doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/01/14 11:43 PM
I recently had an experience that turned out well, in spite of a bad beginning. I saw an online ad for a SBT ejector gun that I was interested in. The pictures looked really good, so I called and we discussed it, agreed on a price and I told him I would mail a check. Before I hung up, I asked for reassurance on his posted 3 day inspection period.

I received the gun quickly and began to look it over. Immediately I realized it was off face. In my shop I tried increasingly thicker shim stock until it closed snugly on a sheet of .012" stock. That's serious daylight. Then I saw a glaring crack in the top of the wrist immediately behind the top tang. Things were not looking good. Closer inspection showed that a pin was missing off the ejector sear. That was it.

I called the seller to discuss the issues. He said he never shot it, and never noticed it being off face, or the other issues. If he would have offered to lower the price enough I would have kept it and dealt with the problems myself, but it didn't happen. His comments concerning the flaws were: it's 80 years old, and "a collectible" (his word), it shouldn't be shot. I replied that a gun can be collectible and still be shot safely, and that I won't own a gun I cannot shoot. He said I was free to return it, which I did. Held my breath for a few days until the refund check arrived, which it did in a timely manner. Stuck to the check was a note which said that he had examined it and found all the issues I had mentioned to be there. He said "the crack is no big deal", and that he hadn't noticed the pin missing on the ejector. As to the gun being badly off face he said that he consulted his good friend, who is the "head gunsmith at Bass Pro Shops in Sprgfld, MO". Gunsmith supposedly said "Off face? What does he think it is, a Purdy? (his spelling).

Just a good reminder to us all at all dealers are not knowledgeable, even though they may be honest, and that we should ALWAYS make sure on the inspection period. Alls well that ends well I guess, but for the loss of shipping charges.

JFYI, SRH
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/02/14 07:11 PM
Stan, what kind single trap and what were your plans for it? Seems out of character for you, a little.
JR
Posted By: eightbore Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/02/14 09:50 PM
Stan wants to win the single barrel trap competition at the Fall Southern next year. Let me know what you are looking for, Stan.
Posted By: Demonwolf444 Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/02/14 10:05 PM
Had a similar situation, when buying a gun i ask very specific questions, this is obviously not any good if the person on the other end does not under stand fully what or why you are asking.
I am restoring an I. Johnson Special Trap that I came by several years ago. I am restocking it and having the metal done, too. I came across one in what I hoped to be original condition, primarily to use as a pattern. Didn't work out as hoped. I did get a tracing of the original checkering patterns though.

I would like to have a nice 32" Elsie SBT for the Fall Southern competition, but that was not the impetus for this buy gone bad. Lots of fish in the sea. I'll keep my eyes open. I did learn one thing from it, Bill. Special Traps were built with two completely different forend styles. The one like mine and the one you had ................. and then the style like billgrill has with the schnabel forend tip. For a long while I thought the schnabel style was a non-original replacement, but they did make them like that, too.

SRH
Posted By: eightbore Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/03/14 12:19 AM
Single or double, Stan? I have had both. My vent rib single is the one pictured in Frank Conley's book. My double is the one buried in my basement, waiting for barrel blue.
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/03/14 12:37 AM
an unconditional three day inspection period is a two edged sword...

yes, it gives the buyer last right of refusal after receiving the item.

however, it leaves the seller vurnable to tire kickers, thieves and in the case of internet transactions, the possibilty that the receiving dealer will convince the buyer that he is better off buying a better gun from him...

best return policy is this:

"Returns are handled on an individual basis. You can expect that I know what I am selling. You are expected to know what you are buying. All items are guaranteed to be as advertised. If I make a gross error in description, you may of course, return item with my apology"

this way, both seller and buyer are responsible. and it heads off the competitive receiving dealer.
Posted By: Dave K Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/03/14 12:45 AM
And you wonder why your business is circling the bowl,between the torch and your "works for me" BS return policy, thankfully, your days of taking advantage of unknowing/new buyers are numbered.
Posted By: B. Dudley Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/03/14 01:41 AM
How is a traditional return policy bad for the seller? If the gun is returned, the seller really looses nothing since shipping is usually paid for by the buyer. That is the small chance/loss the buyer takes to guarantee that they are not loosing out on a lot more later on.

If the item being sold is quality, a seller should not worry about finding another buyer for said item. Then again, if a shady/hobby dealer is peddling junk... That is another story.
Originally Posted By: eightbore
Single or double, Stan? I have had both. My vent rib single is the one pictured in Frank Conley's book. My double is the one buried in my basement, waiting for barrel blue.

Bill, the Special Trap is the single barrel, which I have. The double was called the Super Trap.

The Special Trap was on the low end of the price range for SBT guns. I've never seen but a very few, and want to put this one back in righteous condition.

SRH
Posted By: eightbore Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/03/14 01:15 PM
Yup, I wish I still had mine, but it was nice of Frank Conley to picture it in his book. They are pretty hard to find, especially in high condition. Mine came from a friend who charged me $39.00 apiece for a trio of rust covered guns including a beautiful Neumann and an EE Lefever with 20" Krupp steel barrels. All three guns ended up in very high condition after a minor cleanup.
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/03/14 02:10 PM
dudley: guess you did not read the above, so here it is again:

an unconditional three day inspection period is a two edged sword...

yes, it gives the buyer last right of refusal after receiving the item.

however, it leaves the seller vurnable to tire kickers, thieves and in the case of internet transactions, the possibilty that the receiving dealer will convince the buyer that he is better off buying a better gun from him...

"Returns are handled on an individual basis. You can expect that I know what I am selling. You are expected to know what you are buying. All items are guaranteed to be as advertised. If I make a gross error in description, you may of course, return item with my apology"

this way, both seller and buyer are responsible. and it heads off the competitive receiving dealer.

Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/03/14 02:14 PM
and dudley, have you ever shipped a really nice gun to an internet customer, who decides to return it for what ever reason and does a poor job of packing and ships it back the cheapest way. only to find that when you get it back the stock is broken? well, i have...

my thirty years of experience in the hobby gun dealing business have taught me what works and what does not work. maybe, when you have some more experience you will learn the same.

and one more question, dudley: as you have decided to attack me for my business practices, what about your business practices? do you have any feedback anywhere that we can look at?

i do. go to gunbroker.com and search for items for sale by ed1. there you will find my public feedback record since 2001.
Posted By: Fin2Feather Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/03/14 03:10 PM
Selling sight unseen is a bit of a risk for both parties, but it would seem that a return policy is a risk any legitimate seller would take. We've all heard stories where a buyer finds a problem with a gun and reports it to a seller who admits, "sorry; I missed it." It happens. Also, we all know that one person's idea of "condition" may be different from another's. I personally would never buy a gun without a full return policy unless it was a parts gun or something to use for home decor. As for the condition upon return I would assume that good communication and insurance would take care of that.
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/03/14 03:20 PM
fin: what you say makes sense and is reasonable.

as for a return policy, i am noticing that more and more sellers on gunbroker have no stated return policy or they clearly state no returns or all sales are final.

i certainly will not buy from anyone who does not have a return policy or will not accept returns for any reason. i dont know how they do business that way, but they do.

and as for shipping insurance, i have found that getting a claim approved and a check issued to cover full loss, is a big hassle and takes a lot of time and negotiation. and one often has to settle for a partial recovery and take a loss.
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/03/14 03:26 PM
and here are some reasons why buyers return merchandise:

- item has major flaw that was not mentioned in sales description. as a result it is worth significantly less than what i paid for it. seller will not pay for repair. so i have no choice but to return it for refund or pay for repair myself.

- since i made deal, i found something i like better and want to get out of this deal, so i can make another deal.

- i thought item was worth much more than i paid for it. so i thought i could flip it and make a quick profit. turns out it is worth the same or less than i paid, so there is no profit to be had.

- when my wife found out i had bought another gun, the crap hit the fan...so i gotta send it back and get the money back, so i can move back into the bed room...
Originally Posted By: ed good
and here are some reasons why buyers return merchandise:

- item has major flaw that was not mentioned in sales description. as a result it is worth significantly less than what i paid for it. seller will not pay for repair. so i have no choice but to return it for refund or pay for repair myself.

- since i made deal, i found something i like better and want to get out of this deal, so i can make another deal.

- i thought item was worth much more than i paid for it. so i thought i could flip it and make a quick profit. turns out it is worth the same or less than i paid, so there is no profit to be had.

