doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: trw999 Shotgun Practice at Your Desk! - 10/04/12 08:58 AM
I am becoming curiously addicted to http://www.rantonen.net/clayhunt/

It is an app for iPhone or iPad and is as realistic as any I have seen. The sight picture, albeit with an over and under - sorry, is pretty good and the lead required in the expert category reasonably realistic, as far as these things go.

I managed a 25/25 on the beginner game after a day. The expert categories are harder and the arcade game is fun, with a multi shot auto!

It was my 85 year old father who told me about the app. He'd been playing it on his iPad for a couple of days!

Tim
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Shotgun Practice at Your Desk! - 10/04/12 10:26 AM
I for one don't play on phones all day long.
Posted By: Dave in Maine Re: Shotgun Practice at Your Desk! - 10/04/12 10:41 AM
Likewise.
Posted By: trw999 Re: Shotgun Practice at Your Desk! - 10/04/12 11:28 AM
And neither do I chaps!

In fact, I abhor computer and 'phone games usually. It's why I started my post with the words 'curiously addicted'. I certainly did not sit at my desk and do nothing but Clay Hunt after I down loaded it. However, over a cup of tea it's a bit of fun.

Tim
Posted By: Roy Australia Re: Shotgun Practice at Your Desk! - 10/04/12 12:11 PM
Thanks TRW999 - might be just the thing for long waits at airports!
Posted By: welder Re: Shotgun Practice at Your Desk! - 10/04/12 12:59 PM
You and I may not 'play' on the phones, but our kids sure do! Took my Sons in Law, neither of whom are hunters, for a day and a half of grouse hunting 2 weeks ago. We had great fun and hope this will turn into an annual trip.

I can't think of a better to get younger people into our sport than to have things such as this APP create interest in it.

If youth is not interjected, where are the doubles we love going to go when we move on?

(However, the App definitely should have a side by side!)
Posted By: 2holer Re: Shotgun Practice at Your Desk! - 10/04/12 02:48 PM
Thanks for the post. I agree, it could help get youngsters into shooting.
Posted By: LGF Re: Shotgun Practice at Your Desk! - 10/04/12 04:51 PM
Is there anything like this for PC's? My $10 phone only makes calls. I have never played a computer game in my life, but am willing to if I might finally learn how to lead a clay.
Posted By: trw999 Re: Shotgun Practice at Your Desk! - 10/04/12 05:26 PM
Try http://www.gunsonpegs.com/shooting/games/shooting_game.php

I've not played it for a while but its the only one I know of.

Tim
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com