doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Jerry Mouer GEBR. ADAMY, Sloane Sportng Goods - 05/20/15 06:51 PM
I picked this one up at the Baltimore Show in March. I had not seen a Gebr. Adamy before so I had to bring it home. The rt. barrel reads "MADE BY GEBR. ADAMY, SUHL, GERMANY" and the lt. barrel reads "SOLE U.S. AGENTS SLOANS SPORTING GOODS, NEW YORK", and below that line "GRADE 2". A&D action with crossbolt, side clips and cocking indicators, no sling swivels. The gun wwas proofed 2/27, 16/1 ga and 70mm chambers.

I'll try to post some pics.
Posted By: ellenbr Re: GEBR. ADAMY, Sloane Sportng Goods - 05/20/15 07:15 PM
Nice. Gebrüder Adamy turned out some lovely examples. I'd say that about this time they either became or had become the staple source for Charles Daly.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: Jerry Mouer Re: GEBR. ADAMY, Sloane Sportng Goods - 05/20/15 07:26 PM
Posted By: Jerry Mouer Re: GEBR. ADAMY, Sloane Sportng Goods - 05/20/15 07:29 PM
Posted By: ellenbr Re: GEBR. ADAMY, Sloane Sportng Goods - 05/20/15 07:37 PM
Interesting that the tubes wear Sl which I'm all but positive denoted sourcing to Syndicat LIegeois Pour la Fabrication des Armes de Guerre. Apparently both Gebrüder Adamy, Merkel & possibly others sourced them. I'm not confident that Sloans had the ability to source a gesteck & have Adamy build it.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: Jerry Mouer Re: GEBR. ADAMY, Sloane Sportng Goods - 05/20/15 07:47 PM
Both tubes are stamped "KRUPP FLOSS STAHL", it's faint, but it's there on both tubes.
Posted By: ellenbr Re: GEBR. ADAMY, Sloane Sportng Goods - 05/20/15 07:50 PM
KRUPP FLUSS STAHL - Anything fore or aft of the text?

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: Jerry Mouer Re: GEBR. ADAMY, Sloane Sportng Goods - 05/20/15 08:11 PM
I can see in small block letters "HK" down by the short rib under left barrel, the guns serial number is stamped under the left tube in front of the forend lug. The "SI" s on both tubes just ahead of the flats.
Posted By: Jerry Mouer Re: GEBR. ADAMY, Sloane Sportng Goods - 05/20/15 08:19 PM
Posted By: L. Brown Re: GEBR. ADAMY, Sloane Sportng Goods - 05/20/15 09:37 PM
Sloan's were a fairly large importer of sxs for quite some time. Believe they were the Bernardelli importer at one time, and also Charles Daly in the 60's-70's, when they were Miroku-made guns.
Posted By: Linn Re: GEBR. ADAMY, Sloane Sportng Goods - 05/21/15 01:35 AM
There is or was a Sloans Gun distributor in Ridgefield, CT some years ago. I don't if it is still there
Posted By: ellenbr Re: GEBR. ADAMY, Sloane Sportng Goods - 05/21/15 02:35 AM

Note Auguste Francotte was involved. More than likely the link for sourcing.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com