doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: patrickwall Help with odd WW Greener Trigger - 08/08/13 10:23 PM
Can anyone help me with info on the below trigger of a Greener 12 bore?

I don't have any pics of the water table or barrel flats, so I don't know when it was made. Seeing the single trigger makes me hesitate on getting the gun.

How are Greener's single triggers and how is this type - any info on it's design and purpose?

Posted By: montenegrin Re: Help with odd WW Greener Trigger - 08/08/13 10:48 PM
As far as I can remember I never saw anything like it, very interesting.
I'm sure someone will have a clue.

With kind regards,
Jani
Posted By: 2-piper Re: Help with odd WW Greener Trigger - 08/08/13 11:59 PM
Just as a wild guess I'm thinking rocking the lower portion of the trigger may be the selector for the firing order. That is shift the finger up to fire one bbl first or down to fire the other one first.
Posted By: Craig Havener Re: Help with odd WW Greener Trigger - 08/09/13 12:36 AM
I think 2-piper is right, didn't some Italian mfg,offer this type of trigger as and option for barrel selection on and over/under!
Best,
Craig
Posted By: Franc Otte Re: Help with odd WW Greener Trigger - 08/09/13 12:49 AM
Pat', that is interesting.Never seen one like that .
Beretta tried a similar type of trigger in the '70s (?) on some o/u guns, same kinda idea.I think the upper groove was for the top bbl n the the lower for the bottom, but It didn't seem to catch on.I have read Graham Greeners book a couple of times, but don't remember seeing anything like that .What kind of serial # range?
I bet someone here will probably know a bit about it..
cheers
franc
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Help with odd WW Greener Trigger - 08/09/13 01:07 AM
Is there any indication it is original with the gun and not a later addition?
Posted By: Doverham Re: Help with odd WW Greener Trigger - 08/09/13 01:28 AM
odd shaped trigger guard, too - seems a bit cramped
Posted By: Tom Martin Re: Help with odd WW Greener Trigger - 08/09/13 01:22 PM
I have seen a trigger like that before, but it was on an orphaned trigger plate for an LC Smith. As I recall, the trigger was patented and I looked up the patent. The one I saw belonged to Bill Winters in MD.
Posted By: Douglas Tate Re: Help with odd WW Greener Trigger - 08/09/13 03:17 PM
Looks like a working variant on the S. J. Wallis patent of 1892. (See page 74, for 1892, of Patents for Invention Small Arms 1889-1900, Armory Publications.) Pull up one barrel fires, pull down and the other goes off.
Posted By: Douglas Tate Re: Help with odd WW Greener Trigger - 08/09/13 03:35 PM
Also take a look at the Thompson patent for 1897 on page 90 of Vol III of The British Shotgun by Ian Crudgington & David Baker.

Superbly researched book by the way. Anyone interested in British guns should have a copy.
Posted By: Roundsworth Re: Help with odd WW Greener Trigger - 08/09/13 03:36 PM
http://wwgreener.com/

Contact Graham Greener. He and I exchanged numerous informative e-mails about an unusual Greener Emperor of mine that is equipped with a single select trigger. Mr. Greener was most helpful.
Posted By: Ken Nelson Re: Help with odd WW Greener Trigger - 08/09/13 03:41 PM
[/URL]

Beretta Single Selective Speed Trigger
I hunted with one for several years.
Posted By: Franc Otte Re: Help with odd WW Greener Trigger - 08/12/13 05:45 PM
Anyone have info on this?..Diggory perhaps????
Franc
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com