- when my wife found out i had bought another gun, the crap hit the fan...so i gotta send it back and get the money back, so i can move back into the bed room...
And yet another reason why the "wimmenfolk" have no business meddling with a man's prerogative to invest his hard won $ into guns- instead of such frivolities as a new washing machine or snow tires for her car- right from the Gene Hill playbook, who apparently took no crap from Marcia Hill- right on Gene-o!!
Posted By: Phunter Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/03/14 04:46 PM

Ed- tire kickers don't drop $25 shipping both ways to see your gun. That's a loss of at least $50 to THEM. Not to mention the trouble involved in receiving, shipping, and any FFL fees.

For whatever its worth, I haven't bought a gun from you because I don't trust your interpretation of "gross error".

I like "three day" or "no return" auctions. At least you, and other bidders, know what you're getting up front. No snake in the grass during the transaction.
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/03/14 05:41 PM
phunter: as americans we all have the right to refuse to do business with anyone for what ever reason...

and, if my 99% positive feedback record on gunbroker is not good enough for you, then that is ok too...

keep in mind that my business terms have evolved over the years, based on my experience in dealing with people i dont really know. one of my goals is to weed out those who represent a potential bad outcome for me and my consignment customers...
Posted By: Phunter Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/03/14 06:02 PM
phunter: as americans we all have the right to refuse to do business with anyone for what ever reason...

and, if my 99% positive feedback record on gunbroker is not good enough for you, then that is ok too...

keep in mind that my business terms have evolved over the years, based on my experience in dealing with people i dont really know. one of my goals is to weed out those who represent a potential bad outcome for me and my consignment customers...

Fair enough. You can do business as you want. But, don't come on here expecting me, or anyone, to trust your judgement on what is considered a "gross error" in the listing. No sane person would touch that with a ten foot pole...even if they trusted you.
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/03/14 07:09 PM
phunter: quite frankly, i dont expect you to do anything, except to be fair and honest in your posts here.
Posted By: B. Dudley Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/03/14 07:29 PM
and dudley, have you ever shipped a really nice gun to an internet customer, who decides to return it for what ever reason and does a poor job of packing and ships it back the cheapest way. only to find that when you get it back the stock is broken? well, i have...

my thirty years of experience in the hobby gun dealing business have taught me what works and what does not work. maybe, when you have some more experience you will learn the same.

and one more question, dudley: as you have decided to attack me for my business practices, what about your business practices? do you have any feedback anywhere that we can look at?

i do. go to gunbroker.com and search for items for sale by ed1. there you will find my public feedback record since 2001.

I have not yet had a gun returned to me by a buyer for any reason. I allow a traditional 3 day return policy, but have no worries of it a couple reasons. There is never any question about what I sell. Plenty of photos and very accurate descriptions leave my buyers very happy with what they buy as there are no surprises. That combined with not selling junk leaves little worry about having to accept a return.

As for how I do business. I am a professional that makes my living by maintaining a good reputation with my customers.
I can only comment on your business practices as far as saying that you are a self called "hobby" gun dealer. And being a hobby would imply that you are in it only for your own self enjoyment. And that the way you conduct yourself in internet communities (that you are currently on and ones you have been thrown off of) is enough of a reason in itself for people to not want to do business with you.
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/03/14 07:40 PM
dudley: that sounds great! it also sounds like you have not had the misfortune of encountering some of the less than desireable internet buyers and sellers that i have had to contend with...continued good luck to you...

oh, and i will ask again...do you have any public feedback to show us? so we really know that what you are claiming is true? like do you sell on gunbroker, gunsamerica, gunauction, gunsinternational? or elsewhere on the the net, where one can establish a public track record? and if not, why not?

and dudley, you may assume and claim what you may, but my public buying and selling track record on the net is excellent. i am happy. my consignment customers are happy. and my buying customers are happy. anything beyond that is of little interest to me.
Posted By: Dave K Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/03/14 07:43 PM
Originally Posted By: B. Dudley

I have not yet had a gun returned to me by a buyer for any reason. I allow a traditional 3 day return policy, but have no worries of it a couple reasons. There is never any question about what I sell. Plenty of photos and very accurate descriptions leave my buyers very happy with what they buy as there are no surprises. That combined with not selling junk leaves little worry about having to accept a return.

As for how I do business. I am a professional that makes my living by maintaining a good reputation with my customers.
I can only comment on your business practices as far as saying that you are a self called "hobby" gun dealer. And being a hobby would imply that you are in it only for your own self enjoyment. And that the way you conduct yourself in internet communities (that you are currently on and ones you have been thrown off of) is enough of a reason in itself for people to not want to do business with you.

Well said,Ed Good is infamous for deceptive pictures(action left partially open to make lever show less wear for instance),a "it works for me" return policy and is no doubt the same condescending prick to customers that he is here and on the forums he has been tossed off !
His days in the gun biz are numbered,thankfully ! The number of new buyers that have no knowledge of tarted up guns has dwindled to a trickle and his poor reputation takes care of the rest.
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/03/14 07:56 PM
dave k: if you and others take a look at my hundreds of positive seller feedbacks on gunbroker, you will notice that many of my customers also have substantial positive feedbacks as well. many of us have been doing business together for a long time...so does that mean we are all wrong and that only you and those like you are somehow right? ah don tink so!

the great thing about a public feedback system, such as what is available on gunbroker, is that is tells the closest thing we have to the truth. the good, the bad and the ugly...

and just to make the point again, my public feedback record on gunbroker is 99% positive.

and what is your public feedback record? anywhere?
Posted By: Dave K Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/03/14 09:44 PM
Ed, my "feedback" is 100% AND I have never been tossed off a message forum,unlike YOU !

You deal in tarted up POS guns,use deceptive adds and pictures and have made a business-kitchen table FFL without ANY business hrs to inspect guns that depends on unknowing buyers.Thankfully,once again, your chickens have come home to roost and your "business" is failing just like your ability to deceive others.
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/03/14 10:08 PM
dave k: thats just wonderful that your feedback is 100%! congratuations...but...could you be a bit more specific? like when, where and how much of this 100% positive feedback do you really have? or are we all just supposed to accept your claim as unquestionable truth without the need for verification?...you know, like much of the other nonsense you post here?

and, as my verifiable gunbroker feedback indicates, my gun dealing chickens have been coming home to roost for many, many years now ...and they are mostly happy hens who lay golden eggs...even the roosters are happy.
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/03/14 10:18 PM
i grow weary of this...personal attacks and slanderous comments without foundation, by these unknowns dudley and k...what are their motives? and i wonder? who are they really?

could it be jealousy and envy?

anyway, the gunbroker feedback system works for me and for other honest people...but apparently not for them?
Posted By: Bob Cash Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/03/14 10:59 PM
I had Mr. Ed contact me on a gun I was selling.
There was to be no deal unless I changed the wording of my GunBroker ad to allow for an
"unconditional, no excuses 3 day inspection period with full return privileges, no questions asked".

So when Ed is a buyer, it's 3 days or no deal.
When Ed is a seller, good luck to you. "Unspecified" inspection and return.

It seems like whenever Ed is addressed
I get the feeling we're talking to the wrong end...
of Mr. Ed.

Ed, you're the worst kind of hypocrite.
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/03/14 11:34 PM
well cash: dont know you. dont wana. dont recall any communication with you...dont appreciate your out of the blue attack post here.

as for dealers who offer no return policy, i request that they at least guarantee what they sell to be as advertised, as i do...no more no less.

by the way, what is your return policy and where on the net do you sell and under what name? and what was the item you were selling that i had expressed interest in?

and if you do not respond, well, that is to be expected...i guess?
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/04/14 12:06 AM
back in the nineties, used to know a bob cash from ohio...

he used to come to guns shows in ny and make ridikerous low offers for guns i had for sale...are you dat bob cash? or anutter won?

if you are in fact that bob from ohio, how the hell are you and glad we are both still here!
ed,

Doing business with you, the one time that I did, taught me to never, ever buy a gun over the 'net without the 3 day inspection period. You may not recall, but roughly 6 years ago you had a 30" BSS advertised for around $1100 and some change, as I recall. I called you and you were on the way to Hilton Head, or somewhere like that. When I asked you, you basically told me, "no returns, I sell good quality stuff that no one would want to return". In a moment of weakness, I took the bait and bit. The BSS would not recock the right barrel when I tried it out on sporting clays. Knowing I had agreed on your policy I bit the bullet, sent it to Jim Kelly in Darlington, SC who fixed it. I have shot it a great deal, but will never forget my lesson learned. I don't want others to have to learn the way I did, by "buying" my education at the school of hard knocks. I made a mistake, and paid for it. It would not have been right, or honorable, for me to call you and complained after I had agreed to your terms. I played right into your hand, and paid for it. Lesson learned.

