thought. Either that or dishonest. Or stupid and dishonest. Even after you dissected your nonsensical statement ALMOST word for word in yet another attempt to prove me wrong, you show us either your stupidity or your dishonesty by leaving out one little word. This time I put it in bold letters for you. It changes everything.

Your statement made absolutely no sense old hypocrite. And your explanation of it makes no sense either when you leave out a very important piece of the sentence. Maybe you ought to invest in a dictionary and a thesaurus. Did Larry Clown PM you and help you with that foolish explanation? He also has a problem admitting when he is wrong, and also used to make ever larger posts attempting to make excuses for stupid and wrong things he wrote. When that didn't work, he would cry like a baby to Dave and ask him to lock the thread. When that didn't work, he said he was ignoring me, yet still responded to my posts.

You shouldn't attempt to use such big words when you don't have the intelligence to string them together properly. And when you are clearly wrong, you should just buck up and admit it. How many hours did you struggle with your lame, incorrect, and idiotic excuse?

You are more dense than depleted uranium old hypocrite. And once again you are attempting to say that I believe things that I never claimed to believe. Are you stupid or dishonest? Of course believing in or supporting gun control is not the same as pedophilia. I never said that. I made an extreme analogy to make something very simple for you to understand. Apparently it wasn't simple enough for someone as dense as you.

Here it is in plain English. Based upon what King (and a couple others such as Ed Good) post here, it is my opinion that they are here to undermine the 2nd Amendment gun rights of law abiding U.S. citizens. My opinion of them is based solely upon the totality of their own words which they post here. Each thread is not a snapshot in time... even if it is for dense folks like you. If they did nothing but post anti-gun rhetoric and support for anti-gun politicians on this shotgun forum, they would quickly get skewered and probably banned. But they think they are clever enough to fly under the radar by occasionally pretending to be gun guys and supporters of gun rights. They typically do that when things get hot for them and an increasing number of guys began voicing displeasure with their anti-gun rhetoric. Even someone as dumb as you may have noticed that King was recently taking a greater than usual number of negative replies, even from people who would normally say nothing, as he staunchly defended and supported anti-gun Hillary Clinton, and repeatedly denigrated the pro-2nd Amendment candidate Donald Trump.

I was certain, from his past history, that he would soon post some crap to pretend that he was actually a gun guy... just as he did here and in his recent "Queen of Guns" thread.

But these Trolls always go back to posting their anti-gun rhetoric and support for anti-gunners when things cool down. So I decided a while back that if King was really proud of his anti-gun rhetoric, he wouldn't mind if I frequently reminded everyone just where he stands and remind them just what he is doing... by using his own words. Obviously, by his responses, he is anything but proud of it, and he always attempts to change the subject and shoot the messenger. I love it.

You, old hypocrite, seem to wish to give him cover under the guise of faux civility. I have explained many times why I keep King's anti-gun, anti-NRA, and anti-2nd Amendment rhetoric front and center, yet you keep saying you don't understand why I do it, or agree with it. As I said, in my opinion, that makes you either stupid or dishonest. Which is it?
Posted By: 2-piper Re: Chromed barrels - 01/21/17 04:12 PM
CZ;
My question is if you ordered a specific pattern with a specific load & he got it. If the Smith had then polished up the choke & changed the pattern would you then have been a "Satisfied Customer" or would you have complained, Well he did a fantastic Looking Job, but I didn't get the pattern I asked for.
Just trying to look at the situation from both perspectives. I do not necessarily see it as "Laziness" when the Smith gets what you ordered to stop there.
Posted By: old colonel Re: Chromed barrels - 01/21/17 04:20 PM
Keith, discussion and argument with you is useless. You will not get it, just as you do not put reason or restraint ahead of your bitter attacks.

Your argument is a one trick pony past its prime. All said rather sad.

Your out of context posting in unrelated threads is trolling.

May you develop some restraint some day, Bless You
Posted By: keith Re: Chromed barrels - 01/21/17 04:30 PM
If it was discussion and argument you posted yesterday, that would be one thing. But you attempted to make me look bad, going to great lengths and making excuses for your nonsensical statement, by intentionally leaving out one very important word. But you don't have the stones to own up to that even though it changes everything you said. That is what is rather sad. I asked if you were stupid, or dishonest. So which is it? Both?

Your mocking of God by offering blessings to me reminds me of a local heating contractor who always put Bible verses and blessings in his newspaper ads. He ended up going to prison for bilking old women and other unsuspecting customers by telling them their furnace needed replacement when all it needed was some inexpensive part like an igniter or flame sensor. He dramatically overcharged them for the new furnace that often was actually a used furnace that he stole from a previous customer by telling them that it was shot. He would clean them up and resell them as new furnaces at highly inflated prices.

But hypocrites like you often fool people by being hypocritical, don't they?
Posted By: ninepointer Re: Chromed barrels - 01/22/17 09:58 PM
Guys, would you mind using this board's private message feature to conduct your political debate and parsing of words?

This thread was about chromed barrels and some us new guys come here to learn from the vast amount of gun knowledge found among this board's members.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com