doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: 78CJ Parker Reproduction turkey! - 04/20/16 12:26 PM
Thanks to all those who helped with the suggestions to put this fine double back into service for a lefty! The stock was cast off considerably and was successfully returned to neutral, even a touch on I guess.

Federal Heavy weight 1 oz load of 6's did the trick at 25 yards

Posted By: bbman3 Re: Parker Reproduction turkey! - 04/20/16 12:47 PM
That is a big turkey! Bobby
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Parker Reproduction turkey! - 04/20/16 01:40 PM
Good job @ 25 yds! Spurs?
JR
Posted By: DAM16SXS Re: Parker Reproduction turkey! - 04/20/16 02:37 PM
Twenty-gauge or twelve?
Posted By: 78CJ Re: Parker Reproduction turkey! - 04/20/16 04:23 PM
Twenty Ga. the Left barrel is choked pretty tight. 97 pellets in 10" at 20 yards. The right had 55. The patterns were near perfect at that range as one would expect from a double like this.

Ryan
Posted By: DAM16SXS Re: Parker Reproduction turkey! - 04/20/16 05:56 PM
Nice!

I brought my 28 ga. Repro IC/MOD turkey hunting. The left MOD pattern was extremely dense at 25 yards. No luck at 'fly down' time but later in the morning in the hardwoods with the warm sun streaming down I fell asleep....
I awoke to the sound of rustling in the leaves... It was a huge 'veloci-raptor' of a gobbler sneaking away from me just going behind a big blow-down. I never had a chance!.... well, I had a chance but fell asleep.
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Parker Reproduction turkey! - 04/20/16 06:17 PM
Originally Posted By: DAM16SXS
Nice!

I brought my 28 ga. Repro IC/MOD turkey hunting. The left MOD pattern was extremely dense at 25 yards. No luck at 'fly down' time but later in the morning in the hardwoods with the warm streaming down I fell asleep....
I awoke to the sound of rustling in the leaves... It was a huge 'veloci-raptor' of a gobbler sneaking away from me just going behind a big blow-down. I never had a chance!.... well, I had a chance but fell asleep.

Never underestimate the value of getting good sleep.
Posted By: 78CJ Re: Parker Reproduction turkey! - 04/21/16 10:06 PM
Originally Posted By: John Roberts
Good job @ 25 yds! Spurs?
JR

Spurs were all but non-existant. Funny, I have not killed a bird here with spurs over 3/4 inch and even then they were nearly round and he had a nearly 10 inch beard.
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Parker Reproduction turkey! - 04/22/16 01:05 AM
Understand, 78CJ (Jeep?). Funny the way spurs go sometimes. I've been limiting myself to one turkey a year, and the one I shot this year had a 10" beard with no spur on one side and a 1/2" spur on the other. Good to get him out of the gene pool.
JR
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com