When I started this thread I had no intention of mentioning this, but since you exhibited disagreement with my premise, and insist on defending what is an asinine argument, here ya' go.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

SRH
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/04/14 01:21 AM
stan: i think i remember selling you a bss. i do not remember my return policy six years ago. i also, do not remember hearing from you regarding a problem with the gun. why not? and your complaint here is very late and frankly a little suspect, as bss guns are well known for their reliabilty...stan, send me the bill and if reasonable, i will send you a check...meantime this smells like a cheap shot to me...i mean, why post this here? why not via a private message? your motives here appear to be less than honorable...
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/04/14 01:24 AM
is this it? or are there more stans out there? come on guys, come out of the closet and lay it on me...so to speak.
Posted By: rrrgcy Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/04/14 01:41 AM
Back on target, but with how when you "should have" returned the item but kept it anyway, the experience of initial let-down remains. And what does it speak of the seller who yet still shipped it in the first place? My only answer is "What did he have to lose?" I think that's EXACTLY what rues the day with a seller shipping a not-as-advertised gun - really, what does he have to lose? yes, definitely INSPECT the gun thoroughly and don't take a seller's word especially when you're new.

Some years ago being new to doubles I was in a position to buy a matched set of harrison & hussey's from a West coast seller for a decent price, who you all have spoken very highly of, now out of business retired. Ivory Beads anyone? Probably picked out my inexperience on the phone. Despite my list of questions and in fact my asking he pull the gun from the rack and personally inspect it over the phone, which the seller said he was doing as we talked, (yes, barrels ring true, triggers function, no dents bulges, etc), I bought them and paid the $100+ for shipping and eagerly awaited a perfect set in the oak leather case. I decided to have the gun shipped directly to a knowledgeable dealer here.

Got the call - and that things weren't perfect. Rear trigger wouldn't fire, a very light ring bulge in one barrel, the other barrel doesn't ring true, missing accessory advertised etc. My first Brit guns in a beautiful case, the stock dimensions, the price what I was looking for, to hell with it, I'll keep them and save the money and danger shipping them back by putting it towards repairs.

Seller didn't have anything to comment but just send it back if you want to (at your cost). I figure the guns probably sat for a time unwanted, I paid the price he asked, and what's he got to lose by the experience? nada. There's just NO guarantee that what is described shown etc is what you get. Crappy introduction to this fine world! Whenever I shoot or look or think about them there's that slight drag thinking about the experience. But what overcomes is they're still gorgeous to me, an honor to the maker and prior owners, and worth the experience and I'm terribly lucky to have them.
I just told you what your return policy was six years ago. When I agreed to buy the gun I was agreeing with your policy, against my better judgement. My mistake, not yours. The fact that I made the mistake, and will not go back on my word, is precisely why I did not complain. I am not complaining now. I am confessing my mistake and putting it under the spotlight so others might learn from it.

I doubt I kept the bill from Jim. I'll look and see. If I did I will post it as evidence, not as a request for your reimbursement. Listen one more time. I screwed up when I agreed to your policy. I don't want your money. I don't want to have any business dealings with you of any kind. Insulting me by questioning my integrity won't improve your status with anyone of any consequence, IMO.

I didn't ask you for your input, but you have every right to post on here and regurgitate it. However, I won't discuss it anymore here with you. Any further discussion with you will have to be by p.m.

SRH
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/04/14 01:57 AM
stan: seems you have a rather self focused attitude...if i bought a gun or anything else, and found a functional problem with it, i would certainly let the seller know about it, if for no other reason that he would be more careful inspecting his merchandise, so someone else did not have a similar problem.

you seem to have an ax to grind. i do not. awaiting your pm.
Posted By: rrrgcy Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/04/14 01:59 AM
Aww heck may as well pile on. Another esteemed seller this one in Oklahoma - same deal. Same explanation of how the rifle is right, specifically answering my direct questions - no wood issues no cracks or other trouble. Received the 1908 dated 9x57 Mauser and not only did it have easily observable wood splitting/cracking behind the rear top receiver, the inlet wood for the receiver also had extensive fracturing. I wanted a vintage rifle w no issues to use for incidental hunting, I called him up to complain and he actually said "Well, all Mausers have these issues!" (My reply "Now C'mon!! Not again!!)

A slightly odd caliber which likely didn't get much attention and sat for a time, what did he have to lose to simply mislead me and ship it hoping I'd miss the issue or just keep it? Beware of guns that sit for a time, they just might be the ones these sellers oversell just to move em out hoping for the best. New guys: inspect immediately!
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/04/14 02:10 AM
oh, an stan, $1100 and change was a good deal for you and me in 2008...today a decent bss with 30" tubes is going for about $1800 max...let me know if you ever want to sell it. we both can make a buck on dat one.
Posted By: Bob Blair Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/04/14 03:03 AM
I know the chief gunsmith at Bass Pro in Springfield and I can say with about 99.99% confidence that he never said that. If those words were spoken they were taken out of context or there was a serious misrepresentation by the above seller.
Thank you so much for that information, Bob. I suspected as much, and hoped someone here would know him.

This all underscores the importance of the inspection period, and making sure you have a clear understanding about it before sending the check. Despite what the naysayer says, it is the buyer who is at risk anyway. he has your check and his gun in his hand before he sends it and also before he refunds your money, in the case of a return. Risky business at best.

SRH
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/04/14 12:37 PM
stan: what you say above is so true...when all is said and done, the seller has your money and you are at his mercy...that is why a return policy is so important, as is feedback...and "you should know what you are buying"...i have been a buyer and seller on the net for many years. so i know from where you speak.
Posted By: arrieta2 Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/04/14 03:02 PM
Here is my inspection policy

If you do not like it, let me know within 3 days from the time it is received by the dealer. Have it back to me within 7 days

If I guy calls me and needs another day to two, I am ok with that.

Simple. Right

John Boyd
Quality Arms
Houston TX
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/04/14 03:04 PM
Originally Posted By: arrieta2

If you do not like it, let me know within 3 days from the time it is received by the dealer. Have it back to me within 7 days

Simple. Right

John Boyd
Quality Arms
Houston TX

I agree.
Posted By: Dave K Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/04/14 04:03 PM

Simple. Right

John Boyd
Quality Arms
Houston TX

"Simple Right,"
yes and another reason why your not on here crying about guns not selling like Ed Good is.
You know how to run a honest business that does not depend on deceptive photos,tarted up guns and shady return policy !
Posted By: SKB Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/04/14 04:53 PM
Heck I always encourage the buyer to shoot the thing to be sure it is really what they want. I'm happy to take returns up to a week after a buyer receives the gun, longer if they need it. You can not buy the amount of publicity one unsatisfied customer will give you. My only exception is lay away guns.
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/04/14 06:16 PM
sounds wonderful...used to do business that way, but no more...too many bad experiences with bad buyers...since the advent of the internet, have a lot more customers, both good and bad.

by the way, do any of you guys sell on gunbroker? if so, give us a link to your feedback....mine is ed1, case you were wondering.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewUserFeedback.aspx?User=128526
Posted By: jeweler Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/04/14 06:49 PM
Ed you are probably a good guy but you are way off on this.... I give a 3 day if any reason you don't like it return it no questions asked.... If a guy says NO Tire KICKERS... that is a notice for me to run.. because some one is about to screw somebody!!!!!
Posted By: jeweler Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/04/14 06:54 PM
Ed
thanks for the post that shows your 1500 positive feed back but I don't want to be one of the 15 bad feed back that might have gotten burned or felt like they did.
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/04/14 07:27 PM
jeweler, you may not be aware, but gunbroker feedback includes buyer and seller feedback in the same file.

if you take the time to sort thru it, you will find that all but two or three of my negative feedbacks are from sellers, where i as a buyer, had issues with them or their merchandise. some of those sellers are no longer allowed to sell on gunbroker.

we do not live in a perfect world, thank goodness...but, 99% positive feedback, from buyers and sellers alike, over a 13 year period, well, aint too shabby, if i do say so myself.

and if you have ever been in a retail business, as is gunbroker, you will realize that buying and selling with the general public can sometimes be a less than satisfactory experience. so, those experiences over the years teaches one what works and what to do and what not do to, in order to avoid those less than satisfactory experiences in the future.
Posted By: Dave K Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/04/14 08:09 PM
Just to be clear, Ed Good is NOT in a retail business, in fact he offers NO hrs open to public,in spite of the 01 dealer FFL requirement.
Ed runs his business behind the "mail order only" veil of protection to hide from disclosing hidden defects AND holding a buyer funds hostage in the case of a return.

