doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: arrieta2 CSMC 21 over/under shotgun - 10/20/14 07:23 PM
Has anybody receive theirs yet? A friend and good customer ordered one and paid up front and in full. He has inquired several times about the estimated delivery time. They recently have got very rude on the phone with him and told him he did not need to call here anymore as they would call him when it was ready. This man is very easy to work with as he and I have done business for many years now. I told him this was natural for CSMC on the delivery date and times, but he will get his gun.

He just wants an estimated delivery time.

Has anybody got theirs yet and can you advise how long the order time was.

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
Posted By: Gunflint Charlie Re: CSMC 21 over/under shotgun - 10/20/14 07:41 PM
I've seen no reports anywhere from anyone who's received one -- can't even remember for sure reading of anyone else having placed an order.

Jay
Posted By: bbman3 Re: CSMC 21 over/under shotgun - 10/20/14 07:51 PM
Shooting Sportsman Forum has many post regarding ordering and waiting for various CSMC shotguns.I ordered three RBL guns and called a couple times and they were always nice.Ask for Lou. Bobby
Posted By: Buzz Re: CSMC 21 over/under shotgun - 10/20/14 10:55 PM
I'd ask for my money back if they were rude to me. Those O/U guns aren't Win 21's anyway.
Posted By: John Roberts Re: CSMC 21 over/under shotgun - 10/21/14 12:01 AM
Some cheap advice: don't call them again. It will be ready when it's ready. You'll like it. Let the anticipation be at least as good as the act.
JR
Posted By: Gunflint Charlie Re: CSMC 21 over/under shotgun - 10/21/14 12:33 AM
After you've already paid, the very least they should be able to do is provide an estimated timeframe for delivery. I have no firsthand info on this, but have the fleeting thought that maybe they don't have enough orders to make money producing too few guns, might not be committed to producing it, might pull the plug entirely. I would ask for my money back if rudely treated -- and even if politely treated if they refuse to give any kind of delivery estimate.

Jay
Posted By: Shotgunjones Re: CSMC 21 over/under shotgun - 10/21/14 12:52 AM
What you'll put up with depends on how much you want it.
Posted By: fla3006 Re: CSMC 21 over/under shotgun - 10/21/14 01:06 AM
They look like nice O/Us.
Incredible guns put out by CSMC. They must have CNC technology down to an art to offer so many different repros available from a relatively small company, and better than the originals in most cases.
Posted By: Gt1900 Re: CSMC 21 over/under shotgun - 10/23/14 01:34 PM
I hope you have better luck with them then I've had. The gun they delivered to me was less then impressive. Hopefully they take care of it, otherwise this will be my first and last CSMC shotgun.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: CSMC 21 over/under shotgun - 10/23/14 03:09 PM
Is a 21 O/U any more real or original than a Parker O/U? Production schedules are often fluid in small number productions. I have had several estimated completion dates for such items and always take them with a very large grain of salt.
Posted By: S&W ucla Re: CSMC 21 over/under shotgun - 10/23/14 03:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Gt1900
I hope you have better luck with them then I've had. The gun they delivered to me was less then impressive. Hopefully they take care of it, otherwise this will be my first and last CSMC shotgun.

Would you mind elaborating on model and problems? I am considering some of their models.
Thanks (and Good Luck!)
Posted By: Gt1900 Re: CSMC 21 over/under shotgun - 10/23/14 04:46 PM
I'd be glad to, but will wait until I hear the outcome. What I will say is that the finish was far from what Id expect from a semi custom gun.
Posted By: Bob Jurewicz Re: CSMC 21 over/under shotgun - 10/23/14 08:01 PM
I handled a few that I believe CSMC had at Hidden Hollow. I don't like O/N ers but really liked these. To me they seemed to have the same quality as the CSMC 21s at a fraction of the price.
Bob Jurewicz
Posted By: Tom DeZao Re: CSMC 21 over/under shotgun - 10/23/14 10:25 PM
Interesting commentary here, I almost ordered the o/u but changed my mind when a shooting buddy outlined the nightmare he encountered with buying a 16ga sxs 21 from CSMC nothing but problems and back and forth shipping the gun to get it right, nice looking gun but no thanks for $10K plus hassle.

TD
Posted By: Gt1900 Re: CSMC 21 over/under shotgun - 12/09/14 05:36 PM
Update. Without getting into peticulars, the gun was sent back due to some manufactures defects. When the gun was sent back to me the issues were still not resolved and the gun went back for a second time. CSMC replaced the original gun with a brand new gun that was even prettier then the first, and the fit and finish was nearly perfect (I can be VERY peticular). I give credit to CSMC for making things right. I will also say this, the Inverness is a BEAUTIFUL gun that handles very well. I think my 686 will see a lot more time in the safe now. IMO, there is little comparison.
Posted By: BPGuy Re: CSMC 21 over/under shotgun - 12/09/14 07:55 PM
I did not order a Model 21 O/U, but I did get an Inverness and an RBL 16 ga both new from CSMC. My experiences with those guns would suggest that, if ordered on Day 1, he should expect about 18 months (approx.) until delivery. If it shows up before that that, celebrate! If a bit later, he can still celebrate a nice gun. If he waited to order, then it might take significantly longer, depending on how many are in front of him, and the configuration of orders. I suspect they produce in "batches", i.e. 2 triggers, straight stock, 28" barrel, get done first. Then another configuration next, etc. Again, this is just supposition on my part, but it seems to make sense.

I also love my Inverness, and shoot it very well. It will be a keeper when I start to thin the herd.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com