doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: DrBob Steve Boyett Insurance - 01/24/16 05:06 PM
We were approached by Steve Boyett antique gun insurance at the Las Vegas Show. The policy and prices seem too good to be true. Does anybody have any experience with them, especially a claim?
Posted By: SKB Re: Steve Boyett Insurance - 01/24/16 06:21 PM
I almost used him, then he asked if I used my guns. His insurance is geared toward collectors than only collect, not collect and use. Big difference apparently.
Posted By: Jawjadawg Re: Steve Boyett Insurance - 01/24/16 06:33 PM
I could certainly see why there would be a significant rate difference for an item that stays in a safe versus one that leaves the home. Different covered perils, too. In theory, the value of your gun decreases every time you put your hands on it. How does insurance keep up with the depreciation of regular use? Morale hazards everywhere, plus the simple fact risks to the item expand exponentially when you take it outside of the home.
Posted By: bill schodlatz Re: Steve Boyett Insurance - 01/25/16 01:59 AM
I use my homeowners policy. My insurance company has three levels of protection and at the most expensive gun insurance is covered as contents. My memory says it is less than 20cents per 100 rather than the dollar a hundred you get with NRA and others. I do list and picture my guns with the insurance agent.

bill
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com