Never buy a gun from a clown who uses ALL CAPS and has a return policy that "works for him"
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/04/14 08:40 PM
very strange behavior...amazing that it is tolerated here?
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/04/14 08:42 PM
ed the ratings system on GunsAmerica and Gunbroker favor the seller. They think the seller is their customer rather than the buyer as the seller sends them a check.

You could get more for your guns if you had a more generous return policy.

Several sellers on here (with good reputations here) have a clear and easy-to-understand return policy. The return policy you asked Bob Cash for is the same return policy as Cabelas'. All have the same potential for problems with bad buyers as you do.

The reason you can't get your money for the high condition guns you have had listed lately is that only experienced collectors are interested in paying the extra money for the extra original condition. Your cheesy return policy puts them off. You might change it on the better guns.

Your current return policy is vague, iffy, arbitrary, and stingy. When you split hairs like you did over the meaning of "off face", claiming it depends on whether the forend is on or off you are playing "gotcha".

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=348635&page=1

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbt...true#Post348564
Posted By: Ken61 Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/04/14 09:23 PM
Ed,

I thought you said this one was sold? I notice that now it's back up with another $200 knocked off. Better re-torch the thing....Keep going down, a little more and I'll buy it and actually restore it properly...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=451117640
Posted By: J.R.B. Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/04/14 09:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Ken61
Ed,

I thought you said this one was sold? I notice that now it's back up with another $200 knocked off. Better re-torch the thing....Keep going down, a little more and I'll buy it and actually restore it properly...

I see ed took his fig leaf off and placed it next to the gun for the photo shoot again. sick
Posted By: Ken61 Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/04/14 09:41 PM
He does have an interesting looking Parker Hammer Lifter on his site. I looked at one last weekend, Ed's is much nicer, and at about the same price. I'm not interested, due to his return policy...

I'm looking, but I can't find the serial number list to tell if the barrels were made by Parker on not. If so, it'd be even more interesting. I can't tell, but is it possible that the barrels on Ed's gun are Laminated? Parker did make their own Laminated barrels around that time.....

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=451117638
Posted By: Dave K Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/04/14 09:48 PM
Originally Posted By: J.R.B.
Ed,

I see ed took his fig leaf off and placed it next to the gun for the photo shoot again. sick

Look at the way he leaves the action open to get the lever to the left,tricky boy that eddy:

What kind of screw driver was used on the bottom of the action,maybe it was just a dull chisel ?

and of course he Ed Good "special" aka "special ed"

the toasted action aka "burnt offering",man the hand was shaky with the torch that day,looks like the wood may have got a bit toasted too !

Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/04/14 10:13 PM
this used to be annoying...but now it has become sadly pathetic...and these individuals certainly have no respect for this fine forum...what a shame they are permitted to trash us all here with their negative posts...

and who was it that said: "if you tell lies long enough and often enough, people will begin to believe them? "

anyway, the truth is the best response to their nonsense: 1519 and counting.

i particularly like the most recent feedback from one of my new customers...thank you dutch. you made my day!

Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/04/14 10:41 PM

and who was it that said: "if you tell lies long enough and often enough, people will begin to believe them? "

You?

Posted By: Ken61 Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/04/14 11:55 PM
He does have an interesting looking Parker Hammer Lifter on his site. I looked at one last weekend, Ed's is much nicer, and at about the same price. I'm not interested, due to his return policy...

I'm looking, but I can't find the serial number list to tell if the barrels were made by Parker on not. If so, it'd be even more interesting. I can't tell, but is it possible that the barrels on Ed's gun are Laminated? Parker did make their own Laminated barrels around that time.....

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=451117638

It looks like it was made in 1881-1882, so it's a little too young to have Parker-made barrels..
Posted By: jeweler Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/05/14 12:25 AM
<and if you have ever been in a retail business, as is gunbroker, you will realize that buying and selling with the general public can sometimes be a less than satisfactory experience. so, those experiences over the years teaches one what works and what to do and what not do to, in order to avoid those less than satisfactory experiences in the future>.

Ed I am in the retail business...I have given some big refunds for some stupid reasons....but I can tell you one thing for sure.. If you have a dissatisfied customer and don't give the customer a refund you will never see them again......99% of the time.
Posted By: lrh Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/05/14 12:28 AM
Sorry to butt into this battle but I wanted to get members opinion on this subject. I have seen guns listed for sale on the web that have a non firing, non disassembly, 3 day inspection period. Is that reasonable for a vintage gun? I have a 100 yr old gun I am considering selling and I would not want a potential customer taking it apart.
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/05/14 12:45 AM
irh: nor do i...

it appears that what we have here is a group of buyers who have little knowledge and therefore little experience with what could happen and what does happlen when one is engaged in the business of selling old gun to the general public...

Posted By: Dave K Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/05/14 01:08 AM
Ed is far from being in the "retail" business like you are :

He does mail order only (he can hold the buyers funds/feedback hostage).

He has NO retail store front,NO business hrs (once again in violation of ATF regs for a dealer)

And he will NOT allow hands on inspection of guns in person before purchase !

Ed tell us How many forums have you been BANNED from ????
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/05/14 01:12 AM
it appears that what we have here is a group of buyers who have little knowledge and therefore little experience with what could happen and what does happlen when one is engaged in the business of selling old gun to the general public...

But Cabelas, SKB, and Arrieta2 sell to the same public you do. And they agree with us. No doubt that group of firearms dealers sells many times more guns than you do. So it seems you are wrong.

You?

Posted By: Dave K Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/05/14 01:28 AM
Originally Posted By: lrh
Sorry to butt into this battle but I wanted to get members opinion on this subject. I have seen guns listed for sale on the web that have a non firing, non disassembly, 3 day inspection period. Is that reasonable for a vintage gun?

I have a 100 yr old gun I am considering selling and I would not want a potential customer taking it apart.

yea it might come back like Ed sends them out-take a look at those screw heads,wonder if he brought it to the grammar school gunsmith before or after he torched it ?

Posted By: Ken61 Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/05/14 03:34 AM
The real issues are "Full Disclosure" and "Misrepresentation". A statement like "RECEIVER CASE COLORS HAVE BEEN SAFELY RESTORED TO NEAR ORIGINAL BRIGHT APPEARANCE." is a subjective statement and is a clear misrepresentation. As is a photograph of a toplever to the right due to the action being slightly open. Full disclosure would have been noting the receiver had been recolored using a gas torch, and a photograph of the toplever with the action closed. As would have been noting the width of any gaps in the action.
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/05/14 01:47 PM
cept, the receiver was not recolored using a gas torch. and the action is fully closed in all photos...

61, like some others here, you are quick to jump to negative conclusions, when all you have to do is ask questions...

think about it...if i utilized deceptive selling pratices, would that not be reflected in my gunbroker feedback?

Posted By: Dave K Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/05/14 02:05 PM
screw your feedback Ed,
here I will type in " special ed letters"

HOW MANY FORUMS HAVE YOU BEEN TOSSED OFF ????

WHY DO YOU HIDE THE TRUE LEVER POSITION BY LEAVING THE ACTION OPEN ?

WHY MAIL ORDER ONLY-TO AVOID HANDS ON INSPECTION ?

WHY HIDE THE MESSED UP SCREWS FROM THE TARTED UP GUNSMITH ?
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/05/14 02:17 PM
think about it...if i utilized deceptive selling pratices, would that not be reflected in my gunbroker feedback?

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
ed the ratings system on GunsAmerica and Gunbroker favor the seller. They think the seller is their customer rather than the buyer as the seller sends them a check.

Your current return policy is vague, iffy, arbitrary, and stingy. When you split hairs like you did over the meaning of "off face", claiming it depends on whether the forend is on or off you are playing "gotcha".

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=348635&page=1

You?
Posted By: B. Dudley Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/05/14 02:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave K
[quote=J.R.B.][quote=Ken61]Ed,

Look at the way he leaves the action open to get the lever to the left,tricky boy that eddy:

Come on Ed! By looking at the breech/dolls head and the top lever position, That action certainly is NOT closed! Besides... anyone who knows a thing or two about Parkers would know that top lever position means very little. The lever position was set at the factory and there is very little movement of it allowed with wear of the bolt. So why try to make something look like it isnt when it is a moot point anyway?
Posted By: arrieta2 Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/05/14 02:49 PM
Ok guys. I do not know Mr Good, all I know about him is things that have been said about him on this bbs.

It seems now that the topic has changed to mash Mr. Good. I think we need to get back to the concept of an inspections and move forward

John Boyd
Quality Arms
Posted By: Ken61 Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/05/14 03:37 PM
cept, the receiver was not recolored using a gas torch. and the action is fully closed in all photos...

