doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: skeettx Original Parker Case Colors - 06/28/12 05:45 PM
Hello All

Please review this

http://www.16ga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=114458#114458
Posted By: Bob Jurewicz Re: Original Parker Case Colors - 06/28/12 09:39 PM
If your question is-Are they original my answer is NO.
If your question is-Are they like original colors my answer is NO.
Bob Jurewicz
Posted By: skeettx Re: Original Parker Case Colors - 06/28/12 09:43 PM
I asked no questions
Thanks for the answers smile

Now, why do you say this??
The gun has been in a closet and not fired for many years
Never fixed after the early accident.

Anyone have pictures of REAL Parker case colors?

Posted By: eightbore Re: Original Parker Case Colors - 06/28/12 10:06 PM
I like the colors and would buy that gun to restock. I have no idea whether they are original. The serial number would help to determine that.
Posted By: jmc Re: Original Parker Case Colors - 06/28/12 10:08 PM
Skeet,

This link is posted as a 'sticky' on the 16ga forum http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/12588446. Has picture of Parker cyanide colors but no mention as to factory original. Hope this helps. I'm not expert in this area but the engraving sure looks factory sharp on the broken gun you posted.

jmc
Posted By: skeettx Re: Original Parker Case Colors - 06/28/12 10:10 PM
Yes, a restock would be nice

Posted By: philmurphy Re: Original Parker Case Colors - 06/28/12 10:18 PM
Case colors appear to be cyanide case colors, not bone case colors. During the late Remington era production case colors where shifted to cyanide, according to Del Greco. The serial number will indicate when the gun was produced. I need more information, #, bore, frame size, pictures of the fractured stock, barrel length, etc. The gun has been reworked, in my opinon. BTW the auto safety is disconnected.
Posted By: CLB Re: Original Parker Case Colors - 06/28/12 11:13 PM
Skeettx claims the gun left the factory in 1930, that would make it pre Remington. Sorry to say that what he was told was just a story. Those case colors are not Parker original case colors.

For examples of what original Parker colors look like, visit the Parker discussion forum. Plenty of examples there.

Looks like a nice shootable Parker after some repair work.
Posted By: skeettx Re: Original Parker Case Colors - 06/28/12 11:17 PM
Skeettx claims nothing
Where do you get that I claim ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob suggests that I have questions
CLB suggests that I have claims

Who is next to make an odd comment??

Mike
Posted By: CLB Re: Original Parker Case Colors - 06/28/12 11:42 PM
Skeettx, sorry I now see that Doggai was the original poster on the 16ga site and you posted the pictures for him.

Doggai said that the gun has been in the same family since purchased and was broken in an accident shortly after purchase in 1930.

You posted this in the 3rd post down on this thread:
I asked no questions
Thanks for the answers smile
Now, why do you say this??
The gun has been in a closet and not fired for many years
Never fixed after the early accident.

Seems like you did claim something?
Posted By: skeettx Re: Original Parker Case Colors - 06/28/12 11:47 PM
Only quoting Doggai for those not inclined to read the 16GA posting

Isn't this fun??
Alot better than talking about Uggies grin
Posted By: tut Re: Original Parker Case Colors - 06/29/12 12:23 AM
Those look like later DelGreco colors cyanide imo. I've got a VHE made in 1937 and the case colors (which are very nice) don't look like the one in the picture. Mine look like bone and charcoal for sure.

Anyway, I posted these photo's on the Parker forum and those guys will tell us for sure.
Posted By: Nitro Express Re: Original Parker Case Colors - 06/29/12 01:19 AM
It seems that you do a lot of pirating of pix with out asking first. Not enough of your own things to post ?
Posted By: Hussey Re: Original Parker Case Colors - 06/29/12 01:38 AM
No way they are original Parker or Rem-Parker colors. Perhaps DelGrego but I am thinking not. I believe his were/are a little more subtle than that.

By the way Tut, it's DelGrego not DelGreco.
Posted By: Jerry V Lape Re: Original Parker Case Colors - 06/29/12 01:46 AM
look a lot like cyanide colors as on my very late VHE which DelGrego recolored. I really dislike them. Does anyone besides DelGrego confirm Remington went to cyanide colors?
Posted By: topgun Re: Original Parker Case Colors - 06/29/12 01:49 AM
I won't speculate on the authenticity of those case colors; but I can tell you that DelGrego color cased several Parkers for me some years ago, and the colors on that gun do not bear even close resemblance to the colors on the finished guns I received from Mr. Delgrego.
Posted By: tut Re: Original Parker Case Colors - 06/29/12 02:07 AM
Originally Posted By: Nitro Express
It seems that you do a lot of pirating of pix with out asking first. Not enough of your own things to post ?

Hey, pick on Skeetx, he pirated them first.

PS. Who has more posts on this forum, you are me???

Double PS. Wasn't aware those pics were copyright protected.
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Original Parker Case Colors - 06/29/12 02:30 AM
Just tangent to the Del Grego cyanide casehardening...I don't think he actually does the cyanide process in his little tin building. But I could be wrong. There was a thread on that a while back.
Posted By: tut Re: Original Parker Case Colors - 06/29/12 02:33 AM
Here's a gun redone by Delgreco some years ago. It wasn't fired after the restoration:

PS. This was my gun and I don't give a rats butt who reposts the pics because I don't own a copyright to them. smile
I bet they're Remington-era colors, but I don't know if they're original or if the gun went back to the factory for work.

The original poster may have his dates wrong, too.

These look like original Meriden colors:

http://www.gunsinternational.com/popup.cfm?id=100261649&num=5&pic=100261649-5-L.jpg

OWD
Posted By: Hussey Re: Original Parker Case Colors - 06/29/12 03:42 PM
Without the serial number it's impossible to know for sure but that's not a Remington era gun. Remington made Parkers only had "Parker" engraved on the sides and the one in question has "Parker Bros."
Shoot. You're right.

OWD
Posted By: tut Re: Original Parker Case Colors - 06/29/12 09:34 PM
Got a PM from the seller and he will not provide the serial number or the serial number range. Thus the mystery stays a mystery.
Posted By: CJO Re: Original Parker Case Colors - 06/29/12 10:37 PM
This is what late Remington era Parker colours should look like...this is an almost unfired specimen with 99% original cc's

CJ

© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com