doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Ken61 Anyone been to the Wells, MN show? - 11/17/14 09:27 PM
At a gunshow last weekend I talked to a couple of dealers that recommended the show for those interested in older guns and vintage doubles. Evidently it's been held in a school in earlier years, and is moving to a bigger school for the show next March. Anyone been there?
Posted By: rwarren Re: Anyone been to the Wells, MN show? - 11/18/14 03:38 AM
I haven't been there but have a couple friends that don't miss it. They say it's a great show and really enjoy the ladies homemade pies.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Anyone been to the Wells, MN show? - 11/18/14 12:46 PM
No, but it does my spirit good to realize there are still gun shows where one can find interesting guns. The ones they have here are expensive flea markets full of overpriced military style rifles, handguns, clothing, parts, jewelry, knives, coins,...... sick
Posted By: keith Re: Anyone been to the Wells, MN show? - 11/18/14 06:38 PM
I'm kind of surprised to hear that a gunshow could even be held on school grounds. I think the law Bill Clinton signed prohibiting guns within 1000 feet of a school has never been repealed.

Many people don't believe it when I tell them I took a gun to school twice a week. But of course, the school would loan you a gun if you didn't have your own. You could bring your own ammo or buy it from the school at a discount. We had an indoor range and a rifle club and team. And no school shootings.

Seems that worked better than the zero tolerance policies in effect now.
Posted By: fallingblock Re: Anyone been to the Wells, MN show? - 11/18/14 06:38 PM
The Wells Show is great but it is a bit chaotic the tables are set up in the halls and in several large rooms. If you see something you want to go back to look at just getting back and finding it can be an experience. As with most shows lots of trash but treasures do show up.
Cheers,
Laurie
Posted By: Ken61 Re: Anyone been to the Wells, MN show? - 11/18/14 11:15 PM
The word I got was that since it was moving to a larger venue, they would be able to put more tables in larger rooms. Evidently at the other location a dealer could be assigned a nook or cranny well out of the way.
Posted By: Craig Havener Re: Anyone been to the Wells, MN show? - 11/18/14 11:26 PM
It was very packed in, and you could get lost trying to find the same table. Several years ago the antis tried to get it moved from the school, but the school really depended on the revenue, word was Tom Selleck got involved, and it is still at the school. The town cooks and serves the food, excellent, and yes the pies are outstanding.
Best,
Craig
Posted By: James M Re: Anyone been to the Wells, MN show? - 11/19/14 01:48 AM
When I was in junior high I set up a military firearms display for parents night. We were studying WW II and believe it or not that used to actually be on the history circulum. If a student tried that today the Libtards would insure that the school went into lockdown mode.
I wish I had some pictures of this but sadly I don't.
Time frame around 1957 and in Massachusetts yet!
I personally think firearms shows are a permutation of Greshams Law that bad money drives out good money. Think pre 1964 silver coinage here. What's left at gun shows for the most part are the guns that have been culled from collections for various reasons usually bad ones.
Jim
Posted By: Rebel Re: Anyone been to the Wells, MN show? - 11/19/14 04:26 AM
I grew up just down the road from Wells in Kiester,Mn. Yes we are right down in the butt end of the state. Wells just built a brand new school so I imagine that is where the new gunshow will be held. This area used to be great pheasant hunting,but now every last square foot of land is farmed.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com