doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: topgun Parker barrels - 07/11/12 04:24 AM
Tried to post this to the PGCA forum, but I haven't posted there in years and must be on the shift list; as I am not allowed access for posting? So, and since most Parker aficionados check this forum, I'll past this info along here under the FYI category.
Talked with a guy tonight who has 4 sets of Parker barrels with forearms (two have frames missing various parts); and all are extractor sets. They are:

30" Grade G Damascus ten-bore top lever hammer in 33xxx sn range.
32" DH Titanic Steel 12-bore #2 frame in 102XXX sn range
26" GH Damascus Steel 20-bore #0 frame in 113xxx sn range
32" VH Vulcan Steel 20-bore #1 frame in 177XXX sn range.

All these serial numbers are in the Parker Serialization book; and barrel lengths and barrel steel types match records. I suspect a 32" #1 frame 20-bore Parker barrel is kinda rare? I have no idea as to current condition of these barrels, but the owner will likely be selling. I suggested he might wish to post a head's up here and on the PGCA; and just so there is no misunderstanding. I don't know this guy, never met him (other than thru this phone call), have no personal or financial interest in these barrels; and don't even own a danged Parker at the moment.
Posted By: woodcock hunter Re: Parker barrels - 07/11/12 11:54 AM
PM sent
Posted By: topgun Re: Parker barrels - 07/16/12 12:54 PM
The owner of the above referenced barrels contacted me this AM to advise me that he has sold all Parker barrels sets that he had; and given the fact that the interest in these barrels had been amazing, asked that I post a head's up in that regard here. The owner also asked that I post a sincere thanks to all of you who may have contacted him and expressed interest.
Tom
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com