doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: bbman3 Ken Hurst is back in business. - 02/21/16 07:19 PM
You can call Ken Hurst at 252 508 6521 he would like to hear from his friends and customers his health has improved. Bobby
Posted By: bluedcanoed Re: Ken Hurst is back in business. - 02/21/16 07:47 PM
This is great news! Welcome back, Ken.
Posted By: Tim Carney Re: Ken Hurst is back in business. - 02/21/16 08:18 PM
Thank you, Bobby, for posting Ken's number. I'd lost track what with some travels overseas and his acquiring a new phone number.

Just spoke at length with Ken and learned that his health is improving to the point that he is looking to start a small business doing hand polishing of firearms that need to be refinished. He is not/not thinking about resuming engraving yet, but he figures that he could save someone money by doing serious hand polishing, not buffing, that would get a firearm ready for refinishing. This would normally have, say, an engraver charging those high hourly rates just to polish to the point that engraving could start.

Ken asked about this business model and I honestly replied that I don't know enough about the gun business to answer intelligently. I will travel down to his home Saturday and would give him any feedback board members care to share.

NOTE: Ken no longer has a computer so the phone or a letter to his Robersonville home is the way to contact him.

Regards, Tim
Posted By: Norm Re: Ken Hurst is back in business. - 02/21/16 10:01 PM
That's good news.
Posted By: James M Re: Ken Hurst is back in business. - 02/21/16 10:35 PM
This is truly good news as I for one have missed Ken's presence on this forum1
Jim
Posted By: Philbert Re: Ken Hurst is back in business. - 02/21/16 10:41 PM
Welcome back, Ken!
Posted By: Rocketman Re: Ken Hurst is back in business. - 02/21/16 11:12 PM
Anything we could do to restore Ken to the board? Great the hear he is better/up and kickin'.

DDA
Posted By: bbman3 Re: Ken Hurst is back in business. - 02/21/16 11:30 PM
Ken has no computer i know he will appreciate some calls. Bobby
Posted By: David Williamson Re: Ken Hurst is back in business. - 02/22/16 12:05 PM
That is very good news to hear. I hope that Ken gets a computer and will post again on here. It was always nice to read Ken's posts.
Good luck.
Posted By: gil russell Re: Ken Hurst is back in business. - 02/25/16 02:21 AM
First class guy and first class engraver. I look forward to talking with him. Gil Russell Tucson AZ
Posted By: Tim Carney Re: Ken Hurst is back in business. - 06/14/16 07:24 PM
Continue to stay in touch with Ken as he is doing a job of engraving for me on a .22 K-hornet double rifle action.

His health continues to improve although he is far from 100%. He is ready and willing to resume small engraving jobs and I am pleased to post his current phone number, as of 13 June. He remains at home in Robersonville, NC at 300 S. Main St.

Give him a call at 252-661-0049.

Regards, Tim
Posted By: tw Re: Ken Hurst is back in business. - 06/14/16 07:47 PM
Its great to learn that Ken's health has improved and that he is doing some work again. His presence here was always appreciated. I quite like his art and he was always the gentleman, easy to communicate with. I hope his health continues to improve. Please give him our kindest regards when you visit.

tw
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Ken Hurst is back in business. - 06/14/16 08:09 PM
Good to hear he is doing well.
Posted By: bbman3 Re: Ken Hurst is back in business. - 06/14/16 08:43 PM
That is great. Bobby
Posted By: Last Dollar Re: Ken Hurst is back in business. - 06/14/16 08:45 PM
Good to hear!
Posted By: popplecop Re: Ken Hurst is back in business. - 06/15/16 12:57 AM
Very glad to hear that he's back at work. Missed his pictures of the engraving.
Posted By: Perry M. Kissam Re: Ken Hurst is back in business. - 06/18/16 02:07 PM
When did Ken relocate to Robersonville from Wagram, up near Red Springs?
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Ken Hurst is back in business. - 06/19/16 11:52 AM
Good to know...his engravings of dOgs was so realistic.
Posted By: Tinker Re: Ken Hurst is back in business. - 04/17/18 02:52 PM
I spoke with Ken on the telephone late last week.
His health has been an issue, and he has been away from the bench.

Send him love.

Cheers
Tinker
Posted By: Tinker Re: Ken Hurst is back in business. - 04/21/18 04:43 PM
I just got off the phone with Mr Hurst.
He's still in the hospital, yet through the discomfort and pain his only request was to send him anyone who is wandering so that he could be the messenger of Jesus.

Amazing fellow. He's been so much of an inspiration - his strength of spirit is beautiful.

Send him love, keep him in your prayers.

Cheers
Tinker
Posted By: bbman3 Re: Ken Hurst is back in business. - 04/21/18 10:31 PM
I pray his health improves.Bobby
Posted By: Philbert Re: Ken Hurst is back in business. - 04/24/18 11:25 PM
Thoughts and prayers going his way.
Posted By: Tim Carney Re: Ken Hurst is back in business. - 04/25/18 03:57 PM
Had a chat with Ken yesterday. He is in hospital in Wilmington, NC and likely to stay there with grievous illness. He is, however, in good spirits and would be delighted to chat with any who wish to make a call.

Current numer is 252-661-0049

Regards, Tim
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Ken Hurst is back in business. - 04/26/18 12:22 AM
Thank you, Tim. I'll call Ken tomorrow.

SRH
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com