doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: docbill Samual Marson-Birming ham-12 ga. - 10/10/12 01:17 PM
The local gun shop has a Samual Marson-Birmingham 12 ga. in the rack. It is 30" damascus, dt, splinter, PW grip in about 90-95% condition with good uncut wood. They have priced it at $1750.

Anyone want to give me venture a guess as to what it is really worth.
Posted By: Ken Georgi Re: Samual Marson-Birming ham-12 ga. - 10/10/12 01:33 PM
Is this a boxlock? How is it finished? Ejectors or extractors? What is the condition of the bore? From your description it is not possible to determine if this is a basic boxlock or something more. What other details can you provide?

Ken
Posted By: docbill Re: Samual Marson-Birming ham-12 ga. - 10/10/12 01:38 PM
Bores are in great shape, it has extractors, and it is a box lock. The finish appears to be original,
Posted By: Ken Georgi Re: Samual Marson-Birming ham-12 ga. - 10/10/12 01:53 PM
Dig's new book on the British Boxlock does a very nice job of discussing features on the gun that would indicate a better/more-expensive gun. These features will influence the price and would include things like the quality of the wood, the engraving coverage and quality, the overall fit & finish, etc. Can you touch a litle on these type of items.

I am a fan on the British boxloxks, but detemining whether $1750 is a good/great price or something less than a good price will hinge on the details.
Posted By: docbill Re: Samual Marson-Birming ham-12 ga. - 10/10/12 04:16 PM
I'll see if I can get pictures.
Posted By: justin Re: Samual Marson-Birming ham-12 ga. - 10/11/12 12:05 AM
Sounds a bit pricey
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com