doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: RBaptiste Hello to all - 02/21/13 01:07 PM
Hi, I just subscript on this forum today, I am Roland Baptiste a gun engraver from Belgium. You can know more about me on internet ;-)
I am not hunter but I like it and I like very nice gun too.
Have a nice day.
Posted By: SamW Re: Hello to all - 02/21/13 01:29 PM
Hi Roland, good to see you here as well as the engraving forums.
Posted By: ellenbr Re: Hello to all - 02/21/13 01:29 PM
Well hello, and welcome to our merry band. We look forward to any insight you have on Belgian sporting weapons as well as their engravers.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: RBaptiste Re: Hello to all - 02/21/13 01:35 PM
Thanks,
Hello Sam ;-)
Raimey, no problem if I can help you to identify some engraving and gunmaker from Belgium ;-)
Posted By: Doublefan Re: Hello to all - 02/21/13 02:06 PM
Hello Roland and welcome! I guess I'll put you to work right away. I just picked up a Belgium SxS boxlock. Plane jane but well made. Barrels are marked Jamart & Co. Liege Toreador Special Stal. If you have any insight to this maker I would be in your debt. Thanks, Bob
Posted By: PeteM Re: Hello to all - 02/22/13 12:41 AM
Originally Posted By: Doublefan
Hello Roland and welcome! I guess I'll put you to work right away. I just picked up a Belgium SxS boxlock. Plane jane but well made. Barrels are marked Jamart & Co. Liege Toreador Special Stal. If you have any insight to this maker I would be in your debt. Thanks, Bob

Bob,

He is located in Belgium. Planning a trip?

Roland Baptiste
19 rue Beaulieu 4577 Modave
Belgium

Map

He is just 35km from Liege. Nice part of Belgium.

Welcome Roland.

Pete
Posted By: C. Roger Bleile Re: Hello to all - 02/22/13 03:11 AM
Roland,

Welcome to this forum. There are some guys here that know every minute detail about the guns they collect.

Cheers,
Roger
Posted By: RBaptiste Re: Hello to all - 02/22/13 08:03 AM
Thanks for you welcome comment.
Bob I find only two links where we talk about this factory, it is a old one and now it is finished since long time.
http://users.skynet.be/HL-Editions/holland/holland1.htm
http://mallorquina.pagesperso-orange.fr/source/pageJ.htm

You can ask the Gun Museum of Liège to have maybe more informations:
http://www.grandcurtiusliege.be/collections/departement-des-armes
Posted By: GETTEMANS Re: Hello to all - 02/22/13 08:32 AM
Hi Roland, welcome to the forum I think I know you, not personaly but I know that you work on a regular base for one of my friends Paul Ulens and maybe also for Jean-Jacques Desmedt.
I knew your father Raymond, I think I am the forum member who live most close to you I live in a little town with the name Meerbeke and this is 34 KM N.W. of Brussels.
I know that you are a very talented engraver, like your father was. I am sure that you can contribute to this forum and I am also sure that many members are ready to help you if you have questions. Greetings from a Belgian member, Marc
Posted By: RBaptiste Re: Hello to all - 02/22/13 09:04 AM
Hello Marc, My father worked on FN Herstal and today I try to make and create an other style, my own style of pattern, of course the acanthus leafs are the basic of engraving.
Here you can see a special design I am engraving, no usual... but I try to adapt my design of the customer taste and desire.
http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/558067_10200571793888162_1048047683_n.jpg
Posted By: GETTEMANS Re: Hello to all - 02/22/13 09:42 AM
Roland I know that Ned Schwing noticed your fathers name in the list of the engravers who workted for F.N Herstal in his book, The Browning Superposed, John, M.Browning's Last Legacy.
Not so longtime ago I visited Lucien Capece ( Rocco) to se his work also, knowing that Rocco is a regular engraver of the American A 10 for T.Galazan.
Marc
Posted By: barrel browner Re: Hello to all - 02/22/13 11:17 PM
Hi Roland, that is twice I have met you this week ! this is a great site good bunch of guys on here !
Posted By: RBaptiste Re: Hello to all - 02/23/13 09:33 AM
Hi, you had met me? Where? ;-)
Thanks
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com