doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: KY Jon Just a little over priced. 6K Yikes. - 02/05/16 03:02 AM
http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-fo...un_id=100638553

6K for this seems a little high. The stock has been sloppily refinished and the bottom of the receiver is lightly pitted from use. Still a high condition, low grade gun but not a 6K gun for sure. Saw the gun today and they were not coming off the price. This one will be there for a long time.
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Just a little over priced. 6K Yikes. - 02/05/16 03:23 AM
Its a half step below a nitro special for six grand!!!! Someone is dreaming.
Posted By: gunsaholic Re: Just a little over priced. 6K Yikes. - 02/05/16 04:04 AM
Got to be kidding. I just bought a nitro special .410 for $350.00.
Welcome back, Jon. Maybe you can get a few K off the price if you offer him reading and spelling lessons.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Just a little over priced. 6K Yikes. - 02/05/16 01:28 PM
Always wanted one of dem dar IT-a-Ka race guns!!!!
Posted By: ithaca1 Re: Just a little over priced. 6K Yikes. - 02/05/16 01:46 PM
Cut me to the bone Treb!
Love my Flues guns.
In the off season, I sometimes line my it-a-ka race guns up against the wall and have a soap box derby. smile
Posted By: GregSY Re: Just a little over priced. 6K Yikes. - 02/05/16 02:04 PM
It's a very rare gun, that's why it's worth so much. Ithica made gun for only most discrimination buyers and never really became well known because most people confused them with the far more pedestrian Ithaca gun.
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Just a little over priced. 6K Yikes. - 02/05/16 02:10 PM
Bill. I still think that the Flues is the ultimate Ithaca.
Can't get enough of it when Walt posts pics of those high grade Flues of his and all that well executed engraving, just can't get enough of it.

Now that soap box derby sounds like some serious competition!!!! smile
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Just a little over priced. 6K Yikes. - 02/05/16 02:14 PM
Originally Posted By: GregSY
It's a very rare gun, that's why it's worth so much. Ithica made gun for only most discrimination buyers and never really became well known because most people confused them with the far more pedestrian Ithaca gun.

Ohhhh, that's why!!! I never knew that but I think you're on to something Greg. smile
Posted By: old colonel Re: Just a little over priced. 6K Yikes. - 02/05/16 02:30 PM
Originally Posted By: GregSY

Rare or not it is not a gun made for a truly discriminating buyer, it is overpriced
Posted By: bonny Re: Just a little over priced. 6K Yikes. - 02/05/16 03:01 PM
Probably a good strong useable gun, but it appears to me who knows little about american shotguns, as something that a farmer would use as a tool, to knock off a fox around the hen shed or rats around the barn. I would surely want something a bit more highend for 6k.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Just a little over priced. 6K Yikes. - 02/05/16 03:25 PM
No checkering?
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Just a little over priced. 6K Yikes. - 02/05/16 05:18 PM
http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbt...2832#Post432832

That was a short break crazy
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Just a little over priced. 6K Yikes. - 08/21/16 06:58 PM
Two miss spelled words in one listing and the .410 bore/ gauge mistake. How smart are these gun library people? Still asking six grand.

Ithica Long Race Gun ~ .410 Gauge

Should read,

Ithaca Long Range Gun ~ .410 Bore.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/home/shooting-sports-classic/gun-library/acworth-gun-library|/pc/105625080/c/1247163480/sc/103792680/i/544990680/ithica-long-race-gun-410-gauge/2235665.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Facworth-gun-library%2F_%2FN-1123727%3FrecordsPerPage%3D80

And then the price is still a real laugh. It was in the West Chester Ohio store and I had a chance to inspect it. It is much worse in hand than the pictures show. Priced about seven times it's true value, when you see it, maybe less. I did explain to the West Chester people what they had and how it was miss listed. It was not on the shelf on my next visit so I figured they had moved the gun, for a reduced price. Instead they had sent it to another store at a customers request and it is their white elephant now.

Do they hire people who can even read in these gun rooms? Do they have a BlueBook? It does not say Long Race on the ribs. Ithaca is not spelled with two I's.

I love people who can not spell when they list things on EBay. I have bought many items which were so poorly spelled that no one else ever viewed the listing and I got the item for the opening bid. Ithaca/Ithica, Ruger/Rugur, Sterlingworth/Sterlingwerth, you get the idea. Now I just watch stuff listed like that and notice the seller often drops the price downward until you just can not pass up the item. I bought a 12 piece set of Marple craving chisels, new in the box, which were listed as "Marble wood turning chizels". Started out at $75.00 plus shipping went down to $19.99 plus 10.00 shipping over a months time. They could have looked on the box for spelling help. So what was worth about 150 cost 30.00. Doesn't pay to be stupid.
Even if they corrected those errors, the description is still an oxymoron. ".410" and "Long Range Gun" should not even be used in the same breath. Much as I love my .410s, long range they ain't.

SRH
Posted By: Researcher Re: Just a little over priced. 6K Yikes. - 08/21/16 08:18 PM
Awww... Stan,

Surely you don't think the Olin brothers would be lying to us about 3/8 ounce of #4 chilled being "The Long Range Load"!!

By the mid-1930s when the 2 1/2 inch shell got a full 1/2 ounce of shot it must have really been something --

Originally Posted By: KY Jon
http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-fo...un_id=100638553

6K for this seems a little high. The stock has been sloppily refinished and the bottom of the receiver is lightly pitted from use. Still a high condition, low grade gun but not a 6K gun for sure. Saw the gun today and they were not coming off the price. This one will be there for a long time.

Its sold already. What gun was it?
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Just a little over priced. 6K Yikes. - 08/21/16 11:50 PM
It's not sold. Just relisted for another store from the earlier thread. It is now in the Acworth Gun Library in Cabelas

http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-fo...un_id=100732084

A rare Ithica Luck Range .410 Ga. 6K.
Originally Posted By: KY Jon
It's not sold. Just relisted for another store from the earlier thread. It is now in the Acworth Gun Library in Cabelas

http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-fo...un_id=100732084

A rare Ithica Luck Range .410 Ga. 6K.

I have to agree with original post. The price is horrendously high.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com