doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Vol423 Price Check on Francotte Knockabout - 03/06/13 06:48 PM
I haven't seen this gun yet, but it was described to me as a 12GA Knockabout with ejectors, 28" barrels, in nice condition. What is the ballpark value if all this is true?
This may be a bit strong:

http://www.gunsinternational.com/Francotte-Knockabout-12-ga-.cfm?gun_id=100137354

It's probably more of a $1200 gun.

OWD
Posted By: Rocketman Re: Price Check on Francotte Knockabout - 03/07/13 02:58 AM
Vol423, in my system of valuation, Francotte is Brand Value level three (BV3), the Knockabout is a minimally engraved BLE which fits to Original Quality grade seven (OQ7). Current Condition level sounds like "significant use" to "heavy use but no abuse," which is CC3 to CC4.

BV3-OQ7-CC3 = $1,620 and BV3-OQ7-CC4 = $1,233. Note that ODW and I agree rather closely. Should the "in the hand" gun condition better match "Limited use - slight finish wear, little shooting," then, BV3-OQ7-CC2 = $2,165. As you can see, current condition is a powerful determinant of value. Note: value does not equal price; price is the final number agreed to by both buyer and seller.

Hope this helps.

DDA
Posted By: Vol423 Re: Price Check on Francotte Knockabout - 03/07/13 03:02 AM
Rocketman,

I'd like to see an explanation of your valuation system. Have you tested it on auction prices? What is its accuracy to true market value?
Posted By: Rocketman Re: Price Check on Francotte Knockabout - 03/07/13 03:41 AM
Vol423, it is a market research project primarily based on auction hammer prices with allowance for buyer's premium and other delivery costs. For a deeper discussion, PM me.

DDA
Posted By: PeteM Re: Price Check on Francotte Knockabout - 03/07/13 05:18 PM
The prices Don is giving are very much on. Don't get hung up on a Francotte knockabout. They were entry level and are very common. If the gun is in good condition and the price is right, snap it up. The Francotte name has been gaining recognition over the years.

Pete
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com