Are you saying that it was recolored with a heat gun and cold blue? The point is that it was NOT recolored using a process similar to the original factory one..Hence, the term "Restored" is not accurate.
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/05/14 03:46 PM
Ok guys. I do not know Mr Good, all I know about him is things that have been said about him on this bbs.

It seems now that the topic has changed to mash Mr. Good. I think we need to get back to the concept of an inspections and move forward

If ed will quit making arguments that his return policy is clear, reasonable, and fair I will stop arguing it isn't.
Posted By: Dave K Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/05/14 04:31 PM

If ed will quit making arguments that his return policy is clear, reasonable, and fair I will stop arguing it isn't.

And his past history of threatening to sue some us has not won him over either !
The pictures tell the story,anyone who wants to buy from someone who sells guns like that can, but I wouldn't recommend it to a new buyer and think there is nothing wrong with pointing it out to let others make their mind up.
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/06/14 12:44 AM
couple of you guys seem to have a very high opinion of yourselves and your ability to influence others...i believe the clinical term for it is meglamania?

by the way mikie, how are things there at the insitutute? do they still take you out on sunny days? i do hope so...
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/06/14 01:00 AM
61: as i understand it, old ed recolors old shotgun receivers, using a controlled, low heat and chemical process. i did ask him once if he used a torch to heat receivers for recoloring. his reply was, yes, that he used to do it that way long ago, because that was the way he was trained. but there was a problem with the torch in maintaining consistent heat in order for his base chemical solutions to produce uniform results. so, he said he developed a more controlled heat process, that solved the problem. when i asked what that was, old ed just slyly smiled and replied that that is a trade secret...i will say, that i have heard from another party, that he uses some sort of modified potters kiln for metal coloring purposes, but, i have no proof of that claim...

and as for restoring old shotgun receivers to their original factory specs...there is no one alive today that can precisely accomplish that task...even those who do an acceptable job of rehardening, with case colors as by product, are using technigues that cannot be proven to be the same as those used when old guns were originally manufactured...

and keep in mind, that in order to reharden already hardened metal, one must first anneal the metal, which softens it, which is necessary for rehardening purposes. so. the very process of rehardening a receiver requires destruction of the original factory heat treatment. a gun is no longer original, once the receiver has been rehardened.
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/06/14 01:30 AM
an dudley, the picture posted above, stolen from another internet site, is that of a parker shotgun with two sets of barrels. one set of barrels is original to the gun. the other set of barrels is not. the picture above is of the gun with the non original set of barrels assembled to the receiver. the barrel metal is about a thousandth of an inch proud of the receiver metal.

for those who may be interested in knowing more about this fine old parker, following is link to another web site where other pictures are posted.

couple of you guys seem to have a very high opinion of yourselves and your ability to influence others...i believe the clinical term for it is meglamania?

by the way mikie, how are things there at the insitutute? do they still take you out on sunny days? i do hope so...
Believe it is spelled "megalomania" Eddie-- You can pontificate all you wish here, thanks to the great forbearance of our "Host with the most" Dave Weber", but Ed, you are your own worse enemy, or for those of the brethren who may believe you to be a complete [censored], perhaps your own worse enema might be a tad more accurate- Only a complete full-bore fool would chance a deal with you for one of your offerings here on this website, knowing that his chances of getting a full refund from you are about a great as winning a wager backing NJ Gov Christie against POTUS Obama in a watermelon seed spitting contest--
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/06/14 01:55 AM
foxie: your negative statements above, which question my business refund policy is bogus. and here is the simple proof:

and the truth, by the way...hard to argue with the facts aint it?
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/06/14 03:50 AM
foxie: your negative statements above, which question my business refund policy is bogus. and here is the simple proof:

and the truth, by the way...hard to argue with the facts aint it?

You?
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/06/14 01:56 PM
mikie: you have a good day now...an i hope is it sunny out there for you...
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/06/14 04:24 PM

I know it's shady where you are, character-wise at least.
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/06/14 04:28 PM
mikee: even you should know that one cannot really argue with the truth. here it is again, case you missed it above:

an just a reminder, we should not be doing this up here...
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/06/14 04:32 PM
mikee: even you should know that one cannot really argue with the truth. here it is again, case you missed it above:

an just a reminder, we should not be doing this up here...

Please feel free to withdraw from this discussion at any time.

You?

Posted By: Dave K Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/06/14 04:34 PM

I know it's shady where you are, character-wise at least.

grin
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/06/14 04:37 PM
we should not be doing this up here...
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/06/14 04:39 PM
we should not be doing this up here...

Please feel free to withdraw from this discussion of return policies at any time.
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/06/14 05:13 PM
gladly, but i will not tolerate untruths nor personal attacks without reponse...

and, if one does not feel comfortable with anothers business policies, then just dont do business with that person and move on... that is what i do...
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/06/14 05:21 PM
gladly, but i will not tolerate untruths nor personal attacks without reponse...

Cool!

You?
Posted By: Dave K Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/06/14 06:12 PM

And your doing such a great job responding to the deceptive photo's/action open,tarted up "burnt offerings" and shady return policy too !
How about why have you been banned from EVERY other forum on the internet (You prove that every day on here !)

"and, if one does not feel comfortable with anothers business policies, then just dont do business with that person and move on... that is what i do... "

This also explains why you business is failing and your on here "trolling" for victims to buy your over priced tarted up POS' guns !
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/06/14 07:39 PM
lies, untruths and personal attacks have no place on this forum or any other...
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/06/14 07:53 PM
lies, untruths and personal attacks have no place on this forum or any other...

If Dave banned those who posted those things you wouldn't be on here. Read down through the first page or two of this thread and look at the personal attack you made on bgl0b6:

bgl still hasn't been back since your personal attack on him.

And you still haven't answered this question:

You?
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/06/14 10:08 PM
well how about this.. when i pursued a fellow gunbroker dealer to define his return policy, the following is the answer i received:

Hello Ed,

It’s very simple, we don’t send guns to people for approval, period... Weather you realize it or not people will buy items and then once they get them try to resell an item, and if not successful then ask for a return on our dime. Sorry, we won’t allow it. There is always buyers remorse as well, when someone has to have something no matter what the cost until they actually have to pay for it and realize they would rather have the $$ than the item. Sorry, we won’t be held responsible. And then there is someone buying something, using it, for a special event or similar then they no longer need it and wish to return. Well,,, that we have covered as no one can clean our guns with out us knowing as we use specially died lubricant that no one else has. The second we push a swab thru a bore we can tell if a guns been cleaned. All firearms inspections are strictly non-firing, as that’s unconditionally the industry standard.

We’ve been FFL holders more than 40 years and sellers here on Gun broker 14 years, and we have a reputation for buying and selling top quality investment firearms and accessories. Again, our feedbacks speak for themselves... We will not post specific return privileges because some will take those as free reign to use us as pawn brokers. Our position is simple, we’ll do everything we can presale to make the buyers absolutely confortable with the purchase. We don’t want people bidding in the first place if their not absolutely certain the items exactly what they want before placing a bid. That’s our job, and we believe in full disclosure, thus our excellent high resolution photos, and in depth descriptions. We believe we’re among the elite in the business when it comes to our photos and descriptions. If you see someone doing a better job, we’d like to see it.

On the subject of returns, all returns are at the buyers expense. We offer every possible avenue to avoid a return, if the buyer doesn’t take advantage of those avenues, why would we pay for the return? The only time we would pay is if there was a “major” discrepancy in the listing, like a mistaken caliber of gauge, wrong item, or some other significant defect. When it comes to condition, we are of the understanding condition is subjective to the eyes of the beholder. It’s a known fact that no two people can ever agree when it comes to actual percentage of finish, therefore we “Never” provide one, and that’s been the best approach. We provide high resolution digital photos so the buyers can be their own judge. When people ask, we also provide our phone # for a hands on description. Can things be hidden in photos? Absolutely, but again we believe we go over and above to show all possible angles, and still we offer the option to request additional photos of anything specific the buyers wish to see. What more can we do? Result, we get maybe 1 request in a hundred for additional photos. Furthermore for what it’s worth, we’ve not had a customer request a return an item in at least 4 years here on Gun Broker, and we wouldn’t expect a transaction with you to be any different. This is a good gun...

Customers don’t realize there are a lot of people playing games, and working angles. We don’t play games, and we’ve been in this business long enough we’ve learned the hard way, and we do our best to protect our interests as well as our customers. Again, we believe our feedbacks reflect that.

