doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: dubbletrubble Felag?? - 09/12/06 08:12 PM
Anybody heard of this maker? FELAG.
Posted By: Rockdoc Re: Felag?? - 09/12/06 08:25 PM
Don't you mean FUBAR or somthing like that.
Posted By: Ken Hurst Re: Felag?? - 09/12/06 08:34 PM
Could youmean Ferlach as in Austria. This town is their sporting firearm center. Ken
Posted By: dubbletrubble Re: Felag?? - 09/12/06 08:38 PM
No, Felag. Belgium maker?
Posted By: Utah Shotgunner Re: Felag?? - 09/12/06 08:41 PM
Proof marks would probably tell the story.
Posted By: dubbletrubble Re: Felag?? - 09/12/06 08:49 PM
I do not have the gun. A shop I used to buy from down south has it and I was talking to them today. He is a friend so I trust him when he says it is a beautiful damascus gun, of high grade. I can find no info at all on it though.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Felag?? - 09/12/06 09:57 PM
I own a Felag. It is, I think, a Belgian gun, 16 ga. S x S with 28" barrels. I have been redoing the whole thing, off and on, for the last three years. Very nice little light 16 with a crossbolt and an Anson fore-end fastener. Very light, don't remember exactly, but recall it being right at 6 lbs. I bought it very cheap with excellent barrels and a tight action and decided to see how nice a bird gun I could make of it doing everything myself and holding costs to an absolute minimum. Mine is not damascus, and is not high grade, either. I've never found any information on the maker, either, but speculate that it is a Belgian "knock-off" of the Ferlach name.

Stan
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Felag?? - 09/12/06 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by dubbletrubble:
Anybody heard of this maker? FELAG.
Did the gun come from San Fransisco ?
Posted By: dubbletrubble Re: Felag?? - 09/13/06 01:29 AM
Thanks for all the info...and the gay humor.
Posted By: PeteM Re: Felag?? - 09/13/06 12:07 PM
Well, I can't find anything on the maker. If you post pictures of the watertable and barrel flats, some one may be able to id the maker. Certainly should be able to get an idea of when it was made.

There is a Felag up on gunbroker now. Very unique trademark stamped on the barrels.

Pete
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com