doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: James M Gunbroker heads Up! - 03/06/16 05:39 AM
It is being reported by multiple users on the S&W Forum that Gunbroker has been hacked and they are having all kinds of problems with unauthorized and definitely unwanted software being downloaded. The recommendation is to use a lot of caution if you're accessing this site and to disconnect if you detect any potential problems.
Jim
Posted By: HuskyPaul Re: Gunbroker heads Up! - 03/06/16 10:43 AM
There has been a pop-up associated with the Gun Broker site stating you need to download the latest version of Flash Player or Java to view the site. Once up the Trojan will not let you back out (x-out) of the site. I did a control alt delete to task and stopped the program. Site appears to be clean the last few days.
Posted By: DAM16SXS Re: Gunbroker heads Up! - 03/06/16 11:36 AM
I access gunbroker at least once daily and have been doing so for a decade or more and have not experienced this problem.
Posted By: redoak Re: Gunbroker heads Up! - 03/06/16 12:53 PM
I had what James & Paul described happen to me when I accessed Gunbroker late last nite.
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Gunbroker heads Up! - 03/06/16 01:16 PM
Guns 'n Roses always a safer play, lads. Just like when I was about 10, and asked my Grandfather what a "stock-broker" did for a living- His reply- "Well son, you buy the stocks he is touting, and then you become broker-broker than before."
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Gunbroker heads Up! - 03/06/16 02:48 PM
The screen for downloading the Flash Player or Java script, IF you accept, will then tell you its needs to lower your firewall protection in order to download the Flash Player or Java Script. DON"T ACCEPT THAT and opt out if you've gone that far.

IF you accept then down comes your firewall protection and in comes a ransom virus that will lock everything, including every file on your computer and even your mouse from operating until you pay the ransom.

Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Gunbroker heads Up! - 03/06/16 03:45 PM
Thanks- I went in looking for gun parts-no Java except what I was drinking from my coffee mug. In and out- like a thief in the night-or Knight- if in Camelot I should guess.
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Gunbroker heads Up! - 03/07/16 01:30 AM
Just went to Gunbroker at 8:28 PM (ET) today and just got attacked again. Same message, 'You're new Flash Player is ready to download"
Posted By: skeettx Re: Gunbroker heads Up! - 03/07/16 01:55 AM
Are you using Firefox or Chrome or IE or what?
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Gunbroker heads Up! - 03/07/16 03:51 AM
Microsoft 8.1
Posted By: keith Re: Gunbroker heads Up! - 03/07/16 07:45 AM
Microsoft Windows 8.1 is an operating system. Skeetx wanted to know what you are using for a web browser. Here's a comparison of web browsers.

http://tiptopsecurity.com/safest-web-browser-chrome-firefox-ie-opera-safari-comparison-chart/

I've been having a lot of problems with Gunbroker that began shortly before their recent changes. I'm certain it has a lot to do with their advertising content, and their support staff hasn't been very helpful. It got better after the recent changes, but not much. The search page takes longer to load than almost any other website I visit. It usually initiates the plugin-container.exe process in Task Manager as an add-on for Firefox, which I use as a web browser. Plugin-container.exe running in conjunction with Firefox is a resource hog that often slows things down until I manually go to task manager and end it, sometimes multiple times. I had it disabled for a while and will probably do it again. But I got a couple bad viruses when I used Internet Explorer. And I learned that even very good anti-virus software won't always be enough and won't always detect every threat.
Posted By: mark Re: Gunbroker heads Up! - 03/07/16 12:40 PM
Not a good time to be selling on Gunbroker!
Posted By: 1cdog Re: Gunbroker heads Up! - 03/07/16 01:04 PM
Not a good time to be shopping there either.

I just had an attack on my Mac by visiting Gunbroker!

Word to the wise - avoid that place until they get their house in order.
Posted By: Virginian Re: Gunbroker heads Up! - 03/07/16 01:32 PM
I run Chrome and AdBlock and have had zero issues on GunBroker. On some other sites, mostly links off Facebook, Norton blocks the links and I get a warning pop up window.
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Gunbroker heads Up! - 03/07/16 01:34 PM
Originally Posted By: keith
Microsoft Windows 8.1 is an operating system. Skeetx wanted to know what you are using for a web browser. Here's a comparison of web browsers.

http://tiptopsecurity.com/safest-web-browser-chrome-firefox-ie-opera-safari-comparison-chart/

I've been having a lot of problems with Gunbroker that began shortly before their recent changes. I'm certain it has a lot to do with their advertising content, and their support staff hasn't been very helpful. It got better after the recent changes, but not much. The search page takes longer to load than almost any other website I visit. It usually initiates the plugin-container.exe process in Task Manager as an add-on for Firefox, which I use as a web browser. Plugin-container.exe running in conjunction with Firefox is a resource hog that often slows things down until I manually go to task manager and end it, sometimes multiple times. I had it disabled for a while and will probably do it again. But I got a couple bad viruses when I used Internet Explorer. And I learned that even very good anti-virus software won't always be enough and won't always detect every threat.

Oh, confused I guess I don't really know the difference. Yahoo is my 'Home' page and I guess it would be Microsoft Internet Explorer?
Posted By: ed good Re: Gunbroker heads Up! - 03/07/16 02:16 PM
your problems may not be related to gunbroker...chrome browser, avast anti virus and ad blocker works for me when surfing the web...
Posted By: LeverHead Re: Gunbroker heads Up! - 03/07/16 03:11 PM
I wonder if/how it effects the mobile app.
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Gunbroker heads Up! - 03/07/16 03:54 PM
I was on a team under a guy who had his PhD in computer engineering and what he could do to a computer amazed the heck out of me. Pretty scary if in the wrong hands.
Posted By: James M Re: Gunbroker heads Up! - 03/07/16 11:16 PM
I got on Gunbroker using Chrome instead of the usual Internet Explorer but without logging into the site. I was on there for less than 5 minutes before some software wanted me to do a download. I exited post quick so I expect they're still having problems.
Jim
Posted By: tudurgs Re: Gunbroker heads Up! - 03/08/16 12:21 AM
Has anyone tried to contact the folks at Gunbroker?
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Gunbroker heads Up! - 03/08/16 03:11 AM
Zero trouble with either my Apple iPad or on my two PC computers--running IE on both.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Gunbroker heads Up! - 03/08/16 03:44 AM
I run a Mac and use Safari as my browser. That's usually a pretty tough combo, but I ain't goin' anywhere near Gunbroker for awhile. I can live without it until they get the mess cleaned up. It might would be alright but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

SRH
Posted By: Dwight Beske Re: Gunbroker heads Up! - 03/08/16 03:48 AM
I have had trouble with my Mac and the flash player pop up on Safari the last few days. I sent them a note about it but it also was in my google chrome browser yesterday. I decided to stay out of there until they get it fixed. They were going to check their adv. department. It wants you to buy a cleaner for the Mac.
First trouble I have ever had on the site.
Posted By: tut Re: Gunbroker heads Up! - 03/08/16 10:50 AM
Tried to send a message to a seller this morning and it wouldn't let me. They still are having problems on that site.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com