With all of this said, if you still don’t feel completely confortable doing business with us we’re sorry, but this is the best we can offer. We believe we’re an elite in the business regarding these issues. But,,, you can never please everyone, and we certainly realize that. With all of this said, if you still don’t feel completely confortable doing business with us we’re sorry, but this is the best we can offer. We believe we’re an elite in the business regarding these issues. But,,, you can never please everyone, and we certainly realize that. We do our very best, and that’s all we believe anyone can offer. Regardless we thank you for your interest and good luck in your searches.

wow! would you do business with this guy?

not me. too much sizzle...wheres the beef?
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/06/14 10:25 PM
and what about this?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=450852110

would you roll the dice and bid?
Posted By: Dave K Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/06/14 10:44 PM
Your the biggest LIAR and coward on here Ed,your the only one who has been BANNED from every other gun forum and had 3 time outs here !
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/06/14 10:49 PM
ed just because there are return policies out there that are worse than yours doesn't mean that yours isn't bad too.

And nobody knows what yours means.

The attitude you have towards others here indicates that it is probably very difficult to get you take a gun back. The decision you made when you turned this guy down rightly reinforces that perception:

You?

He won't take one back, but when confronted with a bad gun he sold he offers, on the forum, to pay for the repairs, just so everyone can see him being "gracious". I don't need him paying for my education, it's paid for. And well remembered.

SRH
Posted By: jeweler Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/07/14 12:50 AM
#348207 - December 12, 2013 03:40 PM Our friend Ed did it again!
khanh Offline
Sidelock

Loc: Austin, TX This was posted recently on another forum that I browse.

"posted 12 December 2013 23:52
If you're into older SxS shotguns, I have a head's up. Ed Good in NH is an appraiser, and lists many older classic SxS shotguns on Gun Broker. I bought a vintage SxS from this company, but when I mounted the barrels, they were loose. I tried to return it, but was told that since the action is tight when the forend is attached, it is "shootable", and no return would be accepted. The forend is a part of the action's lock-up (???). I sent him several articles on checking a SxS for wear looseness just as I had done, and he said that was a matter of opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if most of his listings are beater guns, waiting for sale with no chance of return, to become someone else's headache. Steer clear.

Ed is this true with a YES or NO ??
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/07/14 01:55 PM
jeweler: why do you ask this question here and in this context?
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/07/14 02:15 PM
Jewelers question is on topic. it is an example of your arbitrary application of your ambiguous and confusing "return" policy.

Jeweler further up on this thread I posted another link to a thread where Ed defended his interpretation of "tight."
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/07/14 02:22 PM
jeweler: why do you ask this question here and in this context?

I take it since Ed answered jeweler s question with a question that he doesn't want to admit that be really did refuse to take a mis-described gun back.

Please excuse my typing a d spelling mistakes. Am using a smartphone this morning
Posted By: jeweler Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/07/14 06:19 PM
ED

You answered it!
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/07/14 10:01 PM
hard to answer a question when one does not know what the real question is...

i mean, i get a provacative question here, from someone i do not know, (jeweler), about a posting made by someone else here, who i also dont know(khan), about a posting supposedly made by an unidentified person on an unidentified other location...

it does cause one ask, what the hell is this all about?
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/08/14 03:56 AM
hard to answer a question when one does not know what the real question is...

i mean, i get a provacative question here, from someone i do not know, (jeweler), about a posting made by someone else here, who i also dont know(khan), about a posting supposedly made by an unidentified person on an unidentified other location...

it does cause one ask, what the hell is this all about?

It started out as a discussion of return policies. You piped in and bragged about your business. We then started discussing your return policy and its application. In the threads I linked to above you acknowledge that you turned the guy down for a return on a loose gun. You argued with us about the definition of "loose"in one of those threads. Kind of like Bill Clinton and the definition of "is".

Was it You that said that?
I have a dream today. I have a dream that one day on the red clay hills of Georgia brothers in arms can join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, "Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty we're free of Ed at last".

I have a dream.

SRH
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/08/14 01:39 PM
stan: heres a hot flash for you...you are and always have been free to do or not do business with whom ever of your choice...and that works for me too!

and, i have a 99% plus positive public record, as a buyer and a seller. i will not allow jealous malcontents to claim otherwise, here or anywhere else.

america, what a wonderful place!
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/08/14 02:41 PM
recently agreed to accept return of a nice 50 year old european shotgun. buyer claimed wood had been refinished and he did not like that...got it back. wood did not look refinished to me. although the finish does look pretty good for a 50 year old gun.

anyway, my consignment customer called me up and said: i see you sold my gun. my reply was: yes, but it is being returned. he then said: thats odd, i saw it being walked around a gun show this past weekend...

go figure...
Posted By: Dave K Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/08/14 05:39 PM
Of course for this little "tale" to be plausible,Eddy consignor must have been from the same state as his buyer AND at the same gun show !

Eddy you keep digging your hole deeper so you can jump in when your done !
Posted By: tudurgs Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/08/14 06:38 PM
Ed - I must have been at the same show. As the gun was walked by, several folks remarked that it was a nice gun, but too bad it had been refinished.
Posted By: jeweler Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/08/14 07:10 PM
Ed
From what I have read you need to put on your gun for sale.No refunds! Then someone will understand that they are pretty much stuck with it and they would have known that from the beginning....... I have seen this posted several times and even though I would not purchase from them If someone is stupid enough to do so it would be there fault..or education.

The school of hard knocks has taught me well.
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/08/14 07:34 PM
point is, a three day unconditional return policy works mostly in buyers favor...it does little for sellers...

once an item leaves the sellers hand, he looses control of what can happen to it...and lots can happen to it, both coming and going and in between...
Posted By: Dave K Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/08/14 08:04 PM
Originally Posted By: tudurgs
Ed - I must have been at the same show. As the gun was walked by, several folks remarked that it was a nice gun, but too bad it had been refinished.

Wow and did you run into Ed's consignor-long distance consignor at that,he was there too you know crazy
Posted By: tudurgs Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/08/14 08:07 PM
Yeah. I believe his name was Mr. Ed.
Posted By: Replacement Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/08/14 08:11 PM
Quote:
I believe his name was Mr. Ed.

Then it was probably just the back half of Mr. Ed.
Posted By: jeweler Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/08/14 09:33 PM
Ed

And I see your point you are worried about you...I'm worried about me the buyer......So I avoid having any dealings with anyone who doesn't have a 100% return policy ....,,....not only if you see fit .

But that's me
Posted By: jeweler Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/09/14 03:51 PM
. Ed's RETURN POLICY....: Returns are handled on an individual basis. You can expect that i know what I am selling. You are expected to know what you are buying. All items are guaranteed to be as advertised. If I make a gross error in description, you may of course, return item with my apology. FEEDBACK: I am a licensed firearms dealer and have over 1500 buyer and seller feedbacks here on Gunbroker...so, follow the rules and bid with confidence. CONSIGNMENTS ACCEPTED: I sell many items on consignment. Please call 603-325-5828 or email during business hours, est, for appraisals and terms.

Ed I would change it from Gross error to sellers discretion only, also instead of saying bid with confidence I would put all bidding will be at your own risk.. NO REFUNDS SHOULD BE EXSPECTED.

The buyer will know what they are getting into and there is a 99% chance that they will be stuck with there purchase.
Posted By: Bob Cash Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/09/14 07:27 PM
point is, a three day unconditional return policy works mostly in buyers favor...it does little for sellers...

What it does is establish a level of TRUST and CONFIDENCE in the seller.
Since you seem to deserve neither it's understandable that you'll not make that offer.
Crappy pictures or the addition of a leaf or flower in your pictures is no substitute for
a hands on inspection.
Posted By: Dave K Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/09/14 09:32 PM
Ed, as we have seen even in this thread-with his BS return story,and others can not be trusted !
His whole business model depends on having the buyers money before he ships the gun,his deceptive pictures AND and no way for ANY (he has NO business hrs) buyer to see the gun hands on BEFORE he has his money.
To think that the transaction works in the buyers favor is laughable !
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/09/14 09:42 PM

1520 and counting...

it is what it is.
Posted By: Dave K Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/09/14 09:47 PM
How many forums have you been tossed from Ed ?
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/09/14 10:07 PM
yawn...
Posted By: Dave K Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/09/14 10:14 PM
Once again ,instead of answering DIRECT questions Eddy hides and will not answer

How many forums have you been thrown off Ed Good?

Why do you take deceptive pictures if your guns hiding defects?

Why do you not have-as required by ATF rules "business hrs" were a buyer or his agent can examine a gun in person?

