doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: bbman3 staining hardened acraglas - 04/23/16 12:31 PM
I doubt it can be done but anyone had any luck staining it? Thanks,Bobby
Posted By: John Roberts Re: staining hardened acraglas - 04/23/16 01:04 PM
Try this:

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-...s-prod9816.aspx
JR
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: staining hardened acraglas - 04/23/16 01:09 PM
It's gonna be tough to get any stain to penetrate cured epoxy, I'm afraid, but if you want to try the Pilkington solvent based stain and don't have any I've got two different colors you can try, Bobby. I have the pre-64 and the English red.

SRH
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: staining hardened acraglas - 04/23/16 01:25 PM
I just remembered something I recently found that might help, Bobby. I have been reshaping a buttstock to more of a "Foxy" style, and while staining it I found that, on the left side of the comb there was a tiny spot, about the size of the head of a straight pin, that would not take the stain. It stayed the natural wood color even after several coats of dark walnut. I found a brown colored Sharpie felt tip pen at a Hobby Lobby and, knowing that they're pretty well waterproof, decided to see how it would do at hiding the spot. I gently touched the sharp point of the pen to the spot and it absolutely disappeared. You might want to give one a try and see. Can't hurt a thing to try it.

SRH
Posted By: bbman3 Re: staining hardened acraglas - 04/23/16 03:40 PM
Thank John and Stan I will try you suggestions,i have the stain you mentioned. Bobby
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com