doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Shotgunlover Cleaning rod adapters - 02/01/15 07:11 PM
Anyone have experience with the cleaning rod adapters sold on ebay? They are used with old style 5/16 clenaing rods to get them to accept 8-32 modern brushes.

Finding new 5/16 brushes is a pain and I thought adapters might solve the problem, allowing use of new brushes but keeping the old stylish rods.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Cleaning rod adapters - 02/01/15 07:31 PM
Never used that type adapter, SL. I have no problem finding 5/16 x 27 shotgun bore brushes and mops. Midway has them, made by Tipton and Hoppe's, in nylon, bronze, and stainless steel.

SRH
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Cleaning rod adapters - 02/01/15 07:39 PM
These jags are great, too, and are also 5/16 x 27.

http://www.boretech.com/products/shotgunjags.shtml

All my best, SRH
Posted By: fla3006 Re: Cleaning rod adapters - 02/01/15 08:24 PM
I highly recommend the boretech jags above, best way to get your bores really clean.
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Cleaning rod adapters - 02/01/15 10:09 PM
Gosh, I thought all shotgun brushes here in the US were 5/16 X 27........never have run into anything else except the English stuff
Posted By: Brittany Man Re: Cleaning rod adapters - 02/01/15 11:28 PM
Most (but not all) US brushes & jags for rifle & pistol rods are 8x32 except those for the .17 &.20 caliber stuff which require a smaller diameter rod (5x? thread I think) .

I've never seen a shotgun brush or jag with that small of a shank but I've not seen everything. I would think that the small diameter would make for a really weak shotgun brush.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com