Why do you continue to LIE on here about returning guns (no-one believes your gun show "story" Eddy)

Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/09/14 10:32 PM
now heres one for you boys...too bad there aint no three day inspection...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=452287542
Posted By: battle Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/09/14 10:59 PM
Ed.......
Three questions for you. 1) why link that old and tired used up black powder gun as example of no return? I think everyone and anyone at all interested in such an item is only interested in it as a wall hanger. 2) why link your gunbroker feed back constantly? Did you not get enough attention as a child? 3) why do you badger good forum members? I would think anyone in business would want the reputation and support of members who could also be potential buyers.
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/10/14 12:51 AM
battle: 1. just to ridicule those who critize me here without walking in my shoes. 2. only to present the truth in response to the lies told here. 3. not aware of any good forum members that i have badgered. and i am not really in business full time. i was fortunate enough to retire in 2000, so my gun business is a part hobby business for me. and i dont see many members here as potential customers...some may be. and if so, read the feedback from other good customers and make your judgement on that an not the mean, vile nonsense that is too often allowed to appear here.
Posted By: battle Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/10/14 01:06 AM
If it is how you say it is, why are you here?

The way I see it is, your just looking for attention.. Since your retired maybe a new hobby.
Posted By: Dave K Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/10/14 01:29 AM
Ed has some serious attention issues (along with a stuck caps key),you hit on the seeking attention and that may well be it.
In a strange masochistic way Eddy Good likes/seeks to find attention and abuse for past "sins" (unethical business practices) on forums.He has been banned off all of the others so we are the "babysitters" for this sick man.
He is not happy unless he can be abused,very sick man and no doubt should not be selling guns (from his kitchen table !) and taking advantage of unknowing buyers.
Posted By: B. Dudley Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/10/14 01:48 AM
He says he doesn't see many members here as being potential customers of his. ???
This is intended to be a board for enthusiasts, collectors and shooters of fine quality double guns.
So, Ed's statement either means one of two things... He does not sell fine quality guns, OR he considers potential customers for his guns only as being uneducated newcomers to the gun buying/collecting scene.

Seeking attention and abuse for sure! Why would he even consider posting on a thread about return policies? Regardless of what he thinks his policy is or isnt, he knows the response a post will get. It's the same old tired story on this board.
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/10/14 01:44 PM
double yawn...
Posted By: GLS Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/10/14 01:58 PM
Ed, nobody reading this thread is asleep. Gil
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/10/14 02:19 PM
yeah, but a couple of the jealous low life liers, (or is it lyers), that keep jabbing at me here are putting me to sleep...i mean they are so boring...

wish moderator would move this thread to misfires, so i can unload, {so to speak}, on these jokers...
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/10/14 09:34 PM
3. not aware of any good forum members that i have badgered.

bg: I sent you private emails. your making that fact public here just confirms my low opinion of your character.

I will not respond to nonsense here, but may do so down below in misfires.

Originally Posted By: bgl0b6
Just recieved another e-mail notification from Ed,this time threatening me with legal actions for things I said about him.First of all I never said anything about him personally a,I know nothing about him,second the things I said were in general about how to deal with being ripped off on internet,happens every day and there are ways to deal with them if you pay by USPS money orders,my comments did not specify Ed in any way.The other thing I said was thank you for the heads up on the deal.Ed go ahead and waste your money and try to take me to court,I have in no way said anything about you personally.I have not responded to any of your posts until now.I still cannot believe this web site has not banded you for the threatening e-mails you are sending to me.As for the web sites responce to this I am never going to come here again anyway,I dont appreciate my e-mail box filled with your kind of trash.

PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM THE SITE,NEVER TO RETURN.I am done being harrassed by Ed Good and have done nothing to provoke him,he has harrassed me repeatedly all day through both e-mails and pm.I dont need that from him or anyone else........

ok bg, you low down back stabbing bushwacker, now that your little thread is down here with the other low down back stabbing bushwackers, why did you start this mess? who are you, where are you? or do you prefer to remain a coward like so many others here and hide behind a phony name....

Was it you that said that?

and i dont see many members here as potential customers...some may be. and if so, read the feedback from other good customers...

As far as being bored please feel free to withdraw from this discussion of return policies at any time.

Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/11/14 01:09 AM
hey, mikie...sounds like you had a good day... did a little research did ja? took a lotta stuff out of context and tried to make sum thin out of hit...i am happy for you.

course, you gotta member that you an yo posts lik dis belong down below, don ja no?
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/11/14 01:17 AM
now back to the real world...

remember the european gun i agreed to take back cause the buyer claimed the wood had been redone and he did not like that? well, i got hit back. test fired hit, an now...guess what? it is a single trigger gun an...yep, the first barrel fires, but not the second...fortunately, old ed is a wizard at workin on single trigger gons. why, even he can make parker single triggers work. anyway, i will bring hit to him and hopefully, he can fix hit. meantime, should i send refund check now or wait until i find out if hit can be fixed and then deduct cost from refund...

yes sir. three day inspection without recourse is a wonderful thing for buyers, but hit sucks for sellers.
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/11/14 01:20 AM
hey, mikie...sounds like you had a good day... did a little research did ja? took a lotta stuff out of context and tried to make sum thin out of hit...i am happy for you.

Here is the thread where you badgered and bullied bgl0b6:

Doesn't look out of context to me.

Glad to see you don't find the thread boring anymore.

Posted By: jeweler Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/11/14 02:07 AM
Ed
I think I'd try to let this blog go away...anyone looking for a SxS is not going to take a chance with you if they have read half of what you have said..... and I'm not saying you are a bad guy I just don't think anyone reading this would risk buying from you if they don't think they are going to get there Money $$ back.... and I mean no one! let it die...
Posted By: battle Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/11/14 02:20 AM
NM
Posted By: Bob Cash Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/11/14 02:59 AM
Clever, no. Dim wit, of course.
You're really annoying enough without whatever you call this.

course, you gotta member that you an yo posts lik dis belong down below, don ja no?

now back to the real world...

remember the european gun i agreed to take back cause the buyer claimed the wood had been redone and he did not like that? well, i got hit back. test fired hit, an now...guess what? it is a single trigger gun an...yep, the first barrel fires, but not the second...fortunately, old ed is a wizard at workin on single trigger gons. why, even he can make parker single triggers work. anyway, i will bring hit to him and hopefully, he can fix hit. meantime, should i send refund check now or wait until i find out if hit can be fixed and then deduct cost from refund...

yes sir. three day inspection without recourse is a wonderful thing for buyers, but hit sucks for sellers.
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/11/14 12:36 PM
gee cash? what rock did you crawl out from under?

i mean who are you and what qualifies you to be critical of anyone?
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/11/14 12:52 PM
ed this thread is about return policies. You have decided to make yours the centerpiece of this discussion. Please try to stay on topic. The posts below are relevant to how honestly and fairly you apply your vague and ambiguous policy. Please address each one rather than typing out some six second throw away line.

3. not aware of any good forum members that i have badgered.

bg: I sent you private emails. your making that fact public here just confirms my low opinion of your character.

Just recieved another e-mail notification from Ed,this time threatening me with legal actions for things I said about him.First of all I never said anything about him personally a,I know nothing about him,second the things I said were in general about how to deal with being ripped off on internet,happens every day and there are ways to deal with them if you pay by USPS money orders,my comments did not specify Ed in any way.The other thing I said was thank you for the heads up on the deal.Ed go ahead and waste your money and try to take me to court,I have in no way said anything about you personally.I have not responded to any of your posts until now.I still cannot believe this web site has not banded you for the threatening e-mails you are sending to me.As for the web sites responce to this I am never going to come here again anyway,I dont appreciate my e-mail box filled with your kind of trash.

PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM THE SITE,NEVER TO RETURN.I am done being harrassed by Ed Good and have done nothing to provoke him,he has harrassed me repeatedly all day through both e-mails and pm.I dont need that from him or anyone else........

ok bg, you low down back stabbing bushwacker, now that your little thread is down here with the other low down back stabbing bushwackers, why did you start this mess? who are you, where are you? or do you prefer to remain a coward like so many others here and hide behind a phony name....

Was it you that said that? I have asked several times. You have never answered the question.

and i dont see many members here as potential customers...some may be. and if so, read the feedback from other good customers...

Your current return policy is vague, iffy, arbitrary, and stingy. When you split hairs like you did over the meaning of "off face", claiming it depends on whether the forend is on or off, you are playing "gotcha".

Posted By: Dave K Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/11/14 01:17 PM
Ed truly needs to get some serious mental help,he needs/craves attention-probably has no friends and has been tossed off every other gun forum for has behavior.Its the only explanation for his irrational-delusional behavior.

He makes up stories about consigned guns-consignors seeing them at gun shows after sales,now this "trigger issue" all to support-without any basis,his shady return policy-like his deceptive pictures that are ruining his business and trolls on here.
Posted By: B. Dudley Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/11/14 01:50 PM
The lack of moderation on this board is staggering to me.

