doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Robt. Harris stock bending -Houston area? - 01/20/16 04:48 PM
Anyone here know (thru personal experience) of a stocker doing quality bending in the Houston, TX area? I've a (left-handed) shooter who needs a slight amount of cast-off converted to cast-on in his Ugartechea SxS...... and who will be travelling through the Houston area next month to where he could drop it off in person. I know of several guys with good reputations for this sort of work west of the Mississippi, but all would require packing and shipping of the gun. Any referrals or experiences appreciated.

rob
Posted By: mel5141 Re: stock bending -Houston area? - 01/21/16 02:25 PM
Your friend is in LUCK....Larry Feland has a long experience with stock bending at his shop in Cypress (Houston Suburb).
I have personally had 5 stocks bent there in recent memory.
The shop has done work on London and Italian Best Guns for me as well as several friends and associates.

The shop has the endorsement of Double Gun luminary and author Cyril S. Adams (former owner of Atkin Grant & Lang ,London). I know that Cyril refers work to, and has had numerous stocks bent there for himself as well as clients.
I would use him again without reservation.
Posted By: Robt. Harris Re: stock bending -Houston area? - 01/21/16 04:37 PM
Thank You, sir, as that's useful information. I've heard of Larry Feland's work before, but was unaware he did bending of stocks.

With appreciation,

Rob
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com