doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: UplandGuide Santa came real early this year..... - 11/08/12 09:11 PM

Posted By: tudurgs Re: Santa came real early this year..... - 11/08/12 09:15 PM
CSM Inverness?
Posted By: Doverham Re: Santa came real early this year..... - 11/08/12 09:27 PM
Santa has a good eye for American black walnut . . . .
Posted By: UplandGuide Re: Santa came real early this year..... - 11/08/12 09:32 PM
Yes, it is a CSMC Inverness. Just received it. More are in the works and being shipped.....so, if you ordered early on you should be getting a call in the very near future. The gun is superb.....form and fit right on. I will test function tomorrow.
Posted By: UplandGuide Re: Santa came real early this year..... - 11/08/12 11:29 PM
Long Tang option:
Boy, when The Big Guy In Red delivers, he Delivers.
Posted By: btdtst Re: Santa came real early this year..... - 11/09/12 12:08 AM
Beautiful, and the wood....wow. I handled some of these last year and would have ordered one in a heartbeat if I didn't already have two of the A-10 twenties. Really felt and looked nice. Really looks like slim chances that Santa will stop here with one for me even though I deserve one! Maybe my wife needs one..... Congrats. What does it weigh??
Posted By: UplandGuide Re: Santa came real early this year..... - 11/09/12 12:20 AM
Weighs 6lbs 8oz.
Wow. Great looking gun. Beautiful colors & wood. Congrats.

OWD
Nice gun. I was impressed with the examples I handled at the Southern. I especially like the Boss-style quarter rib.

Adam
Well, Sydney and I took the new Inverness for a short walk today. I can now tell you that the bottom barrel has been tested and it functions flawlessly......as the picture below will attest (I'll try the top barrel at a later date). Beautiful point and fantastic shot . (Please excuse the tongue....Syd has this funny habit of just letting the thing hang out the side - very unbecoming of a lady.) This is the latest I've ever killed a Woodcock up in my covers.

To all who have an Inverness on order.....you will love this shotgun.
I cannot wait to get mine!
Adam, it's not really a quarter rib, more like short stub at each end. I ordered mine with the Boss feature. The Boss rib prototype was at the Fall Southern also and I still like it a lot. I hope the ribless barrel feature knocks a few ounces off the weight.
Posted By: CBL1 Re: Santa came real early this year.....UPDATE! - 11/12/12 05:13 PM
Very interesting to note this (attractive) gun is being offered as effectively rib-less (ala Boss), with a small vestigial front rib over the chambers and a smaller "stub" rib at the muzzle end as eightbore has pointed out. This is pretty rare nowadays on new guns, but is also an option being offered by Boxall and Edmiston here in the UK on their new English made round-action over-and-under.

http://www.boxallandedmiston.co.uk/

The look and feel of this ribless spec is surprisingly attractive and easy to shoot, and if memory serves, shaves off app c.5oz from the weight of a 30" barrel.

Craig.
what type of case does it come with?
No case is included at the purchase price.
Thanks
Posted By: Hoof Re: Santa came real early this year.....UPDATE! - 11/17/12 01:15 AM
Originally Posted By: CBL1
Very interesting to note this (attractive) gun is being offered as effectively rib-less (ala Boss), with a small vestigial front rib over the chambers and a smaller "stub" rib at the muzzle end as eightbore has pointed out. This is pretty rare nowadays on new guns, but is also an option being offered by Boxall and Edmiston here in the UK on their new English made round-action over-and-under.

http://www.boxallandedmiston.co.uk/

The look and feel of this ribless spec is surprisingly attractive and easy to shoot, and if memory serves, shaves off app c.5oz from the weight of a 30" barrel.

Craig.

I have been wondering why this isn't happening more to save weight. Especially over/unders where they will reinforce an aluminum action to save a few ounces, and then put a 1/2 inch wide full length rib on the barrels. I have a 1935 Remington model 32 with no ribs between the barrels, and no rib on top. I don't miss them at all.
CHAZ
I also have a Remington 32 with no rib either on top or between the barrels. I will weigh it and check back. What I really want to weigh is my new ribless Inverness. I'm hoping for about 5-12. Wish me luck.
Posted By: Hoof Re: Santa came real early this year.....UPDATE! - 11/18/12 03:58 AM
I never weighed mine (28" barrels) but it doesn't feel light, it just feels "right." Double triggers and factory cyl/imp cyl, perfect behind a pointing dog. Hard to believe you could buy a gun like that in 1935, but not today.
CHAZ
Posted By: CBL1 Re: Santa came real early this year.....UPDATE! - 11/18/12 10:08 AM
There are very few new guns to my awareness which now offer a ribless option. The Perazzi HPX (which can be specc'd to 34" barrels) has no mid-rib (i.e. between the two barrels of an over and under) but other than that, it is very rare to see this.

Of the orders for the new Boxall O/U, I am led to believe a number have been for the ribless (no top rib) option, so clearly there is good interest. I shot both prototypes - ribbed and ribless and preferred the latter, both from a handling perspective, but also from an aesthetics viewpoint.
Does anyone know what they are charging for the ribless barrels?
Nice gun! And UG, you're very fortunate to have woodcock around so late. Here in northern WI, our season ends the first week of Nov. But this year, I moved my last woodcock about 10 days before the season ended. They'd all headed south. However, hard to complain, because the leaves came down early and the woodcock hunting was pretty consistently good from the start of the season until they all left.
Builder, the Boss rib option is a ridiculous $700. I asked Lou and Tony whether there was a chance they could change that. When I got my invoice it was still $700. It's going to be a rare gun that has that option if they don't change the price. Of course, it would also help if they would include it in their option list. Murphy
Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Nice gun! And UG, you're very fortunate to have woodcock around so late. Here in northern WI, our season ends the first week of Nov. But this year, I moved my last woodcock about 10 days before the season ended. They'd all headed south. However, hard to complain, because the leaves came down early and the woodcock hunting was pretty consistently good from the start of the season until they all left.

I was out with a client today and my Llewellin, Sydney, pointed two woodcock (season closed Nov 15th). Beautiful scene, birds flushed out against a blue sky....just like a Ripley painting. They better get a move on......winter weather is coming on!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com