It is members like Ed that have driven away other good contributing members. Examples of that are shown above. And he is still here clogging up the board with useless posts like a TROLL and making threads run on for, what are we at now, 15 pages on this one?
And then people wonder why this board has grown a little stagnant.
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/11/14 02:41 PM
It is members like Ed that have driven away other good contributing members. Examples of that are shown above. And he is still here clogging up the board with useless posts like a TROLL and making threads run on for, what are we at now, 15 pages on this one?

I agree.

I believe the way the people on this board react to ed is an indication of how he treats people in general. There are several people that are willing to pay good money to have him off of here. See this thread:

Pledge drive to ban ed good for good.

I think that thread has value in judging how ed will apply his so-called "return policy" in the future. So imagine that ed has your money and that you have a shotgun you bought from him and that it has undisclosed problems. Imagine what kind of treatment you would get from ed, especially if it was your first or second double gun purchase. And of course GunBroker, when it reads ed's ambiguous "return policy", says that he is within his rights to keep your money and require you to keep the mis-described gun.

Caveat Emptor.
Posted By: Bob Cash Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/11/14 02:58 PM
Do tell ed.
What do you call this kind of "speak" and why do you feel compelled
to communicate in this manner?

Originally Posted By: Bob Cash

You're really annoying enough without whatever you call this.

[quote=ed good] ja, lotta , sum thin, hit, gotta member yo, lik dis, don ja no?

Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/11/14 03:41 PM
well then, what shall we talk about now?
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/11/14 03:42 PM
well then, what shall we talk about now?

ed this is a thread about return policies. Please try to stay on topic.

Why don't you address the points below. Or at lease one of them.

I agree.

I believe the way the people on this board react to ed is an indication of how he treats people in general. There are several people that are willing to pay good money to have him off of here. See this thread:

Pledge drive to ban ed good for good.

I think that thread has value in judging how ed will apply his so-called "return policy" in the future. So imagine that ed has your money and that you have a shotgun you bought from him and that it has undisclosed problems. Imagine what kind of treatment you would get from ed, especially if it was your first or second double gun purchase. And of course GunBroker, when it reads ed's ambiguous "return policy", says that he is within his rights to keep your money and require you to keep the mis-described gun.

Caveat Emptor.
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/11/14 04:12 PM
personal attacks are not about return policies...

here is my stated return policy:

"Returns are handled on an individual basis. You can expect that i know what I am selling. You are expected to know what you are buying. All items are guaranteed to be as advertised. If I make a gross error in description, you may of course, return item with my apology."

here is a link to my latest feedback on gunbroker, which includes hundreds of satisfied customers who have no problem with my return policy:

and if you do not like my return policy, that is fine by me...

so, what else do you guys wanna talk about?
Posted By: Dave K Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/11/14 04:33 PM
Who are you trying to fool with this crap Ed ?

Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/11/14 04:48 PM

here is my stated return policy:

"Returns are handled on an individual basis. You can expect that i know what I am selling. You are expected to know what you are buying. All items are guaranteed to be as advertised. If I make a gross error in description, you may of course, return item with my apology."

here is a link to my latest feedback on gunbroker, which includes hundreds of satisfied customers who have no problem with my return policy:

and if you do not like my return policy, that is fine by me.

No personal attacks by me. Just quoting what you have written primarily. But here are perfect examples of how you treat people. And these help us know how we will be treated when we see a really vague and ambiguous return policy like yours.

Now please stay on topic. This thread is about return policies. You have chosen to make it about your application of your return policy.

Perhaps you could further flesh out how your many personal attacks, badgering, and bullying on and of bglO6b had to do with the topic of that original thread. Certainly that thread is a good indicator of how you apply your return policy and so is on topic. I don't know how you can argue my quotations of your posts out to be "personal attacks" on you. They are real quotes of real things you posted on this BBS. I have provided links to the threads that you made those posts on multiple times.

Here is a link to a thread about a lousy application of an ambiguous return policy:
http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=348635&page=1 Even you should be able to see how it is on-topic here.

ed even I am starting to feel sorry for you. The best salesman I ever had once told me "The more you stir the shit the more it stinks." I will not leave the last post to you. I am prepared to keep this discussion with you about your return policy and your application of that return policy going until Christmas of 2017 if you continue to debate with me about it on this thread.

Are you?
Posted By: B. Dudley Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/11/14 05:11 PM
Feedback seems to be an important subject for Ed. Regardless of how many positives there are, look at the negatives. 16 negatives and 3 neutrals. That is a good amount regardless of how many positives there are. And if you take a look at the negatives, he argues and fights with people through replys in the feedback like he does on here.

I guess dilution is the solution??? Enough positives outweight the negatives?

I am sure there are tons of sellers with feedback numbers as high as Ed's with no negatives at all.
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/11/14 08:57 PM
so, if this thread is supposed to be about return policies, why do you guys continue with the personal attacks?

seems like all you are accomplishing here is trashing this fine forum...
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/11/14 09:38 PM
As I said ed, you started the discussion on your return policy. If you want to stop discussing it then stop discussing it.

As far as "trashing" this forum you have been suspended three times. I don't believe any of the rest of us posting on this thread have been suspended even once. Dave has never asked me to cease doing anything as a matter of fact.

I still think you owe bglOb6 an apology for your posts on this thread:

And there were certainly no personal attacks by me. Just quotes of what you have written primarily. And these help us know how we will be treated when we read a vague and ambiguous return policy like yours.
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/11/14 10:03 PM
" And these help us know how we will be treated when we read a vague and ambiguous return policy like yours."

and here is feedback from my latest victim #1521:

it is what it is...
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/11/14 10:25 PM
" And these help us know how we will be treated when we read a vague and ambiguous return policy like yours."

it is what it is...

Caveat Emptor.

Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/11/14 10:47 PM
surprised this is tolerated here. moderator must be up in a tree stand...good for him.
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/11/14 10:53 PM
Should Dave Weber decide to clean house I am sure you will be the first to go as you are the only one that has been suspended three times from this forum.

Please try to stay on-topic ed.

it is what it is...

Caveat Emptor.

Posted By: Dennis Wolfe Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/11/14 10:56 PM
I hope when Dave does get down from his tree stand and reads this thread he will boot you for good.>>>> FINGERS CROSSED
Posted By: J.R.B. Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/11/14 11:03 PM
I hope he gets a deer first. smile
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/11/14 11:19 PM
wolfe: are you the same guy that i bought an ithaca nid from that had problem that you failed to mention in your advertisement and that you failed to acknowledge when i told you about it and then failed to pay for the fix? or am i confusing you with somebody else?
Posted By: Dennis Wolfe Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/11/14 11:51 PM
ed, yes you are confused again I have never owned or sold an NID in my life.
You can expect that i know what I am selling.

If it is to be expected that you know what you are selling then I can assume that you KNEW that the BSS you sold me would not recock the right barrel, right? And if that is so then I can rightly assume that you sold it anyway, without disclosing the fact, right? And if THAT is so, then I can rightly assume you are dishonest, right?

SRH
Posted By: J.R.B. Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/12/14 12:10 AM
After reading all of this I think ed would be better off taking up knitting or crocheting. crazy
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/12/14 12:53 AM
stan: l would not knowingly sell a gun with a functional problem. most of the guns i sell, have been test fired by yours truly, before shipment. i still find it very unusual that a bss would have a functional problem...but then, as you continue to make the point, you have my apology and acceptance of responsibilty...if there is a next time for us, please do let me know immediately, of any such problem...i have offered to pay for the repair and accepted responsibility for the problem...what else do you want from me?
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/12/14 12:54 AM
dennis: then let us leave it at that.
stan: l would not knowingly sell a gun with a functional problem. most of the guns i sell, have been test fired by yours truly, before shipment. i still find it very unusual that a bss would have a functional problem...but then, as you continue to make the point, you have my apology and acceptance of responsibilty...if there is a next time for us, please do let me know immediately, of any such problem...i have offered to pay for the repair and accepted responsibility for the problem...what else do you want from me?

Most, eh?

What else do I want from you? I want you to change the wording in your return policy. You should drop the part that I quoted that says .......... "You can expect that i know what I am selling." Evidently, you do NOT know what you are selling. Either that, or you are dishonest. I would rather believe that you simply do not take enough care checking guns out before you sell them. Either way, the statement is misleading, and should be changed.

There won't be a next time for us, ed. As I said in an earlier post, ....... "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

SRH
Posted By: ed good Re: Why 3 day inspections are important - 11/12/14 01:51 AM
well stan, what say we leave it at that?
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com